Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 5

Mick-LuciferPosted: 01/14/2011 03:08 PMStatus ::
Kitana and Mileena Renders and Music Released!

Introduced as pallette swaps in Mortal Kombat II, they've gone on to remain two of the most enduring female figures in the MK canon. Hot on the heels of the release of a character vignette and feature artwork, NetherRealm Studios have delivered yet another special treat for fans keen to get a closer look at Shao Kahn's sibling assassins, Mileena and Kitana!

The images, previously exclusive to magazine publications, reveal the new designs for each character in intimate detail. They reference earlier generations of the basic swimsuit, redesigned for this retelling of the story with a greater reflection of individuality in both. Fashionably fitting, given the fierce rivalry the two are famously known to have.

Kitana and Mileena will also have to fight over their dead pool playlist when WaterTower Music and Teenage Riot Records team-up to release, Mortal Kombat: Songs Inspired by the Warriors!

Executive produced by JFK of MSTRKRFT; the album will feature tracks inspired by the characters of Mortal Kombat, including the theme performed by Tokimonsta in Mileena's vignette. The album is officially released in April around the same time as the game, but you can get an early taste of the action by visiting iTunes or Amazon to purchase Mileena's theme.

Mortal Kombat is the first release for NetherRealm Studios since the sale of Midway, and will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in standard and special editions.

Mileenaownz12345Posted: 01/14/2011 03:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::928
Nationality::United Kingdom
RE: Kitana and Mileena Renders and Music Released!

Coolio :]

photo smallest_zpsaju7blaf.gif EMPRESS MILEENA: Outworld's True Ruler!
ReptileFinallyPosted: 01/14/2011 03:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::3496
Nationality::United States

cant wait for the full album!

these renders are AMAZING too!!
cant wait for more!

DmackRushPosted: 01/14/2011 03:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::340

Only if Kitana hair looked like that in the Game....

skyboyPosted: 01/14/2011 03:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::1917

Those renders look awesome! I love the detail in Kitana's textures, and her hair is rendered very nice! Awesome week to be a Mileena and Kitana fan :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
NephritePosted: 01/14/2011 03:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::3778
Nationality::Croatia

OMG!

Finally that AWESOME Kitana render in HQ! Awwww...

Love it, especially her sexy and confident pose and "extra especially" that raised eyebrow. Fantastic!

You will learn respect!

Jaded-RavenPosted: 01/14/2011 03:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

They are teasing me on purpose, I know it....
Kitana and Mileena... but not Jade! *weeps*

But seriously, very nice renders and concept art. I've always loved Mileena's looks, but I must say that Kitana's looks are growing on me as well. The only real complaint I have now is still the hair mechanics she has in-game. Other than that, the girls look awesome.

Androyd6Posted: 01/14/2011 03:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::550

FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP!

-
QueenSindel(TheBitch)Posted: 01/14/2011 03:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::15452

Can't wait for Sindel's render.

I'm sorry but she looks way better than these two... way way way better, it's not even funny.

quevePosted: 01/14/2011 03:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

Absolutely gorgeous!!

I love all those render and concept art pictures.

I think the HQ render of Kitana with both of her fans is her best yet. That's a beautiful picture of hers.

I'm not a big fan of the very masculine concept art of hers. She looks manly there, but, that render with the fans is gorgeous.

Her hair in that picture is exactly the way it should look in the game. Period.

Mileena looks as perfect as ever.

I'm happy to see Mk websites FINALLY getting some HQ "exclusive pictures" even if they are, like, a billion months old.

About damn time that WB and NRS released something nice for a change (to sites). THIS is the kind of update that they were so good to deliver back in the old days (MKDA, MKD, MKA, and MKvsDC)...but, whatever, I'm not going to go over their lame marketing/promotion once again.

I'm just happy to see fan sites getting some wicked HQ pictures/renders and that this update features the twin sisters. MKO got this and so did some other ones (no watermarks). Maybe other sites will get other exclusives? (Sindel? Sonya? Ermac? Jade? BRING THEM ON!)

I can't help but wonder how mega fantastic both of them would look if they would had only gotten more original/creative costumes. Oh well.

Nephrite Wrote:
OMG!

Finally that AWESOME Kitana render in HQ! Awwww...

Love it, especially her sexy and confident pose and "extra especially" that raised eyebrow. Fantastic!

You will learn respect!

I 100%.

I'm in love with the raised eyebrow (perfect), the brown light colored hair, and the beautiful hair itself.

Like someone else said: if it only looked that way in the game.

I wonder if Kitana is better looking with black or brown hair. Maybe that hazel/brown hair fits Jade better. Kitana's always had black hair, so, that render is a bit confusing. Still gorgeous though.

PS: They should either make her hair look slightly similar to that picture or make it a pony tail in MKDA style (or shorter in MK2 style).

ReptileFinallyPosted: 01/14/2011 03:29 PMStatus ::

QueenSindel(TheBitch) Wrote:

I'm sorry but she looks way better than these two... way way way better, it's not even funny.

I guess if your into annoying old creepy bitches.
jkjk

But i do love Kitana Mileena and Jade way more than Sindel

Sparta*Posted: 01/14/2011 03:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::4224
Nationality::Canada

very cool! im stoked for Kitana now after seeing her render with both fans, she looks so great!

quevePosted: 01/14/2011 03:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

ReptileFinally Wrote:

jkjk

Well, I happen to agree with QueenSIndel(TheBitch). Sindel looks a billion light years better than the two sisters. I absolutely love Mileena but her look is really a let down when compared to her glorious MKD primary costume.

No need to beat a dead horse regarding Kitana's new look.

Jade looks gorgeous (and I love her), but, I can't fully judge her till I see a better HQ picture of her. So far, her costume seems to be the better of the 3 girls, but, still not as amazing as it could had been (think about her more original looks in MKD).

Sindel, on the other hand, looks absolutely perfect.

BRING ON SONYA BLADE!!!! (with a shirt under that sexy vest, please)

PS: Long live old creepy bitches!

T-rexPosted: 01/14/2011 03:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT ALL THESE UPDATES!

WarladyPosted: 01/14/2011 03:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::3884
Nationality::Italy

Jaded-Raven Wrote:

But seriously, very nice renders and concept art. I've always loved Mileena's looks, but I must say that Kitana's looks are growing on me as well. The only real complaint I have now is still the hair mechanics she has in-game. Other than that, the girls look awesome.

Oh, relax, everything at the right moment! Somehow these Jade fans make it look like Kitana and Mileena don't deserve their share of attention.

NTO CULU
QueenSindel(TheBitch)Posted: 01/14/2011 03:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::15452

queve Wrote:
ReptileFinally Wrote:

jkjk

Well, I happen to agree with QueenSIndel(TheBitch). Sindel looks a billion light years better than the two sisters. I absolutely love Mileena but her look is really a let down when compared to her glorious MKD primary costume.

Jade looks gorgeous (and I love her), but, I can't fully judge her till I see a better HQ picture of her. So far, her costume seems to be the better of the 3 girls, but, still not as amazing as it could had been (think about her more original looks in MKD).

LOL! Haha.

A precise analysis : )

ReptileFinallyPosted: 01/14/2011 03:41 PMStatus ::

queve Wrote:
ReptileFinally Wrote:

jkjk

LMAO!

unleash_your_toungePosted: 01/14/2011 03:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

I'm not sure if I like Kitana's single fan render. It looks good, theres just something about that seems off. Perhaps the fan is too small? I dunno. Plus I feel like the "flap" (I guess that's what it's called) doesn't fit Kitana. More of a Jade trademark IMO.

Other than that, I'm really diggin the renders. Can't wait for Reptile's and Jade's!

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
TheCliquePosted: 01/14/2011 03:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::131

Where in the hell did a Jade fan or anyone of us for that matter say Kitana or Mileena don't deserve their shine? Let's leave the drama absent.

seanayPosted: 01/14/2011 03:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::9274

Jade just needs to be added then its a perfect week for me ^^

Jaded-RavenPosted: 01/14/2011 03:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

Warlady Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Oh, relax, everything at the right moment! Somehow these Jade fans make it look like Kitana and Mileena don't deserve their share of attention.

It was meant as a joke. Try read between the lines next time and don't take it so seriously. Kitana and Mileena are awesome. I just prefer Jade over them. That is all.

Demon_0Posted: 01/14/2011 03:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::4663
Nationality::Afghanistan

Thanks for sharing these, though I am not a fan of the MKONLINE mark on these images, especially on Mileena's foot. Yeah, I know it is a small detail but it does ruin the render. The marking wasn't really necessary concidering that other sites (e.g. MK Facebook) have them as well (unless it is MKO policy, I guess).

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13
NephritePosted: 01/14/2011 03:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::3778
Nationality::Croatia

queve Wrote:
I wonder if Kitana is better looking with black or brown hair. Maybe that hazel/brown hair fits Jade better. Kitana's always had black hair, so, that render is a bit confusing. Still gorgeous though.

Yeah, I agree that Kitana looks better with black hair and it definitely is black in the game. I think it's the lighting effects in the render that make her hair look a bit more hazel. If you look closely, you will see a small part of her hair appears to be blue-ish near the end (on the right side of the picture, the same blue-ish glow can be seen along her arm above). So, I think the lighting is a bit odd.

I also prefer Jade with black hair, I thought she looked perfect in MKD, especially loved that primary costume and hairstyle.

queve Wrote:
PS: They should either make her hair look slightly similar to that picture or make it a pony tail in MKDA style (or shorter in MK2 style).

I think it's possible we'll see her MKDA hairstyle as part of her alternate costume look (the length of her hair seems to be fitting for that look) and I assume her MK2 hairstyle (or UMK3 bun) will be part of her classic costume look.

Anyway, here's hoping we won't have to wait too long for HQ versions of those leaked (now official) renders of Ermac and Goro. I guess they'll release Sonya and Cyrax pretty soon since we've already seen them before. All the others are highly anticipated as well.

Nightwolf is in desperate need for some promo material (outside gameplay clips) too.

T-rex Wrote:
JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT ALL THESE UPDATES!

I know, this indeed is a great fatality Friday and the whole week has been rather pleasing. I hope they keep throwing stuff at us like this constantly from now on.

These kind of stuff, concept art and renders, would be awesome on days other than Monday and Friday (leave those days for the video clips- bio, combo moves, stage bios etc.) to ease our waiting for every Monday and Friday.

RazorsEdge701Posted: 01/14/2011 04:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::20795

It's about time we got some renders. In all the previous games, releasing clean, full body shots of the characters to websites like MKO and TMK was THE main staple of the marketing. I'm sure there are plenty of people who like the magazine articles revealing new characters and silhouette wallpapers and whatnot...and I do enjoy the bio vignettes...but I definitely miss the old way of doing things. It's a lot easier to admire the designs when you can see them like this than in screenshots and video. (Of course...that statement would mean more if it wasn't two of the less popular costume designs in the game being released in this particular case...but something is better than nothing.)

ShadowEdwardsPosted: 01/14/2011 04:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::3

Pretty sweet renders. Hopefully Mileena's special moves trailer will be out in the next week or so if NRS follow the same way they did with both Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Page of 5

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.