Do you think MK9 is the best Mortal Kombat game ever?
posted03/19/2012 08:16 PM (UTC)by
GodShinnok
About Me

i have been asking people what they thought was the best MK and they have either told me UMK3 or MK9.
so now i wanna see your opinions glasses
Mojo6
About Me

02/04/2012 06:13 PM (UTC)
I think it's the best recent game in the series without question. It's hard to deem it the best however as MK 1 and MK 2 hold a certain status in my mind.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

02/04/2012 06:19 PM (UTC)
From a gameplay and graphics point of view, it obviously is, by far.

Though I've had much more fun and was way more hyped with games such as MK2/3/4 and most of all MKM:SZ given that I was much younger and addicted to MK games.
NoobSaibot5
02/04/2012 06:25 PM (UTC)
Mk2 was always the best in terms of atmosphere, story, syle and presentation. It done things MK1 would only dream of. So to me, that's the best by a long shot.

However, if I were to remove rose tinted glasses, logic would prevail in me thinking that MK9 would be the best. Since im a fan of the old timeline though, the only major setback is MK9's loopholes in it's story. Aside from that, it's superior.
sonicherosfan1
02/04/2012 06:26 PM (UTC)
For me, I think it was the best out of the last 5 MK games to come out. But as for best EVER. That would go to UMK3 for me. I had a lot of fun and that games holds so many memories, that I couldn't give any other mk game that spot. But if I had to give a top 3 MK games, it would go. UMK3,MK(2011) and MKvsDC.
Zmoke
02/04/2012 06:43 PM (UTC)
Absolutely yes. I don't see why an outdated Mortal Kombat II could be better than this is overall. Challenge Tower, online play, test-your-games, story mode, various kombat codes and the fine gameplay sum it up. If you had no games at all, living back in 1992 and asking yourself: "Should I play MKII or MK9?", which one would you choose? Of course, MKII was phenomenal and it will always have a special place near my heart (aorta).
Espio872
02/04/2012 07:50 PM (UTC)
It's the best in the series for content and gameplay and despite some messed up plot points, it's still has a high quality story mode with in game cutscenes, voice acitng etc.

I could list everything on why it is better than even my previous favorites like MK Trilogy, but we're all familiar with these games, so it's not necessary.

Jaded-Raven
02/04/2012 08:01 PM (UTC)
I do, actually.
The gameplay is really good, better than any of the past games, the graphics are quite nice, I overall like the designs of the characters and the stage designs are by far the best I've ever seen in any MK game. There are many who bitches about the story mode, and though I don't agree with all in it, it is still the best told story in the series and it was fun too. The roster is pretty solid, the Challenge Tower was pretty fun, the tag battles are great when playing with friends... Yeah, this is definately the best MK game ever, in my opinion.
GodlyShinnok
02/04/2012 08:05 PM (UTC)
For me:

Art design: Deadly Alliance

Content: Deception

Gameplay: MK9 and UMK3

GodShinnok
02/04/2012 08:09 PM (UTC)
me to
and BTW , nice name Lol confused
Espio872
02/04/2012 08:09 PM (UTC)
LOL I know this is off topic, but when I clicked on this thread...bombarded with DAT ASS...
McHotcakes
About Me
"Never Stay Down"- Steve Rogers

02/04/2012 08:12 PM (UTC)
In my opinion yes.

This last game was easily the best in the series. I love Mortal Kombat 2 but I think the industry has become more developed and MK 2 just doesn't hold up to today's game styles. I feel like MK 9 was the most in depth game in terms of design, gameplay, and story.
DistraughtOverlord
02/04/2012 08:18 PM (UTC)
Clearly not. MK9 is one of the boring MK games i played. MK2 was the funniest as far as i can remember. But from MK1 to Deception my fav was Deadly Alliance in terms of design and storytelling. The modes were interesting.

MK9 kind of stands as a game with an interesting gameplay, not heavy enough though (Miss the ridiculous juggling combos against walls in DA with a powered up char.) as good as the MKDA-MKA generation? Maybe.The designs and graphics quality is good, though i thought they did an outsanding job on MKDA for the time it was released and it has never been matched by any other MK game in the franchise. And with the exception of gameplay and looks, well MK9 is the second worst i played in the franchise as far as i can remember.
Rockchalk5477
02/04/2012 08:22 PM (UTC)
Most certainly. This is the funnest and deepest (gameplay and content wise) MK game yet, and has so much replay value and alternate gameplay modes. Love this game.

Obviously, there are things I dislike about the game (music/story mode/atmosphere in some stages), but the positives far outweigh the negatives.
toast_is_toasty
About Me

Cred for badass sig goes to KeenanBoots.

02/04/2012 08:52 PM (UTC)
I do. It's the most fun I've had with series, which is saying something, since I've loved every game in the series so far. With the exception of Special Forces, but we won't go there, now will we?
Unknown265
02/04/2012 10:14 PM (UTC)
Yeah, it's the most fun I've had since MK: Deception back when I was 8 years old. To this day, it's the only PS3 game I have that's had it's appeal last since the day I acquired it (release day).

Great gameplay, great portrayal of characters in the story mode, and good eye-candy!
Ninja_Mime
02/04/2012 10:48 PM (UTC)
It's still under Deadly Alliance for me. That era of MK will always be special to me, so perhaps it's merely nostalgia, but there are a lot of things I think Deadly Alliance did better. There was also a sense of ambition in that game that sort of disappeared the moment they said "Nah let's just remake MK2".
Nephrite
02/05/2012 01:12 AM (UTC)
Yes, I do.
KungLaodoesntsuck
02/05/2012 01:55 AM (UTC)
Without a doubt this last game was the best. MK9 raised the bar for the series. Great gameplay, an actual story mode, challenge tower, mini games, and a metric shit ton of content. MK2 was great, but MK9 did so much more. MK9 is head and shoulders above the other MK games.
redman
02/05/2012 02:21 AM (UTC)
Yes, I think it is. It's most certainly the best out of all of them, with a close second being UMK3. This game is fucking amazing. Yet, hardly anyone plays it anymore lol.
totheark
02/05/2012 02:30 AM (UTC)
I think it's the best game of all time.
GodlyShinnok
02/05/2012 02:31 AM (UTC)
redman Wrote:
Yes, I think it is. It's most certainly the best out of all of them, with a close second being UMK3. This game is fucking amazing. Yet, hardly anyone plays it anymore lol.

Almost everyone plays casually, and those move on after certain time. Here in PSN there are always 200+ people, that's a decent number for the time this game has been out and the online quality. And there's the people who only play offline, which is a decent amount as well, that I know of course.
Yes!!! Everthing except Story Mode's Story
Krayzie_Killin_Joker
About Me

Thanks to xB$INx for the Kick-Ass Sig.

02/05/2012 05:01 AM (UTC)
Yes, MK ll was good for its time but MK9 is WAYYYY BETTER and is the pinnacle of MK so far (Until MK10 of course.) (in my opinion.)
KuaiLiang
About Me

PSN: manu_erizo
02/05/2012 05:32 AM (UTC)
In terms of gameplay and content, this is the best MK by far.

I love that almost one year after getting it there's always room for learning new things.

I'll always love MK2 because it was my first MK, but just like someone else said before, it's the only game I've been playing constantly since I bought it over nine months ago.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.