Icy_X
08/03/2011 12:11 AM (UTC)
The story mode was freaking awesome! Some nice surprises too but a lot of chars got killed. Makes me wonder how they will bring them back for the next game but I don't doubt they will. I suspect ressurrections will happen one way or another. I really enjoyed the story and think it was pretty perfectly nailed. However I don't like how quan Chi has the ammy and tatoos. And the "he must win" refering to shao Kahn I didn't really get and can see that not being what was really meant in the future.
J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
08/13/2011 06:34 AM (UTC)
^ Of course he meant Shao Kahn. Otherwise the crest would've just exploded like, "yea, bro u done fucked up." Also, Shao Kahn wouldn't have been destroyed by the Elder Gods.

Anyone else suspicious that they took Liu Kang's corpse with them? They'll find some means to bring him back, is my guess.

Is it too late to save any other fighters, since Quan Chi took their souls?
Hellkite48
08/15/2011 03:13 PM (UTC)
Things that I think will happen:

1. Scorpion will be the new main hero after he learns the truth about his clan.

2. Liu Kang will be a zombie again and come after Raiden

3. MK4 is going to be repeated again but Deadly Alliance will be skipped (since Liu Kang and Shang Tsung are both dead )

4. Quan Chi will take over, kill Shinnok, and become a major badass (At least until Onaga shows up)

5. Raiden will remain a good guy

6. Either Quan Chi or Onaga will merge all of the realms and "The One Being" will finally be introduced thus causing a whole new armageddon.
iHeartXenomorphs
10/15/2011 11:56 PM (UTC)
No.

They wouldn't make a reboot(that also sold a fuck-ton of copies + DLC) only to end the series again in the next game.

Mortal kombat doesn't end, just like it's characters.

MK only evolves.
babystace2k11
About Me

1960 - 2007 dad rip :'(

i miss you so bad, let the angels guide you to heaven, my father... sweet dreams

11/05/2011 06:37 PM (UTC)
you have a point, mind u Raidude caused the timeline thingy causing things to go out of whack, u no the birth of noob n cyber subzero, kung laos death n so forth... maybe he tries to bring back every1 who died... my suggestion 4 MK10
I was wondering... in MK Deception, if this part in the video could have given clues to Mortal Kombat 2011 outcome?

We ALL know Kenshi never attended the Mortal Kombat on Shang Tsung's Island

But i wonder if this was one of the reasons Ed added him as DLC?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrz4R_lVo-A
Chryo_Spyder
About Me

Real All The Damn Time
04/10/2012 03:21 PM (UTC)
Remeber this...

There is a mission where you have to follow Kenshi to participate on Shang's Island and you get stopped by something I cant remember.

So, no, I dont think Kenshi should be DLC.
InfinityForever
05/28/2012 09:57 PM (UTC)
Here are my theories:

1 - Shinnok was in control the whole time and had a perfect plan because his real self (depending whether or not it was him who died in the Armageddon battle or if it was a clone) saw Raiden send visions to his past self before being defeated by Shao Kahn, so Shinnok did the same, therefore allowing him to be one step ahead of everybody else.

2 - I think that the mysterious woman in Jade's coma or dream or whatever it was, is the One Being. Technically the One Being is the realms themselves, but this woman could be a manifestation of the One Being's consciousness, like how Onaga created Damashi. Plus, a villager in Earthrealm in MKD konquest said that the One Being is sleeping, which is why when the narrator of Jade's ending said "waking world" I was like "holy crap, it's One Being!" However, if it is true, it would raise a few questions: why Jade? Why now? What was the realm she resided in? What are the One Being's plans?

3 - If my first theory proves true, then Shinnok would see that Quan Chi has the real amulet, so he would switch back the fake that Quan Chi switched with him. Once Quan Chi discovers that he's been decieved (ironic), he will see that he is outmatched and his only option would be to ally himself with Raiden's team, and what better way to contribute to his alliance than to resurrect the souls of those who was promised to him by Shao Kahn? In fact, resurrection's no problem since he did it to Sindel.

4 - Nigthwolf doesn't get possessed with Shao Kahn's spirit. Lycantropes? Bite others to become infected? That doesn't sound like Shao Kahn at all! If anything, either Quan Chi will bring him back for some reason or Havik's MKD ending will be realized in the future. I'm sorry, I just don't see Shao Kahn turning Nightwolf into a werewolf. Besides, Nightwolf works with cleansing spirits, so possession isn't much of a deal.

5 - Sektor does take over the Lin Kuei, but he changes them into the Tekunin. Cyber Sub-Zero is restored to his former human self by having his soul sepparated from the technology. When Sub-Zero is revived, he will learn about Sektor's mutiny and that'll create a side-plot.

6 - Liu Kang is revived, but not as Zombie Kang... but as Dark Kang! Okay, this may be more of a wishlist item than a theory but I think it would be cool. Raiden becomes Dark Raiden after blowing himself up and becoming "infected" by Onaga's... whatever it was. So I figured Liu Kang would be darkened by his rage and develop a lust for revenge after Raiden's betrayal (it may have seemed like an accident to us, but to Liu Kang, Raiden's a traitor) and therefore giving him qualities shared by others such as Scorpion, Noob Saibot and Dark Raiden.

7 - Alien invasion. Bear with me... I have a good feeling about it. grin
Zmoke
05/30/2012 04:19 PM (UTC)
InfinityForever Wrote:
1 - Shinnok was in control the whole time and had a perfect plan because his real self (depending whether or not it was him who died in the Armageddon battle or if it was a clone) saw Raiden send visions to his past self before being defeated by Shao Kahn, so Shinnok did the same, therefore allowing him to be one step ahead of everybody else.

That's a theory brought up by other users too. It surely would be cool but I believe that NeRdS* want to keep it simple. *Netherrealm Studios + Ed
InfinityForever Wrote:
2 - I think that the mysterious woman in Jade's coma or dream or whatever it was, is the One Being. Technically the One Being is the realms themselves, but this woman could be a manifestation of the One Being's consciousness, like how Onaga created Damashi. Plus, a villager in Earthrealm in MKD konquest said that the One Being is sleeping, which is why when the narrator of Jade's ending said "waking world" I was like "holy crap, it's One Being!" However, if it is true, it would raise a few questions: why Jade? Why now? What was the realm she resided in? What are the One Being's plans?

The villager's story is an interesting point to consider. You have clearly been reading MKOOKIE for a while. I mean Mortal Kombat Online.
InfinityForever Wrote:
3 - If my first theory proves true, then Shinnok would see that Quan Chi has the real amulet, so he would switch back the fake that Quan Chi switched with him. Once Quan Chi discovers that he's been decieved (ironic), he will see that he is outmatched and his only option would be to ally himself with Raiden's team, and what better way to contribute to his alliance than to resurrect the souls of those who was promised to him by Shao Kahn? In fact, resurrection's no problem since he did it to Sindel.

Again, while I acknowledge the possibility, I don't see it likely that Shinnok would also have the same power. But it's very possible that the time travel will be brought back somewhere down the line. It can be only logical that both Shinnok and Raiden hold similar relics for their shared past though.
InfinityForever Wrote:
4 - Nigthwolf doesn't get possessed with Shao Kahn's spirit. Lycantropes? Bite others to become infected? That doesn't sound like Shao Kahn at all! If anything, either Quan Chi will bring him back for some reason or Havik's MKD ending will be realized in the future. I'm sorry, I just don't see Shao Kahn turning Nightwolf into a werewolf. Besides, Nightwolf works with cleansing spirits, so possession isn't much of a deal.

*pukes*
InfinityForever Wrote:
5 - Sektor does take over the Lin Kuei, but he changes them into the Tekunin. Cyber Sub-Zero is restored to his former human self by having his soul sepparated from the technology. When Sub-Zero is revived, he will learn about Sektor's mutiny and that'll create a side-plot.

But they are practically Tekunin already, aren't they? I'd see something similar happening as well; the human Sub-Zero will just be brought back one way or another. Silly or genius. I was thinking that Bi-Han could discover his Cryomancer origins in Outworld to unleash new cryo abilities, retaining his heritage. It's only a matter of how Human Sub-Zero will get back, not if. There's also this Classic Sub-Zero but he's likely scrapped.
InfinityForever Wrote:
6 - Liu Kang is revived, but not as Zombie Kang... but as Dark Kang! Okay, this may be more of a wishlist item than a theory but I think it would be cool. Raiden becomes Dark Raiden after blowing himself up and becoming "infected" by Onaga's... whatever it was. So I figured Liu Kang would be darkened by his rage and develop a lust for revenge after Raiden's betrayal (it may have seemed like an accident to us, but to Liu Kang, Raiden's a traitor) and therefore giving him qualities shared by others such as Scorpion, Noob Saibot and Dark Raiden.

Infected? Yeah, I've thought about this "Devil Jin" Liu Kang as well. It could be cool... or better yet: infernal. With whom would Liu Kang team up?
InfinityForever Wrote:
7 - Alien invasion. Bear with me... I have a good feeling about it. grin

Alien invasion? wow MK vs. DCU was enough "alien invasion" for me!

Welcome to MK Online!
InfinityForever
05/31/2012 02:36 AM (UTC)
I think Shinnok definately has the power! He's a fallen Elder god and Raiden's a corrupted reborn god. He's definately got a trick or too up his sleeve and I doubt he can't do something a weakened Raiden can't do. Besides what does he have t do all day down there on his spare time? Watch cable? Clean around? Rule the Netherrealm? :D
Zmoke
05/31/2012 11:22 PM (UTC)
InfinityForever Wrote:
I think Shinnok definately has the power! He's a fallen Elder god and Raiden's a corrupted reborn god. He's definately got a trick or too up his sleeve and I doubt he can't do something a weakened Raiden can't do. Besides what does he have t do all day down there on his spare time? Watch cable? Clean around? Rule the Netherrealm? :D

He can't have it definately, Infinity! Well, there's a possibility for that. But taking it for granted? Time travel has always been a thing in fictive stories mainly to solve the scriptwriter's problems, not to create new ones. Otherwise it'll be a mess. Oh, you don't even know how much things Shinky has to do in his mansion! Mostly he's just fishing in the river Styx.
InfinityForever
06/01/2012 12:44 AM (UTC)
Zmoke Wrote:
InfinityForever Wrote:
Oh, you don't even know how much things Shinky has to do in his mansion!

Last I checked, he lives in a spire.
MortalMushroom
06/03/2012 01:16 AM (UTC)
I was thinking about the character deaths; it seemed like a lot of them were actually survivable, especially in the MK universe. the deaths all the characters except Liu Kang, Shang Tsung and Noob Saibot were confirmed when Raiden entered the Netherrealm and saw all his warriors posessed by Quan Chi. So that means that Stryker really did die from a punch in the face, Jax really bled out from his neck wound from Sindel, and Kabal really died from getting stomped on by a high heel. Or does it?

Now in the original Mortal Kombat 3, the characters had their souls protected. But then again, all the non-chosen ones got their souls sucked out right from their bodies without even losing a fight in that game. The realms also merged in that game and they were prevented in MK9.

Obviously NRS retconed a lot of stuff in their reboot/sequel. But maybe the warrior's souls ARE still protected and it just wasn't mentioned in the story. Maybe some of the characters who "died" actually did survive but inexplicably disappeared like Nightwolf did during the events of MK2. It wouldn't be so far out there, except...

There was that NetherRealm scene with Raiden and Quan Chi that confirmed the character deaths and pretty much destroyed anyone's hopes of seeing these characters alive any time soon. But let's use a little creativity here... Raiden went to the NetherRealm to see Quan Chi; a manipulative sorcerer with total control over the realm (second to Shinnok), while Raiden had virtually no dominion since the realm wasn't his (I think that's how it was in the orginal story at least). How do we know that these were the REAL Mortal Kombat characters and not just illusions by Quan Chi with Raiden, almost powerless, being unable to see through his deception.

Now we have never seen Quan Chi creating a full living breathing illusion or replica of a person or human-like creature. However , we did see him project a false vision (albiet in vignette form and not full 3D) to Scorpion (the vision that showed Sub-Zero killing Scorpion's family even though we all know it was none other than that devious bastard Quan Chi himself who was responsible for that). If he could do that, then I don't think it would be totally out of the question to assume he has the ability to create projections (or at least doll up his undead slaves really good so they look like the MK characters).

I could see Quan Chi doing this hoping it would discourage Raiden from fighting anymore or lead him to kill himself as well as Shao Kahn, leaving both Outworld and EarthRealm helpless. After all, that is his goal since that would essentially make his master (at the time) Shinnok all-powerful.

Do I think NRS had any intentions of making this the case? Of couse not, this is just wishful thinking. Of course, I don't believe all the characters who "Died" could have survived. Kung Lao and Smoke's broken necks seemed pretty fatal. The organ that Sindel ripped out of Jade looked pretty important, and Kitana getting the life drained out of her seemed to really kill her. And if you look closely at the beam that Nightwolf casted on Sindel and Himself, you can tell they died. Still, I don't think their souls would have gone to the NetherRealm. The rest of them, if what I said above was true, would have at least a 50/50 chance of being alive.
InfinityForever
06/03/2012 03:48 AM (UTC)
johnny1up Wrote:
I could see Quan Chi doing this hoping it would discourage Raiden from fighting anymore or lead him to kill himself as well as Shao Kahn, leaving both Outworld and EarthRealm helpless. After all, that is his goal since that would essentially make his master (at the time) Shinnok all-powerful.

That's actually pretty plausable. In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Shinnok created a replica for Li Mei, Havik, Sheeva and Kintaro for Taven to defeat.

If he can do it, then it's quite possible Quan Chi can do the same! After all, Shinnok is pretty much like what Raiden is to Liu Kang (his mentor).

But if Quan Chi doesn't have the authentic souls, then where are they?? confused
Zmoke
06/07/2012 11:38 AM (UTC)
johnny1up Wrote:
lotsa text

You have an approach that is something different for a change.
(Motaro died as well.) What bugs me with the church massacre victims is that e.g. Stryker died to a normal punch in the face whereas Cage was completely fine with the bruises that Jax made to him and Raiden was able to survive as long as he did in both the intro and the outro. And now we're talking about Shao Kahn! I don't think that Quan Chi is the greatest force in Netherrealm right after Shinnok but he could be the greatest being of theirs to achieve the goals by appealing to citizens and manipulation (see: politicians) second to Shinnok. Of course he's got powers too.
I see that you desire to support your idea by believing in it but I don't see your potential theory the most probable one out here. Aside from the time travel plot device, I think NeRdS want to keep it a tad simpler this time.
InfinityForever Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:
Oh, you don't even know how much things Shinky has to do in his mansion!

Last I checked, he lives in a spire.

True that, 'cept that it was during MK:A and there's a plenty of buildings in Netherrealm for our Landlord Shinnok the pimp. (He needn't to live in it.)
maverickheron
06/08/2012 01:40 PM (UTC)
Regarding death, resurrection, and our favorite thunder god encountering "souls" that look more like walking corpses in the netherream: In MK Trilogy, the soul of (a very dead) Johnny Cage temporarily reinhabited his body in order to help the other heroes; In MK 4, (basically on a whim) Raiden brings Johnny back to life permanently (until he's killed & resurrected in MK DA); Quan Chi is a fuckin' necromancer. So what if the "chosen warriors" souls are protected? He can control the dead! Maybe he has their souls, maybe he just has their bodies. I believe it is likely the latter of the two. Based on all of that, (at whatever convenient time) Raiden could just bring everyone back to life whenever he either realises Quan Chi is full of shit or just reclaims their corpses (a la "zombie/ghost Liu Kang fusion")
InfinityForever
06/11/2012 10:00 PM (UTC)
Quan Chi learned how to bring Sindel back to life. My gut says that he will definately bring back those he has with him for the invasion. Besides, what other use would he have for them other than just holding possession?
Xman321
About Me

Christmas...the only time of year that the Bonne's would be giving, instead of getting.

05/01/2014 09:39 PM (UTC)
Shinnok Wins, since everyone is dead.

Someone goes back in time again, not raiden.

Plot starts, right after the clifthanger ending of MK9
krajax
05/05/2014 11:40 PM (UTC)
"Shinnok Wins, since everyone is dead.

Someone goes back in time again, not raiden.

Plot starts, right after the clifthanger ending of MK9"

Best potential Mortal Kombat sequel ending ever :B

Myself
06/16/2014 01:29 AM (UTC)
Now that we know some parts of the new plot, where are the theories?

The facts are that the story will take place right after MK 2011, with Raiden, Johnny Cage and Sonya taking care of Earthrealm and 25 years after, with Cassie Cage already an adult.

I don't have one yet, but I'd like to read from you guys. grin
katherine34t
01/17/2021 04:44 AM (UTC)

Mortal Kombat 11 (2019) make it clear that Sindel joined Shao Khan of her own free will. Not like how the other games portrayed it. But what about her "suicide" did someone killed her so, they could stop the invasion? And if you recall the resurrection in Mortal Kombat 9, Quan Chi tells Shao Kahn that he'll find her much more "cooperative". Before resurrecting her, what made them think Sindel wasn't as loyal to him as Mortal Kombat 11 portrayed her past as the way it is?

Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.