Alternate Outfits from the Movies?
posted06/28/2018 03:11 AM (UTC)by
Jaded-Raven
Well, we've been talking alot about alternate outfits lately, how people want the classic outfits such as those from MK2-MKT. Personally, I'd love to get the outfits from MKDA-MKA as well, maybe as a DLC at some point.

But what about the outfits from the movies? Would anyone be interested in getting those outfits? Maybe an updated version of them to fit the game's style and design.

I think it could be rather cool, actually. I know, the outfits from the movies weren't really the greatest designs, but I still think it would be cool to have a more realistic outfit for the characters. I liked how Jade's outfit looked in the movie - though I would not want her to turn Asian along with it. Just the outfit.

What do you guys think?
iHeartXenomorphs
04/06/2011 03:32 AM (UTC)
No.
Kitana_MK9
04/06/2011 03:32 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Well, we've been talking alot about alternate outfits lately, how people want the classic outfits such as those from MK2-MKT. Personally, I'd love to get the outfits from MKDA-MKA as well, maybe as a DLC at some point.

But what about the outfits from the movies? Would anyone be interested in getting those outfits? Maybe an updated version of them to fit the game's style and design.

I think it could be rather cool, actually. I know, the outfits from the movies weren't really the greatest designs, but I still think it would be cool to have a more realistic outfit for the characters. I liked how Jade's outfit looked in the movie - though I would not want her to turn Asian along with it. Just the outfit.

What do you guys think?

could work, movie reptile =epic
ZeeDoctor
04/06/2011 03:33 AM (UTC)
In my opinion, I would not really want Movie alts.

I find that most designs are either too similar to the real outfits or too plain.

I mean, I like Reptile's movie mask. And I like Kanos look in it, but MK9 Kano is basically Movie Kano (with a shirt).

Rockchalk5477
04/06/2011 03:34 AM (UTC)
As long as I don't have to look at Sonya in those ugly-ass green shorts, wife-beater and mountain boots, I guess they'd be...alright. I'd actually like to see Kitana in something like her shiny Madonna-esque corset, black pants, and boots, but I'm sure that's way too conservative for her. sleep

I doubt this will happen, though. I definitely want to see anything like the James Remar Raiden.
KingBellsprout
04/06/2011 03:35 AM (UTC)
"Billy Idol" Raiden = Fuck no
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

04/06/2011 03:38 AM (UTC)
Nah, most the outfits in the movies were either too plain or too similar to their game counterparts...
BawlsMahoney
04/06/2011 03:39 AM (UTC)
The movie outfits look worse then the game ones ....Big no to this
Jaded-Raven
04/06/2011 03:44 AM (UTC)
fijikungfu Wrote:
Nah, most the outfits in the movies were either too plain or too similar to their game counterparts...

And the classic outfits aren't?
ZeeDoctor
04/06/2011 03:46 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
fijikungfu Wrote:

Theres a pretty big difference between Retro Scorp and MK9 Scorp.

And Reptiles Human!
Wanderer
04/06/2011 03:46 AM (UTC)
A virtually zero chance possibility.

Might be under consideration for the new web series costumes, though.
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

04/06/2011 03:48 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
fijikungfu Wrote:

I think the classics are plain, why I won't use them that much or at all... I just wanted the retro fatality...
BiohazardEXTREME
04/06/2011 03:50 AM (UTC)
I think it might be cool. I'd love to see Shao Kahn's outfit from Conquest. Or Shang Tsung's MK1 outfit, with that kick ass leather coat. Oh god, now I want it!
Sindel18
About Me

<a href="<a href="<a href="

04/06/2011 04:01 AM (UTC)
I would like to see some like Sindel's i really loved that outfit from the movie and MK3 along with kitana mileena and jade but the rest were pretty spot on of the MK3 outfits in the movie so i guess i would like to see everyone get there MK3
Rippwraith
About Me

Noob Saibot toilet paper= FAIL. It refuses to take sh!t from anyone.

04/06/2011 04:12 AM (UTC)
I'd buy that for a dollar. Hehe
Battro
04/06/2011 06:28 AM (UTC)
Well, Johnny's suit is pretty similar to his movie look.

Takegawa Shang Tsung might be cool in-game.

The rest of them are not particularly appealing or too close to what we have already, I'm afraid.
DjangoDrag
04/06/2011 06:30 AM (UTC)
what a waste that would be.
Kyzon
About Me

Skype: Kyzonxin 3DS: 3866-8042-6393 ha ha ha haaaaaa jack my swaggggggggggg

04/06/2011 06:34 AM (UTC)
I'm still hoping for costumes from the Commercials!
Nutlink
04/06/2011 06:46 AM (UTC)
I'd love to see Shao Kahn get his Conquest outfit. THAT was epic.
BiohazardEXTREME
04/06/2011 06:53 AM (UTC)
Battro Wrote:
Well, Johnny's suit is pretty similar to his movie look.

Takegawa Shang Tsung might be cool in-game.

The rest of them are not particularly appealing or too close to what we have already, I'm afraid.
Except in the movie, it wasn't baby blue. His suit was actually cool in the movie. And it wasn't a Tux.
I mean, I know he's kind of a clown of a character, but they don't have to play it up THAT much. But I'd like to see his green shirt black pants combo from the movie.
Sindel18
About Me

<a href="<a href="<a href="

04/06/2011 06:54 AM (UTC)
Are the classisc outfits in the Krypt?
Demonshire
04/06/2011 07:09 AM (UTC)
The only outfit from the movies that I want to see in MK9 is Scorpions outfit from MK: Annihilation
Sso02V
About Me

04/06/2011 07:17 AM (UTC)
Anything to get Shang Tsung's badass coat.
Tricky
About Me

Expression through style.

04/06/2011 08:18 AM (UTC)
Would be a nice idea to get Jade's and Kitana's outfits, primarily from Annihilation. Aside from the movie(s) being this and that - the outfits were pretty decent. Especially of these two - loved them for being tight and silky.

IMO, Jade's costume had the best shade of green on it :)
Vomit
About Me

04/06/2011 09:02 AM (UTC)
No, tie-ins never worked out. This is why most movie-games (vise-versa) turn out to be huge flops. I'm sorry, but a movie is a different medium from video-games, and I like it to stay that way. Even if it's nothing more than an appearance/costume tie-in, I feel the same rules still apply. They might as well release Mortal Kombat: The Movie The Game and have it compete with Street Fighter's piss-poor attempt.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.