Game Informer reveals Goro and Jade
posted01/08/2011 09:38 PM (UTC)by
daryui
About Me
My brother got the GI in the mail today and it reveals Goro and Jade.
Along with them comes Goro's Lair and The Rooftops.

Jade:
-Her costume is kind of a mix of her MKD primary and UMK3 outfit. It has gold and some golden chains. She has a ponytail with a gold band and one of her eyes is covered up.
-In a screenshot, she is seen throwing her boomerang with a green trail following it.

Goro:
-His costume is the same from the render leak.
-Goro can be seen shooting a green projectile out of his fist.
-It is mentioned by Ed in the article that 'Right now, he's a boss'

From the concept art, Goro's Lair had a throne in it and several bodies hanging on the walls and from the ceiling. You can see the oni chained up being the bars that MKA's version had.

There's other stuff in here that I'll tell you if you want to know, but most isn't really new.
Bi-on-iC
01/08/2011 05:41 PM (UTC)
OMFG My 2 bitches!!!!! HECK YEAH!!! gringringrin
annilation
About Me

I feel so alone, gonna end up a Big ole pile of them bones.

01/08/2011 05:43 PM (UTC)
JADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM GOING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG YES!! sorry for the caps
queve
01/08/2011 05:45 PM (UTC)
Yay for Jade!!!

Another female. I'm not sure how I feel about "one of her eyes being covered" since that sounds like Sonya's look, but, overall the description sounds great.

I can't waot to see her!

Goro is cool, but, since we already saw him I'm not as excited for him.

Can't wait for some pics....but considering this horrible messy stupid annoying frustrating bad marketing, I doubt they will get much attention.

Sindel was revealed ages ago and still nothing.
S0nofKrypton
About Me

"The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy." ― Kalu Kalu

01/08/2011 05:47 PM (UTC)
why does it seem like the majority of sources getting exclusively new information lately is magazines? sad i mean, really, what's the last website that had an exclusive new character or stage reveal? *sigh* oh well....off to Google.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

01/08/2011 05:48 PM (UTC)
Definitely glad Goro is confirmed. Want to see some images. Jade is a nice addition as well, even though I would have peferred Baraka or Liu Kang as the second reveal. Goro's Lair sounds pretty cool from what I read in your post but the Rooftop was already confirmed in the first trailer. I would have preferred to see Scorpion's Lair or Soul Chamber.
SaisofherFangs
About Me

Twitter me up @ www.twitter.com/jimmiety, Gamertag: FightressFatale

01/08/2011 05:48 PM (UTC)
Jade, yes! 1 down, 1 to go!
annilation
About Me

I feel so alone, gonna end up a Big ole pile of them bones.

01/08/2011 05:49 PM (UTC)
queve Wrote:
Yay for Jade!!!

Another female. I'm not sure how I feel about "one of her eyes being covered" since that sounds like Sonya's look, but, overall the description sounds great.

I can't waot to see her!

Goro is cool, but, since we already saw him I'm not as excited for him.

Can't wait for some pics....but considering this horrible messy stupid annoying frustrating bad marketing, I doubt they will get much attention.

Sindel was revealed ages ago and still nothing.

Same here queve I've been waiting the longest for jade i may not be a fan of her as muck but in umk3 her and sonya are the only one used but im just happy this is amazing.
01/08/2011 05:50 PM (UTC)
JADE WINS.

'Nuff said.
Espio872
01/08/2011 05:55 PM (UTC)
Jade's in, glorious! I cannot wait to see some gameplay and or screen shots of her and Goro. I'm glad they said Goro's going to be a boss (at least for now). Thanks for the update, very exciting!!!
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

01/08/2011 05:58 PM (UTC)
Oh thank you Jesus. I thought Jade was going to get shuffled to DLC. Woo.
ShaolinChuan
01/08/2011 05:59 PM (UTC)
That's great, I love Jade! honestly expected someone else though, she would've been my last guess.

Goro isn't new, we've known about him for a couple months already.
DestructionCalls
01/08/2011 06:19 PM (UTC)
Yay!!!! I got my jade!!!!!!!!!!! Styker, jade. Mileena, sonya..... now all I need is my boy baraka and then I can die happy. Can't wait to get that gameinformer in the mail.. gotta see how my number 1 bitch looks dis time around.
Manneen
01/08/2011 06:20 PM (UTC)
Pretty cool. Glad to see Jade made it.

Surprised there's been no mention of Liu Kang, to be honest. Then again, Mileena's shadow wallpaper seems to hint towards him, so....
iHotaru
01/08/2011 06:20 PM (UTC)
No rain :(
JADEdSCORPION
01/08/2011 06:24 PM (UTC)
FUCFK YEAHLAH;LSDGJKJSQLGKWQDSJ!!!!!!!! I LITERALLY RAN DOWN THE HALL AND SCREAMED FUCK YEAH JADE! grin GO SUCK ON IT ALL THOSE WHO SAID JADE WOULDN'T MAKE IT IN OR WOULD BE DLC! Ok, I'm done being a fanboy. My GI should be in the mail soon. :)
S0nofKrypton
About Me

"The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy." ― Kalu Kalu

01/08/2011 06:26 PM (UTC)
JADEdSCORPION Wrote:
FUCFK YEAHLAH;LSDGJKJSQLGKWQDSJ!!!!!!!! I LITERALLY RAN DOWN THE HALL AND SCREAMED FUCK YEAH JADE! grin

well of course you would be happy now wouldn't you? wink
Dimitri13
01/08/2011 06:26 PM (UTC)
JA JA JA JA DE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG PERFECT CANT WAIT TO SEE HER! IDC ABOUT GORO!!!!!
JADE OMG I LOVE HER EYE COVER UP WITH HER HAIR OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
JADE THE BEST FEMALE IN MK EVER!!!!! JADE JADE JADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps
Manneen
01/08/2011 06:27 PM (UTC)
JADEdSCORPION Wrote:
FUCFK YEAHLAH;LSDGJKJSQLGKWQDSJ!!!!!!!!

I LITERALLY RAN DOWN THE HALL AND SCREAMED FUCK YEAH JADE! grin

Jeez, I'd think you of all people wold be excited. I mean, isn't Jade your favorite character? Lighten up!

winkgrin
JADEdSCORPION
01/08/2011 06:30 PM (UTC)
Haha sorry for that. I'm usually a lot more reserved. grin But thanks for the understanding of why I'm tripping BALLS right now.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

01/08/2011 06:33 PM (UTC)
@ Hooky-Fooky - I don't think the victim on Mileena's wallpaper is Liu Kang because the victims on Sub's and Scorpion's wallpapers don't represent anyone either. But if it was, I doubt it is meant as a hint towards Liu Kang being in the game. If anything, its more of a hint towards Liu Kang being dead and absent from the game.
Manneen
01/08/2011 06:33 PM (UTC)
JADEdSCORPION Wrote:
Haha sorry for that. I'm usually a lot more reserved. grin But thanks for the understanding of why I'm tripping BALLS right now.

Haha don't worry about it. I'm never this excited about this sort of thing because my favorite character is Sub-Zero, and you know he's obviously guaranteed in every game.

I was worried about Jade making it, but I am actually really glad she did. Goro yeah we heard about him and he was in the voice leaks but we havn't seen him in action yet and hopefully if I can get a copy of GI soon (unlikely) I can finally see that. EDIT:
Demon_0 Wrote:
@ Hooky-Fooky - I don't think the victim on Mileena's wallpaper is Liu Kang because the victims on Sub's and Scorpion's wallpapers don't represent anyone either. But if it was, I doubt it is meant as a hint towards Liu Kang being in the game. If anything, its more of a hint towards Liu Kang being dead and absent from the game.
You think so? Honestly, sure it'd be a bold statement to not bring back the main protagonist of the first three games. I know that it's an "altered" sort of time, and things could change. But really? I don't see how you go back to this time without Liu Kang. Sure, they could promote Kung Lao to that I guess. I dunno, I've never been much of a Kung Lao fan. I'd be disappointed if Kang didn't make it. I know he has fans, and to be fair, he deserves a spot in this game just as much as the rest of the MK1 cast.
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
01/08/2011 06:34 PM (UTC)
God damned awesome! Very very glad to hear that Jade's not DLC; always was my fave of the 3 femme fatales. Hope we'll see her wielding her staff!
ServantToMileena
01/08/2011 06:35 PM (UTC)
Finally, my favorite Edenian (other than Kitana and Mileena) is finally here/ I'd still like some pictures of possible, however.
Dimitri13
01/08/2011 06:36 PM (UTC)
jade FOREVER!!!!!
ur damn rite JADEdSCORPION
JADE MADE IT IN A LONG TIME
Pages: 5
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.