Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • November 20th, 2018
    Rumor: Spanish Voice Actor Exits Unannounced MK Game [Read On]
  • November 8th, 2018
    Kung Lao and the Scorpions - Music and Interview! [Read On]
  • October 30th, 2018
    Pics and Video from Shang Tsung's Fight Night 2018 [Read On]
  • October 26th, 2018
    Prepare Yourself: Shang Tsung's Fight Night & MKO Meet & Greet [Read On]
  • October 16th, 2018
    Tomorrow’s MKO Twitch Stream to feature speedrunning champ, Outworld! [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (57.1%)
Out of kredits. (42.8%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 5

~Crow~Posted: 05/03/2011 03:20 AMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode #4

After three separate episodes featuring Earthrealm warriors, episode four of Mortal Kombat: Legacy shifts the focus to Outworld. Created using a combination of live action and anime-style animations the tale of twin sisters Kitana and Mileena begins this week.

Following closely the game's storyline of Edenia's invasion by Shao Kahn (Aleks Paunovic), the episode begins with the telling of how Edenia lost 10 straight Mortal Kombat tournaments to Kahn's Outworld forces. A new element was introduced however, with Baraka (Fraser Aitcheson) leading the assault against Edenia much in the same way he led it against Earthrealm during Mortal Kombat II. King Jerrod (Kirby Morrow) fled the palace and used a decoy in his steed to protect Queen Sindel (Beatrice Ilg) and his infant daughter Kitana (Samantha Tjhia), but the plan ultimately failed and Shao Kahn seized control of the realm. As told in the game series, Mileena (Jolene Tran) is created after Kahn fears betrayal in the future by Kitana. Enlisting the aid of sorcerer Shang Tsung (Johnson Phan), Mileena is born in Kitana's image, however she has been infused with savage Tarkatan elements. Sindel commits suicide, her motive revealed as merging her soul with Kitana's so that she may know the truth someday. A character depth not shown in the game is also demonstrated by Mileena in this episode, showing her fear and anger over being an imperfect clone to her sister.

As a fight scene between the sisters begins under their father's watchful eye, the episode ends promising a conclusion next week.

~Crow~Posted: 05/03/2011 03:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::39491
Nationality::Antarctica
RE: Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode #4

Why is THIS Mileena never the one in the game?

It's so easy, it writes itself. Yet the MK team themselves never put any effort towards making Mileena have any interest or depth to her character.

LynxFATEPosted: 05/03/2011 03:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::1666
Nationality::United States

Story was okay, but this is the worst episode so far. Effects are awful, not diggin' the look of any of the characters featured in this vid.

I wish this episode was as decent as last week's.

IamTheSPosted: 05/03/2011 03:26 AMStatus ::

Visits::1988

Not fond of Shao Kahn's portrayal, but I love the more sympathetic Mileena.

The "Jerrod perhaps still being alive" angle is pretty cool, too. And hey, it's voice actor Kirby Morrow!

~Crow~Posted: 05/03/2011 03:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::39491
Nationality::Antarctica

Personally, I feel this is better looking than Sonya/Jax/Kano so far. Johnny Cage's is the only standalone episode that was able to be completed in one sitting.

LynxFATEPosted: 05/03/2011 03:31 AMStatus ::

I am cool with the story, but the visuals just took me out of the experience.

Mileena's story in this is much better than what is going on currently in the new game, but I felt like I was watching a low budget "The Last Airbender" with this one.

Shang Tsung's actor has had minimal screen time, but I really like him a lot.

ZeeDoctorPosted: 05/03/2011 03:40 AMStatus ::

Visits::695

Can't say I like those visuals.

And is it me...or is Shang WAY too short?

34_ThaTruth_34Posted: 05/03/2011 03:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::1427

LynxFATE Wrote:
I am cool with the story, but the visuals just took me out of the experience.

Mileena's story in this is much better than what is going on currently in the new game, but I felt like I was watching a low budget "The Last Airbender" with this one.

Mileena (and Cyrax) are my two favorites, but I found this to be the worse episode so far... for exactly the reasons you said.

Them deciding to make 3/4 of the episode a cartoon just really killed the feel of this series... at least when we're only getting 7 minutes (9 -2min credits) a week.

Perhaps once the full first season is out, watching them back to back to back to.... will make it more enjoyable.

But at 10pm Monday night, I'm sitting here excited, and then by 12:15am I am disappointed and finding myself upset I have to wait a whole other week.

I just don't get why in a live action Mortal Kombat series, they had to have a cartoon of the two girls training against dummies and each other. Isn't that sort of the purpose of it being Live Action?

I get it for showing us Edenia, but all the stuff that could have (should have) been done in live action and wasn't... I dunno, really killed the vibe for me.

And my lord, Baby Mileena's teeth look like something I would have created in Paintshop Pro a decade ago... maybe it's for good reason they decided to make the series a cartoon, if that's the level of quality we're going to be getting from the Live Action work.

LynxFATEPosted: 05/03/2011 03:42 AMStatus ::

Shang Tsung seems to be fairly short, but damn is he creepy. He reminds me of Shang circa MKII.

Ninja_MimePosted: 05/03/2011 03:45 AMStatus ::

Visits::21018
Nationality::Sweden

I liked it a lot.

T-rexPosted: 05/03/2011 03:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

IamTheS Wrote:

The "Jerrod perhaps still being alive" angle is pretty cool, too. And hey, it's voice actor Kirby Morrow!

Fuckin' Miroku is in this? Sweet!

Anyway,onto the episode itself.

THE GOOD

-It's a good day to be a Mileenafag,because this is one of the best portrayals of her yet. Y'all remember that one scene from a Malibu comic with Mileena eavesdropping on Kahn and Kitana and being all ;_; that every fan of her sympathetic portrayal loves to bring up? They seemed to have pretty much copied it here,albeit in a more subtle way. And that's great,I think.

I love the Kuchisake-Onna thing she has going. Seeing that mouth on a baby was awesomely creepy. And man,she just fucking straight up ATE that one guy. Did you see that shit?

-Baraka looked kind of badass.

-I'm liking this Shang more and more. The shit-eating grin he had after Kahn gave him an order to create Mileena was delicious.

-Sindel poisoning herself was probably how I would've personally have her kill herself,too.

THE BAD

-Kahn has no presence at all. And where the fuck is his helmet? I understand that actor probably wants some face time on camera,but this is Shao fucking Kahn we're talking about here. He should be showering in that helmet.

-I do appreciate the fact that they tried to show Kahn's sympathetic side with the whole taking Sindel and Kitana as his own family thing,but I'm not sure they pulled it off here.

THE WUT

-What the shit was up with Jerrod and his doppelganger? We're supposed to believe he'd just abandon his realm,wife and child like that?

-What was the deal with Sindel? She became an hero so her soul could pass onto her daughter? What?

-While we're on the topic of Sindel,I always thought she was a strong-willed,capable woman even before she became a zombie banshee asskicker. Here,she's just some waif who kills herself instead of taking care of her baby daughter.

sonicherosfan1Posted: 05/03/2011 03:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::2646

I think, if there was one thing we learn from MKA is that, you don't show Shao Khans face, EVER!

In fact, thats where MKC got things right, they always kept Khan's face covered up.

I like the two females playing Kitana and Mileena, but everything else in this episode I hated.

I hated Baraka, god did I hate how he looks.

KitanaMileena92Posted: 05/03/2011 03:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::599

Well,I loved it

http://www.youtube.com/user/MortalKombatKustoms?feature=mhum\
petrcechPosted: 05/03/2011 03:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::3134

I'm genuinely shocked that some of you are complaining about this FUKIN amazing episode, best one so far by miles.
The story is so rich and full of deception and WTF moments.
At first I though this whole MK legacy show was prettY cool, but now I'm blown away and cannot wait to see more.
Holy shit that was fukin superb....

photo 4693e3e5-2d4e-44a7-8c05-157857ef5f95.jpg
MonkeyBanzaiPosted: 05/03/2011 03:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::497
Nationality::Bulgaria

Mileena's part of the episode is great, the rest is pretty bland and forgettable at best. I think the writers are doing a good job, but the director smells.
Man, I wish they had a budget, I had no idea Edenia is a poor man's Middle Earth. Was this episode shot in a haunted house or something?

34_ThaTruth_34Posted: 05/03/2011 03:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::1427

petrcech Wrote:
I'm genuinely shocked that some of you are complaining about this FUKIN amazing episode, best one so far by miles.

At first I though this whole MK legacy show was prettY cool, but now I'm blown away and cannot wait to see more.

No one is really complaining about the story, but I'm glad you enjoyed the cartoon.

CagedRage12Posted: 05/03/2011 03:53 AMStatus ::

Visits::1302

story is pretty good

everything else is garbage

baraka looks like ric flair that is sad

i really hope the rest of the series gets better this whole experience has been meh, decent writing but bland directing.

NickScryerPosted: 05/03/2011 03:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::5271
Nationality::Ireland

Kan't say I liked this episode much. Don't really know why but it just felt meh...

IamTheSPosted: 05/03/2011 03:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::1988

T-rex Wrote:

Fuckin' Miroku is in this? Sweet!

Aye... he's Jerrod.

petrcechPosted: 05/03/2011 03:58 AMStatus ::

Visits::3134

34_ThaTruth_34 Wrote:
petrcech Wrote:

No one is really complaining about the story, but I'm glad you enjoyed the cartoon.

Complaining as in not enjoying the episode.
It had some animated scenes, actually a lot of em but what was wrong with em? Beautiful art, plus it was only the intro to this complicated story of the end of Edenia.

Best ep so far my miles

photo 4693e3e5-2d4e-44a7-8c05-157857ef5f95.jpg
T-rexPosted: 05/03/2011 04:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

Best ep so far was the Johnny episode.

scorpionspupilPosted: 05/03/2011 04:03 AMStatus ::

Visits::5144
Nationality::Canada

Good stuff, anybody notice the way they pronounced Sindel's name? that kinda bugged me. Everytime I've ever heard it has always come across as Sind "Elle" not Sind "il"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
BalkanPosted: 05/03/2011 04:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::636

Mixed feelings on this one. The animated scenes are pretty cool, and work well, just as it did Kill Bill vol. 1. However... let me take a deep breath... the live action stuff in this episode gave me the same feeling of embarrassment that the 2nd theatrical movie did. Not good, just not good in any way. The actor for Shao Kahn might be passable but his attire in no way says to me that man is a conqueror of realms. Shang Tsung is fine; Baraka was a bad extra from the He-man movie; Sindel is her only in name, not in any other way; King Jerrod is nothing noteworthy in any way -- any actor could have done his scenes. As is, the first 3 episodes were good, though the Cage episode was above good and I would call it great, but this episode I would say is barely passable.

My hopes the series can rebound in the next episode. I should also note that I agree the Mileena plot is deeper, and better, than recent games. Creating her early in life so that Kitana and her mature together is a good idea. Showing that Mileena is different, and she knows it, is also a good idea.

ScrizamPosted: 05/03/2011 04:05 AMStatus ::

Visits::131

Hmmm.... here is my two cents.

I didn't really care for this episode.. Mileena has normal teeth... sometimes?

Queen "Sindle" is a dainty little thing, NOTHING even close to the character in the games. Yes yes, she was resurrected and whatnot in the games... but still.

The effects weren't a big deal for me, I understand this thing is fairly low budget (hence the stupid-short episodes)

Baraka looks like a gosh darned character from LOTR (not down with his mouth shaped just like us)

And just a disclaimer to anyone that might possibly say "if you don't like it, don't watch it!" I'm not watching this series to look for flaws or things to complain about, I start every episode with an open mind. I haven't liked the series so far to be completely honest...

But I feel there is still hope. If this series screws Scorpion (in my eyes) then that will be the last straw.

Joe-Von-ZombiePosted: 05/03/2011 04:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::3910

Needs more Johnny Cage

Photobucket Sig by MINION
Page of 5

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.