10/11/2010 06:13 PM (UTC)
scorpion11 Wrote:
NO MORE CROSSOVERS!!!.....EVER!!!!!

This..
Mewzard
About Me

RIDER KIIIIICK!

10/11/2010 07:08 PM (UTC)
I'd definitely love for this to happen. Both companies making one in their own style.

I wonder if Boon knows about this yet. I figured if he did, he'd have tweeted that **** like mad...or maybe he's already on the phone with Capcom, after some freaking out, lol.
J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
10/11/2010 08:51 PM (UTC)
I say when it happens they Co-Develope it somehow and EVERYONE gets Fatalities. Ryu could Shinku Hadoken someone to death, for example.
MEGAFIRE
About Me

Mortal Kombat -------------------------- 7/10
Mortal Kombat II --------------------- 9.5/10
Mortal Kombat 3 --------------------- 7.5/10
Mortal Kombat 4 ----------------------- 6/10
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - 10/10
Mortal Kombat: Deception ---------- 8/10
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ------ 4/10
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe -- 7/10
Mortal Kombat (2011) -------------- 9.5/10

10/11/2010 08:54 PM (UTC)
unrooolie Wrote:
People what makes a good fighting game is not fatalities its gameplay!!!! capcom is a master of fighting gameplay. If they toned it down but gave it some amazing gameplay that would be amazing. We dont really know if capcom would tone it down they are not the WB and DC so they might not mind. But neatherealm and capcom teaming up would be amazing

Thank you

Fatalities are subordinated to gameplay, or should be
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
10/11/2010 09:46 PM (UTC)
sounds promising.
HELLSCORPION2
10/11/2010 10:58 PM (UTC)
they should do it like what they're doing with Street Fighter vs. Tekken, one that's Tekken style [Tekken vs. Street Fighter] and one that's Street Fighter IV styled [Street Fighter vs. Tekken]. So one that's Street Fighterish [Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat] and on that is M-rated and MK styled (Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter)
bose645
About Me
10/12/2010 12:23 AM (UTC)
Now this would be an interesting mix.. I'm sure many have thought about (self included).. at 1st.. i thought it could never work out.. but after watching what capcom and namco are pulling off with street fighter and tekken.. I'd have to agree with what some previous posters have already stated.. that 2 versions should be made.. one from each company (one from netherrealm studios and one from capcom).. only.. if this were to happen.. i think it would be a lot cooler if capcom chose to go in the direction of hd sprites instead of the current mold (sf4 graphics, already using them for the sf x tekken mix).. because, i've always wondered what mk characters would look like as cartoon type sprites (non digitized actors of course).. and always thought it would be cool to see how it would turn out.. and of course on netherrealms part.. i'd expect nothing less than mk 9 (2010) graphics with an ultra realistic looking guile and ryu.. with the ability to be able to rip off e. honda's head and torture Dhalsim to death (with those long arms).. ;o)
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

10/12/2010 01:59 AM (UTC)
StatueofLiberty Wrote:
Japan will not give a piss.

Outside of the fighting genre, Japan is irrelevant to the gaming world which is why companies like Capcom and Konami have been outsourcing their franchises to western developers... If the US wants it, itll happen.
unrooolie
10/12/2010 05:20 AM (UTC)
Capcom made the first well second move cause ed we know made it so you can make ryu or ken. But Kobra one costume is Ken the other is Jin from tekken. Now capcom did this the bionic commando guy has scorpions move and he even says get over here

http://kotaku.com/5659529/marvel-vs-capcom-3s-newest-fight-for-the-first-time
StatueofLiberty
10/12/2010 10:13 PM (UTC)
Joe-Von-Zombie Wrote:
StatueofLiberty Wrote:

Outside of the fighting genre, Japan is irrelevant to the gaming world which is why companies like Capcom and Konami have been outsourcing their franchises to western developers... If the US wants it, itll happen.

I'm not sure what this reply is supposed to mean in relation to what I said.
MK has virtually no presence in Japan at all. The Japanese consumer (for the absolute most part) won't give a piss. It would be guaranteed to do well in the states.

Though, Capcom and Konami outsourcing their franchises because generic American trends have replaced generic Japanese trends is just sad/counter-progressive.
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

10/12/2010 10:32 PM (UTC)
StatueofLiberty Wrote:
Joe-Von-Zombie Wrote:
StatueofLiberty Wrote:

I'm not sure what this reply is supposed to mean in relation to what I said.
MK has virtually no presence in Japan at all. The Japanese consumer (for the absolute most part) won't give a piss. It would be guaranteed to do well in the states.

Though, Capcom and Konami outsourcing their franchises because generic American trends have replaced generic Japanese trends is just sad/counter-progressive.

I thought you were implying the game wouldn't get made due to lack of Japanese interest. At least the American's are trying, look at Bioshock, Borderlands, WOW, Mass Effect...

The Japanese refuse to innovate. I find JRPGS physically PAINFUL to endure because their core design philosophy hasn't changed since 1998. Look at the thousand dynasty warriors games that have no business existing.

StatueofLiberty
10/12/2010 11:23 PM (UTC)
Well, Mass Effect is about the only one I consider truly innovative on that list but I'm not going to get into that. To me the supposed "death" of the Japanese market is just the west catching up to the east. Japan pretty much dominated the market in the '90s but that has seemed to have changed ever since the release of the Xbox.

Point is: For all the garbage JRPGs there are plenty of garbage FPS. Once the market finally evens out between the US and Japan-or if the US really does take over the lions share of the market-we will see just as much stagnation in the US as we see in Japan. We're not special and neither are they.
Joe-Von-Zombie
About Me

Sig by MINION

10/13/2010 12:07 AM (UTC)
Fair enough sir :)
StatueofLiberty
10/13/2010 01:05 AM (UTC)
But for the record, Japan is still rrrrrreally dropping the ball hard.
phxl123
11/04/2010 10:44 AM (UTC)
to put it simple MK vs SF is about as much of a good idea as brain cancer. MK vs DC was bad enough i never bought or played it same rules apply if this stupid idea is realized. i'll spend my hard earned money and spare time on something else.
ThePredator151
About Me
The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play

:Story

:F-Design

:Cutout

:Get Sig

:Raiden

:Fans [1] [2]

:#LegendaryArts

11/08/2010 09:52 PM (UTC)
AJBlue Wrote:
For as long as I live, I will never forget this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUxpxn4a-Yk

*GASP!* Those bastards! lol -- I remember that commercial too. I used to get upset and everything. lol I want this game to happen so bad it hurts.
shrairyuwarrior
About Me

PSN:athlos23

01/27/2015 05:17 AM (UTC)
Two versions would be an interesting idea. Mortal kombat x street fighter could do fatalities if Capcom let them. And Street fighter x mortal kombat could potentially be muted. But really take fatalities out of that version, and it would to me still be bad ass
Blade4693
01/28/2015 04:05 AM (UTC)
I would purchase this in a heartbeat BUT I would really really really really want NRS to be the ones to make the game. I play SF sometimes, and I enjoy it, but I prefer MK in every single aspect. Much more fun to me. SF feels like the characters don't have any power behind their hits idk how to explain it, it feels weird, and it feels like they are underwater when the jump and stuff lol

Ill take any MKVSSF, but I the excitement level I would experience by a MK VS SF game made by NRS would be off the charts lol The fatalities and large amounts of blood aren't even an issue for me, sure I love them, but in this case I could go a game without them, I just prefer how MK plays compared to SF.
Denizen
About Me

03/11/2015 11:29 PM (UTC)
IF we have to have another crossover game I would prefer a game with an artstyle more similar to MK, not so anime ish.
JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

03/11/2015 11:54 PM (UTC)
Denizen Wrote:
IF we have to have another crossover game I would prefer a game with an artstyle more similar to MK, not so anime ish.

Two versions are needed to satisfy MK and SF fans; sure it will be costly but if it is done right then that could be the greatest moment in fighting game history!
OrangatangKang
About Me

WATAHHHHHHHHH!!!

03/16/2015 03:41 PM (UTC)
I don't care how awesome SF vs MK sounds but....it has to be M 17+ for me to spend $ on.Come on...who doesn't want to see Quan Chi beat Chun Li to death with one of her own sexy but errr..manly legs?

JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

03/17/2015 01:25 AM (UTC)
OrangatangKang Wrote:
I don't care how awesome SF vs MK sounds but....it has to be M 17+ for me to spend $ on.Come on...who doesn't want to see Quan Chi beat Chun Li to death with one of her own sexy but errr..manly legs?

That has to be the game cover!
barakall
03/29/2015 01:39 PM (UTC)
No, the games are just way too different, crossovers are pretty bad in general and no reason to ruin two great franchises.
TigrarShokan
04/21/2015 05:13 PM (UTC)
No, if it were MK9 then yes. I always wondered what the storyline would be, but after MKX, I don't want to see them screw up Street Fighter. If they want to crossover, do it with KIller Instinct.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.