~Crow~
11/21/2010 01:55 AM (UTC)
The thread is monitored, at least it is currently. I can only speak from personal experience. I do value input (and I may just create a brand new thread for this) but what you have to understand is the ability to actually do some of these site related fixes and changes is not a job the entire team can take care of. The one person that can handle such changes is a very busy person with an involving career, so just give us some time.

Just wanted to let everyone know I had read the messages in this topic up until this post. Don't be afraid to keep posting.
mktfreak135
11/27/2010 09:38 PM (UTC)
where did you get this picture i usally get mine from here " rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow">http://www.mortalkombatwarehouse.com/mk/smile
KingofKings97
12/07/2010 12:37 AM (UTC)
I think a change to the dragon points system would be cool. Have users thumb up or thumb down your post. Users could also vote on others' rank ups by dragon point eligibiltiy.
-Brad-
12/11/2010 04:37 PM (UTC)
I’d enjoy this feature.

Thread View Count
- Would help in “testing the waters”, determining if many are viewing and just not posting or just not viewing altogether. Even better, what I've seen a site do before, a bonus unique thread view count, showing how many individual users looked at it. (different ip addresses activate it one plus view count)
Greenroom
About Me

I need a great pic here. Edenian people would be my fav. Inbox me pls.

12/24/2010 07:14 PM (UTC)
Hi,

For years this site was excellent with updating its format and look with the arrival of each new game. The last update (that I remember) was with the introduction of MK Deception. Since then I haven't seen any other layout updates. I was always excited to see the new ideas the staff had come up with and new tools that we were able to use as site visitors.

Has anyone heard or can someone advise if there will be an update to the site with the launch of the new game? A lot has happened in the MK world in the last few years and I feel that this site (my favorite for MK) should polish itself up with the update to the new game.

Merry Christmas to all the MK Krazies out there!!
SEGAmaniac7
12/24/2010 08:58 PM (UTC)
I have had this idea for awhile it may be totally retarded and stupid but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. For the future a "that made my day" system would be really great. It is not in anyway a replacement of the DP points(I think those really need to go and be replaced by a better points system.)

The "that made my day system is an extra thing. I have seen many times on the forums where a user posts a thoughtful or funny message that makes another users day, I think they should be able to express that.
With only one "that made my day" each day, so it can only be used once, but doesn't have to be used at all.

A user can click a button under another users post and it will "this post made this persons day".

I thought this would be really cool.
Its not about how many times you get it or some sort of a game. Just a way for a user to show appreciation for another users post.

Anyways i just thought I would post this, you don't even have to use but just think about it.

12/24/2010 10:56 PM (UTC)
Hey, I'm just waiting on a Quan Chi theme.

A Tanya theme would kick ass, too.
EmperorKahn
01/10/2011 08:02 AM (UTC)
It would be nice to have a character specific listing on the forum. like the one here for tekken.
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=145
So it would be a faster way of talking about the characters instead having to make a thread about them or making a new thread because it expired.
Locusta
01/14/2011 10:26 AM (UTC)
Monitored?? You mean like 1984?? I love cameras!!!

Make Sheeva awesome! Make her not slow and lumbering, but with the heavy grace that a tiger possesses.

Here's my Sheeva sketch. <3 http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2764/sheevasketch.jpg

The best MK character imho. Goro has brought only Shame to the Shokan. Sheeva needs to be in this game.

Locusta
01/14/2011 10:31 AM (UTC)
OH lol it's only feedback for the site. Well that's less exciting. However, I guess I'd suggest mor gore. This site is PRETTY TAME
FlamingTP
03/12/2011 08:12 AM (UTC)
I dont think I have seen this site change much since I joined, but I do think it could use a good overhaul. (centered and stretchable anyone?) Now I realize that life kills the time of the webmasters around here. I was wondering if it would be alright for some of us free-time-having ,web-code minded, nerds to perhaps lend our services. like a web design contest or something?
KingofKings97
03/23/2011 01:48 AM (UTC)
This website needs a TOTAL makeover. I love the community and most people in it, but MKO just doesn't look like a professional forum.

-It is SO tough to get DP's on this site (without using the fan submission/dragon point threads such as the "Show Off Your Pretty Faces Thread" or the "PSN IDs/Xbox Live Gamertag" threads). It's hard enough for a mod to see your post, let alone think it is well thought out and helpful. I think an alteration that would allow fellow users of the community to "vote up" or "vote down" your posts would result in people reaching higher ranks, faster.

-This site hasn't had a major update since MK:D (2004). The series has been re-vamped, so why isn't the site? I think a more updated design to fit the upcoming release of MK(2011) would be just what the site needs to come back to life.

-Another thing I think should be fixed is the "Forum Listing Section". I don't understand the point of having "1992-2000" and "2002-2006" forums. Why not just have one for each game in the series? I am all for saving space but it is a more organized way of discussing past games.

-Creating threads have always bothered me throughout my stay here. One problem is that the user cannot create a thread that involves a poll or a voting system. The OP just has to keep track of who said what and in the end it just becomes confusing and frustrating. Also this is a MINOR MINOR problem I have and that is that there are only 10 smileys to choose from. Something else that bugs me is that you actually have to type in the programming code for bold font, underlining, and different colored fonts. I think it would be better if these tools became easier to access during posting. -One final thing that I think should be changed is the ability to change your password. Also, the ability to change your username should be applied in the next update. Users should be given the opportunity to change their name once every year.

These are just my few suggestions for an updated, professional look/experience for MKO.
-Brad-
03/23/2011 07:15 PM (UTC)
A quicker way to view my messages would be nice.
Under the profile, have a quick access to all threads and posts made by that certain user.
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

03/24/2011 06:50 PM (UTC)
KingofKings97 Wrote:
-It is SO tough to get DP's on this site (without using the fan submission/dragon point threads such as the "Show Off Your Pretty Faces Thread" or the "PSN IDs/Xbox Live Gamertag" threads). It's hard enough for a mod to see your post, let alone think it is well thought out and helpful. I think an alteration that would allow fellow users of the community to "vote up" or "vote down" your posts would result in people reaching higher ranks, faster.

It has gotten much easier to get DPs here, actually. Granted, it's not as easy as I would like it to be, but they're there if you know where to look. I've never been a fan of the "vote up/vote down" system because it is oftentimes inaccurate. We are looking into the ranking system as a possibility for changes.
KingofKings97
03/24/2011 10:16 PM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
KingofKings97 Wrote:

It has gotten much easier to get DPs here, actually. Granted, it's not as easy as I would like it to be, but they're there if you know where to look. I've never been a fan of the "vote up/vote down" system because it is oftentimes inaccurate. We are looking into the ranking system as a possibility for changes.

True...well it's good you guys are actually thinking of ways to change the site around a bit. :)
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

03/26/2011 12:39 AM (UTC)
KingofKings97 Wrote:
m0s3pH Wrote:
KingofKings97 Wrote:

True...well it's good you guys are actually thinking of ways to change the site around a bit. :)

Most definitely. I can tell you that there will definitely be opportunities to earn DPs through me in the near future. :)
MEGAFIRE
About Me

Mortal Kombat -------------------------- 7/10
Mortal Kombat II --------------------- 9.5/10
Mortal Kombat 3 --------------------- 7.5/10
Mortal Kombat 4 ----------------------- 6/10
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - 10/10
Mortal Kombat: Deception ---------- 8/10
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ------ 4/10
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe -- 7/10
Mortal Kombat (2011) -------------- 9.5/10

03/26/2011 09:24 PM (UTC)
I think it would be cool if MKO had a blogging app. So users could post whats on their mind and other personal stuff, or rants or whatever other ideas regarding the new game. Right now people do stuff like this on the forum, which results in very long-winded personal posts.

Just my humble idea
ZeroSymbolic7188
04/12/2011 12:13 AM (UTC)
So Im new on this forum, but I noticed a few imperfections that I think could be fixed very easily.

Actually its one big imperfection with a simple fix:

Problem: People do not know how to hotlink links and photos, or how to seperate Quotes (this includes myself)

Solution: I come from the Bethesda Softworks thread, and on their forums they have buttons for these functions in thread, it looks like:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9689/hotlinkdemo.jpg

Would something like that be doable and worth doing on this forum?
NiteOwl
About Me

Formerly the "Frozensoul" ~Sig & avatar made by TheCypher~

04/24/2011 09:35 AM (UTC)
-Brad- Wrote:
A quicker way to view my messages would be nice.
Under the profile, have a quick access to all threads and posts made by that certain user.
This is practically essential! I'm surprised MKO doesn't have one.
(Erik)
04/25/2011 09:37 PM (UTC)
I think the MK 2011 could use a Drive By thread so that people don't make a new topic that gets like <4 replies. There you could talk about anything MK 2011.
PplEqualShyt
04/29/2011 03:08 PM (UTC)
Can we get a weekly updated MK Online Member Poll?

(Erik)
04/30/2011 04:23 PM (UTC)
I can't follow the Playboy news article to its topic.
(Erik)
05/24/2011 11:04 PM (UTC)
Sorry for the double post. Apparently nobody in the past twenty-five days has had an issue with this website. But I for one am sick of the stupid MKO Twitter thing. Someone else has said that we should have an option to turn it off. I agree. Who wants to look at those words bleed over onto the posts?

LOOK AT ME
bobbycool1
About Me

Black stole my avatar.

06/28/2011 10:01 PM (UTC)
i think we should get a new ranking on this site

it would be called "oni" and its right under "sub-mod" (shadow priest)

its for long members of this site, or just really helpful ones that have not moved up in rank, then you go to "oni"

i've noticed helpful members who ar not rewarded around here, and i've been on this site for a while (2008) ignore the visit count cause i stay logged in

oni is pretty much right under sub mod, and just means people who help all around the site.

there should be at least 5 onis per rotation.

thats my 2 cents
jack4813
07/14/2011 09:44 PM (UTC)
I think we should be able to spend DP's.

Like MS points.

To change our names and stuff.

This doesn't really help me, cause I like my name, but it's just a thought.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.