Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

2D Kombat Klassics

Discussing the 2D MK Klassics: Everything from the Original to Rereleases.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/01/2012 04:01 PMStatus ::
Arcade Kollection Now Officially Available for PC

Computer gaming nostalgists will be able to go home again with mouse and keyboard in hand thanks to the official release of Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection for PC!

GamersGate currently have the game listed for $9.95, for a 428.81MB download file. Arcade Kollection contains versions of the original games that made the series, a perfect package for curious millineals and 2011 converts who missed the early nineties originals -- Mortal Kombat (1992), Mortal Kombat II (1993) and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (1995).

System requirements:
Operating system Windows Vista (32/64 bit) / Windows 7 (32/64 bit)
Processor: 2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor (Minimum Requirements) / 3.0 GHZ Dual Core Processor (Recommended)
Memory: 1GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card, Shader Model 3.0 compatible, Supporting 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Minimum Requirements) / NVIDIA 7900 GS or Equivalent (Recommended)
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

The apparent release puts to bed confused speculation about the status of a Games for Windows kollection. In December, Joystiq reported quotes from series Director and co-creator, Ed Boon, who added fuel to the fire of a possible cancellation. Arcade Kollection was released digitally in August, 2011 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 [full story].

Dedicated members of the kommunity continue to call for a PC release for Mortal Kombat -- the award winning 2011 game that rebooted the franchise. The last time the series produced a new game for PC platforms was Mortal Kombat 4, in 1998. Warner Brothers Games and NetherRealm Studios have not shown interest in pursuing a PC alternative to the immensely successful console title.

[MK4] received mixed reviews for its similar PlayStation and PC arcade ports, which were anecdotally unprofitable for then series owners, Midway Games. In 2002, Midway Marketing staff, David Tokheim and Randy Severin, told Mortal Kombat Online that PC versions had notoriously failed to return cost, resulting in an absence on computer from Deadly Alliance, onward.

Franchise rival, Street Fighter IV, has enjoyed a noteworthy foray into the traditionally small fighting game market on PC. A bouyant addition to Steam saw the game a top seller on its release, in July 2009 [via Kotaku]. With arcade versions developed using Taito Type X systems, Capcom's unlikely PC release may have been precipitated by existing technologies, the Taito system noted for using existing Windows XP components, a unique advantage.

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection is expected to join the Steam store soon. Update: MKAK is now on Steam and 15% off, to boot! Mortal Kombat Online will keep PC gamers up to date on developments. Discuss your feelings about MK on PC on the forums, and follow @MK_Online for more.

drpvfxPosted: 02/01/2012 04:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::141
Nationality::United States
RE: Arcade Kollection Now Available for PC

Hopefully someone will mod it so UMK3 includes Rain and Noob as playables.

ZmokePosted: 02/01/2012 04:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::1072
Nationality::Finland

It's the debut in the computer games for NeRdS!

Ninja_MimePosted: 02/01/2012 04:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::21010
Nationality::Sweden

Finally.

ShingoEXPosted: 02/01/2012 05:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::31468

drpvfx Wrote:

Oh GOD, I hope not. They were the most broken additions in SNES/Genesis UMK3 and Trilogy, with their INCREDIBLY easy infinites.

Noob: teleport slam, hp, hp, teleport slam, hp, hp, repeat
Rain: roundhouse, step in hp, roundhouse, step in hp, roundhouse, repeat

mkwhopperPosted: 02/01/2012 05:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::4514

Several months later...

blacksaibotPosted: 02/01/2012 05:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas
RE: Arcade Kollection Now Officially Available for PC

THANK YOU GOD ... er, NRS.

TheGeckoPosted: 02/02/2012 04:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::1501

no thanks got the ROMS XD

MKO sig 2
NephritePosted: 02/02/2012 07:05 AMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia

My ancient computer doesn't even meet the minimum requirements lol.

MKIceVsFirePosted: 02/02/2012 01:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::1661
Nationality::Norway

ShingoEX Wrote:
drpvfx Wrote:

Oh GOD, I hope not. They were the most broken additions in SNES/Genesis UMK3 and Trilogy, with their INCREDIBLY easy infinites.

Noob: teleport slam, hp, hp, teleport slam, hp, hp, repeat

Rain: roundhouse, step in hp, roundhouse, step in hp, roundhouse, repeat

lol where did u get that pic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV9tftd6kzw&feature=g-all-u
Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/02/2012 02:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::20006

Update: Now on Steam and 15% off!

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
MurdoinkPosted: 02/02/2012 02:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::7955
Nationality::Chile

AT LAST
I already bought it on ps3 and xbox and I'll buy it again lol, hope online is good enough

LitoJPosted: 02/02/2012 07:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::2900

Great.
Now how about some MK9 on Steam

GlockXIIIPosted: 02/03/2012 12:00 AMStatus ::

Visits::1258

I think this is a test run to see if Mk9 is worth porting.

Photobucket
DArqueBishopPosted: 02/03/2012 11:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::11887

GlockXIII Wrote:
I think this is a test run to see if Mk9 is worth porting.

Not necessarily. This isn't the first time the classic MK games have been ported to PC recently, as MK1, MKII, and MK3 were all included in the PC release of Midway Arcade Treasures. It could be that they looked at the numbers and found that it would be far cheaper and more profitable to port MKAK to PC than it would to port MK2011.

Just my $.02...

D'Arque Bishop - Sysadmin
drkbish@mortalkombatonline.com

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
For a dark man shall enter the House of God...
reptile88Posted: 02/03/2012 09:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::11257
Nationality::Thailand

Not against NRS or some crap like that but if i want to play arcade pixel perfect ports i play on MAME.

Ninja_MimePosted: 02/04/2012 05:53 PMStatus ::

reptile88 Wrote:
Not against NRS or some crap like that but if i want to play arcade pixel perfect ports i play on MAME.

I've been playing with MAME for years too. I bought the Arcade collection yesterday. Why would not support the people who made these games?

reptile88Posted: 02/06/2012 04:31 PMStatus ::

Ninja_Mime Wrote:
reptile88 Wrote:

I've been playing with MAME for years too. I bought the Arcade collection yesterday. Why would not support the people who made these games?

My main hobby/passion is the music,i spend lots of money on cd's and vinyl etc.,videogames are still part of me,always will be,but not so big like before,i still get thrilled when some games are announced/revealed,i still play/enjoy games,but in a more relaxed way.

DArqueBishopPosted: 02/07/2012 01:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::11887

reptile88 Wrote:
Ninja_Mime Wrote:
reptile88 Wrote:

My main hobby/passion is the music,i spend lots of money on cd's and vinyl etc.,videogames are still part of me,always will be,but not so big like before,i still get thrilled when some games are announced/revealed,i still play/enjoy games,but in a more relaxed way.

So, are you saying that if I'm much more into video games than music, I should buy the video games and pirate the music?

D'Arque Bishop - Sysadmin
drkbish@mortalkombatonline.com

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
For a dark man shall enter the House of God...
reptile88Posted: 02/09/2012 07:42 PMStatus ::

Who's talking about piracy??....im not telling to pirate games or whatever but anybody is free to do anything they want at their own risk.

Ninja_MimePosted: 02/09/2012 08:41 PMStatus ::

MAME = Piracy.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the port. Well worth the $10. It'd be nice to have some resolution options and the ability to use the mouse in the menu though... you think with them taking so long they'd put some effort into giving it basic PC features.

sonicherosfan1Posted: 02/12/2012 02:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::2646

I to am surprised at the requirements to play this on the pc.

While I don't support pirating games or anything for that matter.
I will say that, mame imo, runs the games better and the fact that you have the option of playing different versions of it, makes mame a much better deal. Plus, assuming the lobby system is the same in the pc version of mkak, mame again, is better, again imo of course.

IBfromRedditPosted: 02/19/2012 04:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::5

This version is fun. I just wish it didn't limit what buttons you could remap. That is just idiotic and lazy. Autohotkey lets you remap the arrows to WASD if you are a keyboard player. But, ASD are hardcoded to use for friendly matches. Very, very dumb.

I also think it's kind of funny they made the system requirements so high. This game uses the Unreal Engine to power the menu system. That's why the system requirements are so high.

One really good potential side effect though: this is still an emulator. The ROMs are in the game folder. Someone could theoretically mod MAME to use these ROMs. Then, you actually could buy the game and use MAME to play it.

ZmokePosted: 02/19/2012 04:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::1072
Nationality::Finland

IBfromReddit Wrote:
This version is fun. I just wish it didn't limit what buttons you could remap. That is just idiotic and lazy. Autohotkey lets you remap the arrows to WASD if you are a keyboard player. But, ASD are hardcoded to use for friendly matches. Very, very dumb.

I also think it's kind of funny they made the system requirements so high. This game uses the Unreal Engine to power the menu system. That's why the system requirements are so high.

One really good potential side effect though: this is still an emulator. The ROMs are in the game folder. Someone could theoretically mod MAME to use these ROMs. Then, you actually could buy the game and use MAME to play it.

Can you play it with an Xbox 360 controller?

IBfromRedditPosted: 02/19/2012 05:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::5

If I owned one, I guess I could. Although I would never want to. IMO they are quite terrible for 2d fighters.

Page of 2

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.