Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 3

quevePosted: 08/23/2011 03:16 PMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat 10, MK: Arcade Kollection, and 3 MK-Royalty HD renders!

In an extensive article and interesting interview with the Official Xbox Magazine, Ed Boon, co-creator of Mortal Kombat, spoke briefly about NetherRealm Studio's plans for the future installments in the successful franchise. From the interview:

"We’re going to at least have a conversation about a sequel, but we certainly haven’t started or planned out anything,” offers Boon. “I would love to see another one come out in the not-too-distant future. At the same time, I personally wouldn’t want to release one really fast — like next year — because I think you can oversaturate [the market], especially having released a game that’s doing exceptionally well. I would really want to give it time to breathe"

It appears that work on MK 10 hasn't began and that NRS seems to be serious about "exploring other opportunities beyond the fighting genre" (as they told OXM in their interview).

Whether this refers to a new non-fighting game based on Mortal Kombat or a completely new series-franchise is yet to be confirmed. For now, we can all be happy to know that a sequel to MK(2011) is definitely likely and that one of their main priorities is the quality of the game.

On another note, Mortal Kombat's Official Facebook Page has confirmed that the Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection will be available for download this August 30th in North America. It will then be available globally on the 31st. Warner Bros. has issued a press release:

Welcome back to where it all began! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will officially be available for download in the United States on August 30, 2011. Launching on PlayStation®Network for $9.99, this will mark the first time the original Mortal Kombat arcade trilogy - Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - have been brought together in a single collection. On the next day, August 31, 2011, the game will also be available globally for PSN, for Xbox Live (800 MS Points) and PC ($9.99).

Developed by Other Ocean in conjunction with NetherRealm studios, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will feature online play, leader boards, achievements and trophies, as well as offering fans the chance to play through the games in their original arcade state. For more information about Mortal Kombat, please visit www.themortalkombat.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mortalkombat or on Twitter @MK_Mortalkombat

Rigo Cortes, from NetherRealm Studios has told us that some new footage covering the MK: Arcade Kollection will be released today by Pulse PlayStation, so, keep a look out for coming updates!

For now, you can check out a new video with some brief footage (featuring Scorpion and Sub-Zero [MK1], Raiden and Liu Kang [MK2], and Sonya Blade and Kano [MKU]) in their website.

MKAK 1MKAK 2MKAK 3
MKAK 4

Their video confirms that the Kollection is enhanced with Online Play, Leader boards, and Trophies!

Rigo has also told us that he is working on a MKast video concerning the MK:AK.

Finally, Rigo has sent us over three HD renders featuring the Royal Woman of Mortal Kombat: Sindel, Kitana, and Mileena!

Sindel HD
Mileena HD
Kitana FIXED HD

Though she was first confirmed back in December 2010, Queen Sindel's render never received an official release. This is most certainly a nice and lovely treat to all the MK fans. We hope that this means that the rest of the many character renders that were not officially released will be revealed soon in all their HD glory.

Kitana's render file was originally corrupted and featured some anomalies, but, we have now received the corrected file in order to make this update. Though Kitana's and Mileena's renders were officially released back in January, this is the first time we get to see them in their full HD dimensions.

A big thanks to Rigo, Mortal Kombat's Community Manager, for giving us this lovely treat. We appreciate these renders and we can't wait to collect the rest of the pending ones!

Thanks to forum members flawlessvictoryfatality, MKRAYDEN, and John for their heads up concerning the MK Arcade Kollection and the OXM Interview!

Keep up to date with all things concerning Mortal Kombat by following us over on Twitter at @MK_Online or by liking us over on our Facebook Page.

Think you've got a news story? Send your submissions to our MKO Newslead.

ZmokePosted: 08/23/2011 03:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::1072
Nationality::Finland
RE: Mortal Kombat 10, MK: Arcade Kollection, and 3 MK-Royalty HD renders!

Perhaps NetherRealm Studios is scheming on a new hack n' slash game like Shaolin Monks was. It's good to know that Mortal Kombat is in good hands now nevertheless.

smokeman14Posted: 08/23/2011 03:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::6406
Nationality::United States

All I can really say is....yay.

[Killswitch]Posted: 08/23/2011 03:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::19267

Damn it! The time I don't have 800 MS points...

Meh, I'll get the money hopefully in a couple of weeks. This is great news though. Sindel looks stunning in her HD render and I hope that EVERY character gets the same treatment. I want the Baraka and Kano renders so bad.

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
jadeinchainsPosted: 08/23/2011 03:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::832
Nationality::Scotland

Ed said months ago people where working on the story of MK10! THAT TROLL!!!!!

quevePosted: 08/23/2011 03:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

Finally got all the pictures and renders working, you guys.

The system can be a bit of a headache sometimes, so, my apologies about the first mistakes.

I'm excited about MK10 and MK:AK, but, I am seriously sad to hear that it might take a huge year till we finally see MK10 happen.

And concerning the Sindel render and possible future renders:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About time!

Seriously, one of my biggest disappointments about our journey to MK9 was the complete and utter lack of character renders and character promotion and treats like we used to get before. The majority of the characters (some with more than 2 official renders!) did not even get an official HQ/HD release any of their renders or concept art.

That was always something lovely to look forward to. Once a character was confirmed/announced, their HD/HQ render + some kind of special video featuring X character followed the announcement. It was always super great for discussion and the suspense of anticipation of who would be next.

This time?.....not so much. It all got reduced to the annoying Scorpion and Sub-Zero being overexposed and the other few characters from the official website getting "their special promotional month". Almost everyone else got reduced to lame magazine reveals (in different parts of the world) or even pathetic tiny screenshot reveals.

Lets hope Rigo keeps sending us more updates featuring the rest of the cast. This is something many fans have loved to see/get since the beginning and it is greatly appreciated.

BADASS6669Posted: 08/23/2011 03:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

I don't ever believe what ed says. as for MK:AK big woop would rather more MK9 DLC Yes I will get it only because I will be able to sell my Super Nintendo & N64

But its not HD and that sucks

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
(Erik)Posted: 08/23/2011 03:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::26952
Nationality::Ireland

I wonder what happened to the HD Kollection. With the new Kung Lao.

quevePosted: 08/23/2011 03:51 PMStatus ::

NEWS ARTICLE UPDATED!

Now featuring Warner Bros. Official Press release.

(Erik) Wrote:
I wonder what happened to the HD Kollection. With the new Kung Lao.

It was sadly cancelled. Apparently they had some difficulties so it was put on hold.

I don't know, I still hope that they will give it another try soon. A user around here had some inside information from a reliable source and he confirmed this (he was someone who is known for being right about what his source says).

I would have loved to see that come to life. It would have been glorious and, honestly, like 3 whole new mk games to play with.

WeaponTheoryPosted: 08/23/2011 04:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::540

....I wouldn't be surprised if this was Playstation 3 only. *edit* NVM

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
mkwhopperPosted: 08/23/2011 04:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::4514

I'm happy and sad at the same time.
Happy: MK Arcade Kollection is coming out soon.
Sad: $5 left in the PS Store

raidenthefridgePosted: 08/23/2011 04:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

Other Genres you say?

A Shaolin Monks Esque game? :D:D

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
quevePosted: 08/23/2011 04:42 PMStatus ::

raidenthefridge Wrote:
Other Genres you say?

A Shaolin Monks Esque game? :D:D

That would be absolutely amazing (as long as it featured new playable characters)!

Maybe an adventure / shooter game based around the events of MK3's invasion or based on the MKDA-MKD plot. It would be fantastic!

I keep saying, we need an MK game that works like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, God of War, or Batman Arkham Asylum, for example.

We really do.

wdm6789Posted: 08/23/2011 04:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::22

They should have added the designs on Kitana's fans.

I know I know Mileena is "of royal blood" but I dont consider her to be one of the "royal" characters.

ShaolinChuanPosted: 08/23/2011 04:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::14903

I loved Shaolin Monks. Played it through numerous times. Sadly it's lifespan was very short due to the release of next gen consoles that arrived around the time of the games release. It's a shame that the game was still one of the last titles developed for last gen and never got backwards compatible. I have to store my big ass xbox in the closet just for it. Hopefully it will get emulated one day.

If it means we're getting an MK adventure game, Ed has hinted before that they had a project called fire and ice but canned it due to leaving Midway. That game was going to be based on Scorpion and Subzero. Maybe they'll work on it again? Only time will tell.

Jaded-RavenPosted: 08/23/2011 04:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

queve Wrote:

About time!

My thoughts exactly! Nice to finally see Sindel in her glorious render. It is quite beautiful. ^^

MEGAFIREPosted: 08/23/2011 05:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::1123

I don't get the renders thing. Who cares? You've already seen the characters in game.

NRS please make a MK FPS to compete with COD!!!! (Just kidding)

And finally, I'm seriously contemplating getting this arcade kollection.

Mortal Kombat -------------------------- 7/10
Mortal Kombat II --------------------- 9.5/10
Mortal Kombat 3 --------------------- 7.5/10
Mortal Kombat 4 ----------------------- 6/10
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - 10/10
Mortal Kombat: Deception ---------- 8/10
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ------ 4/10
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe -- 7/10
Mortal Kombat (2011) -------------- 9.5/10
UNdiscoveredPosted: 08/23/2011 05:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::321
Nationality::Canada

how much is the hd collection in dollars

and also is doesnt look really hd

anyways i hope the next mk game to take a break from just straight up figting and go for an adventure mksm style but with different characters

mkwhopperPosted: 08/23/2011 05:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::4514

UNdiscovered Wrote:

anyways i hope the next mk game to take a break from just straight up figting and go for an adventure mksm style but with different characters

$9.99($10) for MK Arcade Kollection

Megalomaniacal1984Posted: 08/23/2011 05:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::160

I really want to see a Stryker and Quan Chi Render!!!

photo tumblr_m2h2uugQYj1qcb5fko1_400.gif
quevePosted: 08/23/2011 06:20 PMStatus ::

NEWS UPDATED:

We just got a word from Rigo saying that the MK:KA will be available August 30th
in the USA and the 31st in the rest of the world!

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
queve Wrote:

About time!

My thoughts exactly! Nice to finally see Sindel in her glorious render. It is quite beautiful. ^^

*high-five!*

BTW, I miss your awesome posts, Jaded. I haven't seen you around in forever.

MEGAFIRE Wrote:
I don't get the renders thing. Who cares? You've already seen the characters in game.

A lot of people do, actually.

It was one of the best things to look forward to.

UNdiscoveredPosted: 08/23/2011 06:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::321

mkwhopper Wrote:
UNdiscovered Wrote:

$9.99($10) for MK Arcade Kollection

nice ill be getting that sure

JAX007Posted: 08/23/2011 06:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581

I like the borders here much better than the awful looking ones for PSN MK2 or UMK3 360.

tothearkPosted: 08/23/2011 06:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::3196

queve Wrote:
we need an MK game that works like Tomb Raider

I can see that...I mean, we already have a character that looks like her.

I don't care what type of game we get for the years to come, I want this one to tell a story; a story in which isn't diluted with unnecessary nonsense and gives us more answers then questions.

In other news, looks like I'll be playing the Arcade Kollection before school starts the day after. #winning

Espio872Posted: 08/23/2011 06:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::1075

I have never and I mean never gotten to play MK1, I was a baby when it came out, so that in and of itself is a treat for me, I can finally say I've played every single main game in the franchise, all I need is for MK4 to be released and I'll have them all.

This is such great news, cannot wait to pick this up and I happen to have 11 dollars on my PSN account already.

I'm also loving the official render releases, keep em coming.

And it has UMK3, would have liked Trilogy, but before anybody gets mad, it's not a major complaint, just a preference, as it gave us Rain, Baraka, Johnny Cage and everyone else combined, but regardless this is going to be so boss:)

Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.