robs727
09/21/2010 05:58 AM (UTC)
~ZoO~ Wrote:
doing a x-ray move after a free hit (scorpion's spear,sub zeros freeze) seem overpowered?

No different to Focus attack > Ultra in SFIV. They just need to make sure you can't get the ability to do 3 x-rays per round, otherwise 3 hits and you're dead.
BIG_SYKE19
09/22/2010 07:24 PM (UTC)
WeaponTheory Wrote:
BIG_SYKE19 Wrote:
i wonder how many infinties will be in the game. like for example subzero he could punch and freeze and repeat.... just hope theres no inifinites.

And where you get this idea from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJtb7uvmScI&feature;=related

this is what im talking about. dont want to see any infinities.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

09/23/2010 11:25 AM (UTC)
BIG_SYKE19 Wrote:
WeaponTheory Wrote:
BIG_SYKE19 Wrote:
i wonder how many infinties will be in the game. like for example subzero he could punch and freeze and repeat.... just hope theres no inifinites.

And where you get this idea from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJtb7uvmScI&feature;=related

this is what im talking about. dont want to see any infinities.

This is why the combo breaker exist.
Infinites are performed if you're jumping or standing like a fucktard. Avoid one of those that actives their infinite and you're golden. Not only that it's hard to perform but it's hard to do it in an actually match, and then you got connection issues. Online performance is not the same as offline in terms of speed. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

09/23/2010 02:09 PM (UTC)
~ZoO~ Wrote:
doing a x-ray move after a free hit (scorpion's spear,sub zeros freeze) seem overpowered?

Very good question.

Scorpion yes.

Sub-Zero, ????.

I mean, if he freezes the opponent, then performs a X-Ray, which he freezes the legs of the opponent first. How would it work? Would it back fire or would it ignore the freezing state? or would it actually blend in?

Comboing into a freeze into a X-Ray. I don't see that happening. I might be wrong on this but from what I experience in past MK games. All combos that have Sub-Zero freezing the person will be in the end result of the opponent being frozen in mid air.

The X-Ray has to hit the feet.....oh shit LOL. I just thought of the timing of the unfreeze, body dropping into the X-Ray, now how would THAT work? Would the person immediately stand up into the X-Ray animation, or would the body fall to the ground ignoring the X-Ray animation?

Man I wish I could play this game right now just to know.
$unknown
09/23/2010 02:40 PM (UTC)
you 17 tenn
$unknown
09/23/2010 02:49 PM (UTC)
are we buddy
$unknown
10/03/2010 04:05 PM (UTC)
angry at you dip shit an pluse how you dragon points
$unknown
10/03/2010 04:07 PM (UTC)
yo wusap man im white
SubMan799
10/04/2010 03:12 AM (UTC)
alexxxx Wrote:
yo wusap man im white

stop spamming here
BecomingDeath13
10/05/2010 08:51 AM (UTC)
SubMan799 Wrote:
It should be a large sequence of buttons, like D,F,D,F P or something like that. It needs to be harder to pull off than just pressing one button

If you look Here at the 00:01 mark on Sub-Zero's command list you see his "Deep Freeze" X-ray attack and the input for it is "Right Bumper + Right Trigger"

I'm not sure if it'll change or be different per character but thats the input it seems to be right now at least.
_JRF_
10/07/2010 03:15 PM (UTC)
All the characters X-Rays were the same when I played. Hans Lo explained that this would be changed.

He said you would need to hold down one of the bumpers, and then perform a special move at the same time to perform an X-Ray in the latest internal build.

BecomingDeath13 Wrote:
SubMan799 Wrote:
It should be a large sequence of buttons, like D,F,D,F P or something like that. It needs to be harder to pull off than just pressing one button

If you look Here at the 00:01 mark on Sub-Zero's command list you see his "Deep Freeze" X-ray attack and the input for it is "Right Bumper + Right Trigger"

I'm not sure if it'll change or be different per character but thats the input it seems to be right now at least.
jbthrash
10/08/2010 04:51 PM (UTC)
I really hope Shang Tsung's soul steal doesn't return. It's such a cheap ass attack. It has good range and it is easy to chain into a combo. Getting back that much health while also doing damage is so broken.

In the first round Raiden loses just because of the soul steal. 0:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oukrcbzeG5s
subzerosmokerain
About Me

I am a Rain fanatic, I could beat all of you with him...if I had online.

10/09/2010 08:49 PM (UTC)
I disagree per the soul steal thing. That kinda made Shang still feel like Shang in MKvsDC, I mean without that, he's just a fire guy. And we know him as the soul-stealing shape-shifting sorceror. If he doesn't have that, he kinda loses his identity to Quan Chi.
blackl0tus
10/10/2010 12:08 AM (UTC)
How long has it been since we last seen a couple of gameplay vids. God damn! Hopefully something new is shown when the new website launches.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

10/10/2010 09:31 AM (UTC)
jbthrash Wrote:
I really hope Shang Tsung's soul steal doesn't return. It's such a cheap ass attack. It has good range and it is easy to chain into a combo. Getting back that much health while also doing damage is so broken.

In the first round Raiden loses just because of the soul steal. 0:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oukrcbzeG5s

The soul steal attack was good for Shang Tsung since his projectiles are easily avoidable.
OutFromHeaven
10/12/2010 05:08 PM (UTC)
So I hope that Sindel can fly in this game similar to how she did in MK Trilogy!
xXShaoCageXx
10/13/2010 02:44 PM (UTC)
Seriously the new MK is gonna be badass with deeper fighting for hardcore players and individuality! Cannot wait! Thankyou MK Team!!!
robs727
10/14/2010 02:28 AM (UTC)
You know that saying about counting chickens before they've hatched? Well that fits MK perfectly. The dev team has said the same thing for the past 3 games and they've never lived up to the hype they created.

At this stage there does seem to be some good feedback coming from a few people that have played it (gameplay wise), but until we see the final version i'm hesitant to believe alot the hype.
Jhonny
10/18/2010 11:50 PM (UTC)
I hope the announcer from MK3 makes a return someday :)
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

10/20/2010 06:14 AM (UTC)
robs727 Wrote:
You know that saying about counting chickens before they've hatched? Well that fits MK perfectly. The dev team has said the same thing for the past 3 games and they've never lived up to the hype they created.

At this stage there does seem to be some good feedback coming from a few people that have played it (gameplay wise), but until we see the final version i'm hesitant to believe alot the hype.

I gave up getting hyped for a Mortal Kombat game since Deception (oh no he didn't...).
This game does LOOK good, but MKvDCU still left a bad taste in my mouth.
I only read one person from here that got a chance to play it, he said it felt like MK2 on crack. Which means it's too fast. I'm worried if it's too fast that it's unplayable.
MKSquad
10/25/2010 06:13 PM (UTC)
Hmm I wonder if Test Your Might will make a return in this game???
Locusta
11/02/2010 04:13 AM (UTC)
I hope the fighting system feels clean and solid. I've played a lot of Super Street Fighter 4 and it's OK but the Ultra linking seems like a cheap mechanic tbh, IMO...especially since you gain the meter by getting beat up.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

11/04/2010 11:49 AM (UTC)
Locusta Wrote:
I hope the fighting system feels clean and solid. I've played a lot of Super Street Fighter 4 and it's OK but the Ultra linking seems like a cheap mechanic tbh, IMO...especially since you gain the meter by getting beat up.

Here's the beauty of Mortal Kombat's take of their "Ultras".

Unlike SFIV's Ultras, the X-Ray is not a separate gauge bar to fill to perform a major come back attack. The gauge the X-Ray is in shares with Supers and Breakers. The meter fills through the Super bar first, then Breakers bar, then X-Ray bar.

The only way a person can obtain the X-Ray ability is if they don't use their Super or Breakers at all through that Round. And let's face it, ever since Deception, we all have been a little too Combo Breaker happy.

So unless the person is godly at the game, standing there and get beat down JUST to get an X-Ray is TOO risky. Because by the time they get the X-Ray ability, they will have about 25% of health left.

On a daily bases against experienced players. If the game is aggressive as it looks, you should not see X-Ray's being performed almost at all.
Because players will use Super attacks or Combo Breakers more than anything.

The ONLY way the X-Ray ability will be a major disadvantage for you, is if you are fighting an asshole player that lets you beat them up to get an X-Ray and then they perform a Combo+X-Ray and after that, they godly combo the shit out of you and you lose. Even then, I can't even imagine the odds of that happening and/or working.

Other than that, there's nothing to worry about.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.