First patch to arrive with Scarlett DLC. ( Update ) Concept art alts. are coming.
posted05/16/2011 11:45 PM (UTC)by
KlTANA
About Me

By Ed boon live just now on the PDP feed. Ed Boon, the co-creator of Mortal Kombat, released some new details today regarding MK9 DLC. It sounds like a few problems that we mentioned are going to be addressed very soon. An exact date was not provided. According to Boon, Skarlet will be available as a playable character within the next month. It was also teased that there will be some “free stuff” included. In addition to that, certain characters will receive balance tweaks to go along with the new content. Thankfully, NetherRealm Studios is actually going to release patch notes this time around on the official MK website. It’s nice to know that the developers are listening to some of our concerns.

Thought you'd want to know.

EDIT: Update. Patch to correct lag, And many alts to come

TRMK post

Interesting.
skein
About Me
05/14/2011 11:36 PM (UTC)
does that mean, that she's free? or those that mean it will be out on the same date?
EcstasyTuesday
05/14/2011 11:36 PM (UTC)
Nice. Had to stop watching it was putting me to sleep sleep
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

05/14/2011 11:38 PM (UTC)
Live PDP feed?
KlTANA
About Me

05/14/2011 11:40 PM (UTC)
fijikungfu Wrote:
Live PDP feed?

The link is below in the PDP thread.

He said Skarlet comes with free stuff?

I'm sure a more official statement will follow.
Trini_Bwoi
05/14/2011 11:42 PM (UTC)
skein Wrote:
does that mean, that she's free? or those that mean it will be out on the same date?

Well you're gonna get her data for free but she probably won't be free.
-MtG-
05/14/2011 11:46 PM (UTC)
Ed Boon said that there will be an update in the coming weeks that will add Skarlet(and unlocked when buying the DLC). With this update there will be tweaks(a full list will come on themortalkombat.com) and a few free stuff as well.
Lurker_of_Rapture
About Me

I am a Lurker for Rapture. My lord Cthulhu will see you all conquered. JOIN THE CULT OF CTHULHU TODAY!!!

05/14/2011 11:56 PM (UTC)
-MtG- Wrote:
Ed Boon said that there will be an update in the coming weeks that will add Skarlet(and unlocked when buying the DLC). With this update there will be tweaks(a full list will come on themortalkombat.com) and a few free stuff as well.

So does that mean free Klassic Cyrax and Sektor winkgringringrin
ShaolinChuan
05/15/2011 12:08 AM (UTC)
Ah yes, finally.... give me my Kenshi.
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

05/15/2011 12:09 AM (UTC)
I really do think Skarlette should be free. I can see charging for Kenshi, since he's an established character, but she should be available without paying a dime.

But that's just my opinion.
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

05/15/2011 12:29 AM (UTC)
Hmm... no mentions of the more anticipated Kenshi?
jack4813
05/15/2011 02:25 AM (UTC)
fijikungfu Wrote:
Hmm... no mentions of the more anticipated Kenshi?

That's what I was thinking.

Are you by any chance a Celtics fan?
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

05/15/2011 02:29 AM (UTC)
The only thing that interests me here is the tweaks. I wonder if they will add new moves/combo's.
Rockchalk5477
05/15/2011 02:29 AM (UTC)
O Kenshi, Where Art Thou? sad

Glad to hear some news about DLC, though. Thanks, KITANA.
Spider804
05/15/2011 02:49 AM (UTC)
Where is Kenshi? I hope he didn't fall down an open manhole on his way to the DLC character auditions because he couldn't See where he was going, haha. wink
Diablix
05/15/2011 04:29 AM (UTC)
Spider804 Wrote:
Where is Kenshi? I hope he didn't fall down an open manhole on his way to the DLC character auditions because he couldn't See where he was going, haha. wink

im afraid his condition is far worse. He passed the audition but when he was on his way to PSN and Xbox live, too many people were watching 300 and he was accidentally kicked down a bottomless pit somewhere in Sparta
smokeman14
05/15/2011 04:42 AM (UTC)
I want some Fujin news.
Spider804
05/15/2011 05:00 AM (UTC)
Diablix Wrote:
Spider804 Wrote:

im afraid his condition is far worse. He passed the audition but when he was on his way to PSN and Xbox live, too many people were watching 300 and he was accidentally kicked down a bottomless pit somewhere in Sparta

Poor Kenshi, lol.
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
05/15/2011 05:04 AM (UTC)
smokeman14 Wrote:
I want some Fujin news.

As far as the foreseeable future goes, he's not going to be in the game DLC wise.
smokeman14
05/15/2011 05:05 AM (UTC)
SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
smokeman14 Wrote:
I want some Fujin news.

As far as the foreseeable future goes, he's not going to be in the game DLC wise.

Have you seen the evidace?
Disco_Diva
05/15/2011 05:18 AM (UTC)
Maybe in the patch she'll be added as a Hidden Kombatant even for those who didn't download her (you know, as a sort of introduction)?
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
I really do think Skarlette should be free. I can see charging for Kenshi, since he's an established character, but she should be available without paying a dime.

I disagree. The addition of Skarlet and other characters just remind me of the whole MK3/UMK/MKT thing. In short, additional content was paid for then, and so there's no real reason additional content shouldn't be paid for now.

However, if she's free that's awesome (and also a great way to have more people like her)! If she isn't, then it's no spilled milk. It's just business.
Diablix
05/15/2011 06:11 AM (UTC)
Disco_Diva Wrote:
Maybe in the patch she'll be added as a Hidden Kombatant even for those who didn't download her (you know, as a sort of introduction)?

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

I disagree. The addition of Skarlet and other characters just remind me of the whole MK3/UMK/MKT thing. In short, additional content was paid for then, and so there's no real reason additional content shouldn't be paid for now.

However, if she's free that's awesome (and also a great way to have more people like her)! If she isn't, then it's no spilled milk. It's just business.

i feel the same..im downloading her either way. She honestly looks like a character i can main with, and despite a lot of people disliking her, i think once they finally see the full skarlet in action thjey will warm up to her a bit lol
Balkan
About Me

05/15/2011 06:17 AM (UTC)
The game does need quite a bit of "tweaking", so I am curious just how much of a fix this content patch is. As noted in prior threads, I like MK9 but I am dismayed by how many minor flaws were left for the retail version.
KlTANA
About Me

05/15/2011 03:20 PM (UTC)
The latest....

A thread on TRMK with a supposed behind the scenes Ed Boon questionnaire, ( Guy's got pics with Ed ) Discussing lag patch and future character concept art.

TRMK post

raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

05/15/2011 07:31 PM (UTC)
I hope they give us something to spend our Koins on :)
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.