Whats the BEST / COOLEST thing to have ever come from Mortal Kombat???
posted11/05/2011 11:34 AM (UTC)by
krsx66
If you imagine the scale and scope of everything ever released connected to MK, from ALL the games to the lunch boxes to the movies to the comics, action figures, soundtracks, posters, TV commercials, side games, live shows, halloween costumes, cartoons, Conquest, the list goes on and on. And on and on and on...

However, with this thread, I'd just like to hear what people think has been THE BEST thing ever to come from Mortal Kombat's creation?

Perhaps an original MK1 cabinet, with the awesome side decals harkening to Jean-Claude Van Damme and Bloodsport, that which started it all?

Maybe Sub Zero's mask, Shang Tsung's coat or Kano's knife from the first MK movie??? Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa's Shang or Trevor Goddard's portrayl of Kano? The movie itself?

How about the MK2 commercial with a mean looking Shao Kahn bashing his way through a forest, Reptile in the desert, Kitana, Baraka and Sub Zero fighting in what looks like a sewer?

The Deadpool?

What about MKD or MK:SM's badass intros?

Chinese Ninja Warrior by the immortals?

Reiko's MK4 ending?
Fighting Reptile in MK1?

Shinnok's true demon form in MK: Mythologies?

Or something as simple as MK giving birth to Kung Lao, Goro or one of countless cool characters that have been introduced over the years.

Sub Zero's MK3 ice clone, that could freeze a blocking opponent?

Arcade UMK3?

For me personally, and I find this kind of ironically funny since it's a byproduct of one of the worst things ever connected to Mortal Kombat, but the Mortal Kombat Annhilation Sountrack tops my list.
Song after song kicks ass, and I can't think how many times I've listened to it. I still listen to many of the songs today, after what, 14 years? It's a shame it's attributed to such a dark part of MK's past.
However, I love it above else.

How about you?

Have at it.
Zmoke
10/16/2011 02:00 PM (UTC)
It's the newest Mortal Kombat game to me with the real introduction of Human Smoke finally to end my long-lasting endeavor to bring Human Smoke to 3D gameplay. More importantly, the changes in MK2011 compared to previous games in terms of gameplay makes it the best.
cagedrage
About Me
gamertag: jeeringjunk
10/16/2011 05:23 PM (UTC)
smoke not being a cyborg. now the cycle of him being someone's bitch can finally end. oh, now he's quan chi's bitch sad
CyberDemon13
10/16/2011 06:30 PM (UTC)
Reptile's Theme from the first MK movie! Just badass, the whole scene, really. The Mortal Kombat Theme song (from the first move; the one from Annihilation was just terrible) is also great, and, it's recognizable by even non-MK buffs. smile
Nimation
11/05/2011 12:55 AM (UTC)
Scorpion's existence is the coooolest thing... Forget the rest furious
Nephrite
11/05/2011 11:34 AM (UTC)
krsx66 Wrote:
Reiko's MK4 ending?

Really? wow

Hmmm... Well, even though my faves are Fujin and Kitana, I always thought Sub-Zero is an all around (gameplay, story, design) fantastic character and the best thing MK has ever done.

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Then Cyber Sub-Zero happened... Tsk, tsk, tsk...
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.