advent68
About Me
NetherRealm Studios Please Release a UMK3 Ninja Outfits Pack
08/09/2011 06:29 AM (UTC)
Ion3008 Wrote:
advent68 Wrote:
EDIT: Alright advent I've gotta ask did you color swap all those ninjas?

grin

Yeah LOL How else would you do it

Awesome. Would it be possible to ask for a Dark skinned Ermac?

I'll give it a try I haven't really ever change skin tone in photoshop and made it look good but if I do I'll post it. I'm going to use the UMK3 ermac bio image as a reference so that about as dark as I would make it. EDIT: Here you got I really tried not to make it orange but it hard.
chameleon84
About Me

Thanks totheark for the sig

08/09/2011 07:04 AM (UTC)
advent68 Wrote:
Ion3008 Wrote:
advent68 Wrote:
EDIT: Alright advent I've gotta ask did you color swap all those ninjas?

grin

Yeah LOL How else would you do it

Awesome. Would it be possible to ask for a Dark skinned Ermac?

I'll give it a try I haven't really ever change skin tone in photoshop and made it look good but if I do I'll post it. I'm going to use the UMK3 ermac bio image as a reference so that about as dark as I would make it.

big ask but could you please separate them into individual renders then link them, thanks.
Xorch
08/09/2011 07:21 AM (UTC)
advent68 Wrote:
This is a Request Thread to get UMK3 Ninja Outfits in MK9

I figured I would make a thread about this because while reading other topics there seems to be a good amount of people who really want this. So Write a message below asking for a UMK3 Ninja Pack. Who knows it might just work because at the interview with Ed at Comic-Con he did say if there is high demand and the other DLC sold well they might do more.

So here is Ed's and the Official MK Twitter send them a tweet request this UMK3 Ninja Pack.

Ed's Twitter

Official MK

Also if you are just gonna Hate don't bother posting.

Count me as a vote for YES! I'd love to have the UMK3 ninja skins for all of the ninjas - including Rain (hopefully) because that was the ninja costume he first appeared in. I'd also like to see an MK2 male ninja pack as well to give the remaining ninjas their MK2 costumes following the release of Smoke and Noob's retro MK2 costumes released with compatibility pack #2. Also I'd like to see Mileena get her MK2 costume. But they could likely include that with the MK2 ninja pack if that became reality.
advent68
About Me
08/09/2011 07:23 AM (UTC)
chameleon84 Wrote:
big ask but could you please separate them into individual renders then link them, thanks.

Here you go Enjoy wink

Ermac
Darker Skin Ermac
Noob
Smoke
Rain
Reptile
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Ermacs
About Me

08/09/2011 07:56 AM (UTC)
Johnny-Eyeball Wrote:
Lol. No.
There will be a second costume pack. This is an indisputable fact.
NRS did not make MKII Kitana and Jade without any plans for MKII Mileena. They did not bother making an MK3 ninja skin without expecting to reuse it. This simply didn't happen.
At the absolute bear minimum, a second costume pack will be made. You've got to be pretty thick not to grasp that. It's painfully obvious to the point where anyone denying it is laughable.

Show me the valitity to all these FACTS you are claiming. I never laid claim to what I said was a fact. Proof to me that what you are saying are facts, and I will happily take back what I said.
advent68 Wrote:
Darker Skin Ermac
Rain

At least I can now see what they would look like.

They'll never be in the game though...

sad

Well I CAN hope for Rain but farewell BlackMac.

Personally I'm not a big fan of UMK3 ninjas (Except for Rain and Ermac) but that doesn't mean I don't want them in. Let the fans who grew up with the UMK3 ninjas get them so they can be joyous just like I was getting MK1 Reptile and MK2 Kitana.

We're pretty complete with MK1 guys and MK3 gals.
We're close to finishing up the MK2 ninjas/ninjettes. 1 Klassic skins pack could wrap all of that up nicely. *cough* MK2 Skarlet *cough*

Only thing left is the UMK3 ninjas and since that's a lot of Ninjas that could be one more Skins pack as well *cough* MK3 Rain *cough*

MK3 Sub-Zero isn't looking likely anymore though.

Oh well.
chameleon84
About Me

08/09/2011 11:34 AM (UTC)
advent68 Wrote:
chameleon84 Wrote:

Here you go Enjoy wink

Ermac
Darker Skin Ermac
Noob
Smoke
Rain
Reptile
Scorpion
Sub-Zero

awsome your a legend
Hitori
08/09/2011 01:10 PM (UTC)
....if only. well, heres hoping ^_^
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
08/09/2011 03:19 PM (UTC)
This is kind of like petitioning for the sun to come up tomorrow.
jagro
About Me

08/09/2011 03:58 PM (UTC)
i respect other people's opinions, BUT, answer me this.

why, why oh WHY, do people want MORE classic ninja outfits (when we already have the virtually identical mk1outfits) when nrs COULD be spending their time making brand NEW alternate costumes for EVERYBODY? i dont give two shits about scorpion's various classic costumes, however i certainly wouldnt mind a another new and interesting alternate costume for, say, kung lao or ermac.
Xorch
08/10/2011 02:35 AM (UTC)
jagro Wrote:

why, why oh WHY, do people want MORE classic ninja outfits (when we already have the virtually identical mk1outfits) when nrs COULD be spending their time making brand NEW alternate costumes for EVERYBODY? i dont give two shits about scorpion's various classic costumes, however i certainly wouldnt mind a another new and interesting alternate costume for, say, kung lao or ermac.

First off I fully respect your opinion of not wanting anymore classic ninja costumes as there certainly are a-lot available currently. But the UMK3 ninja costumes were a popular look in the history of MK ninjas so it's no surprise that many people have been requesting them. But it's not like NRS has to do tremendous amounts of work to make that UMK3 ninja pack a reality. Just take a look at the unmasked Sub Zero released in the latest compatibility pack; the UMK3 costume is pretty much done. All they would have to do is add the mask and pallet swap it to all the different ninja's color schemes and call it a day. So asking for the UMK3 ninja costume pack for the remaining ninjas isn't totally unrealistic. The same goes for the MK2 ninja costume released for Smoke and Noob. (Which I suspect that both the MK2 and UMK3 ninja costumes were created and likely finished during the principal development of the game.)

But I totally sympathize with you in wishing that there could be more retro/original alternates released for other (non ninja) characters but for the time being it's looking more likely that it won't be happening. (unless they have more DLC costumes in the pipe that they've kept quiet about.) I personally would love MK3 Kung Lao's retro, MK2 Jax's (before the bionic arms), MK2 Shang Tsung's retro, Cage's MK1 retro, Sonya's MK3 retro or Sub Zero's MK Deception costume. But I also wouldn't mind the UMK3 and MK2 ninja costume packs if they were released. But I honestly think if NRS could keep a small group of people dedicated to completing and releasing
future DLC for MK (2011) be it new characters, costumes, arenas or various online/gameplay tweaks, it would significantly increase the life of an already great game.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

08/10/2011 02:49 AM (UTC)
They better be free. Paying $5 for color swaps is a rip off.
advent68
About Me
08/10/2011 04:48 AM (UTC)
Xorch Wrote:

First off I fully respect your opinion of not wanting anymore classic ninja costumes as there certainly are a-lot available currently. But the UMK3 ninja costumes were a popular look in the history of MK ninjas so it's no surprise that many people have been requesting them. But it's not like NRS has to do tremendous amounts of work to make that UMK3 ninja pack a reality. Just take a look at the unmasked Sub Zero released in the latest compatibility pack; the UMK3 costume is pretty much done. All they would have to do is add the mask and pallet swap it to all the different ninja's color schemes and call it a day. So asking for the UMK3 ninja costume pack for the remaining ninjas isn't totally unrealistic. The same goes for the MK2 ninja costume released for Smoke and Noob. (Which I suspect that both the MK2 and UMK3 ninja costumes were created and likely finished during the principal development of the game.)

But I totally sympathize with you in wishing that there could be more retro/original alternates released for other (non ninja) characters but for the time being it's looking more likely that it won't be happening. (unless they have more DLC costumes in the pipe that they've kept quiet about.) I personally would love MK3 Kung Lao's retro, MK2 Jax's (before the bionic arms), MK2 Shang Tsung's retro, Cage's MK1 retro, Sonya's MK3 retro or Sub Zero's MK Deception costume. But I also wouldn't mind the UMK3 and MK2 ninja costume packs if they were released. But I honestly think if NRS could keep a small group of people dedicated to completing and releasing
future DLC for MK (2011) be it new characters, costumes, arenas or various online/gameplay tweaks, it would significantly increase the life of an already great game.

This ^^^^ grin
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

08/10/2011 06:01 AM (UTC)
jagro Wrote:

Simply because it's not time consuming since they already created the character model.
All they have to do is palette swap and they're done.
Creating brand new models for every other character that wasn't a palette swap in the old games is too much time to the point that "why bother?". Especially since they are working on Mortal Kombat 10.

Think about it.

How could NRS make MK10 and still put out DLC for MK9 and still satisfy the fans/consumers?
By making their life easier by palette swapping already made skin models.

I too would like to see new alternates for non ninja characters, but I know that would take months to design, so I'm not holding my breath about it.
chameleon84
About Me

08/10/2011 08:11 AM (UTC)
advent68 Wrote:
chameleon84 Wrote:

Here you go Enjoy wink

Ermac
Darker Skin Ermac
Noob
Smoke
Rain
Reptile
Scorpion
Sub-Zero

could you please add and link these please,
Teal=Chameleon (His MK:A render attire)
Brown=Tremor
Pink=Pinklet
Maroon=Grandmaster
Orange=Wu Lae
Indigo=Hydro
White=Tundra
CyberDemon13
08/10/2011 04:50 PM (UTC)
I hope they don't just use the MK2 mask for the UMK3 retros; they're ugly. grin
advent68
About Me
08/10/2011 04:52 PM (UTC)
CyberDemon13 Wrote:
I hope they don't just use the MK2 mask for the UMK3 retros; they're ugly. grin

At this point I really wouldn't care just as long as we get them.
xXmyxxmastaXx
About Me

retro smoke= purple Klassic cyrax easy money NRS

08/10/2011 05:45 PM (UTC)
OP you have the sexiest looking Sig i have ever seen. my god that thing is beautiful.
DeadlyAllience
About Me

No one can stop this Deadly Alliance! GT: PrimBloodGhost

08/10/2011 07:26 PM (UTC)
NO MORE NINJA COSTUMES, NO MORE!!!! WE HAVE OTHER FIGHTERS PEOPLE LOVE TO SEE CATERED TOO, AND NOT ALL OF US ARE NINJA GROUPIES!!! furiousfuriousfurious
8CBARNETT
08/10/2011 07:44 PM (UTC)
Yesterday while lookin for Freddy I saw that The pack with all the MK1 male ninjas and the MK3 girl it is labled Klassic Pack 1 so im sure they'll come. But honestly I hope they give Rain Noob Smoke there MK1. Scorpion Subbie Ermac Reptile Rain there MK2 and Mileena and Skarlett there MK2 and all the UMK3 an give Subbie his UMK3 Masked version as well as unmasked and Skarlett her UMK3
MortalSidd
08/10/2011 09:21 PM (UTC)
8CBARNETT Wrote:
Yesterday while lookin for Freddy I saw that The pack with all the MK1 male ninjas and the MK3 girl it is labled Klassic Pack 1 so im sure they'll come. But honestly I hope they give Rain Noob Smoke there MK1. Scorpion Subbie Ermac Reptile Rain there MK2 and Mileena and Skarlett there MK2 and all the UMK3 an give Subbie his UMK3 Masked version as well as unmasked and Skarlett her UMK3

not that I'm against it but I don't see a reason for characters that weren't in mk1 or mk2 to get mk1 and mk2 costumes, it's bad enough non-ninja characters haven't gotten any retros yet, which I hope they do.
chameleon84
About Me

08/12/2011 07:58 AM (UTC)
MortalSidd Wrote:
8CBARNETT Wrote:

not that I'm against it but I don't see a reason for characters that weren't in mk1 or mk2 to get mk1 and mk2 costumes, it's bad enough non-ninja characters haven't gotten any retros yet, which I hope they do.

If they can give Cyber Sub Zero a MK3 Cyber Klassic then every ninja is fair game weather they're male, female or cyber, although I do want all MK1-MK Vs DCU Kostumes for all characters.
progdog
08/12/2011 08:09 AM (UTC)
I would love an UMK3 skin pack. As long as it includes Noob Saibot, Smoke and Rain. I think a lot of people would be very annoyed if it came out and only included Reptile, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Ermac.
ehhh Just because we got MK3 Cyber Zero doesn't mean we'll be getting MK2 Rain and Ermac.

Otherwise IF that were the case they would've released MK1 Smoke and MK1 Noob with the Reptile, Scorpion, and Sub-Zero skins. And they would've joined the rest of the skins as preorder bonuses.

MK2 Skarlet should happen because that's where the rumors started. In Mortal Kombat 2 just like with Ermac and his MK1 costume.

In Cyber Zero's case he badly needed an alternate costume...something, ANYTHING and I'm pretty sure they must've been like:

NRS Employee #1: Looks like some fans are requesting an alternate for Cyber Sub-Zero

NRS Employee #2: We have the model for the Retro MK3 cyborgs, right? Let's just turn it blue and voila! alternate costume!

And you know what? that's just fine.
advent68
About Me
08/12/2011 08:50 AM (UTC)
8CBARNETT Wrote:

I don't really see them giving Ninjas that weren't in that specific game an outfit. (Ermac was a glitch in MK1 so that makes sense) But then again they did give Cyber Sub Zero a retro so I guess it's possible.

MK1: Noob, Smoke, Rain

MK2: Ermac, Rain

But with the UMK3 outfits there really isn't any excuse they were all in it they should all get one even Rain. Sure he was DLC but if they release his outfit in the pack too it gives people more a reason to buy him.
Oh and one more thing has anyone else noticed they don't ever use UMK3 for the costume name. An Example would be the Female Ninjas there outfits should say UMK3 instead of MK3. I wonder if the menu exist is the game or not, if not that’s bad news for UMK3 Subzero outfit
sad
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.