Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 3

~Crow~Posted: 05/10/2011 12:16 PMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode #5

This week's edition of Mortal Kombat: Legacy completes the genesis of Kitana and Mileena began last week. As Shao Kahn seeks to complete the conquering of Edenia for good.

As the episode begins, Shao Kahn (Aleks Paunovic) is overseeing a sparring match between Kitana (Samantha Tjhia) and Mileena (Jolene Tran). Despite growing up together, the two girls are not very close due to Mileena's resentment for Kitana's presumed place in Shao Kahn's heart. After a brief encounter, Kitana gets the better of Mileena as Kahn calls off the engagement.

The girls are given a series of assignation assignments in which they are to eliminate King Jerrod's imposters. Though this would ensure Kitana never learned the truth of her heritage, with each passing murder Kitana's feelings of confusion and doubt grow stronger. Finally, Kahn locates the true King Jerrod (Kirby Morrow). Jerrod attempts to reveal the truth to Kitana, but Mileena strikes him down from behind. In his dying breath however, he plants the final seed of doubt within Kitana, triggering her memories and secretly turning her against Shao Kahn. The episode ends as Kahn plans his invasion of Earthrealm.

LucaTurilliPosted: 05/10/2011 12:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::2785
Nationality::United States
RE: Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode #5

I don't get why they're using all of this motion-comic-book animations. The fight scene with Kitana and Mileena was the only portion of this episode that I found enjoyable.

The scene with Jerrod and Kitana had absolutely no impact. What the hell was Jerrod doing, anyway? Just chillin', waiting for them to come kill him? There was no purpose to him escaping in the first place, other than to conveniently nudge the plot along. Eh... I'm thinkin' I'd like to see an episode every month, rather than every week. It's just too underwhelming, being so short and trying to cram so much into a few minutes.

Demon_0Posted: 05/10/2011 12:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::4667
Nationality::Afghanistan

The comic animations is obviously used because this is the second part of the previous episode. I doubt we will see it in the other episodes.

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13
petrcechPosted: 05/10/2011 01:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::3134

@Garlador

Man I absolutely agree with you 100%.
As much as I appreciate the work of the MK team, I sometimes wonder what in the world goes in their heads.

Too bad the game has a completely diff story now. I'm afraid that they've sorta ruined the princess' story :/. I mean how do you fix all that? Kitana has one of the greatest stories ive ever seen; why don't the MK team feel that way? Why destroy something so epic?

This episode was even better than the first one, and the next will be better. I'm really digging this MK LEGACY series. Finally the story of the Princess is told right and portrayed right, finally shes been given justice.

Even though this episode was extra short, I loved every second of it. The success of this series will definitely incourage NRS and WB to film a movie.
Me happy :), this episode was badass and I enjoyed it so much that words can't describe how I'm feeling right now.

I guess I loved this episode so much because I finally got to see the legendary story that I"ve been reading since MK/MK2 about Edenia. Yeah some differences, but almost identical. Thank you Kevin Tancharoen

photo 4693e3e5-2d4e-44a7-8c05-157857ef5f95.jpg
LynxFATEPosted: 05/10/2011 01:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::1666

It was...meh. Better than last episode, but that isn't saying a lot. I guess its good for what it is, it just isn't my cup of tea especially the animated comic panel crap. Fight scene was okay, Kahn still needs a helmet and Mileena's mouth or rather lack there of is stupid.

SindraPosted: 05/10/2011 01:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::2365

While I totally understand the need to explain backstory for those who might be using this as a gateway into the MK story, these two past eps. still felt like filler compared to the other episodes. And yeah, I agree that the whole point of Jerrod getting away and surviving fell disappointingly short when he just ends up being killed off in a completely uninspired and boring way.

Oh well.

SirojPosted: 05/10/2011 02:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::3790
Nationality::Belgium

The whole Kitana & Mileena storyline is one of the best parts of the MK lore. While I did enjoy the these 2 episodes, they still left me hungry for more. I kinda hope that, if they ever do an MK spin-off movie, that they'll use the origin of these deadly sisters for the story. There's just so much potential here.

ZeeDoctorPosted: 05/10/2011 02:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::695

Worst episode by far. Did not like last weeks either.

At leas the whole Mileena/Kitana angles done with.

JAX007Posted: 05/10/2011 02:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

I feel the same about this part...too much narration and animation, not enough live action.

I loved the Kitana and Mileena fight scene and I find their story here better than was was given in MK9.

SagatruPosted: 05/10/2011 02:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::324

Eh....
This is... I don't know, let's start from the top.

Mileena's mouth is beginning to bother for two reasons.
1. If you pause the video before Kitana and her Fight, you'll notice that her teeth aren't like... sharp or fengs or whatever. They're just normal teeth.
2. The Tarkatan Horde's Mouths are no where near as wide as Mileena's mouth because they're made in normal form. Just have make-up on and look like orcs with sharp teeth. And Mileena's mouth only opens... sometimes. Usually from the side of her face. And that's annoying. I want to see it while she's fighting Kitana!

As for Shao Kahn, I really hope he starts wearing his helmet in the coming episodes. And I'm hating how long the Credits are to these videos. And I'm going to have to agree, it would be much better for them to just release one each month instead of week. And have at least 12 webisodes instead of 10. Or maybe even... 24.

I can't lie though, they did do an okay job on Kitana and Mileena's back story.
Thumbs up for it.
But I have to say I'm not impressed with everything else. Let's just hope they do a good job with Sub-Zero and Scorpion. And let's hope they just do it all in one episode. The single episodes seem to be the better ones. And considering the fact he's only doing 10 Webisodes. He might want to save room for the coming tournament. We just finished the 5th episode. 5 more to go. Think hard Kevin.

Spider804Posted: 05/10/2011 04:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::6938

Unless I'm mistaken, the remaing eps will cover Raiden, the cyborgs, and of course Scorp and Subbie. That I am looking forward to highly.

SpikePosted: 05/10/2011 04:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::1399
Nationality::United Kingdom

Not sure if this had Bren mentioned before, but there's a reality show on ITV4 here in the UK called Behind Closec Doors, showcasing Jean Claude Van-Damme and his family.

They've just shown his daughter Bianca going over the script and rehearsing with four choreographers sent by the director of 'Mortal Kombat'. She was auditioning for Mileena (the narrator pronounced this as My-Leena).

I presume this was for these Legacy episodes, and not some super secret upcoming film...

I'm sorry, I didn't care.
GarladorPosted: 05/10/2011 05:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::11510

Copied from the prior thread:

I definitely enjoyed it.

I find it weird how the Legacy episode is almost exactly the same as the "old canon" which people loved from MK2, while the new MK2011 game retconned Kitana and Mileena's relationship and storyline away into an entirely new direction.

I prefer the original storyline, of Kitana discovering the lies her "father" has told her all her life on her own, much more than a painfully forced monologue from the game. "But Father!" "I'm not your father. I killed your father and married your mother. I would have killed you too had she not told me that you're awesome. But she's dead, so screw her. I created a clone now because, hey, that's how I roll and she's even evil. Sure she doesn't look a thing like you because she's got teeth like a crocodile, and you probably would have stayed loyal to me if I hadn't just confessed all this to you, but screw it. 10,000 years of love and service? Bah. Watch me needlessly destroy all that in the span of 45 seconds."

Here it is a much slower build. The seeds of doubt planted in Kitana's mind. The way Kahn promotes and goads on the rivalry between each sister. It's much more interesting, dynamic, and believable. Very well done.

And I ABSOLUTELY wish there was an option for the type of outfits seen during the animated sequences to be in the game. They looked like beautiful and efficient assassins instead of weird, scantily-clad harem girls.

Still wish Kahn wore a helmet or mask, though. He's just far too handsome to look like a creditable or fearsome threat.

NephritePosted: 05/10/2011 05:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia

I liked it.

maximus12Posted: 05/10/2011 05:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::3635

I'm not liking the comic book style. I hope they don't do it for the rest of the episodes.

lcmasonPosted: 05/10/2011 05:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::2456

lerve it.

T-rexPosted: 05/10/2011 05:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

Garlador Wrote:

Still wish Kahn wore a helmet or mask, though. He's just far too handsome to look like a creditable or fearsome threat.

I was waiting for Kahn to go "Jerrod is finally out of the picture,time to do some real fuckin' conquering!" and finally don his iconic helmet in the last few seconds of the episode,showing us that SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

I was so sure he'll do it.

And then he didn't.

And then I was disappoint. >:(

MonkeyBanzaiPosted: 05/10/2011 05:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::497
Nationality::Bulgaria

I think I'm done with Legacy. The series sunk from mediocre to outright horrible and plain lazy. It's like watching a high school play gone wrong.

]{0MBATPosted: 05/10/2011 05:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::13939

This one was great. It was awesome how Kitana found out the truth what happened, and got to have Jerrod tell this to her face-to-face right before he died. This was probably the best and most epic way for her to discover the truth - not from a book like in the Malibu comics, not from "talking to an Earth warrior" ala MKII, certainly not the way it played out in MK 2011, but exactly what they did here. MK Legacy FTW.

RazorsEdge701Posted: 05/10/2011 07:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::20795

]{0MBAT Wrote:
This was probably the best and most epic way for her to discover the truth - not from a book like in the Malibu comics, not from "talking to an Earth warrior" ala MKII, certainly not the way it played out in MK 2011, but exactly what they did here. MK Legacy FTW.

I dunno...I liked what they did with Jerrod well enough, don't get me wrong...but I've always wanted to see Kitana do some actual snooping and detective work, growing suspicious, hearing rumors, tracking down old Edenians for info, following a trail, the sort of thing that takes a long time, not a single, quick "Kahn's not your dad, I am" and that's it.

Letting Jerrod live long enough to meet her gives her one moment of strong emotion, but is that one moment worth making Jerrod look like a cowardly hermit who never fought back against Kahn for centuries beforehand? I'm not sure it is. I'd much rather see Jerrod fight Kahn one-on-one and get cut down.

I also kinda hate the whole "Kitana gets to see Sindel's memories" thing. Once again, it seems like a rushed thing done "to get this episode over with because we have a time limit". It robs Kitana of the chance to find out ON HER OWN what happened through actual work and effort. And like I said about episode four, just let a suicide be a fuckin' suicide. I don't like the idea that it has to be a heroic sacrifice to save another person or another realm, I like the Sindel story better when she's just desperate to escape Kahn because he's so horrible and she can't even do that because when she kills herself, he traps and holds onto her soul.

GoDisNotHereTODAYPosted: 05/10/2011 07:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::7504

I dig it. Though, part of me wishes the whole series was animated now after seeing the animations of these two episodes.

And fuck Shao Kahn for being like a weird gentleman guy and no bad ass helmet. Shao Kahn gets fucked over in all film aspects of MK

T-rexPosted: 05/10/2011 07:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

Conquest Kahn was a fucking badass.

Spider804Posted: 05/10/2011 07:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::6938

*sigh*
Is there anything that you guys are not gonna make me add to my must watch list?

RealFnCoolPosted: 05/10/2011 07:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::10

i didnt know quentin tarentino sub directed this series....

if only the animation scenes were reality... itd be funny if friday the "uncensored" (if there is one) version were both mel/kit in full and not animated... wouldnt that be something?!

i do think it'd been cool to see the rebirth idea into this series instead of actual game story (minus the CON)

RazorsEdge701Posted: 05/10/2011 07:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::20795

T-rex Wrote:
Conquest Kahn was a fucking badass.

Conquest Kahn is Best Kahn.

Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.