Mortalfool -

sbdjuggalos

Anybody want to make me a new sig?

08/04/2007 03:28 AM (UTC)
krayziebonethug Wrote:
owen_pwned Wrote:
I much prefer dafont.com

Shinnok-fan64 Wrote:
^ Kraziebonethug, go here; its got hundreds of fonts.
1001 Fonts.com
smile

i appreciate the help , although ive downloaded the fonst but how do i get them to work on GIMP .

Heres what you do.

Find where you d/led the font you want,Then "Click" on that file folder. Next, go to where it says "Extract", Once you have done that,Then copy the "Font" that you want to put on GIMP. Then Paste the "Font" into your "Font Folder". The next time you load up GIMP,Your font will be there.

Hope that helps.wink
krayziebonethug
About Me
www.TestYourMight.com
08/04/2007 10:05 AM (UTC)
Much apreciated guys . thank you guys for your help and support .
redman
08/04/2007 04:11 PM (UTC)
I now know how to install brushes.

But, the only problem is that i can't do much with the BG.

Can somone give me some good tuts on HOW to install C4D's or whatever you do with them? Because i don't understand.
Hikari715
08/04/2007 05:03 PM (UTC)
redman Wrote:
I now know how to install brushes.

But, the only problem is that i can't do much with the BG.

Can somone give me some good tuts on HOW to install C4D's or whatever you do with them? Because i don't understand.

Um, you don't install c4ds. You just save them into your computer.
redman
08/04/2007 05:20 PM (UTC)
Ok i got that part, but how do i put them on the sig?
Shinnok-fan64
08/04/2007 06:19 PM (UTC)
^ after you save them on your computer redman, you either add by doing either of these two things.....

1.go to File>Open, then click on the c4d; then you can make it whatever size you want by doing Image>Scale Image.

2.go to File>Open As Layer, then click on the c4d; this will automatically make it a layer on the sig you're making, and if it dosen't fit the whole sig it will just go over as much as it can.

Hope that helps.smile
redman
08/04/2007 06:30 PM (UTC)
Wait, when you download brushes and brush them on the sig why can't it be the color of the brush as in the picture on Deviant Art?
KARATE
About Me
Thanks for the sig Pr0d1gYKomodo 1,

3 -

Mattthew -

PinkRanger -

Shinnok-fan64 -

Ulcatron 1,

3 -

Skinsley -

Nest1 -

Wiido -

Jago -

ThePredator151 -

RomanK -

MK2007 -

Pr0d1gY 1,

3 -

Bone 1,

2 -

Flameshang -

Barakaz_Cuz -

Hikari 1,

2 -

Kamionero -

Xtactics 1,

2 -

MINION -

DevilJin -

Mortalfool -

sbdjuggalos

Anybody want to make me a new sig?

08/09/2007 11:07 AM (UTC)
How do you use clipping masks with GIMP?
s3Kt0r
About Me
------------> DO
08/31/2007 05:29 AM (UTC)
1.)Get a stock image
2.)Pick a font that you like and place it over where you want to get the colors from
3.)Then go click Alpha To Selection
4.)Go click Edit>Copy Visible
5.)Press CTRL-L then press CTRL-k
6.)Delete the font layer
7.)Go copy visible and paste the image onto a new layer
8.)Then go to that layer and copy and paste the selection.

I hope this helps..
Armitage
12/29/2007 03:35 AM (UTC)
How do I make animations?

I have had a lot of ideas for fatalities for a while now. I downloaded gimp, but I can't figure out how to make the animations. A tutorial would be greatly appreciated.
Armitage
01/07/2008 08:29 PM (UTC)
Hey thanks for the information...*cough*sarcasm*cough*...

Seriously though, I learned how to make animations while waiting for some advice. I guess it's fair to say, to those who looked this thread and could have helped, but didn't, Thanks for nothingfurious

I'll show off my MK2 Rain fatality as soon as I figure out how to post it, I'll probably have to figure that out on my own too.glasses
SubMan799
01/11/2008 01:47 AM (UTC)
Quick question, how do I remove te white box around a newly pasted image? It's so annoying!
khanswarrior15
01/11/2008 02:10 PM (UTC)
Subman,you should be able to use the "Path-Finding Tool" to make a path around that specific image.Once you've got it around the picture,press the "Delete" key.

SubMan799
01/13/2008 08:50 PM (UTC)
khanswarrior15 Wrote:
Subman,you should be able to use the "Path-Finding Tool" to make a path around that specific image.Once you've got it around the picture,press the "Delete" key.

Yeah, that's not working. The pathfinding tool jst creates lines, and when I press delete, nothing happens.
SubMan799
01/13/2008 11:28 PM (UTC)
I just reada path finding tutorial, and still have no idea how it helps at all. Can someone please help? I would appreciate it alot
Kombatic
01/16/2008 05:40 AM (UTC)
I would like to know how to do one of those sigs where you have a character , Like say Jin from Tekken 5, and put it on a one of those Neat backgrounds, like what SubMan799 did in the SOTW thread.
SubMan799
01/16/2008 06:23 AM (UTC)
Kombatic Wrote:
I would like to know how to do one of those sigs where you have a character , Like say Jin from Tekken 5, and put it on a one of those Neat backgrounds, like what SubMan799 did in the SOTW thread.

Get some brushes here:

http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/gimpbrushes/

Then paint over your blank sheet with a brush you want. That's what I did for the Jin sig. Of course, there are tutorials to making sigs. There are a few links on the first page
-Brad-
01/26/2008 12:24 AM (UTC)
Installed :)

Now to experiment, I have no experience in this.
Armitage
01/31/2008 02:01 AM (UTC)
Neither did I, but it's easy. EDIT: If anyone wants some information on how to make animations with GIMP, PM me, I know a few things, not everything, but enough to make animations.
Cyber_EV1L
02/28/2008 03:18 PM (UTC)
This Thread should be re-made with more and better tutorials.Or at least updated by MegaBabe...if she ever comes back.sad
satinsoven
About Me

Why do dyslexics hate Christmas? Because that's when Satan comes.

03/15/2008 01:10 PM (UTC)
how can i make good blood effects in gimp? i want to make a scenario where a fighters head is smashed by a ball and club(think of drahmins fatality). Please help me! i don't have the slightest idea of what i'm doing cause im confused as hell, but i was fooling around last night and i kind of learned the basic tools of gimp. i can do pallete swaps, but that's it. lately what i've been doing for blood is spray painting a bunch of red in ms paint, then blurring it in gimp (ill provide a picture later)
owen_pwned
03/29/2008 04:32 PM (UTC)
Well try downloading blood brushes on deviantart.com

Or if you're good with a mouse use the airbrush tool.
Just a quick note of something I figured out in Photoshop. Maybe GIMP has a similar option.

When transforming or rotating an image with hard edges in Photoshop, you get automatic Antialiasing, which makes the sharp edges turn semi transparent to smooth it out. That's problematic when working with sprites.

If you go under Edit>Preferences>General

You'll see an option near the top of the pop up window called
"Image Interpolation"
That option needs to be changed to
Nearest Neighbor (preserve Hard Edges)
By default it's set to Bicubic (best for smooth gradients)

That was a pain in my neck for a long time, I used to have an odd ball work around for it.

Antialiasing causes problems with sprites because of the transparent pixels it creates. It causes a colored outline to show up around GiF files with transparency. Same problem happens when editing sprites for something like Mugen.
Kitana_MK9
03/31/2011 07:27 AM (UTC)
thanks for the tutorials, it really helped me.
mytony
08/31/2011 02:41 AM (UTC)
Nice job. I love these images. I thinks game videos are all beautiful. [url=http://www.diablo3goldstock.com]Diablo 3 Gold[/url] [url=http://www.diablo3goldstock.com]Cheap Diablo 3 Gold[/url] [url=http://www.diablo3goldstock.com]Buy Diablo 3 Gold[/url]
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.