About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

07/30/2010 08:07 AM (UTC)
MK2US Wrote:
WeaponTheory Wrote:
MK2US Wrote:
WeaponTheory Wrote:
Oh God, you're serious...
The character Predator is not owned by Warner Bros.
It's owned by 20th Century Fox.
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Nothing is impossible these days, the Predator is already in the "Aliens vs Predator" game and merging games or part of them is getting common nowadays.

Because the company "20th Century Fox" owns the "Alien" franchise AND the "Predator" franchise. I bet you don't know anything about the series do you?! You just only know of that game.

To be able to have the character Predator in the Mortal Kombat game, Warner Bros. (you know, that company that owns the MK Team?) would need permission from 20th Century Fox. And in case you didn't know, 20th Century Fox tried to sue Warner Bros. over a movie a few years ago, like hell they're gonna let Warner Bros. use their property.

Predator in Mortal Kombat will NEVER happen.

Read my above previously edited comments, I added more details for why there's a possibility that the Predator gets involved with MK.

You can add all the possibilities you want. It doesn't matter.
If you know anything about copyrights and legal matters and how companies work, then you would know that having the Predator in Mortal Kombat IS NOT POSSIBLE.
F**k man, we have more chances of seeing Batman in this game than the Predator.
I don't want to sound mean, but you are doing nothing but wasting your time on this idea that will never happen.
MK2US
07/30/2010 08:18 AM (UTC)
MK2US
07/30/2010 08:19 AM (UTC)
WeaponTheory Wrote:
MK2US Wrote:
WeaponTheory Wrote:
MK2US Wrote:
WeaponTheory Wrote:
Oh God, you're serious...
The character Predator is not owned by Warner Bros.
It's owned by 20th Century Fox.
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Nothing is impossible these days, the Predator is already in the "Aliens vs Predator" game and merging games or part of them is getting common nowadays.

Because the company "20th Century Fox" owns the "Alien" franchise AND the "Predator" franchise. I bet you don't know anything about the series do you?! You just only know of that game.

To be able to have the character Predator in the Mortal Kombat game, Warner Bros. (you know, that company that owns the MK Team?) would need permission from 20th Century Fox. And in case you didn't know, 20th Century Fox tried to sue Warner Bros. over a movie a few years ago, like hell they're gonna let Warner Bros. use their property.

Predator in Mortal Kombat will NEVER happen.

Read my above previously edited comments, I added more details for why there's a possibility that the Predator gets involved with MK.

You can add all the possibilities you want. It doesn't matter.
If you know anything about copyrights and legal matters and how companies work, then you would know that having the Predator in Mortal Kombat IS NOT POSSIBLE.
F**k man, we have more chances of seeing Batman in this game than the Predator.
I don't want to sound mean, but you are doing nothing but wasting your time on this idea that will never happen.

I was not saying it's easy, but possible since when good merge concept and money $ involves in the business most of the people forget their rivalries and try to make the best out of it.

Ok, I might not know that much about copyrights and stuff, provide me with these information here, why it is in ur opinion IMPOSSIBLE for Predator to be in MK?? Convince me!
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

07/30/2010 08:35 AM (UTC)
I already tried and you still don't get it. So yeah, I obviously can't convince you. But whatever, who am I to ruin someone's dreams and hope with reality? I'm done with this thread. Hopefully someone can explain it better than I can instead of arguing with you about how your story doesn't fit with the MK line.
MK2US
07/30/2010 09:04 AM (UTC)
WeaponTheory Wrote:
I already tried and you still don't get it. So yeah, I obviously can't convince you. But whatever, who am I to ruin someone's dreams and hope with reality? I'm done with this thread. Hopefully someone can explain it better than I can instead of arguing with you about how your story doesn't fit with the MK line.

Exactly, I needed more information/proof concerning the joint/merge franchise/license thing between companies, it's a BIG issue that u and I or anyone else will never know.

Who thought that Street Fighter vs Tekken will happen oneday? The impossible became possible. Meaning Capcom and Namco joint. So, if MK:Predator will happen, it will be Warner Bros and Rebellion joint, and Rebellion here most probably has only to take the permission from 20th Century Fox to continue with the plan, I doubt money will be involved since Rebellion already bought the franchise/license for the Predator from 20th Century Fox.

The story is not a big deal, there'll always be creative writers that will make it interesting, even if it does not fit at all. And the Predator has some important story potentials and I'm saying SOME and not completely like MK.

Predator important "common" points with MK

1- He's from outside earth (Outworld for MK).
2- Kills/Hunts humans (Outworld kills mortals on Earthrealm in MK, Fatality).
3- Monstrous and big (like MK sub-bosses).
4- Costume and weapons (fits with Outworld).
5- A mix between technology and magical fighting skills (he can fit with Outworld concerning magic as for his technology it'll be even a better sub-boss reason for his ally with Shao Khan).
Sincubus
07/30/2010 09:37 AM (UTC)
Doesn't Sektor already resemble Predator in a way? No need for a sektor sub-boss.

Also guest character are a big NoNo to me, this isn't batman vs mortal kombat.

I also hope Batman or Superman doesn't have a cameo in this game, if they are playable hidden character they stay hidden forever, atleast in my game they will. - Also tekken vs Ryu, Ken and Chun Li is a big dump game, all those one game vs another game are stupid, how can you merge the stories and make it a serious game? It can't be done. For example tekken vs Ryu & co (who probably won't make it, only Ryu, Ken and Chun Li will be in probably) is dump, a couple of chinese looking clones + a whore + a pandabear and dinosaur baby vs a couple of cool looking streetifghters... how can you make a story out of that?
MK2US
07/30/2010 10:15 AM (UTC)
Sincubus Wrote:
Doesn't Sektor already resemble Predator in a way? No need for a sektor sub-boss.

Also guest character are a big NoNo to me, this isn't batman vs mortal kombat.

I also hope Batman or Superman doesn't have a cameo in this game, if they are playable hidden character they stay hidden forever, atleast in my game they will.
-
Also tekken vs Ryu, Ken and Chun Li is a big dump game, all those one game vs another game are stupid, how can you merge the stories and make it a serious game? It can't be done.

For example tekken vs Ryu & co (who probably won't make it, only Ryu, Ken and Chun Li will be in probably) is dump, a couple of chinese looking clones + a whore + a pandabear and dinosaur baby vs a couple of cool looking streetifghters... how can you make a story out of that?

Predator resembles Sektor/Cyrax in only the costume materials and hair a bit, but he's BIGGER, monstrous and scary with unique fighting skills (except for the net), powers, costume design, and weapons and an ugly hidden face. And this is another proof that he has something in common with MK.

I understand that you don't like guest characters, but I do as long as they fit. It's my opinion.

Now concerning Street Fighter vs Tekken I'm just trying to tell that those two fighting games are extremely famous and has always been tough competitors. Which has always been thought that they'll NEVER join, but now they did! As for their success or not this is a completely different subject. Not every merging games has to do the same, there's something called different PLAN. To begin with, Predator joining MK alone as a SUB-BOSS only is a different concept.
Sincubus
07/30/2010 10:48 AM (UTC)
The one thing I hate most about merging games is that ALWAYS the same famous characters make the cut...

Ryu, Ken and Chun Li in Streetfighter
Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya and Raiden from MK

That just isn't any fun to me, put in some less famous character for the change.

But that still doesn't change the fact that it sucks to merge games like batman and MK and chinese-sucky-fighter vs Streetfighter.
MK2US
07/30/2010 11:10 AM (UTC)
Sincubus Wrote:

But that still doesn't change the fact that it sucks to merge games like batman and MK and chinese-sucky-fighter vs Streetfighter.

Batman doesn't fit in MK at ALL. And I don't like the "x fighting game" vs "y fighting game" either.

Predator fits a LOT in MK. And this is not going to be an MK vs Predator, he's only going to be a sub-boss. In case that will ruin the Fatality which I strongly doubt, this will not matter at all since we are used that we can not do a Fatality on sub-bosses or vice verse in MK afterall.
Sincubus
07/30/2010 11:15 AM (UTC)
I rather see my old favorite Kintaro back, much cooler than some monster from another realm. If you like predator so much, you can play with him in the newest Alien VS PRedator game.
DarzieP
About Me

OptimusGrime Wrote:Li Mei needs to be series mainstay. She betrayed goddamned planets because she wanted to fuck a dragon. Best character in anything ever.

07/30/2010 11:30 AM (UTC)
ITT: Dude who posts opinion and gets butthurt when people hate opinion, then spends three pages defending said opinion
Bryden88
07/30/2010 12:26 PM (UTC)
I will say this one last time.

If you choose to dispute it, I'm done with this thread because there is no hope for you.

Predator is not. IS NOT. [b]IS NOT.[/B] From Outworld.

Predator does not. DOES NOT. [B]DOES NOT.[/B] Use magic.

And finally. Why would a Predator give two damns about a mystical tournament?

Let's pretend for a second they decided to bring Predator into Mortal Kombat. Let's indulge your irrational fantasy for a few minutes.

Join with me as I tell a story:

- So Predator comes to Earth, looking to nab stupid humans that are corrupt, ala' the most recent movie. Hell, he might just go to the Urban Jungle to hunt, 'ala Predator 2. Whatever.

- Say its Mortal Kombat 1. What is he going to do? Get on Shang Tsung's boat?

Okay. The Predator gets on the boat, and hunts all the dangeorus Earthrealm warriors. He takes their skulls/spines as trophies. The end. Earthrealm has no fighters. Mortal Kombat is over before it even happens.

- Say it's Mortal Kombat 3, where Outworld invades Earthrealm instead. Again. The Predator kills everyone. Why?

Let's see. Unlike Reptile, nobody actually sees through his invisibility, and he's more competent while using his cloaking device (sorry Reptile fans :P)

He'll use his shoulder cannon to make slushi out of well... any character. Or hell, he'll use the disc, the only thing that might not die to that are the cyborgs. Even then. Shoulder Cannon, once more. He doesn't even need the Combi Stick, or the Trip Mines, or even his claw.

The point is. A big stealthy killing machine like the Predator would have A. from a story point of view, too big of advantage. And as someone who likes the characters as they're supposed to be? I'd rather not take a watered down concept.

B. Predator would not have a reason to participate in the tournament. He's a hunter, not a fighter.

C. Predator does not fight hand to hand unless he's already screwed the pooch on his hunt. Hell, in the first movie, using Classic Predator, not the new things from the new movies... the only reason the Predator fought Arnold is cause he botched the hunt already and got "outsmarted." He wouldn't get outsmarted to fight in a tournament lol. He'd rather activate the wrist explosive, and blow the place to high holy hell.

So in summary:

Other then the legal BS, the main reason Predator WILL NOT, SHOULD NOT, and if it ever is, I will die inside... the reason he will not be in MK, is because he [b]does not belong[/b] period.
MK2US
07/30/2010 12:46 PM (UTC)
Bryden88 Wrote:

If you choose to dispute it, I'm done with this thread because there is no hope for you.

Let's pretend for a second they decided to bring Predator into Mortal Kombat. Let's indulge your irrational fantasy for a few minutes.

- So Predator comes to Earth, looking to nab stupid humans that are corrupt, ala' the most recent movie. Hell, he might just go to the Urban Jungle to hunt, 'ala Predator 2. Whatever.

Okay. The Predator gets on the boat, and hunts all the dangeorus Earthrealm warriors. He takes their skulls/spines as trophies. The end. Earthrealm has no fighters. Mortal Kombat is over before it even happens.

- Say it's Mortal Kombat 3, where Outworld invades Earthrealm instead. Again. The Predator kills everyone. Why?

Let's see. Unlike Reptile, nobody actually sees through his invisibility, and he's more competent while using his cloaking device (sorry Reptile fans :P)

He'll use his shoulder cannon to make slushi out of well... any character. Or hell, he'll use the disc, the only thing that might not die to that are the cyborgs. Even then. Shoulder Cannon, once more. He doesn't even need the Combi Stick, or the Trip Mines, or even his claw.

The point is. A big stealthy killing machine like the Predator would have
A. from a story point of view, too big of advantage. And as someone who likes the characters as they're supposed to be? I'd rather not take a watered down concept.

B. Predator would not have a reason to participate in the tournament. He's a hunter, not a fighter.

C. Predator does not fight hand to hand unless he's already screwed the pooch on his hunt. Hell, in the first movie, using Classic Predator, not the new things from the new movies... the only reason the Predator fought Arnold is cause he botched the hunt already and got "outsmarted." He wouldn't get outsmarted to fight in a tournament lol. He'd rather activate the wrist explosive, and blow the place to high holy hell.

So in summary:

Other then the legal BS, the main reason Predator WILL NOT, SHOULD NOT, and if it ever is, I will die inside... the reason he will not be in MK, is because he [b]does not belong[/b] period.

Either ways u r not going to post again, so I'll reply to u.

Concerning Outworld, if u go back in my previous posts I already explained that I made him an Outwrold character for MK reasons since he's originally a creature outside earth which is reasonable.

Magic, u might be right on that. But I also mentioned before that with technology it'll be a good reason to ally with Shao Khan as a sub-boss. Since Shao Khan will learn additional powers.

Man, do u know what is the writers job? It is to CREATE new concepts/ideas and stories that are unexpected. U r giving me a normal story based on ur knowledge, and u could make him appear starting from MK3 wink And did we ever had a sub-boss sophisticated and complicated story before? Their stories were simple and not like the MK characters and the bosses, and usually the sub-bosses stories were more related to their bosses.

A. Predator is big and too powerful, that's what we need instead of the latest MK easy to beat sub-bosses.

B. Ok, in short lets suppose he's only a hunter, once he promises Shao Khan to teach him his technology abilities Predator will suspect to learn from Shao Khan the fighting abilities in return, fine now?

C. Now u r somehow contradicting urself, so Predator does fight regardless of what the situation is. And don't compare movies to games, there has always been some differences between them.

In summary

U don't want the Predator to be in. Ok, I got that.
MK2US
07/30/2010 12:50 PM (UTC)
DarzieP Wrote:
ITT: Dude who posts opinion and gets butthurt when people hate opinion, then spends three pages defending said opinion

Because all I want is if they'd like the Predator to be in MK or not with decent replies, that's all.

And not by jumping to inaccurate conclusions, saying that it'll be impossible to see Predator in MK because 20th Century Fox won't allow it, or no profit, or Predator doesn't fit in MK in any way (for more info read previous posts).

And it seems that many lost the interest of the merge concept, but I'm proposing a new successful merge concept that will not affect on MK spirit, it focuses on 1 character "The Predator" that has potentials to be in MK as a sub-boss only.

Hughberty
07/30/2010 12:57 PM (UTC)
NOPE !!!!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
07/30/2010 01:08 PM (UTC)
How did this even become a three page discussion?
Nevermind who owns what! It begins and ends with why?

It's a non-sensical, improbable, unreasonable idea. End.
The two brands are comparable by the barest of tenuous similarities, which you could find in just about anything. It's of no benefit to anyone to suggest they have any reason to be together, especially not when MK is seemingly trying to reassert itself with the already dubious logic of going back to the time of it's heyday -- an uninspiringly incestuous direction, but one that is at least inherently consistent with the world. It's an idea based on an unsustainable nothing. The fact that a game like Soulcalibur has done the arbitrary guest character is arguably more reason not to do it, to avoid running the risk of being seen as another half-arsed copycat.

Assuming this hasn't been a giant joke thread, I might wonder if there's a perspective based on some of the habits of film markets that copy well known international licenses and slap them together in a film. A practise that might be common in parts of the world, but is no better creatively justified.

Full credit to posters who actually immediately thought this was a bad idea, though. After the Rebirth debacle, I would've thought arbitrarily slapping barely related characters under an MK banner would be all the rage. MK2011's doing some good!
Chrome
About Me

07/30/2010 01:28 PM (UTC)
I am going to argue this idea on a clean state so you will see no disrespect from me. There are some major issues that make this pair-up completely a crack idea.

1. The Predator is copyrighted elsehwere.

2. You seem to lack basic and general information about the Predator character, and the whole mythos itself. The predator, a.k.a. the Yaut'ja race are spacefaring nomads that are hunters. Not warriors, hunters. It would be utterly alien to a Predator to go into combat in the open and on a fair-play basis. Also, in the world of the Predator magic is nonexistent, and psychical powers are only available to the Aliens who communicate telepathically in a Hive-mind based around the Alien Queen, sometimes on her surrounding Praetorian-xenomorphs (her bodyguards).

3. If you try to implement those into the MK world, it will become something else.

4. The biggest point is, MK does not NEED a Predator. And why? All the cyberninjas were based on the Predator. Sektor possesses a cloaking device and an array very similar to the Predator as shown in Armageddon. There is no need to implement a Predator in MK as it wuld be redundant - we have the Predator equivalents already in the game.

5. It would serve no purpose. The Predator has 0 similarity to the overall tone and feel of the MK world. It would violate the suspense of disbelief.

6. You seem to mistake that MK vs DC is somehow retrocanonical to the MK universe. It is not. In the world of MK there is no Batman. The game, as all crossovers (unless the franchises share a timeline and universe, like Rival Schools and Street Fighter) are usually What if? based games.

What MK needs is the reduction of gimmicks, and the Predator would surely do bad in contrast.

jmurf22
07/30/2010 01:30 PM (UTC)
It just wouldn't work for me either, I mean MK needs to be it's own product it doesn't characters from other peoples works. The MKVSDC was just a one night stand so to speak. Perhaps it was a way for Warner Bros to reintroduce MK to the market as their product while exposing it to people who may never have picked it up..The game isn't canon (or at least I don't think) it gave them exposure while giving time to bust out a full on MK with the proper time and work behind it. The DC thing was prob something they never had the opportunity to do until they had Warner Bros behind them. But adding an already established character from another text to one of their pillar(DC being more spin off than pillar game) games just isn't right.
MK2US
07/30/2010 01:49 PM (UTC)
Ok, I guess I'm done with my thread for the moment, the replies are becoming repetitive. If you need my answers, u'll find them in my previous posts.

Plz keep it decent and I'll not reply until a different post(s) is displayed.

Thk u all for sharing ur thoughts.
lunchboxx
07/30/2010 09:36 PM (UTC)
MK2US Wrote:
Bryden88 Wrote:

The point is. A big stealthy killing machine like the Predator would have
A. from a story point of view, too big of advantage. And as someone who likes the characters as they're supposed to be? I'd rather not take a watered down concept.

So in summary:

Either ways u r not going to post again, so I'll reply to u.

Concerning Outworld, if u go back in my previous posts I already explained that I made him an Outwrold character for MK reasons since he's originally a creature outside earth which is reasonable.

Magic, u might be right on that. But I also mentioned before that with technology it'll be a good reason to ally with Shao Khan as a sub-boss. Since Shao Khan will learn additional powers.

Man, do u know what is the writers job? It is to CREATE new concepts/ideas and stories that are unexpected. U r giving me a normal story based on ur knowledge, and u could make him appear starting from MK3 wink And did we ever had a sub-boss sophisticated and complicated story before? Their stories were simple and not like the MK characters and the bosses, and usually the sub-bosses stories were more related to their bosses.

A. Predator is big and too powerful, that's what we need instead of the latest MK easy to beat sub-bosses.

B. Ok, in short lets suppose he's only a hunter, once he promises Shao Khan to teach him his technology abilities Predator will suspect to learn from Shao Khan the fighting abilities in return, fine now?

C. Now u r somehow contradicting urself, so Predator does fight regardless of what the situation is. And don't compare movies to games, there has always been some differences between them.

In summary

U don't want the Predator to be in. Ok, I got that.

Predators NEVER share or teach there tech with other species!!! any culture that gets its hands on predtech would be hunted down by other predators!! clearly you do not know your predator mythos AT ALL!

Good Day sir!! AAAARRRGH!!
MKUNIVERSE
07/30/2010 10:53 PM (UTC)
OMG What the F....grin
Please that is not a good idea to take a Predator as Sub-Boss wow
sub-scorpion123
07/31/2010 03:20 AM (UTC)
ya 3amee shoo hal 7aki predator fe mortal kombat? shoo da5il predator fee mortal kombat sho hal 3abta hathee LOL tongue no but seriously the closest your going to get to a predaor like character is reptile/kabal/sektor maybe if they merged together they could make a cheesy story you would end up with a predator like character LOL
scorpionpwns
About Me

no one will ever be immortal

07/31/2010 05:02 AM (UTC)
Predators NEVER share or teach there tech with other species!!! any culture that gets its hands on predtech would be hunted down by other predators!! clearly you do not know your predator mythos AT ALL!

Good Day sir!! AAAARRRGH!!
didnt predators share ther technology in aliens vs predator? or did they just show them how to build?
Rastabortionist
About Me

One more ounce will make me feel so great.... wait... now i cant feel my face.

07/31/2010 06:25 AM (UTC)
i dont like the idea of predator being in mortal kombat. mortal kombat and predator just dont mesh well imo. im also sick of seeing this bumped up to the top.
MK2US
07/31/2010 05:28 PM (UTC)
sub-scorpion123 Wrote:
ya 3amee shoo hal 7aki predator fe mortal kombat? shoo da5il predator fee mortal kombat sho hal 3abta hathee LOL tongue no but seriously the closest your going to get to a predaor like character is reptile/kabal/sektor maybe if they merged together they could make a cheesy story you would end up with a predator like character LOL

lol, man jarrabet chuf ur profile la 2a3rif min 2aya balad 2inta bas hidden, min libnen kamen?

fiya nazra fikirtak, w 2awal ma chifit Cyrax bi MK3 tzakaret Predator bi wa2ta ken howeh derij. 2ana chibih 2akid 2ano min hon 2ijitoun fikrit Cyrax.

That MK mix u r talking about makes the Predator acceptable in MK, u can't include a guest character that doesn't have any similarities with MK smile and even though he stills unique, check his pic:

http://www.afhub.com/images/hottoys/avp/avpr_predator_4.jpg
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.