Aqua in Trilogy
posted11/20/2011 11:13 AM (UTC)by
swampcrash_unknown
About Me

Well, most of us know the myth of the Cyber Oni Ninja, Aqua, right? Well, if he isn't real, why is there a voice file saying 'Aqua Wins'? Anyone got some sort of explanation?
KeenanBoots
04/03/2011 09:00 PM (UTC)
I would also like to know this.
tabmok99
About Me

For the most in-depth, in-detail, Mortal Kombat lore analysis vids, there's only one source:

https://www.youtube.com/tabmok99

04/06/2011 02:43 PM (UTC)
Hard to know for sure - supposedly this sound file along with his ending was ripped straight from the disc (MK Trilogy for Playstation, PAL version only).

The MK team has been known to bury text in the game such as ED BOON WINS, JOHN TOBIAS WINS, etc. to throw off hackers, so why not sound files?

On the other hand, it could actually be a beta character that was scrapped and the sound files left in the game. Kinda like how Kitana was programmed in MK4 for N64 but then removed, but still accessible via a GameShark.

It'd be nice to get some kind of official word from an employee who worked on this port who could provide an explanation.
swampcrash_unknown
04/09/2011 05:47 AM (UTC)
]{0MBAT Wrote:
Hard to know for sure - supposedly this sound file along with his ending was ripped straight from the disc (MK Trilogy for Playstation, PAL version only).

The MK team has been known to bury text in the game such as ED BOON WINS, JOHN TOBIAS WINS, etc. to throw off hackers, so why not sound files?

On the other hand, it could actually be a beta character that was scrapped and the sound files left in the game. Kinda like how Kitana was programmed in MK4 for N64 but then removed, but still accessible via a GameShark.

It'd be nice to get some kind of official word from an employee who worked on this port who could provide an explanation.

But why would they go through all that trouble to put a full ending into a game, and even make an image that corresponds to the ending, and then even putting the character in late copies of the Platinum edition? That sounds like too much effort to me. But you have many points. But I have no idea how to hack anything. Can anyone try and find something in a Platinum Trilogy disc?
Asesino
About Me
04/09/2011 01:43 PM (UTC)
Is there any gameplay ?
IamTheS
05/02/2011 09:39 AM (UTC)
I'm pretty sure this is fake as heck. Aqua and his clan are just really bad sprite edits of MK1 Scorpion, and the sound clip sounds like someone just tweaked the "aka" in "Baraka" (maybe inserted part of someone else's name into it?). Unless I can see that the data is actually on the disc itself, I'm going to go with "BS".
swampcrash_unknown
05/02/2011 01:30 PM (UTC)
IamTheS Wrote:
I'm pretty sure this is fake as heck. Aqua and his clan are just really bad sprite edits of MK1 Scorpion, and the sound clip sounds like someone just tweaked the "aka" in "Baraka" (maybe inserted part of someone else's name into it?). Unless I can see that the data is actually on the disc itself, I'm going to go with "BS".

Badly edited, yes. But at the same time, it was consistent through all the screens. It wasn't just one screen. Plus, the ending seemed to be typical of the Midway (at the time) team. It is reminiscent of Rayden's MKT ending, including the single image used in all the slides for the ending. Lastly, who has a 'wa' sound in their name? And I'm pretty sure SOMEONE can hack the disc and confirm this for us.
IamTheS
05/03/2011 01:01 AM (UTC)
Well, I'm going to remain "skeptical until further evidence arises." I'll keep digging though... I actually think this would be more awesome if it were true.

Although it's weird that I've never heard about it until now... even the videos on Youtube are both less than a year old.
swampcrash_unknown
05/05/2011 02:51 AM (UTC)
MKT Really wasn't a cared about game anyway. I'm not sure as to how legitimate the MKT Ending for Aqua on youtube was, but it has the same slides as the Kombat Pavilion. Part of me thinks it's real, part of me doesn't. All of me hopes to see him again.
wrdlfe21version21
05/22/2011 06:04 PM (UTC)
No fighters I can think of has “wa” in their names. But throwing someone in the Dead Pool and holding down provides a AWAA like sound. So adding that sound to whatever else could provide an Aqua sound. I’ve never heard of this till now. But just trying to lend a helping hand.
swampcrash_unknown
05/23/2011 11:33 AM (UTC)
Well, that specific noise does not have that echo-esque sound that Kahn's voice does. Hence, I truly believe that Aqua is a possible legit character (but a duck cyber oni water ninja?).
swampcrash_unknown
06/24/2011 06:24 AM (UTC)
Just wanted to update everyone. I can't edit my post for some reason so I have to double post (yeah, I know it may look like I want to bump this all the way to the top, but it's purely because of the given reason. Sorry). Anyway, I was looking at this one forum, and one member posted this image, which gives more detail to the character, but also seems less legit than the evidence we already have:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/tnmktaqua.jpg/
Asesino
About Me
06/25/2011 03:18 PM (UTC)
That is one fucking small picture.
swampcrash_unknown
06/26/2011 02:05 AM (UTC)
Apparently some dude found it on his old CDs of MK images or something. I found it on TRMK, on a topic about Aqua. Anyone recognize the V logo from anywhere? EDIT: I found this post on 1UP by the author of an article on Aqua. He said this: "As I understand it, Aqua's special moves are a claw swipe (he has ninja claw thingys on his wrist), a stun move called the Echoing Quack, and in his fatality he dials up a satellite with his cybernetic enhancements and it shoots a laser. A bit like the Cyrax fatality that cuts to an image of Earth, but with a satellite. I'm not sure about his other specials, though." That picture I just posted about a post or two up is consistent with the Echoing Quack. More clues...
MEGAFIRE
About Me

Mortal Kombat -------------------------- 7/10
Mortal Kombat II --------------------- 9.5/10
Mortal Kombat 3 --------------------- 7.5/10
Mortal Kombat 4 ----------------------- 6/10
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - 10/10
Mortal Kombat: Deception ---------- 8/10
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ------ 4/10
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe -- 7/10
Mortal Kombat (2011) -------------- 9.5/10

07/05/2011 05:55 AM (UTC)
This just seems like one of The MK Team's Practical jokes. I highly doubt Aqua was or ever will be playable. Although, Meat was a joke character who became playable. And so was Mokap.

So who knows, anything's possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
swampcrash_unknown
07/06/2011 05:12 AM (UTC)
We can never know. I suppose it's the uncertainty that makes the rumor so interesting and so persistent. There's a lot of evidence, but we don't really know for sure. I don't have a twitter. So if someone could present this stuff to Ol' Boon, then that'd be swell. Otherwise, we'll never really know, will we?
JiminyCroquet
10/08/2011 06:24 AM (UTC)
The V logo is from the old videogames.com site. It's now Gamespot, but all the old content is pretty much gone.
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
10/09/2011 10:21 PM (UTC)
Wasn't he shot in as a joke by the folks at Avalanche? Could swear I recall hearing something to this effect. Of course, the mention of 'Oni' in his ending suggests to me a recent faking conspiracy. >_>
swampcrash_unknown
10/18/2011 11:27 AM (UTC)
Doubt it, dude. I don't think magazine scans can be disproved...
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
10/28/2011 02:30 PM (UTC)
But they can be faked.

I'm not normally a skeptic, but I think I'd need to actually hold the issue in my hand.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
11/06/2011 08:24 AM (UTC)
Shadaloo Wrote:
Wasn't he shot in as a joke by the folks at Avalanche? Could swear I recall hearing something to this effect.

Of course, the mention of 'Oni' in his ending suggests to me a recent faking conspiracy. >_>

This would make the most sense, since it's supposed to only be from certain port versions of MKT. We all know about Fergalities and Belokk by now. I would imagine this would take longer to circulate because it's so specific and regional and downright wacky.

I don't know what Oni have to do with anything, though.
They aren't exactly a new thing, y'know...
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
11/19/2011 04:56 AM (UTC)
http://twitter.com/MK_Aqua ... lol. I'm not getting my hopes up. grin
swampcrash_unknown
11/20/2011 11:13 AM (UTC)
Haha, I've seen that. I wouldn't count on it either. I'm not expecting him to be a new character, although that WOULD be weirdly cool. I just want to play as him in MKT, or see if he is playable, or was playable, or even see a video of him being played as.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.