Mortal Kombat Online Official Monitored Feedback Thread
posted07/11/2016 06:45 PM (UTC)by
D'Arque Bishop
About Me

D'Arque Bishop - Sysadmin
drkbish@mortalkombatonline.com

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
For a dark man shall enter the House of God...

Seeing as I didn't do a good job of monitoring the original feedback thread and I'm too lazy to bother re-editing the original thread, I'm going to go ahead and start a new thread here. smile

This thread is your chance to give us feedback on site features, bugs you think need fixing, suggestions on things we can improve on, that kind of thing. I'll be monitoring this thread daily from this point on, and will be trying to reply to as many questions and suggestions as I can. Before I turn you guys loose, there are a few ground rules I want to establish.
  • This thread is not for complaining about other users. If you have a problem with a user causing problems, please PM an online moderator (or offline ones if no one is around). If you have a problem with a moderator, please PM ~Crow~.

• On the other hand, this thread is not for recommending yourself or others to be promoted to moderator status. smile We have an internal system for selecting new moderators and have that under control.

• If you have a corrupted PM, please PM me directly with the PM number. Unfortunately, at this time, CCShadow and I are the only ones who have access to fix corrupted PMs.

• We are in the initial planning stages of Version 8 of the site. No, I can't say when it will be put into production. What this means, though, is that unless a new feature is absolutely necessary, it will be pushed off until V.8 at the very earliest. (Of course, this does not apply to bugfixes.)

All right, with that said, let's hear what you have to say. smile
SubMan799
10/26/2008 10:16 PM (UTC)
Nice to know that the Pocket Forum might eventually be destroyed. Really, I've been trying to kill that abomination for the last two years.

We need new themes. Just throwing that out there before anyone else does. Also, whenever I pick a theme other than the Sub-Zero one and go to the forums, all the thread's little icon picture (the ones that show if it's stickied, closed or just a regular thread) always has a white outline that's really annoying. Just wondering if you guys plan on doing anything about that minor annoyance
D'Arque Bishop
10/26/2008 11:16 PM (UTC)
SubMan799 Wrote:
We need new themes. Just throwing that out there before anyone else does. Also, whenever I pick a theme other than the Sub-Zero one and go to the forums, all the thread's little icon picture (the ones that show if it's stickied, closed or just a regular thread) always has a white outline that's really annoying. Just wondering if you guys plan on doing anything about that minor annoyance

Obviously new themes will be a Version 8 thing.

As far as the icon pictures go, what web browser are you using? I'm using Mozilla Firefox and don't notice that, except as part of the table used to create the forum thread index anyway.
shazeem1
10/27/2008 01:26 PM (UTC)
The site's great, except for The outdated information in the Kommunity Faqs.

When do you think you'll be able to updated the Faqs, because for new users, it can be misleading--with some of the new rules and regualtions some Moderators/Users on here are using in the forums.

Other than that the site's great.

--Good Job DArque and CCShadow.

PS: Not my question, but why don't apostraphies show up in subjects on a forum?

confused
D'Arque Bishop
10/27/2008 06:34 PM (UTC)
shazeem1 Wrote:
The site's great, except for The outdated information in the Kommunity Faqs.

When do you think you'll be able to updated the Faqs, because for new users, it can be misleading--with some of the new rules and regualtions some Moderators/Users on here are using in the forums.

The Community FAQ is actually handed by ~Crow~ these days. I know he's working on an updated version but I'm not sure when he'll be done and it'll be implemented. Stay tuned.

<
PS: Not my question, but why don't apostraphies show up in subjects on a forum?

confused

That's a bug in the system. It's not just in forum threads; news stories have the same problem. It's one of the problems we'll have fixed in V.8.
shazeem1
10/27/2008 07:18 PM (UTC)
Good Job, You really are monitoring this.. Joking of course

Thanks I hope V.8 will be a major improvement for the members.
outworld222
10/27/2008 08:11 PM (UTC)
Is there a chance my corrupted ID can be fixed?

illu§ion
10/27/2008 10:36 PM (UTC)
-I was wondfering if someone can fix my name issue? A lot of people have trouble PMing me because of my symbol.

-There should be a rank of people who are banned so that way we'll know who is just inactive or currently banned.
D'Arque Bishop
10/28/2008 01:00 AM (UTC)
illu§ion Wrote:
-I was wondfering if someone can fix my name issue? A lot of people have trouble PMing me because of my symbol.

I can't exactly go into details, but one of the things we are working on for V.8 is finding a way to deal with users that have special characters in their nicks. Again, stay tuned.

-There should be a rank of people who are banned so that way we'll know who is just inactive or currently banned.

You know, that's one thing that I wish we had included into V.7 that never got implemented. Suffice to say that something like you are describing is being looked at for V.8.
outworld222
10/29/2008 12:38 AM (UTC)
Answer my question please DAB. Supposedly this thread is monitored, so go ahead and answer it please.
D'Arque Bishop
10/29/2008 12:58 AM (UTC)
I didn't feel the need to read your post, seeing as you didn't feel the need to read my original post. smile
Jerrod
About Me
MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
Signature by Pred
10/29/2008 03:11 AM (UTC)
DArqueBishop Wrote:
I didn't feel the need to read your post, seeing as you didn't feel the need to read my original post. smile

DAB just PWN3|) j00!!1!!1one one11eleven!
TonyTheTiger
About Me

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.

10/29/2008 03:30 AM (UTC)
Ok, here are a couple small ones:

1) The PM outbox should come back.

2) It's annoying that upon editing a post you have to put in the HTML for a break to separate paragraphs.
D'Arque Bishop
10/29/2008 03:33 AM (UTC)
TonyTheTiger Wrote:
Ok, here are a couple small ones:

1) The PM outbox should come back.

The PM system is going to be worked on in Version 8. Unfortunately, the way the system is set up right now kind of makes the outbox difficult. We'll put that on the to-do list.

2) It's annoying that upon editing a post you have to put in the HTML for a break to separate paragraphs.

Trust me, that annoys me to no end as well. That's one of the FIRST things I'm making sure is fixed in Version 8.
outworld222
10/29/2008 08:31 PM (UTC)
DArqueBishop Wrote:

What's the difference? I've contacted you many times before with no results.

I'll Contact CCShadow thank you very much.smile
Kombatic
10/30/2008 06:59 AM (UTC)
One strange thing I've noticed as of late is that the reply button on the PM doesn't seem to work. I try to click to respond to a PM I got, but it never did anything. Before I could click, type my message, and send but it seems like I can only go as far as reading a PM and thats it. Now If I want to reply to a PM, I have to hand compose responses instead.
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

10/31/2008 03:59 AM (UTC)
Kombatic Wrote:
One strange thing I've noticed as of late is that the reply button on the PM doesn't seem to work. I try to click to respond to a PM I got, but it never did anything. Before I could click, type my message, and send but it seems like I can only go as far as reading a PM and thats it. Now If I want to reply to a PM, I have to hand compose responses instead.

Yea, I've occasionally had that problem as well.

Also, and this is my biggest complaint, but after we post a message, when we click "go to message", can you guys make it so it actually goes to our post and not the original post?
D'Arque Bishop
11/01/2008 03:10 AM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
\Also, and this is my biggest complaint, but after we post a message, when we click "go to message", can you guys make it so it actually goes to our post and not the original post?

I apologize for not responding to this one sooner, but I wanted to check with CCS first to get his thoughts. (This problem annoys me all to hell too.) He's going to look into it tomorrow. I wouldn't get hopes up, though; depending on how problematic it might be to fix, we may have to wait until Version 8.
Jerrod
About Me
MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
Signature by Pred
11/02/2008 10:59 PM (UTC)
The "Search MKO" button doesn't work on all pages of the site, as in, it works when one is on the main page, but not in certain forums.
(Erik)
11/04/2008 03:03 AM (UTC)
I am very happy that Mortal Kombat Online finally got an internet symbol. Well it is being finicky, so I am not sure if it has been here all along.
TonyTheTiger
About Me

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.

11/05/2008 09:22 PM (UTC)
This ability to undo certain actions would be nice. Unlock threads, unsticky threads without having to close them, etc. It affects more than the mods since I remember back during April Fools I ended up closing a thread because I wasn't in on the prank and felt bad because I couldn't fix it.
D'Arque Bishop
11/06/2008 03:59 PM (UTC)
TonyTheTiger Wrote:
This ability to undo certain actions would be nice. Unlock threads, unsticky threads without having to close them, etc. It affects more than the mods since I remember back during April Fools I ended up closing a thread because I wasn't in on the prank and felt bad because I couldn't fix it.

That will definitely have to wait until Version 8.
-Rijo-
About Me
11/13/2008 08:59 PM (UTC)
If somehow you could delete the line breaks from quotes, that'd be real nice and make a lot of quote trains look a bit neater. Some users don't know how or are too lazy to manually delete them when quoting.
SubMan799
11/21/2008 12:23 AM (UTC)
We really need a compelte overhaul on the online forums. rename them, change the stickies, etc.

Also, I think that you should get rid of MKA and historic MK games forum and just use the Overall MK Forum to discuss them.
ErmackDaddy
About Me

Thanks redman for the sig!

12/03/2008 03:24 AM (UTC)
I think we should do more polls. Polls are fantastic. Even if they have nothing to do with MK.
Pages: 5
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.