Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (54.0%)
Out of kredits. (45.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/11/2012 10:58 AMStatus ::
Full Fight Anywhere Live-Action Kitana Vita Trailer

Following recent demos at PAX East [full story]; NetherRealm Studios Producer, Hector Sanchez, has returned to PlayStation.Blog to showoff the full version of a new Fight Anywhere, Kombat Anyone trailer!

As previewed last week; the stylish campaign features returning UK model, Rachelle Glover, as a roofbound, fan-wielding Princess Kitana. The completed trailer rounds out the philosophy driving Mortal Kombat on the PlayStation Vita, which offers players a full cast of characters and the ability to fight anyone, anywhere, using ad-hoc live battles, or WiFi.

The live-action promo follows-up on the already infamous trailer that started self-fulfilling rumors of Augmented Reality in the game [full story]. We're reasonably confident this one should be much better understood.

Mortal Kombat arrives on the PlayStation Vita May 1st (May 4, Europe). For more Vita updates and much more, follow @MK_Online and like us on Facebook

quevePosted: 04/11/2012 12:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia
RE: Full Fight Anywhere Live-Action Kitana Vita Trailer

I love it!

This is honestly one of the best promotional videos they've done for the game.

I love the style and idea of the video. The only thing that kind of sucked about it is the "gameplay" scenes that were featured because they looked really really bad quality and ugly. I know why they had to use those game-shots, but, I wish they would have been better polished/colored for the video. They feel pretty random and out of place when they switch to the high quality scenes of the real world.

That aside, its pretty awesome. I still don't understand why so many flamed the teaser when it was first revealed. Its pretty clear what the idea for this is and seeing the full video only makes it better (though I have to admit I liked the overall editing of the teaser much more than this full version, it was more epic).

To most people's annoyance, allow me to repeat that I find it refreshing and fantastic to finally see other characters being used for the promotion of this game that are not Scorpion and Sub-Zero. About damn time Kitana got some promo-love. This woman is beautiful and she plays the part stylishly.

The best thing about this video is the freaking SCARY SURPRISE. That thing made me jump! I had the volume all the way to max and the way they did it was excellent.

Soooo excited about what the end promises. We probably haven't seen the end of the 3 gorgeous models. ;) *crosses fingers*

raidenthefridgePosted: 04/11/2012 12:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

Is the "scary suprise" queve mentioned perhaps a sign of more of these?

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
quevePosted: 04/11/2012 12:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::4110
Nationality::Bolivia

raidenthefridge Wrote:
Is the "scary suprise" queve mentioned perhaps a sign of more of these?

It's got to be! They are definitely teasing with the possibility.

I surely hope so because it would be epic to see all of them in their own glorious trailer (crosses fingers for my favorites).

Unless that's just a re-used shot from the earlier videos that we saw back then when they were promoted. Does it look like a previously used shot?

JAX007Posted: 04/11/2012 01:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

At least it looks like actual Vita version footage in this. Big graphic downgrade from console version, I guess to keep it running smooth.

Ninja_MimePosted: 04/11/2012 01:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::21014
Nationality::Sweden

JAX007 Wrote:
At least it looks like actual Vita version footage in this. Big graphic downgrade from console version, I guess to keep it running smooth.

I wouldn't say it's a huge downgrade. The resolution is certainly lower though so that makes it fairly noticeable.

seanayPosted: 04/11/2012 02:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::9287
Nationality::United Kingdom

wow that girl is fine!!

still not getting it though, look forward to see the alt costumes soon

Tyrant-CenobitePosted: 04/11/2012 02:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::10414
Nationality::United Kingdom

I wasn't blown away with this promotional video but I do love that they were representing in my hometown London!

JAX007Posted: 04/12/2012 02:37 AMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

Ninja_Mime Wrote:
JAX007 Wrote:

I wouldn't say it's a huge downgrade. The resolution is certainly lower though so that makes it fairly noticeable.

Look at the screencaps posted in here, character models have a lot less polygons and then those textures... http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=469876

Rockchalk5477Posted: 04/12/2012 03:21 AMStatus ::

Visits::12960
Nationality::United States

There are a few screenshots from this video that appear to be from the Vita version. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the models are that bad. Color is kind of wishy-washy, though.

One
Two
Three

As for this trailer, I really like the music for some reason.
Melancholy and creepy.

raidenthefridge - Those feet in two are Scorpion's. It's from the challenge 'Bring Out Your Dead,' where you play as two zombies versus Scorps.

If your first comment was directed at me, I know those screencaps are not indicative of the size of the actual Vita screen, but they definitely have the reduced polygons.

raidenthefridgePosted: 04/12/2012 04:34 AMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

Keep in mind, the Vitas screen is much smaller than an average T.V guys

Rockchalk5477 Wrote:
There are a few screenshots from this video that appear to be from the Vita version. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the models are that bad. Color is kind of wishy-washy, though.

One

Two

Three

As for this trailer, I really like the music for some reason.

Melancholy and creepy.

Whos feet are those in numbe 2? Shang Tsungs? Scorpions?

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
blacksaibotPosted: 04/12/2012 07:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas

I hope Mileena's (if there will be one) will better and with some fighting (lol yeah right)....

J-spitPosted: 04/12/2012 08:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::7306

Dopeness! Next one will be Sub-Zero! Trollolololol

Seriously, if there are others, I hope to see someone outside of Scorpion or Sub.

Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
Human-Smoke-4-everPosted: 04/12/2012 09:00 AMStatus ::

Visits::1818
Nationality::Ireland

Rachelle Glover is gorgeous. Perfect for Kitana. I guess we'll probably see Danni Levy as Mileena and Carly Baker as Sonya again for these spots.

Why couldn't this ending have happened?
wdm6789Posted: 04/12/2012 01:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::22

I think they could have done a better job with her costume. I mean its good, but still looks really amateur. Like any other cosplayer costume would look like

Insider2000Posted: 04/12/2012 02:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::1851

Maybe we'll have one for 'real-life' Mileena and 'real-life' Sonya, since they had models and everything.

And 'real-life' Stryker......

Keep dunking your Kenshi breadsticks into your Skarlet sauce, people! The main course isn't coming for a while, and you never know when it's going to be disappointing.
Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.