khanswarrior15
07/19/2010 03:40 AM (UTC)

Mayuri Kurotsuchi (Bleach)

Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)

Nana (Elfen Lied)

Akira Takizawa (Eden Of The East)
MacyG88
07/19/2010 03:48 AM (UTC)
Normally I don't watch anime, but I do have a favourite character (and show,)

Casshern.
NS922
About Me
07/19/2010 03:50 AM (UTC)
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
07/19/2010 03:52 AM (UTC)
Afro Samurai.
kingjolly
07/19/2010 04:25 AM (UTC)

LadyRaiden
07/19/2010 04:40 AM (UTC)
Sesshoumaru, the Killing Perfection.
Vash_15
About Me
07/19/2010 05:12 AM (UTC)
Well at the top of this list is obviously Vash the Stampede!

others include (but are far from limited to)

Trunks (Dragonball Z)
Eva 04 & MP Evas (Evangelion)
Ed (Cowboy bebop)
Hitsugaya (BLEACH)
Kakashi (Naruto)
Sora (.hack)
Tsukasa (.hack)
L (death note)
Mustang (FMA)
Legato (Trigun)

Meh, I've gone on long enough
travelingwilbury
07/19/2010 05:13 AM (UTC)
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
Reinhard Von Lohengramm (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)
Oskar Von Ruental (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)
Arsene Lupin III (Lupin III)
Daisuke Jigen (Lupin III)
Char Aznable (Mobile Suit Gundam)
Amuro Ray (Mobile Suit Gudam)
Kamille Bidan (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
Bright Noa (Mobile Suit Gundam)
Misaki Nakahara (Welcome to the NHK!)
Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Rei Ayanami (Evangelion)
Motoko Kusanagi (Ghost In The Shell)
Ginko (Mushishi)
Jim Hawking (Outlaw Star)
Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Trigun)

To name just a few....
wink
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
07/19/2010 05:47 AM (UTC)
Three-way tie.

Historical Favorite
07/19/2010 06:04 AM (UTC)
Batman. Seriously, the Batmanime was so awesome.
Kamionero
07/19/2010 06:10 AM (UTC)
Aldebaran Taurus, Dhoko of Libra from Saint Seiya and Ophiucus Shina... they are my faves in Saint Seiya which is THE BEST ANIME OF ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME!

I also like Fat Boo, Roshi and Mr. Satan (known as Hercule in the US... cause god forbid the children hear that nameee! noess!) from Dragon Ball.
Gho$t
07/19/2010 06:55 AM (UTC)
#1.) Lord Gemma

2.) Spawn(Hbo had an impresssive short series)

3.) Kid Buu

4.) Moe

5.) Glenn Quaqmire

6.) Ren!!!

7.) Gerald

8.) Mr. Krabs X^D

9.) Mewtwo

10.) Kenshin
khanswarrior15
07/19/2010 07:03 AM (UTC)
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Three-way tie.

A Treize fan?

travelingwilbury
07/19/2010 07:55 AM (UTC)
khanswarrior15 Wrote:
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Three-way tie.

A Treize fan?

That is no Zaku...I mean Char

That is a great characterwink
Chrome
About Me

07/19/2010 08:35 AM (UTC)
TheUberNinja Wrote:
Mine has to be Simon from Gurren Lagann. How bout you guys

Manly combining is a beautiful thing! Gurren Lagann is like Salvador Dali writing anime on heroin. Speaking of mecha, I might be the only one who liked her and Shinji:

travelingwilbury
07/19/2010 09:33 AM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
TheUberNinja Wrote:

Manly combining is a beautiful thing! Gurren Lagann is like Salvador Dali writing anime on heroin. Speaking of mecha, I might be the only one who liked her and Shinji:

Actually, Asuka Langley You Sank My Old Last Name Battleship Soryuu is rather popular. It's Shinji on the other hand who gets no love or respect from most viewers
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
07/19/2010 09:42 AM (UTC)
khanswarrior15 Wrote:

A Treize fan?

Yep. Difficult to explain why, but I'm a fan.
khanswarrior15
07/19/2010 04:27 PM (UTC)
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
khanswarrior15 Wrote:

A Treize fan?

Yep. Difficult to explain why, but I'm a fan.

I've never seen one. Usually people like Heero...Personally, I like Trowa.
Chrome
About Me

07/19/2010 07:12 PM (UTC)
travelingwilbury Wrote:
Chrome Wrote:
TheUberNinja Wrote:

Actually, Asuka Langley You Sank My Old Last Name Battleship Soryuu is rather popular. It's Shinji on the other hand who gets no love or respect from most viewers

Comedic genius. Though I do not mind Shikinami (a.k.a. in theory Sohryuu on sedatives)

Actually I know why. Shinji the Uberwimp is more or less the mirror reflection of otaku, shielded escapists who are basically told in NGE to get out of their dream-lives and actually do something meaningful. His other half is actually meaningful angst instead of "emo". Both are basically the housing of the prime examples of repressed mental disorders. And that is what makes them so tragically funny.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
07/19/2010 08:38 PM (UTC)
khanswarrior15 Wrote:

I've never seen one. Usually people like Heero...Personally, I like Trowa.

I guess it's because Treize takes a little bit of analysis to see why he's so important. Truthfully, I love all the characters in Wing, surprisingly with the only exception being Heero. It's fun to see him interact with Duo, but by himself, I found him incredibly stale.

I even lik Quatre. It's unfortunate the voice actor assigned him such a lame look-how-fucking-sensitive-I-am voice. If it weren't for that damn voice, there wouldn't have been such disdain from the fan base.

I always took Zechs to be the fan favorite. I hated his cliche anime design, but I still liked him as a character, even if his motivations stopped making sense in the later episodes.
travelingwilbury
07/19/2010 10:19 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
travelingwilbury Wrote:
Chrome Wrote:
TheUberNinja Wrote:

Comedic genius. Though I do not mind Shikinami (a.k.a. in theory Sohryuu on sedatives)

Actually I know why. Shinji the Uberwimp is more or less the mirror reflection of otaku, shielded escapists who are basically told in NGE to get out of their dream-lives and actually do something meaningful. His other half is actually meaningful angst instead of "emo". Both are basically the housing of the prime examples of repressed mental disorders. And that is what makes them so tragically funny.

I'm flattered that you actually found that funny. I don't mind Shinji at all and find him to be a very intriguing character because he is so mentally distraught and unable to act upon anything. The fact that any body would react and try to do something in some of the situations where he helplessly sits there waiting to be saved does come off as annoying but when looking at the context, makes sense and isn't all that contrived. Once you get past that it's more like ok is it smart writing or pompous which I don't think it's the latter.

And Temp, Zechs looks bland and is because he is a Char Clone, Something only 2 Gundams haven't had since his end in Char's Counterattack. With Wing being a basic rehash 90s version of the superior original, it makes sense to have a Char Clone. That's why in the criminally underrated Victory Gundam you have Chronicle Asher, Jamielle Neate in After War X, Harry Ord in Turn A, Rau from SEED and Graham Aker from 00. It's such annoying tropes that Gundam has been following since SEED that constantly rehash and bastardize the older superior versions that annoy me. Go the G Gundam, X or Turn A route and be unique and different on your own terms while still being a good Gundam shows. Those are the best AU series because they do differentiate themselves from past Tomino UC works yet keep the overall heart of Gundam
(Erik)
07/19/2010 10:24 PM (UTC)
There was this show called Outlaw Star, and there was this girl named Hanmyo who was like a space pirate with two cats. I vote her.

Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.