Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 3 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MKO on Twitter

MK Online User Poll

What's Coming Next?
Mortal Kombat (2011) Sequel (82.9%)
Mortal Kombat HD Remake (7.3%)
MKII Director's Cut (2.4%)
Shaolin Monks HD (1.6%)
Mortal Kombat MOBA (1.6%)
A New Adventure Game (4.0%)
Other [Post On Forum] (0%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • April 23rd, 2014
    Kommunity: Back to Block - Mortal Kombat Lego Edition [Read On]
  • April 22nd, 2014
    Updated: Injustice Mobile Game Adding Multiplayer Function [Read On]
  • April 21st, 2014
    Kommunity: Sakura Con 2014 Mortal Kosplay [Read On]
  • April 20th, 2014
    UFC Frankie Edgar - Mortal Kombat Better Than Street Fighter [Read On]
  • April 15th, 2014
    Pop Culture Shock 1:4 Scale Baraka Statue Preview [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

Chat Championship

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing All Things Kontemporary in the World of Mortal Kombat.
Page of 6

RSK10580Posted: 03/09/2011 01:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::633
Nationality::United States
Kitanas Future ***** SPOILERS *****

I posted this in the Kitana thread, but it seems it's gotten lost as that thread is already half way down the board with all the leak discussions.

So just in case you clicked by mistake I'll put it another spoiler box. Also, this post is to discuss her future. So if you don't like her, care about her future, happy with the outcome, etc. Then please leave and allow those who do the ability to have a discussion about what the story means for her going forward. Thanks.

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)

I'm personally disappointed that they killed Kitana again. Not so much because they did it, but what it means for her future in Mortal Kombat. She clearly has many ties in the pre-time traveling story, so it does allow for many new possibilities (which I myself welcome). I think it could have been done without killing her though.

I also don't like how it appears her story goes. It's all been done before. She's a damsel in distress, caught, chained up, killed, etc. Just sooner than it happened before.

I really don't know what to expect. I always feel like Kitana gets the shaft from the creators despite her fanbase. I would welcome her to comeback and be and STAY evil for a while (meaning more than 1 game). I just feel this is another way to leave her out of the next game (or maybe even more). This is what has me pissed. So what do you think we can expect from Kitana in the future game?

1) Dead (never to be brought back again)
2) Dead (at least for the entire next game)
3) Resurrected (in the next game)
4) Resurrected (mentioned in story, but not playable)

If you think she will be resurrected, what ideas would you like to see happen.

XiahouDun84Posted: 03/09/2011 01:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::14273
RE: Kitanas Future ***** SPOILERS *****

At this point, they're better off leaving Kitana dead. She's FUBAR at this juncture.

What will probably happen though, judging from the story mode, is...
She'll be resurrected as an evil minion and used against her friends and allies. I expect Ermac, since he's apparantly sort-of her father, will take it upon himself to rescue her.

Hm. I don't know what it is, but that seems strangely familiar...

~Crow~Posted: 03/09/2011 01:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::39452
Nationality::Antarctica

Quan Chi specifically mentions that Shao Kahn promised fallen warriors souls to him in exchange for his services. So obviously he is now in possession of Kitana (and other dead characters). Kitana being a major character for virtually all of MK's life leads me to believe they'll include her as an enslaved character under Quan Chi's control.

Unfortunately we've seen this before with Onaga in Deception. I don't really think that storyline can go anywhere great, though it might mean Kitana will have a longer role as a villain now.

KeithPosted: 03/09/2011 01:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::13788
Nationality::Ireland

She'll die, she'll be resurrected, she'll be evil for a brief period of time and then she'll be rescued and it'll be like it never happened. That's how things go in Mortal Kombat.

RSK10580Posted: 03/09/2011 01:31 PMStatus ::

~Crow~ Wrote:
Quan Chi specifically mentions that Shao Kahn promised fallen warriors souls to him in exchange for his services. So obviously he is now in possession of Kitana (and other dead characters). Kitana being a major character for virtually all of MK's life leads me to believe they'll include her as an enslaved character under Quan Chi's control.

Unfortunately we've seen this before with Onaga in Deception. I don't really think that storyline can go anywhere great, though it might mean Kitana will have a longer role as a villain now.

Well, that makes me feel a little better that she eventually be back in the future. I didn't read the whole story in order to keep some surprise. So I didn't see about the deal between Quan and Shao. You know I find it funny that in that one MKast that one dude said his favorite was Kitana. Didn't he offer some input just as a fan? lol ... why would they redo her story in a way that was already done.? ugh, the frustration.

I guess in the end I really shouldn't worry now that we have DLC. I'm sure if they leave her out of the roster the next game, she would eventually be a DLC anyway.

Jaded-RavenPosted: 03/09/2011 01:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::11501
Nationality::Denmark

Keith Wrote:
She'll die, she'll be resurrected, she'll be evil for a brief period of time and then she'll be rescued and it'll be like it never happened. That's how things go in Mortal Kombat.

Why does she have to become evil just because she dies? She might as well ressurect as a good guy.

RSK10580Posted: 03/09/2011 01:33 PMStatus ::

XiahouDun84 Wrote:
At this point, they're better off leaving Kitana dead. She's FUBAR at this juncture.

What will probably happen though, judging from the story mode, is...

She'll be resurrected as an evil minion and used against her friends and allies. I expect Ermac, since he's apparantly sort-of her father, will take it upon himself to rescue her.

Hm. I don't know what it is, but that seems strangely familiar...

Didn't you used to be a big fan of Kitana's? Jeez, I know we aren't always happy with the way our favorites come out sometimes, but when you a fan, you don't bail on your team when they are 1-15 for the season. Well, unless you do, lol.

RSK10580Posted: 03/09/2011 01:34 PMStatus ::

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Keith Wrote:

Why does she have to become evil just because she dies? She might as well ressurect as a good guy.

That would be wonderful ... a female Johnny Cage, lol *sarcasm* :)

XiahouDun84Posted: 03/09/2011 01:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::14273

RSK10580 Wrote:
Didn't you used to be a big fan of Kitana's?

Still am.
But the Kitana that is/was my favorite character....I think I'll take a page out of Star Trek and refer to her as "Kitana Prime"...is long gone, now. Apparantly, retconned out of existence. In her place is instead this semi-competant, oafish, winking, spineless, skankwhore.

*shrugs*

GodlyShinnokPosted: 03/09/2011 01:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::4277
Nationality::Panama

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Keith Wrote:

Because Quan Chi is in possession of her soul now.

Jaded-RavenPosted: 03/09/2011 01:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::11501
Nationality::Denmark

XiahouDun84 Wrote:
RSK10580 Wrote:

Still am.

But the Kitana that is/was my favorite character....I think I'll take a page out of Star Trek and refer to her as "Kitana Prime"...is long gone, now. Apparantly, retconned out of existence. In her place is instead this semi-competant, oafish, winking, spineless, skankwhore.

*shrugs*

It's the same Kitana though. The Kitana you love and the Kitana in this game is the same character. You might not like it or accept it, and you obviously don't, but that's the fact wether you want it to be or not.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 03/09/2011 01:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::5053

You know what the worse thing is?

Raiden as a character is permanently fucked. I don't know how he's still going to have a fanbase after this game. He's been shown to be a complete sell out and even a little bit of an idiot. After this game, Raiden fans are going to be reduced to people who "think he plays well" and MK fans who just vaguely like thunder and lightning.

New sig on the way
RSK10580Posted: 03/09/2011 01:55 PMStatus ::

XiahouDun84 Wrote:
RSK10580 Wrote:

Still am.

*shrugs*

Well, I certainly understand your disappointments. I have them too. Although, I like her physical appearance. I think she is beautiful this time around; however, they really have taken the "assassin" attitude out of her. That's why I would welcome her being evil for good. Let her give up her title so we don't have to witness her being pushed around by everyone else. Because it's clear in MK that princesses can't fight or defend themselves. (at least in the story) ... in the end though, I just want her to be in so I can play as her. That's always my personal number 1 MK requirement.

On an odd note ... while ensuring I spelled assassin correctly, I noticed it's spelled ass-ass-in ... as a gaymer, I've heard that before. lol

GodlyShinnokPosted: 03/09/2011 02:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::4277
Nationality::Panama

TemperaryUserName Wrote:
You know what the worse thing is?

Raiden as a character is permanently fucked. I don't know how he's still going to have a fanbase after this game. He's been shown to be a complete sell out and even a little bit of an idiot. After this game, Raiden fans are going to be reduced to people who "think he plays well" and MK fans who just vaguely like thunder and lightning.

He was fucked since MKD, and in MKvsDCU he was also a brainless idiot.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 03/09/2011 02:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::5053

GodlyShinnok Wrote:
He was fucked since MKD, and in MKvsDCU he was also a brainless idiot.

MKvsDC aside,

Raiden had an excuse in Deception since he was reborn as a mechanism of the One Being. The new game just boils down to really poor judgment on his part.

New sig on the way
johnny1upPosted: 03/09/2011 03:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::2728

I'll need to see the story video first.

It really depends on how "Dead" she is. If she's throat-sliced, heart-impaled dead, then I don't know, I'd probably prefer her to be absent for a game and then come back in the future.

If it's just an apparent death, like Johnny Cage running up and saying "Holy shit, Kitana's dead!" then maybe it could be that she didn't die after all. But that's been done so many times, I need it to be really planned out and elaborate for me to accept it.

If all else fails, the "Deception" thing will be okay for me, it'll just be really boring. I gotta admit, I do appreciate that NRS had the guts to kill her and Kung Lao off.
<

hey
wdm6789Posted: 03/09/2011 05:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::19

Im pretty bummed Kitana gets killed off. WTF!? I was pleased we get to see her as evil, even for a short period. I hope shes not gone for good, because that never happens in MK. Next game, she will be unplayable, but in the story, like MKD. That is my assumption. I would like to think Jade will turn Sindel against Khan and they defeat Quan Chi and get Kitana back, but thats pretty much exactly what happened in MKD. Just as long as we get Kitana back somehow, I will be happy. You cant just kill off one of the fan favorites for good. Like what if they just killed Scorpion for good? Okay no. Kung Lao I was pretty surprised got killed, but hes pretty much the same as Lui Kang, Nightwolf, he can afford to be killed off because he was never important anyway, but how are you gonna kill Kung Lao and Kitana? Seriously? Out of all the people, Kitana. Why do that to me?

skyboyPosted: 03/09/2011 07:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::1877

If Kitana's dead, I hope she stays dead. I hate when characters come back to life, it cheapens death and makes it not important. It will be weird to see the roster minus Kung Lao, Kitana, and Liu, hopefully this leaked story is like the april fools joke or something lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kill3rInstinctPosted: 03/09/2011 08:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::555

Oh fuck meeee. Kitana dies???? No!!!! :( fuckkk. I don't care about the MK storylines, ok maybe I do, but I JUST WANT KITANA in future games! :'( This makes me so sad!!

RSK10580Posted: 03/09/2011 08:58 PMStatus ::

skyboy Wrote:
If Kitana's dead, I hope she stays dead.

Oh Skyboy, I sorta understand what you mean; however, after such a comment, I don't know how I can even read a post from you anymore. So disappointed in you, lol ... maybe you're just in denial and you need time to come to your senses after the initial shock of the news. :) I'm going to hold out hope that you'll come around, lol

RSK10580Posted: 03/09/2011 09:02 PMStatus ::

Kill3rInstinct Wrote:
Oh fuck meeee. Kitana dies???? No!!!! :( fuckkk. I don't care about the MK storylines, ok maybe I do, but I JUST WANT KITANA in future games! :'( This makes me so sad!!

Yea, I share your sadness. I highly doubt Kitana will make it to the roster for the next game. I don't think she'll be out for good for all future games, but I have a feeling, she's going to be left out of the original roster as they bring back the people from MK4 (another game she was left out of ... until Gold). The one thing that we didn't have back in those days though is DLC. So even if she doesn't make it, hopefully she will be able to be added later.

Kill3rInstinctPosted: 03/09/2011 09:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::555

So I've read a lot of the spoilers about Kitana, but I can't find anything about her death besides you know, Jade's loyalty to Shao Khan. Can someone post the spoilers for me?

RSK10580Posted: 03/09/2011 09:39 PMStatus ::

Kill3rInstinct Wrote:
So I've read a lot of the spoilers about Kitana, but I can't find anything about her death besides you know, Jade's loyalty to Shao Khan. Can someone post the spoilers for me?

I can give you a breakdown with or without others names because it involves more than her. Do you care about hearing about others or do you want me to just give you her info without revealing anything else?

Rockchalk5477Posted: 03/09/2011 09:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::9990

Kitana - Liu Kang...
Liu - Kitana!
Kitana - Liu Kang...You were right. I wish we had met... under... different circumstances.
Liu Kang - Kitana....
22=5258,5291,They are dead.
23=5311,5346,Liu Kang, I--
Liu - We abandoned them and they're dead.
Raiden - My heart, too, is heavy with their sacrifice.
Liu - Their deaths achieved nothing!

Here you go....

What lies beyond the fringe of the woods?
Rockchalk5477Posted: 03/09/2011 09:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::9990

Also...
Quan Chi - The Elder Gods cannot help them. Their souls are mine.
2=137,230,Kitana. Nightwolf. Kung Lao.
3=269,363,You sealed our fate in this place, Thunder God.
1=0,150,You have condemned us all.

What lies beyond the fringe of the woods?
Page of 6

© 1998-2014 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.