YelloMit
06/29/2010 12:59 PM (UTC)
Evil Raiden? Definitely a possibility. I mean, they did "kill" Liu Kang, so they're probably open to almost anything.
o--Tspoon--o
06/29/2010 05:33 PM (UTC)
i think your forgetting about how at the begging of MKDA while fighting along side of Shang Tsung and Quan Chi,, Raiden released all of his god-like essence in a failed attempt to destroy Onaga and when his god-like energy regrouped in earth realm Raiden was pretty much re-born with a new outlook attitude a disgust and hate for mortals who try to hurt the balance of good and evil in earth realm.. mainly Shujinko. wowwowwow
darkness
06/30/2010 06:10 PM (UTC)
Read up on alot of this site. but haven't posted in along time so bare with me.

Since this is a BTTF type story line. This could theoretically wipe out the MK4 to MKA time line. That whole cluster F of a story arc, basically Quan Chi getting his hands on the amulet ( the sports book almanac from BTTF2). And screwing everything up.

So with Raiden going back in time to remind himself( the bullet proof vest from BTTF1). He is able to halt or redirect the timeline .

I like this approach to the story arc cause after MKDA, and going into MKD it got really really out there in terms of story; and MKA was just I don't have words for it.

So I am all for how this story will play out. Their were more memorable characters in the first 3 games anyway(except Stryker).
o--Tspoon--o
06/30/2010 07:35 PM (UTC)
darkness Wrote:
Read up on alot of this site. but haven't posted in along time so bare with me.

Since this is a BTTF type story line. This could theoretically wipe out the MK4 to MKA time line. That whole cluster F of a story arc, basically Quan Chi getting his hands on the amulet ( the sports book almanac from BTTF2). And screwing everything up.

So with Raiden going back in time to remind himself( the bullet proof vest from BTTF1). He is able to halt or redirect the timeline .

I like this approach to the story arc cause after MKDA, and going into MKD it got really really out there in terms of story; and MKA was just I don't have words for it.

So I am all for how this story will play out. Their were more memorable characters in the first 3 games anyway(except Stryker).

I agree with you 100% but i think rather then a halt or re-direct in the story it will be a complete re-vamp of time line to post-pone the events of Armageddon, and if thats the case then I would imagine the Sub-Zero we'll be seeing will be the original Sub Zero that Scorpion killed, and who knows maybe Lui Kang wont be the winner of the tournament again this time around.
alejbr4
07/01/2010 01:33 AM (UTC)
i was thinking, being cyberized, doesnt have to mean they look like a robot, they could simply have enhancements and still look human, or maybe metal muscles, sort of like jax's arms in mk3, where it still has the shape and cut of his arms , but metal. which makes me believe it might actually be sonya with the implants. picking a ninja would be too obvious. and we know special forces has the tech to do it.

speaking of dark raiden, what if he lied to raiden? maybe hes setting the events in motion for him to be this darker side much sooner?
DeathScepter
About Me

Save a life; Kill a necromorph

07/01/2010 02:21 AM (UTC)
i do remember in MK1 Sub Zero's ending in MK1 states When he killed Shang Tsung, he collected the money that his enemies had offered him then retires and disappear into the shadows.

So If Mk1 Sub Zero surives, I do think that ending will hold partially true as in that he retires from the Lin kuei and disappears.
TheScorpion51
07/01/2010 03:35 AM (UTC)
Ok, so I have been reading these forums ever since first seeing the E3 video presentations of the upcoming MK game and the MK Rebirth video. There are tons of good conversations and thoughtful ideas on this site and I applaud the veteran and some new users on very insightful ideas. So now, I finally decided to join and this is my first post.

About possible storyline speculations, I think as some users have mentioned before, the fact that Raiden has become "Dark" and lost his patience for the ways of mortals will play a huge role in how he tries to alter the past. I also believe that not only will his actions change things, but the reactions from the other fighters to his actions will aid in some huge plot twist.

One thing that has been addressed is it is likely Raiden will try to eliminate Shujinko ASAP when sending the information to his earlier self. So say the developers have us do just that, eliminate Shujinko, what now? I feel his actions will have repercussions from other fighters who witness his deeds. If he were to do this, it would be around the time of MK1, when Shujinko has already made allies with many people such as Nightwolf and Kenshi. So along with him being much more of an offensive fighter instead of a defensive protector, the Earthrealm warriors witnessing Raiden slay who they think is another force of good, do you think their perception of Raiden could be changed? What is to make them believe him when he says he has seen the future? All kinds of stuff like that...just speculating...

Along with this, there are many other possible events where Raiden's "enlightened" actions could be misinterpreted as ruthless offensive actions. I guess what I'm trying to say is what if Raiden is portrayed more as a villain or maybe anti-hero in the new MK to the other fighters even though we know he is trying to protect Earthrealm? I think an epic plot twist could be Raiden trying way too hard to protect Earthrealm by destroying everything that could be a threat as he said he would in his MK:D ending and as shown by striking a deal with Shao Kahn in MK:A. and some Earthrealm fighters who would previously have been loyal to him, oppose him and work against him. They interpret his protecting actions as more evil actions, due to his over-offensiveness and in the end it could very well backfire on him in many ways.

I know these ideas are pretty muddied and out there, and most likely aren't the kind of plot twists the MK development team have in store for us, but I just think that would be a really awesome, dark twist on the entire series. Either way, I look forward to whatever changes in story the developers have in store for us, big or small.
o--Tspoon--o
07/01/2010 03:05 PM (UTC)
DeathScepter Wrote:
i do remember in MK1 Sub Zero's ending in MK1 states When he killed Shang Tsung, he collected the money that his enemies had offered him then retires and disappear into the shadows.

So If Mk1 Sub Zero surives, I do think that ending will hold partially true as in that he retires from the Lin kuei and disappears.

That would be true if Sub-Zero was the actual winner of the tournament, you should play any MK game again with another character and you'll see each character has their own ending to that part of the story that makes makes it seem like they won but there is only one true winner per game, I think your forgetting that in MK1 it was Lui Kang not Sub-Zero.
o--Tspoon--o
07/01/2010 03:21 PM (UTC)
alejbr4 Wrote:
i was thinking, being cyberized, doesnt have to mean they look like a robot, they could simply have enhancements and still look human, or maybe metal muscles, sort of like jax's arms in mk3, where it still has the shape and cut of his arms , but metal. which makes me believe it might actually be sonya with the implants. picking a ninja would be too obvious. and we know special forces has the tech to do it.

speaking of dark raiden, what if he lied to raiden? maybe hes setting the events in motion for him to be this darker side much sooner?

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say I don't like the idea of cyberizing some characters like Sonya at all.
As for the idea of dark Raiden going into the past and lieing to his past self that seems like a good idea.
Chrome
About Me

07/01/2010 04:01 PM (UTC)
Raiden is a dick.

I wonder if the MKA Quan Chi ending (him being the amulet in the first place) is being considered. Haha....
DmackRush
07/01/2010 11:11 PM (UTC)
Hey I'm new on the site and this is my very 1st post!

- I think Sonya will become cybernetic, but, don't you guys think there are already enough cybernetic characters though? I mean I love Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke. Jax has cybernetic arms now you meaning to tell me a 5th character will have some sort of cybernetic attributes? I just don't like the idea sorry guys, but whoever it is I hope it's done in a carefully crafted way...

DeathScepter
About Me

Save a life; Kill a necromorph

07/02/2010 03:13 AM (UTC)
o--Tspoon--o Wrote:
DeathScepter Wrote:

That would be true if Sub-Zero was the actual winner of the tournament, you should play any MK game again with another character and you'll see each character has their own ending to that part of the story that makes makes it seem like they won but there is only one true winner per game, I think your forgetting that in MK1 it was Liu Kang not Sub-Zero.

I know that. My thinking is that Mk1 Sub Zero's ending to be partially true as in he surives and disappears into the shadows.

As for The Winner of "mk1" this time around should be someone unexpected.

TheScorpion51
07/03/2010 03:57 AM (UTC)
These are just two random thoughts and I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same or has any input about this. I'm unbelievably hyped for the game and very optimistic about the BTTF type of story, but since this will be reliving the events of MK1-MK3 there are a few interesting characters I feel are being wronged.

First off, if Ermac does make it to the game (most likely), this means he would be a servant to Shao Kahn unless this is included as one of the developers twists they mentioned. I won't necessarily be unhappy with this, but I really love what Deception and Armageddon have done with Ermac in making him a force of good trying to forge his own destiny instead of being a pawn for Kahn. In the end, I won't be upset, as long as we get Ermac, but I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same and would like to see Ermac as good still, or rather how it originally was in MK3 with him serving Kahn. There is still the option that maybe we witness him being evil at first and then as his MK3 ending suggests we watch him break his allegiance to Kahn, thus beginning his path to righteousness, who knows, just throwing these thoughts out there.

Secondly, I would start by saying I liked Onaga. He wasn't given much time to develop since he was just the "big bad" of Deception and then, BOOM, MK family reunion, everyone comes along to play in Armageddon. I liked how he completely used Shujinko in Deception in an attempt to conquer the realms and I feel he should be more developed as it would have been interesting to see a rivalry of some sort with him and Kahn. Now it is pretty obvious we won't be playing as, or fighting Onaga in the new MK, but like before, what are your thoughts on this? Think he may get mentioned, maybe something will happen and we will end up seeing him somehow throughout the game? The more likely thing is we see Shujinko dying and ending Onaga's resurrection. But who's to say somewhere in the future (this game or later games) if Shujinko is killed, Onaga won't get someone else to pick up where Shujinko left off?

Like I said, these are just some random ideas I thought would make for some good conversation. I am interested in what you guys think about these ideas and any input yall may have would be great!
o--Tspoon--o
07/06/2010 05:04 AM (UTC)
DeathScepter Wrote:
o--Tspoon--o Wrote:
DeathScepter Wrote:

That would be true if Sub-Zero was the actual winner of the tournament, you should play any MK game again with another character and you'll see each character has their own ending to that part of the story that makes makes it seem like they won but there is only one true winner per game, I think your forgetting that in MK1 it was Liu Kang not Sub-Zero.

I know that. My thinking is that Mk1 Sub Zero's ending to be partially true as in he surives and disappears into the shadows.

As for The Winner of "mk1" this time around should be someone unexpected.

100% Agreed someone else should win it this time around.
Sub-Zero_7th
07/06/2010 12:48 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
Raiden is a dick.

I wonder if the MKA Quan Chi ending (him being the amulet in the first place) is being considered. Haha....

I wouldn't be surprised at all, especially considering that Quan Chi picked up the Amulet in MK: Shaolin Monks' ending. With the time warp-ish story in this new game, we'll probably see at least bits of this tied in.
Ageless
07/08/2010 05:59 AM (UTC)
Hey guys, I'm new but I have been reading this post, liking what I read, and have come up with a few ideas of my own.

1.) I don't think Liu Kang will win. He was offered to become king of Edenia by Kitana but turned it down because he was MK's champion. If someone else wins though he is free to do that, and I think that would be a good way of writing him out of the series. I don't have anything against him, but I am tired of him and I think there are fans out there who agree with me (Which lead to his DA death). My personal choice is the older sub zero winning, as that would be a good way of completely messing with the time line. Also he is supposedly half outworlder, so maybe Kahn could use that to his advantage.

2.) If the good guys know the invasion is coming they will have time to prepare their forces, and thus no one will get jumped by the extermination squads. This means the whole Johnny Cage (Personal Favorite) mess up will never happen, and perhaps Kabal will never be attacked and left for dead (The first time..). I kinda think his mask his cool, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him without it.

3.)I think we should look for ways for them to incorporate later characters earlier. I don't want this game to just be a MK3 remake, and I don't hate all of the new characters. Kenshi I believe was blinded before MK 1 so he is still a possible character. Of course Shujinko and Fujin are possible, as they are still fullfilling their duties/quests. I would personally like to see the red dragon clan become active earlier (Daegon and Mavado), with Hsu Hao being described as killed off screen. A very vivid and violent description (Not a fan of him).
Awesumbrad
07/14/2010 08:18 AM (UTC)
Id like to see this time around Jax defeat the sub bosses to show us how much of a tough mofo he trully is and can match it with the monsters

Cage should also be shown to be real warrior. he can be funny but i beleive he has sum real skills and should be seen as an accomplished and skilled fighter.

Kung Lao i reckon should defeat Goro but not be the champion as its a tournament, a bracket lay out then it is possible.

Older Sub-Zero i think if kept human should win the first mk by defeating Shang Tsung. Its always been stated he has defeated 4 elemental gods and i never seen scorpion as capable of defeating him.

I also dont like mk2 as Shao Kahn being defeated before the invasion kills his impact.
Hughberty
07/15/2010 05:46 PM (UTC)
Hi lets start here with me saying i am new here and you are now reading my very first post on this sit lol. i read some of this thread but it just seems to be people tossing idea's around, then changing slightly after reading the reply and so on. so i though i would just give my thoughts firstly on how i wanted the 9th game to be done.

following my completion of Armageddon i was very mixed minded on what i wanted the the step for MK would be. (i did not think it would be mixing up with the likes of batman etc. (which for the record i thought was a very bad and pointless idea.) before MKA was released it was end of an era, or so i thought. so alot of my idea's are for post MKA.

My idea for a post MKA game!!!

my favourite idea for the new MK was a post apocalyptic MK, in which the earth was destroyed but a sizeable proportion of the earth's population was transported to another realm maby edenia with the two realms being friendly. this i think would put us right back to a very empty story which would be able to have been rebuilt any way that was wanted. (and being a new era i think this would have been very appropriate) all sorts of things could have been done here. old rivalries could have been brought to an end or even fuled. would have been very easy to wipe out all old boss's and recreat one in the destruction of the events following blaze's defeat. (one of the ideas i though of was for all the power that was destroying all that was known was some how stopped form wiping existence clean. but some how consolidated into a living form and becoming the new threat)

im sure you can see where this is going so i will leave you to think of your own ending for this since we know its not going to happen lol.

now i will talk about my thoughts on the new MK that we now have a very rough idea of its content. which i dont think is enough to create a proper idea of what it will be like. so again this will be purely how i would like it to pan out.

i would quite like to see a completely different story appear. i would like to earth loose the tournament and be invaded by outworld. and the following games be all about how raiden and co go about reclaiming it back. this way cha rectors could be completely changed and even change alignment. such as the shiria ryu becoming not a undead clan but the main group that joins earths worriers . same can be said for lots of groups e.g black/red dragon clans, brother of the shadows and of cause lin kuei. the possibilities are endless. i would like to see a different earth hero emerge and for liu kang to be know more than a forgotten fighter who failed to forfill his destiny (not that i dont like him i just think his story is over !!!)

and as for the new boss i would quite like to see some one likle noob or some one like this take shang tsung's place and i would love to see Onaga come back at the end of this game with his dragon army.

thanks for reading :)
Hughberty
-NIGHTWOLF-
07/19/2010 05:38 AM (UTC)
One of my Bio/story ideas for Nightwolf

"Nightwolf had been plagued by visions of warriors and mystical beings from other worlds invading earth and being defeated. Until in one vision he saw a mystical electrical being, this made his visions change. They were now filled with civilisation completely destroyed and life on earth exterminated. Nightwolf must find the mystical electrical being and stop it from causing these horrors to occur."

I think this would make Nightwolf's story much more interesting. His alignment would still be "good" but he would be trying to find and fight Raiden the leader of the "good" warriors.

In the original canon Raiden appeared to Nightwolf to warn him of the invasion of earthrealm. In my idea he appears to Nightwolf and looks to be the cause of the invasion and destruction. His visions change due to the message Raiden sends to himself.

martian367
07/19/2010 06:15 PM (UTC)
new to this mk community stuff but any ways the whole sub zero thing they been playing lately has been lame, the whole scorpion bad sub zero good. but in the older games it was kind of the other way around, well i looked on mk trillogy and saw that there was three sub zeros (im counting noob) and thought the only way to make good plot twists with every one satisfied would be older discovers the automated ninja project and volunteers so hes a robot, younger subzero discovers this gets pisst ends up dieing by scorpion by mistaken identity so he becomes noob saibot, and the other guy becomes the lin kueis top assassin in which hes a ruthless cut throat get the job done kind of guy so its realy kind of the same story but different in which this alone would create many a ripple afect exp scorpion killing the wrong subzero may cause him to question his motives and become a good guy. personaly i would like this best plus every ones happy cept the people who want a friendly subzero but hey mortal kombat was made to be a rated T game.
JustinisScorpion
07/19/2010 06:37 PM (UTC)
If the game is a retelling of MK1 to MK3 then i guess that could mean Liu Kang never became champ and the original Sub-Zero may have never died creating Noob. It's going to be interesting to see where this maybe headed.
MortalMushroom
07/20/2010 05:25 AM (UTC)
You Know, I have this idea about what they can do with story mode. In MKvsDC they had the chapters and you play as one character for one chapter and then you don't get to ever again. Maybe in this one it cuts from one character's story to another's, like in a movie. Here's an example.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao split up from the others on a mission. And they run into Reptile and Baraka. So then it goes into a fight and you have to beat a Reptile/Baraka tag-team as Liu Kang and Kung Lao.

Then, Meanwhile it cuts to a different character, Maybe Scorpion trying to escape hell. You fight some characters as Scorpion. Then it goes to another character. You'll get the chance to play as those characters again later and you'll also have a chance to play as everyone. I don't know what they're going to do as far as the story, I'm not saying Scorpion has to be escaping hell, but as far as how it should be presented, that's how I think it should be.
Hughberty
07/21/2010 08:42 AM (UTC)
im not liking that whole changing character thing. sounds to dab and dash. would be good to have a completely diff story for each character, but i know that isn't going to happen. well not as a fullstory, they always kind of have there own story but thats more the arcade witch very often has nothing to do with the actual story of MK, more of a '''this is what would happen if this person won'''

i think it would be cool to have a MK set out kind of like fall out 3. you play the same story that can be altered by slightly with the choices you make. this way you could be the same character all the way through the story and shape him/her in your own image choose your strengths and powers even your own attire. i think this would be fucking shit hot.
Poto2222
07/23/2010 04:21 AM (UTC)
Theory about BOTH SUB-ZEROS, NOOB SAIBOT and CYBORG SUB-ZERO

I really believe that there could be the Elder Sub-Zero, the Younger, Noob Saibot AND the Cyborg Sub-Zero:

Story Mode!

Well, the Story Mode begins in MK1... So, in this part of the mode, the Sub-Zero is the Elder one. The tournament goes on, Raiden start f*ck*ng everything up, and IN THE END of this part of the mode, at the end of the first tournament, Scorpion kills Sub-Zero, as it always were.

Then, there comes the second part of the mode, the MKII. In this part, the Sub-Zero is the younger one, BUT JUST AS AN ALTERNATE COSTUME of the elder one, meaning that both of 'em have the same moves (so, technically, you will still be playing the same character you were playing in the first part of the mode). Noob Saibot appears in this tournament normally, with his own special moves and stuff.

The second tourney ends, and it's time for the third part of the Story Mode: (U)MK3. Right at the beggining, Sub-Zero isn't able to escape from the Lin Kuei, meaning that he is automated as an all new Cyborg (yeah, I know, Cyborg SZ sucks...). So, in this part of the tourney, there won't be ANY Sub-Zero. Just the Cyborg anfd Noob Saibot (yeah, I know, this sucks even harder).

SO, in the end of the day, we're gonna have them all in the arcade, versus, tag and online modes. 2 Sub-Zeros in one (Primary Elder, Secondary Younger), Noob Saibot and the Cyborg (I know, he sucks, but this is what mostly likely will happen to Sub-Zero).

PS: Just don't ask me how Elder and Younger Sub-Zero endings will work in the Arcade mode... tongue
pankajtare
About Me

YOU MUST SHOW NO MERCY NOR HAVE ANY BELIEF WHATSOEVER IN HOW OTHERS JUDGE YOU FOR YOUR GREATNESS WILL SILENCE THEM ALL... .........."WARRIOR WISDOM".

07/23/2010 07:19 AM (UTC)
Apocalypse27 Wrote:
kombat_king Wrote:
Dammit, i want a completely different story for each character... I just think it makes more sense that way

See, but that's the problem. If you do that, and have all these separate endings, then this is just dejavu all over again, and you have 100 different endings, nothing concrete, and the storyline is still convoluted. (Hope I spelled that right. lol)

Or maybe I misunderstood you. Maybe you mean have each character with a different story, but different as in you see the story play out from their perspective. Although, to do that for 26 different characters would take quite a lot of work and time.

But if it really might be something along the lines of MK vs DC's storyline and even longer than both of those combined, I don't mind it, because you'll be experiencing the story from all the characters' perspective anyways.

So you guys think that it's more likely that we will get a story mode and not a konquest mode? I really enjoyed Konquest mode in MKD and MKA, but if story mode really is that long, elaborate, and is done well, I don't mind that either.

thanks dude, wanted to say the same. It's time that MK come back on track. A fixed storyline would be better instead of too many unconfirmed stories of different characters.

lets focus on quality rather than quantity my friends. smile
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.