KidKamikaze
04/15/2011 03:01 PM (UTC)
Do we have to wait before we bring up spoilers, or is it fine right now?

Because man, I really want to talk about the story.
Arctic
About Me
Request Sprites | Userbar Tutorial | Kamidogu |
04/16/2011 06:20 AM (UTC)
The storyline, as well as many as you might already know, has been leaked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xTSlxalLbk

Part 1 (Part of a 27? video series.)
TestType01
04/18/2011 05:53 AM (UTC)
The clips are all on youtube, totaling 64 different videos of different time spans
J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
04/20/2011 06:20 AM (UTC)
I can't believe he's dead!
Immortal_Kanji
04/21/2011 10:17 PM (UTC)
J-spit Wrote:
I can't believe he's dead!

Nah I think he's out cold.
Methuselah6463
About Me

Damn its hard being this cool

04/28/2011 11:09 AM (UTC)
I have brought this up several times. NO ONE in the series is actually died. If you follow the time line before it was changed these characters still "died" but were brought back. Keep in mind a key detail that clearly many of you have passed. >
Joker117
05/09/2011 12:10 AM (UTC)
I think they should leave what happened in story mode and fill in with chaos realm , order realm , netherrealm fills for outterrealm whose infighting and switching like crazy looking for a leader..

earth realm is weakened and a group from netherrealm and chaos realm want earthrealm .. come 4 us.. thats a huge group of important characters if you don't know ..like scorpion sinnok quan chi noob many more ( havik) ..

orderrealm sees all the chaos and offers to help , outerrealm gets a leader and they decide quan chi is the bigger threat and if he gains earthrealm with his partner then they will never take over so every1 just is all messed up and the only allies are earth and order realms as chaos is only with 1/2 of 1 realm and doesn't care about the outcome as much as who they work for does.. the outerrealm would attack them .. but be attacked by orderrealm and netherrealm would be busy fighting outerrealm and chaos realm ..

chaos & netherrealm at 1st vs earth but then orderrealm comes to help along with another god b/c raidens losing his gift and that's why he messed up before.. outterrealm sees whats happening gets a leader but attacks netherrealm as they feel disrepected and then attack us as well..

every1 would be spread out and you can introduce a few GOOD new characters some royalty 3 new leaders or 2 at least along with alot of fighting between those realms and a great story of order realm helping us but not really as they only wish to restore order which means chaos realm is their main focus to bring them to justice/back to their realm .. netherrealm betrayed outterrealm so they have problems and we end up fighting weakened opponents

it could work .. new heros , some familiar 1s ..so on .. there's more to it but I probably lost half of you already lol
Joker117
05/09/2011 12:46 PM (UTC)
I just want to add .. this was the events of the 1st 2 ( best! ) mortal kombats correct? except twisted thanks to raiden ..

- why were ermac ,smoke ,jade ,cryrax,sektor and noob saibot available to be used?

don't get me wrong I loved it and love those characters even if cyrax isn't the best for me he's got a good story tied in with sub zero and many many others so I am fine with it..

but was ed boon and company "fixing" the 1st 2 games by how they feel looking back now they should of been ?.. after all games were very different back then .

Again not a complaint , just curious why they had them in as I'll agree all were technically in game 2 besides sektor and cyrax but they were tied to both sub zeros so I can let that go of course plus they were put in this storyline very well .

I am jut confused as to the "agenda" of the people who made the storyline why do that .. lack of characters? afraid to leave them out? wanted them in and felt they fit ?

it's all fine I'm just seeing any1 else catch that ( I'm sure you guys did lol) and if any1 heres what their reasoning behind that was I would love to hear it , I don't know why but I can't help myself but wonder about every topic in this game sometimes lol

Joker117
05/09/2011 12:58 PM (UTC)
1 more thing , some1 mentioned NOONE in the series actually died.. I will defend that and argue it ..

- scorpion didn't really die..he was dead.. and noob is the living soul of the 1st sub zero so he is sorta still alive right?..

- johnny cage died he had a tomb stone and all thanks to motaro?.., sonya disappeared for a game ( they scrapped her brought in jax then brought her back the next game) and many more yet .. oddly enough the 1st 2 ppl I mentioned are the only 1s left with raiden lol..

- so yes people do come back and there is a huge roster to fulfill , you can also keep it canon and still have them come back from the wrong team after all not 1 guy who died had a huge history of being a good guy or died being good and was a fan favorite ( jax , stryker and a few others come to mind as not losing it and being purely good..)

but sub zero2 even is a freakin assassin lol sure he may not be half of what his brother is but he sure isn't liu kang..

kung lao was constantly jealous of liu kang even though he hid it respectfully , liu lost his sh!t after seeing too much death thanks to his moronic god .. dies angry ..

smoke was lin kuei as well ... kitana was just coming over from being "daddies" little girl to our side..

you get the point.. so maybe they have to fight their way out of netherrealm ..hey sub zero1 sort of did it and scorpion was brought back by quan chi who obviously will play a big part next game..

I would like to see some remain dead , but notice how quan chi already had all the dead souls .. I bet raiden will have to rescue them ending up in a sacrifice type move .. fuijin comes in and replaces raiden .. we have a some what normal story and a great game ..

if we lose a few characters I honestly don't know who I'd want gone , I mean ermac and the edenias should have a role to play in the following game , sub zero and scorpion are like ken and ryu ..you don't kill off your money maker perminetaly lol ( or the joker in batman cartoons/comics)

- liu ppl were getting sick of him..maybe make him evil as he feels betrayed by raiden and quan chi being a genious could manipulate that hate and convince him the netherrealm is just a realm that got screwed over not evil like the outerrealm or decietful like raiden and the earth realm ..

- sonya will be nuts with jax gone , kano ? and seeing liu kang go nuts...

- johnny will feel pressured scared and cave at 1st about being the top dog so he will look for some1 to follow ...

eh
Spider804
05/09/2011 05:36 PM (UTC)
@Joker117: That's not what they were saying, they were saying that no one STAYS DEAD in Mortal Kombat. Characters have died, but more often than not they get resurrected, hence the birth of the phrase "Nobody stays dead in Mortal Kombat"
Joker117
05/09/2011 06:48 PM (UTC)
no I know.. the creators even said ..( I think it was just ed boon not tobias whose gone?..) that they don't like the idea of killing off a character or dont believe in character deaths ... its freakin like marvel all over again but I actually like the MK universe..

all Im saying is ppl who died , should stay dead, and who can replace them expecially when you have such a huge roster..

if you don't want them dead..dont freakin kill them ..or have some weird thing happen fine I get it ..but dont kill your entire roster and bring them all back every game.. who wants that? honestly do you?
Joker117
05/09/2011 07:15 PM (UTC)
also some do die like sub zero. I know he is noob but think of his story if it went how every1 elses did .. he never died hmm then he'd have his brother scorpion after him him his bro and smoke running from being robots/cyborgs ..

you'd have a very different game of course as sub zero/noobs had a big impact from before the 1st game lol
Spider804
05/09/2011 07:15 PM (UTC)
Not necessarily. That being said, given their track record when it comes to new characters, I gotta go with bring them all back. because they should finish developing what characters they've already got before throwing in new ones.
Joker117
05/09/2011 07:24 PM (UTC)
fair enough but then don't kill every1 lol .. I mean jeez even the 2nd movie pulled off a better story haa..

I just don't get how they decide oh he's gone but 100 others are gonna survive lol
Spider804
05/09/2011 07:32 PM (UTC)
While I respect your opinion, never ever speak of that abomination again.
...The horror.
Joker117
05/09/2011 07:50 PM (UTC)
haha agreed
JohnnyCage
About Me

Those were $500 sunglasses... Asshole

05/14/2011 07:31 AM (UTC)
speaking as an old vet. i can see where this is going and let me just drop 2 cents on how this could play out.

raiden is gonna bring back liu kang but dont expect them to be boys even tho raiden was right and liu was kind of a dick towards the end. also johnny and sonya will be back, the next mk will be based off the mk 4 storyline (very good and very underrated).

so some things to expect are:

WHOSE LEFT?: the good guys need a little filling out considering almost all of them are dead (for now) so expect kenshi, li mei, cyrax (to turn) ermac (to turn) fujin and maybe even kai being the "good guys" next time around. (dont be surprised if they bother to include sareena and bo rai cho, altho i hope not for the latter.)

AS FOR VILLAINS: movado, tanya, kano, reptile, quan chi, sektor, baraka, mileena, rain and reiko to be it for the rogues gallery. (scorpion will return but as indicated by his ending in ladder, i think scorpion finds out whats up with quan chi and goes all anti-hero, so no he doesnt count as either good or evil, just pissed).

AND THE DEAD GUYS: they'll come back but as hidden, they'll be used as slaves for quan chi to do his bidding but similar to what happened in mk:d, theyll all come back (to life), meaning jax may NOT have those retarded ass robot arms in the next one (hopefully) sub zero the younger WONT be a cyborg (and i say this because resurrection would indicate that the cybernetic limbs wont be neccesary hopefully?) and every one else comes back too, theyll be hidden on the default roster and as you progress and beat story (which there slaver versions will fight against you) theyll become unlocked, this would also include shang tsung and noob saibot.

THE BOSS'S: would be shinnok and very strongly moloch and drahmin.

expect the story to play out as a mix of mk 4 and deadly alliance/deception, do not expect the dragon king to make the rounds, do no expect to see hsu hao, hopefully no bo rai cho, expect to see the elder and even elemental gods like raiden to get slaughtered, plenty of ressurection and a definet affirmation that none of this is happening as it did before, and because the future has definetly been changed there is no telling as to what the right way is.

also expect to see shinnok be alot more diffifcult (cheap) to take down then kahn was in mk 9.

as to what stages could come back, it beats the hell out of me, but it wouldnt surprise me to see weapons make a return, or environmental damage make an appearance as well (or even shared xrays in tag matches) more fatatlities, friendships in place of babalities, and and unlockable arenas (maybe even bring back the sarna ruins and tomb stages).

there are so many possibilities, however since were starting over its highly likely that this will be the path were on (it was fairly transparent that we were going to see shinnok once kahn fell).

thats just my thoughts as to what im going to see next.

collegegeek
05/19/2011 11:33 PM (UTC)
i hope in the new games they have new characters n past characters like
-kai
-reciko
-god of fire
-goddess of water
-god of earth
-fujin
-shijincko(mid age armor form)
-rain
-tanya
-kreyya(mk conquest tv show)
-paron(scorpions wife mkconquest)
-rojack(mkcomics original leader of black dragon trap in outword by jax)
-the leader of the ninja clan taven beats in konquest)
-god with animal face(was in liu kang ending in mk vs dc)
-goddess with ninja mask same as prior(base of orchid killer instinct character)
-killer instinct jago like character(monk with tiger spirit)
-cinder like character killer instinct
-balphmot(elder demon character from mkda krypt)
-tiamat-reptile like character(red dragon-tarkotan mic)
-zebron-mkda krypt character prince from another realm etc.
Thunderstudent
About Me

I need a new sig picture....

05/29/2011 10:44 PM (UTC)
I simply refuse to believe that the story mode is canon until the next game comes out considering at the end of Armageddon's konquest mode Taven was the one who defeated Blaze and he became a God and the guardian of Edenia. I'm still hoping out {foolishly maybe} that this is just another tangent universe like the Shaolin Monks or MK vs DCU games. I want to see what happeded with Taven and the survivors of Armageddon {what really happened not the crappy opening to this game} besides HOW THE FUCK DID SHAO KAHN GET BACK TO THE PYRAMID OF ARGUS AFTER BEING CARRIED OFF TO GET BUTT RAPED BY ONAGA AND DEFEAT BLAZE WHEN AT THE END OF MKA'S KONQUEST MODE TAVEN DEFEATED BLAZE AND THEREFORE WAS THEN CANONLY THE WINNER OF THAT BATTLE!!!! And if someone says it was a clone of Shao Kahn getting carried off I'm crying bullshit since how many God damn clones of himself dose Kahn have?
PenguinIceNinja
06/05/2011 12:38 AM (UTC)
(SPOILERS)

I hope that it's somewhat cannon.

To kill off Liu Kang is very nice, and I hope he isn't Zombie Liu like in Deception.
They set up the next game with Shinnok, and it seems that it will continue the storyline
oh, I just realized that the Deadly Alliance is not Shang/Quan but Shinnok/Quan The next game will be called Deadly Alliance again!
Irine4
About Me

-Everytime a noob enters forum, a centuar loses his legs.

07/05/2011 02:50 AM (UTC)
Well here's an a thought. We all know that mk characters don't stay dead. And the point most people here are making is some characters need to stay dead if they die, but some many of them are important.

Just thought of this. For some of the ones that die, what if instead of having some characters raised from the dead, they fighting in the neatherealm and can only be in that realm. Same with some other characters. Just a thought
ReptileRain
07/18/2011 10:59 AM (UTC)
what if after the destruction of shao kahn, Skarlet needed a disguise from Quan Chi, and changed her name to kira after joining up with kano.

CyberDemon13
07/25/2011 07:12 AM (UTC)
I think there are a few characters who are dead for good this time (which sucks). I think they are: Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, Sindel, and Nightwolf, and maybe Liu Kang. The rest that died are all in the Netherrealm with Quan Chi.

I may be mistaken, so by all means, correct me if I am wrong. :)
Raindrops1198
07/25/2011 08:07 AM (UTC)
I think the reason that they killed alot of characters is beacause the next game is gonna be based off MK4 and some of those characters don't fit into the MK4-era storyline.
AcCooper20
08/02/2011 09:51 PM (UTC)
CyberDemon13 Wrote:
I think there are a few characters who are dead for good this time (which sucks). I think they are: Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, Sindel, and Nightwolf, and maybe Liu Kang. The rest that died are all in the Netherrealm with Quan Chi.

I may be mistaken, so by all means, correct me if I am wrong. :)

Sindel and Nightwolf are both seen along with the other dead fighters in the Netherealm with Quan Chi. So if the others are resurrected then there is no reason the wouldnt be either. However Shang and Noob are not seen there so who knows what will become of them.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.