About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

05/14/2011 04:51 AM (UTC)
Patch Kano's win pose in alt. costume.
It doesn't fucking work!
Diablix
05/14/2011 04:55 AM (UTC)
Kushh Wrote:
No character in this game needs nerfing, not even Scorpion. He's INCREDIBLY predictable and easy to punish online.
Ermac does NOT need nerfing at all either, his starter combos are slow as fuck.

no one in Mortal Kombat should be nerfed. I personally love the way the way that NRS balances a fighting game. Every single character(with few exceptions) is overpowered, and thus..none of them are.
everyone overpowered in some way=balance.
ZeroSymbolic7188
05/14/2011 06:03 AM (UTC)
Diablix Wrote:
Kushh Wrote:
No character in this game needs nerfing, not even Scorpion. He's INCREDIBLY predictable and easy to punish online.

no one in Mortal Kombat should be nerfed. I personally love the way the way that NRS balances a fighting game. Every single character(with few exceptions) is overpowered, and thus..none of them are.
everyone overpowered in some way=balance.

grin
TheDarkPassenger
05/14/2011 06:38 AM (UTC)
Kushh Wrote:

And which combos would you be referring to? Also, it won't really matter which ones you're talking about because if you land a JP, the combo "starter" is guaranteed to connect. ALSO, his Force Lift is a guaranteed anti-air that leads to 34% damage every single time because the slam sets them up for the juggle. Can anyone think of another anti-air in the game that is consistent as Ermac's and EASILY nets mid 30%? I can't. And the reason Ermac's anti-air is so consistent is because he doesn't have to come in contact with the enemy, so there's no chance of being hit if properly executed. Even anti-air throws (Jax and Sheeva) can be shaky if someone is JKing shallow--this is not a problem with Ermac. Come on guys, I use Ermac--he's my favorite character, why would I beg for a nerf to a character I like if it weren't ridiculous? His damage is so high on:

JP,2,2,Force Lift,JK,Tele-Punch,Dash,2,2,Force Push (or X-Ray)

46% on the Force Push and 59% on the X-Ray wow

It's like the game doesn't damage scale it:

JP = 4%
2,2 = 11%
Force Lift = 5%
JK = 7%
Tele-Punch = 8%
2,2 = 11%
Force Push = 11%

This totals 57% without any damage scaling and it nets 46% on 10 hits. That's 11% over 10 hits which is 1.1% per hit. Sub-Zero has a similarly easy 10 hit combo that does 35% damage, but is subject to 1.3% damage scaling per hit.

Sub Combo:
B+1,2,Ice Ball,JP,Dash,B+1,2~2,1,2~Slide

Reptile has a 10 hit combo that matches Ermac's measily 1.1% damage scaling per hit, but is approximately 50 million times more difficult to do, but hey, don't take my word for it, try these combos in a match and see which ones you have the most success landing (you'll find Ermac and Sub's combos to be easily executed).

Reptile Combo:
3,1,2,Elbow Dash,JP,Fast Force Ball,3,1,2,Slide

I have a solution that will make all parties happy: make his combos harder to do instead of having all day to connect every hit every time. That would work too. It's just not fair to the Reptile players out there who are actually working HARD for their 40+% no meter. (among other characters)
hellnono
05/14/2011 06:54 AM (UTC)
- fix glitches
- fix bugs
- add playable bosses
- add an additional x-ray per character
- add option for traditional super move type x-ray inputs in place of the Simple Mode retardation
- overhaul the entire online net-code
- recall the game and relrease it at half price once it's retail worthy... lol!

NB: Seeing as the money's been banked, not holding breath for ANY substantive changes.
Deathology
05/14/2011 08:42 AM (UTC)
There's a big patch that's going to come out after PSN comes back up. Among the things in it is a damage reduction for Ermac, I don't know how much.
If the patch can do this....

1. Fix Noob Saibot name in the life bar to say Noob Saibot
2. Fix Sub-Zero's freeze so blocking wont let player break free of this move...

To be continued....
Chameleon_88
05/14/2011 09:25 AM (UTC)
Deathology Wrote:
There's a big patch that's going to come out after PSN comes back up. Among the things in it is a damage reduction for Ermac, I don't know how much.

source please?
jagro
About Me

05/14/2011 10:28 AM (UTC)
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
Kushh Wrote:

And which combos would you be referring to? Also, it won't really matter which ones you're talking about because if you land a JP, the combo "starter" is guaranteed to connect. ALSO, his Force Lift is a guaranteed anti-air that leads to 34% damage every single time because the slam sets them up for the juggle. Can anyone think of another anti-air in the game that is consistent as Ermac's and EASILY nets mid 30%? I can't. And the reason Ermac's anti-air is so consistent is because he doesn't have to come in contact with the enemy, so there's no chance of being hit if properly executed. Even anti-air throws (Jax and Sheeva) can be shaky if someone is JKing shallow--this is not a problem with Ermac. Come on guys, I use Ermac--he's my favorite character, why would I beg for a nerf to a character I like if it weren't ridiculous?

you know that force lift can be blocked and jumped over right? and it has a very slow recovery time, if you DO block it or whatever it leaves ermac wide open for your own combos. so im not sure what you mean by "guaranteed".
Lokheit
05/14/2011 12:17 PM (UTC)
I think that Quan Chi slow animation is neccesary because:

With the realtive short duration of stun once you can move again, you need the opponent close to you or the stun will break before you can hit.

As the zombie animation is long, you need a long casting animation so Quan Chi doesn't have a chance to buff himself.

Edit: Oh and I would change sub-zero alternate for a maskless Kuai Liang, then make Noob Saibot alternate costume alternate color the blue outfit... And make it have sub-zero's moves ONLY during story mode, the same way you have a cyber sub-zero skin wirh Reptile's moves ONLY during challenge tower... This way you don't have the SAME non-classic costume on 2 characters... this one isn't a palette swap!
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

05/14/2011 01:24 PM (UTC)
Trini_Bwoi Wrote:That is the result of s stealth update. In my unpatched copy Quan Chi recovers way faster HOWEVER that led to many tag team infinites. And if the time in trance were reduced Quan Chi won't be able to reach the opponent most of the time. So yea, the long animation is a fix...unfortunately.

*EDIT on 5\16\11*

How could it lead to tag team infinites? It takes bars, which was made to prevent such a thing, and it's not like spamming a move quickly builds your meter too. If you could provide a video of this, I would appreciate it.

*edit* Thanks for the video, I understand now.

Lokheit Wrote:
I think that Quan Chi slow animation is neccesary because:

With the realtive short duration of stun once you can move again, you need the opponent close to you or the stun will break before you can hit....

I don't mean shortening the whole move, I mean Quan Chi's casting animation. By default, you have a good enough time to attack your opponent once Quan Chi's casting animation is done since they will be close to you in the end. I just want Quan Chi's casting animation to be shorter so I can hurry up and attack my opponent. By default, the way I see it, Quan Chi's trance is like a very slow mid range Scorpion Spear. But now, it doesn't matter, I understand why the animation is long now.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

05/14/2011 01:33 PM (UTC)
ZeroSymbolic7188 Wrote:
J-spit Wrote:
ZeroSymbolic7188 Wrote:
J-spit Wrote:
1. Increase the music volume. Please!?

2. Battle Damage option.

You can tweak volumes in the options bro.

Totally missing the point. The music, even at 100%, simply isn't loud enough to enjoy along with the fight.

Turn yo speakers up?

I agree with J-Spit.
You shouldn't NEED to make changes in the option menu and spending minutes figuring out if "this audio is too low and if that audio is too high the next time I play the game". You shouldn't NEED to turn your volume up. This shouldn't be a problem in the first place.

The only reason anybody should ever touch the audio option is to completely mute an audio portion for their preference of gameplay experience. Not to tweek the audio option in general because you can't hear the dialog in a freakin' Story mode! How this passed NRS is beyond me.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

05/14/2011 01:49 PM (UTC)
KlTANA Wrote:
WeaponTheory Wrote:
2. Sindel's Scream.
It's useless! It has such ridiculous starting delay to it. The animation needs to be increased so that she can at least combo into it.
If Scorpion can combo into a Spear, Sindel should be able to combo into a Scream.

Y'know what? Maybe I'm a Sindel noob.

QUESTION TO ALL PEOPLE WHO USE SINDEL.
Can she combo into her scream? Please tell me how.
(if I can get a decent amount of answers I will delete the suggestion)

Yes.

http://youtu.be/8kqG4GHrzAY?hd=1

And in many more ways, By just throwing it into her basic strings.

I can't believe those even work with her scream added.
The creator of the video had experienced a combo that doesn't work any more because it's patched now. I'm gonna ask the person if they patched her combo screams. Because the screams in that video look way faster than I remember.
TheDarkPassenger
05/14/2011 03:19 PM (UTC)
jagro Wrote:
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
Kushh Wrote:

And which combos would you be referring to? Also, it won't really matter which ones you're talking about because if you land a JP, the combo "starter" is guaranteed to connect. ALSO, his Force Lift is a guaranteed anti-air that leads to 34% damage every single time because the slam sets them up for the juggle. Can anyone think of another anti-air in the game that is consistent as Ermac's and EASILY nets mid 30%? I can't. And the reason Ermac's anti-air is so consistent is because he doesn't have to come in contact with the enemy, so there's no chance of being hit if properly executed. Even anti-air throws (Jax and Sheeva) can be shaky if someone is JKing shallow--this is not a problem with Ermac. Come on guys, I use Ermac--he's my favorite character, why would I beg for a nerf to a character I like if it weren't ridiculous?

you know that force lift can be blocked and jumped over right? and it has a very slow recovery time, if you DO block it or whatever it leaves ermac wide open for your own combos. so im not sure what you mean by "guaranteed".

Where did I say in my post to try a Force Lift when the opponent is standing on the ground? I said:

1) Use the Force Lift as an anti-air, which to my knowledge, you cannot block in the air. And as stated in my post, just with every anti-air, spacing and execution matter, and Ermac's Force Lift can be the most consistent anti-air when used properly.

2) Use the Force Lift after you connect a JP into 2,2. And yes, if you connect JP,2,2 the Force Lift is guaranteed if 2-in-1 out of the combo. Doesn't really matter what we think--NRS will decide and make adjustments. This is just my opinion based on my use of the character.
superbn0va
05/14/2011 04:17 PM (UTC)
Excellent thread,

* when Mileena has won a fight, she attacks the camera with red blood coming of her mouth even if she fought a cyborg/reptile

* the announcer's quotes while fighting (whuhahah, impressive, et.)

* fix the bugs in practice mode like,
-can't skip while in x -ray
-the display can't show 2 buttons at the same time.
-fix the % rating, its always 1% less than the actual damage.

* patch night wolves alt. costume.
jagro
About Me

05/14/2011 04:23 PM (UTC)
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
jagro Wrote:
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
Kushh Wrote:

Where did I say in my post to try a Force Lift when the opponent is standing on the ground? I said:

1) Use the Force Lift as an anti-air, which to my knowledge, you cannot block in the air. And as stated in my post, just with every anti-air, spacing and execution matter, and Ermac's Force Lift can be the most consistent anti-air when used properly.

2) Use the Force Lift after you connect a JP into 2,2. And yes, if you connect JP,2,2 the Force Lift is guaranteed if 2-in-1 out of the combo. Doesn't really matter what we think--NRS will decide and make adjustments. This is just my opinion based on my use of the character.

so then the answer is simple: don't jump foolishly into the range of his force lift. beyond that, he's pretty much limited to an average projectile and a fairly standard teleport. there's a strategy for/against every character, if a certain approach fails against a certain character, it does NOT mean that character needs nerfing.
TheDarkPassenger
05/14/2011 05:31 PM (UTC)
jagro Wrote:
so then the answer is simple: don't jump foolishly into the range of his force lift. beyond that, he's pretty much limited to an average projectile and a fairly standard teleport. there's a strategy for/against every character, if a certain approach fails against a certain character, it does NOT mean that character needs nerfing.

Yeah, so don't jump in. Now you have to dash in....on the ground....where Ermac can do the Force Push and knock you away. So don't dash in. Now zone him.....where Ermac can zone as well. We can do this all day long, and in the end, it's missing the point anyway. The point is that every single character has different ways of delivering damage and punishing mistakes--however, Ermac just does a hell of a lot of damage compared to almost every other character. And those couple of characters that can compete with Ermac's massive damage are MUCH more difficult to use. I would rather see them nerf the powerful characters down then buff the weaker characters up, as it will make the matches more interesting and no so much about getting a single opening that ends the match (as shown by the characters that do 50%+ damage).
Deathology
05/14/2011 06:04 PM (UTC)
Chameleon_88 Wrote:
Deathology Wrote:

source please?

@19:46
jagro
About Me

05/14/2011 06:32 PM (UTC)
TheDarkPassenger Wrote:
jagro Wrote:

Yeah, so don't jump in. Now you have to dash in....on the ground....where Ermac can do the Force Push and knock you away. So don't dash in. Now zone him.....where Ermac can zone as well. We can do this all day long, and in the end, it's missing the point anyway. The point is that every single character has different ways of delivering damage and punishing mistakes--however, Ermac just does a hell of a lot of damage compared to almost every other character. And those couple of characters that can compete with Ermac's massive damage are MUCH more difficult to use. I would rather see them nerf the powerful characters down then buff the weaker characters up, as it will make the matches more interesting and no so much about getting a single opening that ends the match (as shown by the characters that do 50%+ damage).

frankly, if you're allowing yourself to be hit by 50%+ combos, then you're either an extremely poor player or you've never heard of the "combo breaker", or both. as i previously said, these combos might work in practice mode against a dummy, but in a high-level match online against another human being? no chance. and you seem to be under the misconception that ermac is the ONLY character capable of these big combos? just look on youtube = EVERYBODY can do them.

in terms of combo starters, ermac's force lift is hardly different to nightwolf's axe swing, kung lao's spin or kitana's fan lift. they all have virtually the same range, they're all anti-airs, they all start juggles. the trick is to not give them the opportunity to use those moves. and jumping in towards them when they can do those moves is a risk.

i really don't see your point.
Led_Auditore
About Me

-courtesy from MINION-

05/14/2011 07:21 PM (UTC)
superbn0va Wrote:
Excellent thread,
* patch night wolves alt. costume.

For what?
TheDarkPassenger
05/14/2011 10:01 PM (UTC)
jagro Wrote:
frankly, if you're allowing yourself to be hit by 50%+ combos, then you're either an extremely poor player or you've never heard of the "combo breaker", or both. as i previously said, these combos might work in practice mode against a dummy, but in a high-level match online against another human being? no chance. and you seem to be under the misconception that ermac is the ONLY character capable of these big combos? just look on youtube = EVERYBODY can do them.

in terms of combo starters, ermac's force lift is hardly different to nightwolf's axe swing, kung lao's spin or kitana's fan lift. they all have virtually the same range, they're all anti-airs, they all start juggles. the trick is to not give them the opportunity to use those moves. and jumping in towards them when they can do those moves is a risk.

i really don't see your point.

First, I definitely did NOT say that Ermac is the only character that can do 50% combos. Check my posts, I'm sure that I said he's the only one that does them so easily.

So, if you get hit by a 50% combo you're a scrub? Well I guess Tom Brady, Reo, LI Joe, etc. are all scrubs. And what if you don't have meter for a combo breaker? And even if you built it up from taking damage from the combo, would you use it at the end of a 50% combo to stop it at 40% and burn two bars of your meter? Sorry man, it sounds like you don't play this game competitively with these kinds of comments. Saying that you shouldn't allow yourself to get hit by a 50% combo is equivalent to saying you shouldn't allow yourself to get hit, because all combos that register as a combo are guaranteed after the first hit (that's what makes it a combo). The difference between a 10% combo hitting you and a 50% combo hitting has nothing to do with you, it has to do with the person executing the combo. You're just being silly now.

Additionally, are you ACTUALLY claiming that Nightwolf's Hatchet has the same range as Ermac's Force Lift? If so, you haven't performed either of those moves, because Ermac's Force Lift EASILY has twice the range of Nightwolf's Hatchet. As for Kitana's Fan Lift, I haven't played her enough to comment on it, but based on the other COMPLETELY FALSE statements that you're making, I would venture to say that it isn't so.

I'm done arguing with you--your last post demonstrated that your opinion on game balancing should be dismissed, as:

1) You do not have an understanding of the combo system

and

2) You make false claims on moves in the game and recommend adjustments based on those fallacies.

Please, go into practice mode and test those moves--see what you find. Don't take my word for it. *EDIT* Just checked Kitana's Fan Lift....oh my god, you couldn't be more wrong. Ermac's Force Lift has twice the range....wow man, you shouldn't spew those lies, people may think it's true.
Trini_Bwoi
05/14/2011 10:24 PM (UTC)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaMEVk1FNA

I think he waves his hands way slower now.
jagro
About Me

05/14/2011 10:42 PM (UTC)
@darkpassenger.

i said they were similar, not identical, to ermac's force lift.
why can't you see that different characters are good in different ways? if EVERY character had a force-lift equivalent move, every character would play the same. do you know how you can beat ermac with ease? stay well away from him. there you go, his force lift is automatically rendered useless, and many characters have far better projectiles and at least equal teleports.

it has a slow recovery time, it's easily blocked or jumped over. in terms of it being an anti-air (a point YOU raised), yes, it IS virtually the same as nightwolf's hatchet, kitana's fan lift and kung lao's spin. off the top of my head, shang tsung has THREE different ground skull things which, not only cover short, medium and long distances, but he can also use ALL THREE one after the other and bounce the opponent all the way to him, and THEN begin his juggle. more hits = more damage = better than ermac? by your logic at least.

in terms of being a ranged combo starter, what about scorpion's spear, or sub-zero's ice ball? they both start GUARANTEED combos, ermac's force lift does not.
TheDarkPassenger
05/14/2011 11:08 PM (UTC)
jagro Wrote:
@darkpassenger.

i said they were similar, not identical, to ermac's force lift.
why can't you see that different characters are good in different ways? if EVERY character had a force-lift equivalent move, every character would play the same..

I do see that different characters are good in different way, and I don't want every character to have a Force Lift equivalent move. I just said that Ermac could use a small damage tweak downward.

smokeman14
05/15/2011 12:39 AM (UTC)
Make Baraka and Sheeva better for god sakes.

Especaly Sheeva. Does we really need an animation of her laughing after a basic combo?

You what happend to balancing out the characters? Because of this flaw, Sheeva is nothing.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.