Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • December 16th, 2018
    Presenting Concert Footage & Interview with Kung Lao & Others! [Read On]
  • December 16th, 2018
    Motion Capture Artists Share Behind-The-Scenes Pics, Vids [Read On]
  • December 14th, 2018
    Best Buy Remove Liu Kang & Sub-Zero From MK11 Listing [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Record Speedrunner Beats MK3 In Under 5 Minutes [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Todd McFarlane Thinks Spawn Will Be in Mortal Kombat 11 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

MK11 Trailer MVP?
Raiden (31.7%)
Scorpion (20.1%)
Shao Kahn (21.1%)
Mystery Character (26.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/25/2011 06:29 PMStatus ::
Klassic Costume & Fatality DLC Coming Soon!

Klassic Jade!Klassic Scorpion!After months of speculation and vague references, confirmation has finally come from the face of NetherRealm Studios himself, Ed Boon: Klassic Costumes and Fatalities are coming to downloadable content servers soon!

On the subject, Boon tweeted:

The 7 Klassic outfits & 3 Klassic fatalities that were retailer exclusives will be bundled into one DLC package. Trailer coming on Friday.

Classic costumes inspired Mortal Kombat and Mortal Komabt 3 for Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Kitana, Mileena and Jade have thus far been available as part of exclusive deals for purchases of Mortal Kombat and other items [ie; Blu-Ray DVDs].

Limited supply and high demand has seen codes for the extras fetch high amounts on auction sites like eBay, while unaffiliated scam sites have risen to take advantage of the interest [full story]. Details regarding availability of the content pack can be expected Friday, with a promotional trailer.

More DLC is expected in the near future, with much speculation regarding absent 'secret' character, Skarlet, and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance's Kenshi, believed to be among the coming additions. Toys 'R' Us recently published a premature announcement of DLC, which is speculated to have been allegedly delayed in part due to persisting problems with the PlayStation Network. No such confirmation has been made, but with services returning to normal, there should be no problems accessing new content on the PlayStation 3 format.

Mortal Kombat Online will continue to follow DLC stories as they develop, with the official trailer, Friday. For direct updates follow us on Twitter, @MK_Online!

Sea_SerpentPosted: 05/25/2011 06:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::10320
Nationality::United States
RE: Klassic Costume & Fatality DLC Coming Soon!

this will surely upset some folks who went onto ebay paying lots of money for some of the codes...

but I'll be happy if its very cheap. Under $3 please!

goosu2006Posted: 05/25/2011 06:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::121

to be quite honest, i hope they dont charge us a penny! Most of this stuff is already on disc. Thats part of why i didnt really go far in MvC 3. If they charge even one dollar, im not buying it

Disco_DivaPosted: 05/25/2011 06:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::809

AWESOME! I hope it is a dollar just to piss everyone off.

Plus, this means that everyone who bought the MK movies on blu-ray have a random jade lying around for no damn reason.

Spike81Posted: 05/25/2011 06:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::5067
Nationality::Netherlands

I believe Boon already hinted before that not all DLC will be paid DLC. I think this might be a free one since it is already on the disc.

WeaponTheoryPosted: 05/25/2011 06:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::540

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
More DLC is expected in the near future, with much speculation regarding absent 'secret' character, Skarlet, and Mortal Kombat: Deception's Kenshi, believed to be among the coming additions.

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Mortal Kombat: Deception's Kenshi

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Mortal Kombat: Deception

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Kenshi

"We must stop this DEADLY ALLIANCE!"

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
WeaponTheoryPosted: 05/25/2011 07:07 PMStatus ::

Disco_Diva Wrote:Plus, this means that everyone who bought the MK movies on blu-ray have a random jade lying around for no damn reason.

Humor me. What makes you think that?

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
iAmEFFeXPosted: 05/25/2011 07:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::483

I don't really mind if it's paid, but free would be better. I"ll drop $5 on it if necessary.

Darth_FatsoPosted: 05/25/2011 07:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::456

I'm just waiting for a date on when we'll get the DLC for Skarlet and Kenshi. I'm also praying we get a DLC that makes Shao Kahn, Kintaro and Goro playable characters.

Photobucket
BalkanPosted: 05/25/2011 08:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::636

If the klassic dlc stuff is free, cool. If not, pass; I refuse to pay for stuff that is clearly already on the disc.

echofanPosted: 05/25/2011 09:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::807

After having a few hours to stew over this announcement I am finally excited to have these kostumes available. I hope we get some more news on OTHER dlc coming out soon **cough**skarlet!!!**cough cough**

All about MK DLK.
ThisIsMadness91Posted: 05/26/2011 12:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::462
Nationality::United Kingdom

I'll be pretty sour if they make us pay for this, especially since those of us who decide not to buy it will be stuck with hidden Fatalities on Reptile, Scorpion and Sub-Zero's move lists. It would be worth paying for if it weren't already on the disk.

Then again, maybe I'm being too pessimistic. Maybe they'll be true to their word and not charge for unlocking content. When DLC is announced, one of the first pieces of info revealed is usually the cost (at least from what I've seen), and they haven't mentioned it yet.

JMattCPosted: 05/26/2011 01:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::67

Darth_Fatso Wrote:
I'm just waiting for a date on when we'll get the DLC for Skarlet and Kenshi. I'm also praying we get a DLC that makes Shao Kahn, Kintaro and Goro playable characters.

Agreed. I too would like to see the boss characters made playable!

Disco_DivaPosted: 05/26/2011 02:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::809

WeaponTheory Wrote:
Disco_Diva Wrote:Plus, this means that everyone who bought the MK movies on blu-ray have a random jade lying around for no damn reason.

If the klassic pack is free, why would anyone want a code just for her? o_0 Plus, using one of the codes means the second code is pointless. THUS, the second code in the blu-rays for those who bought it are pointless once this is released.

TotalRejectPosted: 05/26/2011 02:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::639
Nationality::Netherlands

They're bundled as a package?
I'm really hoping they'll also be sold seperatly (like LBP DLC for example) since a lot of people already have one or two (or more) of the klassics. It seems kind of unfair to charge them the same amount of money as the rest since they mostly already bought/pre-ordered KE or TE editions and DVD's. I know we all wanted that stuff anyway, but we all have the kodes already and since PSN went down most of us haven't even had the chance to redeem our codes.
And then there's also the people that just want a single or just some of the characters/costumes. I always disliked the way Capcom offers their costumes for SFIV and MvC3. You HAVE to buy a 5 euro - 7 euro package containing 5 costumes even if you just like one of them.

This all wouldn't matter if it's free DLC ofcourse but I can't really imagine WB allowing NRS to not charge us for that stuff. I know Ed and his team would like to offer us this for free, but at this point there's no telling what the big bosses at WB will decide.

Espio872Posted: 05/26/2011 02:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::1075

I can't wait for Kenshi and I will try out Skarlett as well if she's bundled with him, but when it comes to the classic costumes, they're already on the disc, if they're not free I'll pass on them.

Spider804Posted: 05/26/2011 02:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::6938

I already have Toasty because of the costume glitch, that's really all I wanted anyway, so I'm passing on these.

Darkmage41Posted: 05/26/2011 03:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::916
Nationality::Australia

I hope they include classic costumes and fatalties for all, I’d kill to perform Sonya’s classic Kiss fatality, she needs it really badly.

-
Tazer_GunshotPosted: 05/26/2011 07:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::572
Nationality::Canada

I can see that Shao Kahn, Goro and Kintaro will be playable in the near future via dlc.

7- Klassic Kostumes?

1-Scorpion
2-Sub-Zero
3-Reptile
4-Mileena
5-Jade
6-Kitana
7-Smoke or Ermac?

Really, why aren't the ladies getting their MK2 klassic's? Scorpy/Subby/Reppy, their pallettes weren't quilted back in MK1 or MK2.

3 Fatalities

Scorpion- Toasty (the crappy one)- should be the MK1 or MK2 Toasty!
Sub-Zero- Spine Rip
Reptile- Tounge Lash

Gillbob316Posted: 05/26/2011 07:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::4353

Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
Scorpy/Subby/Reppy, their pallettes weren't quilted back in MK1 or MK2.

Yes they were.

The sprites were of a lower overall quality, so it was harder to see, but the tunics WERE quilted in MK1 and MK2. The Klassic Kostumes are quite accurate to the original MK1 costumes.

The quilting in MK1 is easiest to see on Scorpion's shoulder in his character select portrait, or in the "test your might" sprites, especially around the "loincloth" area.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
WeaponTheoryPosted: 05/27/2011 04:31 PMStatus ::

Disco_Diva Wrote:
WeaponTheory Wrote:

If the klassic pack is free, why would anyone want a code just for her? o_0 Plus, using one of the codes means the second code is pointless. THUS, the second code in the blu-rays for those who bought it are pointless once this is released.

Eh, I understand now, it's just you didn't mention some key elements.

Mainly, the fact that the PSN store is still down.
If people bought the Blu Ray after the PSN got shutdown in high hopes that it would be back up "the next day", yeah it would be useless if it did turn out to be free.

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
JhonnyPosted: 05/27/2011 06:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::1882
Nationality::Sweden

I cannot understand why they're not putting Smoke and Noob Saibot in the pack. They are in the game... Their classic ninja outfits that is.

-
Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.