bbfreak328
04/06/2011 12:46 PM (UTC)
I could go for Jade's and Johnny's, but that's about it.
Jaded-Raven
04/06/2011 12:49 PM (UTC)
Vomit Wrote:
No, tie-ins never worked out. This is why most movie-games (vise-versa) turn out to be huge flops. I'm sorry, but a movie is a different medium from video-games, and I like it to stay that way. Even if it's nothing more than an appearance/costume tie-in, I feel the same rules still apply. They might as well release Mortal Kombat: The Movie The Game and have it compete with Street Fighter's piss-poor attempt.

It's just outfits, not actual gameplay or storyline changes.
Sindel18 Wrote:
I would like to see some like Sindel's i really loved that outfit from the movie and MK3 along with kitana mileena and jade but the rest were pretty spot on of the MK3 outfits in the movie so i guess i would like to see everyone get there MK3

Your kidding right? That outfit looked just as cheap as her MK3 costume
I'm sorry but in a movie I expect to see something more well crafted then spandex/lycra body suit
TheAdder
04/06/2011 01:21 PM (UTC)
TheNinjasRock071394 Wrote:
"Billy Idol" Raiden = Fuck no

That never happened! There is only ONE Raiden and his name is Christopher Lambert!
Zmoke
04/06/2011 01:25 PM (UTC)
I wouldn't want Raiden to become a Billy Idol lookalike so no. Besides, it was Threshold Entertainment's vision on how the fighters should look like and the official MK team has their own visions.
Sykyl
About Me

04/06/2011 01:35 PM (UTC)
Movie Scorpion gets weird tentacle harpoon things coming out of his hands that screech everytime you use it. Yeah i'd get that
JAX007
About Me

04/06/2011 01:36 PM (UTC)
The costumes in the first movie were dope...They would look a bit out of place with all of the fantasy based ones in the game.

But movie Shang looked badass, better than any costume he's had in the games.
Jaded-Raven
04/06/2011 01:48 PM (UTC)
JAX007 Wrote:
The costumes in the first movie were dope...

When people use the words "dope" or "sick" to describe something, I never know if it's a good or a bad thing. It's usually the opposite of what I believe it means though...
JAX007
About Me

04/06/2011 01:53 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
JAX007 Wrote:
The costumes in the first movie were dope...

When people use the words "dope" or "sick" to describe something, I never know if it's a good or a bad thing. It's usually the opposite of what I believe it means though...

Dope is good lol. I think they did a great job recreating the characters in a more realistic setting. Whereas in Annihilation, They attempted to stay closer to the game designs and ended up looking like cheap halloween costumes.
KingBellsprout
04/06/2011 01:54 PM (UTC)
TheAdder Wrote:
TheNinjasRock071394 Wrote:
"Billy Idol" Raiden = Fuck no

That never happened! There is only ONE Raiden and his name is Christopher Lambert!

Christopher Lambert's raiden (a.k.a the first movie raiden for people who don't know) looked alright. I guess it could be a decent change from his same boring costume that never changes.

AS LONG AS IT IS NOT BARAKA FROM MK:A! His head looked so ridiculous in that
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
04/06/2011 01:55 PM (UTC)
Vomit Wrote:
No, tie-ins never worked out. This is why most movie-games (vise-versa) turn out to be huge flops. I'm sorry, but a movie is a different medium from video-games, and I like it to stay that way. Even if it's nothing more than an appearance/costume tie-in, I feel the same rules still apply. They might as well release Mortal Kombat: The Movie The Game and have it compete with Street Fighter's piss-poor attempt.

Believe it or not, people used to play the arcade version of that thing all the time when it was out around my area. I never thought it was that awful; the home versions though; which just skinned SFIIT, were horrible.

Anyhoo, there are certain ones I'd love to see: Raiden's being a big one. I'd say kano's, but they pretty much modelled Kano after Goddard's appearance starting with DA (so yeah, wouldn't mind a DA alt in this game) Most others are too similiar. Sonya might work. But the number one? Yes, yes, yes to Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa's trenchcoat.
assasSINister
04/06/2011 02:08 PM (UTC)
iHeartXenomorphs Wrote:
No.
Sindel18
About Me

<a href="<a href="<a href="

04/06/2011 02:08 PM (UTC)
longlivequeensindel Wrote:
Sindel18 Wrote:
I would like to see some like Sindel's i really loved that outfit from the movie and MK3 along with kitana mileena and jade but the rest were pretty spot on of the MK3 outfits in the movie so i guess i would like to see everyone get there MK3

Your kidding right? That outfit looked just as cheap as her MK3 costume
I'm sorry but in a movie I expect to see something more well crafted then spandex/lycra body suit

No i really loved it maybe because i saw the movie as a comedy and it makes me laugh everytime i watch it, But sometimes simplistic looks good and i loved the cape lol and her jewlery she had on. I must be the only one who loves it lol
Trini_Bwoi
04/06/2011 02:09 PM (UTC)
The only movie costume I would like is Cage's, that shirt was sexy
Shadowlord
About Me
The Shinnok ThreadThe Frost Thread
Join the jolly discussion to bring back these unjustly explored kombatants!
04/06/2011 02:37 PM (UTC)
I would to love see a alternate Raiden costume exactly like Lambert's. Plain, all-white Raiden is my favorite Raiden.
Shang's would be great too.
dames
04/06/2011 03:06 PM (UTC)
Its an amazing idea that would of been welcomed with open arms. So, don't listen to them JadedRaven it could of been great.
EX:
jade's costume mk annihilation
all of the ninja's mask designs engraved in mk1
Liu costume against shang mk1
sindel's costume mk annihilation
kitana's costume and metal fans mk1
Big_Speck
04/06/2011 10:31 PM (UTC)Edited 07/21/2019 11:24 PM (UTC)
Null
Espio872
04/06/2011 10:40 PM (UTC)
It would be cool for certain people, Kitana and Johnny Cage among them, their looks were actually very different from their in game counterparts, which was perfect, several others apply, but not all, like Liu Kang and Sonya's from the movies just look plain or too similar to other classic outfits.
nok_su_kow
04/07/2011 04:22 AM (UTC)
This just makes me think how awesomely bad it would have been to have a Mortal Kombat The Movie: The Videogame like what they did with SF. XD
Rockchalk5477
04/07/2011 04:24 AM (UTC)
nok_su_kow Wrote:
This just makes me think how awesomely bad it would have been to have a Mortal Kombat The Movie: The Videogame like what they did with SF. XD

Don't say that. Ever. grin
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
04/07/2011 04:47 AM (UTC)
I'd rather see outfits from the new web series.
judita
About Me

JIHAD.UPON.DESTRUCTION.IN.TOTAL.AGONY

04/07/2011 04:52 AM (UTC)
well look at kano, his modern look is based off the movie version, but hey if something works it works.

the only character i say is shang tsung, if they made him look like cary tagawa that would be so awsome.
RazorsEdge701
04/07/2011 05:32 AM (UTC)
Most of the movie costumes are just a damn t-shirt and slacks. I wouldn't turn down Shang in Tagawa's leather jacket, though...as long as he still had his goatee because by God, Shang Tsung has a goatee!
Kitana_MK9
04/07/2011 05:38 AM (UTC)

that is one badass costume for its time.
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

04/07/2011 05:48 AM (UTC)
I like Shao Kahns MK: Conquest look.

Dispite looking about 5 foot 7.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.