Icebaby
01/30/2014 10:06 PM (UTC)
I don't own Xbox, so I won't be able to play this game.

However, their art book is really cool, I suggest you fans to get it. They have Jago, Dark Jago, Saberwolf, Galcius, Thunder, Orchid, Sadira, Spinal, and Fulgore. They also showcase character levels too and comparing them to the older games' arenas.

Thought this was worth mentioning to anyone that was interested in getting it, but wasn't sure. (I sort of have a thing in collecting art books, even from games that I don't even own.)
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

01/31/2014 04:38 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
I don't own Xbox, so I won't be able to play this game.

However, their art book is really cool, I suggest you fans to get it. They have Jago, Dark Jago, Saberwolf, Galcius, Thunder, Orchid, Sadira, Spinal, and Fulgore. They also showcase character levels too and comparing them to the older games' arenas.

Thought this was worth mentioning to anyone that was interested in getting it, but wasn't sure. (I sort of have a thing in collecting art books, even from games that I don't even own.)

I have the art book too and it is really well done. Some great concept art for each of the characters and stages, plus some pretty in depth interviews with various development team members. There also some good info on the development progression of each of the characters, especially with Sadira.

On a side note, the official KI forum is reporting that Spinal is now live and pushing out to the game. Along with retro sabrewolf and glacius costumes.
RedSumac
01/31/2014 04:43 PM (UTC)
For all people who dislike modern Glacius and Sabrewolf, there are their classic costumes available.
http://i.imgur.com/lusHefu.png
http://i.imgur.com/RLkV6HC.png
http://i.imgur.com/HsRsPvN.jpg
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
01/31/2014 08:34 PM (UTC)
For the last month, I've been debating switching to Spinal once he's released. I've been messing around with him today, and although he's definitely viable enough to be my main, I'm going to stick with Glacius. I've found a way to fight with him so that my intrinsic style of play works, which I was worried wouldn't be possible early on.

And speaking of Glacius, his classic alt is um... dude, I don't know. From the chest down, it looks freaking perfect. The face even looks pretty good. It's unmistakably KI2 Glacius... but the neck looks kinda fucked up. Truth be told, the select screen pick doesn't tell the whole story. When you play him in-game, it looks really strange from a profile view, and frankly, it's nothing like his neck in KI2. It's obvious why it looks like that. It's the same neck shape of the current model; I guess they just put the new graphics over his current appearance (which begs the question: why did this costume take so long to release if that's all they did?).

All this said, I do think it looks cool even if distracting in parts. I'll use it off and on.
KungLaodoesntsuck
02/01/2014 03:14 AM (UTC)
Not a fan of classic Sabrewulf at all. But he looked stupid in the old games so that's no surprise. Modern Sabrewulf looks amazing, he's just too damn blue.
Kabal20
About Me

02/01/2014 03:10 PM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
Not a fan of classic Sabrewulf at all. But he looked stupid in the old games so that's no surprise. Modern Sabrewulf looks amazing, he's just too damn blue.

I don't like either classic Sabrewolf or Glacius. They both look pretty bad stock. classic Sabrewolf looks a little better with with his 3rd accessory set on though.

I'm note liking spinal too much. I can see the crazy mix up potential, but he's a bastard to play properly IMO. He definitely not going to be my main. It's almost as if he changes the way the whole game actually plays in general.

There's even talk that Fulgore will change the way game plays more.
KungLaodoesntsuck
02/01/2014 04:50 PM (UTC)
Kabal20 Wrote:
I don't like either classic Sabrewolf or Glacius. They both look pretty bad stock. classic Sabrewolf looks a little better with with his 3rd accessory set on though.

I'm actually fine with Classic Glacius. He looks a lot better than Modern Glacius. But Classic Sabrewulf looks like Dobby from Harry Potter with that stupid torn shirt. His eyes also look pretty stupid, reminds me of a goldfish.

I found a video of Classic Glacius and Classic Sabrewulf fighting.

Here
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
02/01/2014 09:42 PM (UTC)
I like how the 6th color for Saberwulf's classic skin a potential reference to Max's dog Benny.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
02/01/2014 10:27 PM (UTC)
Sabrewulf looks really bad. If I could just get metal arms on his current model, it would be perfection. Till then, I'm rocking costume 1/color 1 because his classic alt looks like a shaved rat.

Kabal20 Wrote:
I'm note liking spinal too much. I can see the crazy mix up potential, but he's a bastard to play properly IMO. He definitely not going to be my main. It's almost as if he changes the way the whole game actually plays in general.

I'm hoping FilthieRich streams some high level Spinal soon so I can see what offense without skulls looks like. Once I have skulls, I can start doing his shenanigans, but I'm just not clear right now how a straight fundamentals game is suppose to work with Spinal. I use divekick and slide to get into midrange, but once there, all his options are so high-risk.
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
02/01/2014 10:32 PM (UTC)
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Sabrewulf looks really bad. If I could just get metal arms on his current model, it would be perfection. Till then, I'm rocking costume 1/color 1 because his classic alt looks like a shaved rat.

Kabal20 Wrote:

I'm hoping FilthieRich streams some high level Spinal soon so I can see what offense without skulls looks like. Once I have skulls, I can start doing his shenanigans, but I'm just not clear right now how a straight fundamentals game is suppose to work with Spinal. I use divekick and slide to get into midrange, but once there, all his options are so high-risk.

Max put some time into Spinal, maybe his tutorial video will give you some ideas.

Spinal Tutorial
Kabal20
About Me

02/01/2014 11:59 PM (UTC)
SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
TemperaryUserName Wrote:

Kabal20 Wrote:

Max put some time into Spinal, maybe his tutorial video will give you some ideas.

Spinal Tutorial

I think Temp was referring to a non-skull gameplay approach with Spinal. Most of his tricks come from using skulls and creating frame traps to leech shadow or instinct meter. His normal and basic versions of his special moves are pretty underwhelming. Very stubby and a good chunk of them are negative on block. I don't think I would go so far as to say they're as bad as Orchids's but it is close.
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
02/02/2014 12:43 AM (UTC)
Kabal20 Wrote:
SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
TemperaryUserName Wrote:

Kabal20 Wrote:

Spinal Tutorial

I think Temp was referring to a non-skull gameplay approach with Spinal. Most of his tricks come from using skulls and creating frame traps to leech shadow or instinct meter. His normal and basic versions of his special moves are pretty underwhelming. Very stubby and a good chunk of them are negative on block. I don't think I would go so far as to say they're as bad as Orchids's but it is close.

I' don't think you can play Spinal effectively without using his skulls. He isn't designed for that. All of his gameplay is designed around his fireball, teleport, Power Devour and skulls.
Kabal20
About Me

02/02/2014 02:39 AM (UTC)
SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
I' don't think you can play Spinal effectively without using his skulls. He isn't designed for that. All of his gameplay is designed around his fireball, teleport, Power Devour and skulls.

I'm aware of that, but my point and the point I think Temp is kind of getting at too, is that you need to get in with him and do some damage in order to build up skulls in the first place. He has such short range to get with and a lot of his moves are unsafe. It's not like people are going to just sit back and throw projectiles now for you to use Power Devour, and it does leave him open if you spam it. You really need to be able to play him well without the skulls, in order so that you can build them up. It's almost like his moveset/gameplay is a bit disjointed
Kabal20
About Me

02/06/2014 04:00 AM (UTC)
Some dis-concerning news about the game. It's been announced that Amazon has purchased Double Helix Games, the developer of Killer Instinct.

It's been rumored that Amazon will be releasing their own Android powered console and they bought DH to make games for them. Amazon has said they will allow DHG to finish what they are contractually obligated too, but there is no telling how far MS planned the game out, where DHG is locked up for at least a second or even third season of the game.
KungLaodoesntsuck
02/07/2014 07:20 PM (UTC)
I'm sure they'll at least release the second half of the game. It would be a crime if they didn't. But any content after that is questionable. A 3rd season seems incredibly unlikely, since they haven't seen how successful season 2 would be.

Plus they'd have to find a new developer. And they'd have to learn the game's code and all that stuff. Not looking good for KI's future after season 2. Which is sad because I was thinking about getting an Xbone 5 years down the road after some price drops.
Kabal20
About Me

02/07/2014 08:47 PM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
I'm sure they'll at least release the second half of the game. It would be a crime if they didn't. But any content after that is questionable. A 3rd season seems incredibly unlikely, since they haven't seen how successful season 2 would be.

Plus they'd have to find a new developer. And they'd have to learn the game's code and all that stuff. Not looking good for KI's future after season 2. Which is sad because I was thinking about getting an Xbone 5 years down the road after some price drops.

There is already talk that MS is bringing in an entirely new developer for season 2 already. MS didn't have DH contracted for a season 2 yet.

There has been a ton of vagueness around the who thing. MS has talked about there being an internal KI team that will still work on the game, and Max has mentioned that talking with the guys at DHG that they basically just coded and programmed the game.

Everything is just up in the air right now. No idea if MS will hire on some of the DH guys and make then an internal studio to work on KI or what.

Some positive news though, is that Killer Instinct made the list of games for this years EVO tournament.
KungLaodoesntsuck
03/25/2014 02:52 AM (UTC)
So it's late March and still no word on Fulgore? Granted, I'm not on the DH forums so if there was an update I wouldn't see it anyway.
Jaded-Raven
03/25/2014 03:22 AM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
So it's late March and still no word on Fulgore? Granted, I'm not on the DH forums so if there was an update I wouldn't see it anyway.

Hey, I can be useful (for once)! :D

There's been rumours that Fulgore might be delayed along with the Story Mode and other features, but there has been no official word on it. ^^
KungLaodoesntsuck
03/25/2014 03:36 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:

Hey, I can be useful (for once)! :D

There's been rumours that Fulgore might be delayed along with the Story Mode and other features, but there has been no official word on it. ^^

You're plenty useful Jaded. Thanks for the info.
KcinTnarg
03/27/2014 05:24 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1
03/27/2014 06:05 PM (UTC)
KcinTnarg Wrote:
Fulgore Launch Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZZEXpm1DFU

I'm dissapointed with how Fulgore plays, altho he looks cool and all. I like the way Glacius plays.
KungLaodoesntsuck
03/27/2014 06:22 PM (UTC)
In addition to Fulgore, some news about who's taking over Killer Instinct.

Iron Galaxy Studios will handle KI

Well, at least the future isn't so bleak now.
Immortal_Kanji
03/27/2014 11:55 PM (UTC)
I wish KI went into PS4 as well.

But it looks like PS4 will have to bring Bloody Roar back somehow.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
03/28/2014 12:11 AM (UTC)
Kabal20
About Me

03/28/2014 12:26 AM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
In addition to Fulgore, some news about who's taking over Killer Instinct.

Iron Galaxy Studios will handle KI

Well, at least the future isn't so bleak now.

You beat me to it. But Iron Galaxy will be the new developer going forward with Killer Instinct - Season 2. The same company that did the fighting game DiveKick as well as ports of: Darkstalkers: Resurrection, Marvel vs Capcom: Origins and Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.

Maybe we'll get a Juri style character in Season 2.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.