Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (24.6%)
Jade (39.7%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (27.3%)
Freddy Krueger (8.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • February 7th, 2018
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Injustice 2 Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • February 5th, 2018
    Injustice 2 Ninja Turtles Reveal This Week [Read On]
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Gameplay & Matchmaking

Discussing MK Gameplay, Strategies, Tournaments and Online Matchmaking.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/09/2012 08:55 PMStatus ::
Major League Gaming Spring Championships Preview

This weekend, two tribes go to war in the far off, exotic realm of Anaheim, as the dust of E3 settles to reveal the best of the East, facing the best of the West! The Major League Gaming Spring Championships are here, and the Pro Circuit is set to play host to an epic confrontation between New York's finest dominators, and the last bastion of hope for the free fighting world!

Between them, vVv CD Jr and vVv REO have laid waste to the Earthrealm Mortal Kombat ranks, leaving a trail of broken champions along the Road to Evo, whilst ruling MLG's Fighter Arena and Winter Championships with devastating ease!

Gathered before the East Coast contingent are the world's deadliest assassins! IGL's DJT and MIT will join EGP Tyrant, Xblades and Krayzie Bone in a West Coast front, backed by the likes of PowerUp Winner IKizzLE, UFGT8 Runner-Up Pig of the Hut, Evo 2011 Champion PerfectLegend, Team GGA, and many more! A full list of competitors and seeding is available at MajorLeagueGaming.com, hyperbole not included.

The Spring Championship takes place across three big days, with a whopping Mortal Kombat kitty of $26,700 -- which, in current conversion, roughly equates to mad fat skrilla, yo! Covering the cost of entry, food and drink, and a trip to the merchandise stand for a keepsake memento, will no doubt be an attractive reward for the men and woman [shout out, WhatsHerName!] contesting the title.

Tom Brady will be on the tournament sidelines, calling all the HD action live on stream -- with @MLG live tweeting elimination results [apparently]. Brady features in one of the many sideshows, this tour, when he defends the integrity of his Sub-Zero against all challengers (such as DJT). The Mirror Matches will continue with an exhibition clash between vVv CD Jr and EGP Tyrant, testing the might, mettle and metal of their respective Jax'!

Discuss all this and more on the MKO Gameplay & Matchmaking Forums -- designated realm of competitions unto a thing of tournament. We're looking for players to throw their razor-tipped hat into the online arena. Add your name to the MKOmmunity Gamer Index and make a challenge.

redmanPosted: 06/09/2012 10:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::4717
Nationality::United States
RE: Major League Gaming Spring Championships Preview

WOW that Riu Vs Pig match was amazing!

Come on Woundcowboy!

redmanPosted: 06/09/2012 10:17 PMStatus ::

Hype match, nice job to Detroit.

MK is done for today!

skahwtPosted: 06/10/2012 02:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::476

redman Wrote:
Hype match, nice job to Detroit.

MK is done for today!

That Shang mirror match was sick. What time does the stream start tomorrow?

skahwtPosted: 06/10/2012 02:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::476

What time does the stream start tomorrow?

Checked on TYM and it begins at 4:30PST. CD jr and Perfect Legend are set to fight each other in winners. Should be sweet.
SpacemanPosted: 06/10/2012 04:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::2136

anybody have a link to recordings of these matches??! They sound awesome.

NephritePosted: 06/10/2012 05:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia

Spaceman Wrote:
anybody have a link to recordings of these matches??! They sound awesome.

Look here (first is SCV, then MK, just find MK by moving the time slider below the screen), but you need to look before the action re-starts live on Sunday again.

I'm watching the archives now, I missed everything last night. Huge time difference between my country and California and I needed to get up early today.

EDIT: Oh and, sometime later the matches should be uploaded to YouTube, so no worries if you miss it now.

EDIT II: Just saw CD Jr. vs 16-bit, impressive performance from Cd Jr., he's such a beast. Shame 16-bit didn't win round 1 of game 2 (this one was a close 3 rounds game), he had it, just had to use ex-fan (maybe two) for unbreakable damage since he had full meter.

EDIT III:
redman Wrote:
WOW that Riu Vs Pig match was amazing!

Just saw it and indeed it was a fantastic match!

EDIT IV: Oh, what a great win for Denzell Terry over CURBOLICOUS. LOL @ Brady constantly praising Denzell.

EDIT V: Great mirror match between WoundCowboy and DetroitBalln. Amazing use of wake-up invincibility from Detroit to escape death.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 06/10/2012 03:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
I don't know about you guys, but if someone 5-0'd me in a set that was hyped for 6 months, and THEN spent the next two days saying how great of a player I was, I'd wanna punch him in the face, lol.

Props to everyone in the top 16. DJT's victory over Curbo was tight as hell. People can cry "Bad match up!" all day, but if you bust out Kabal in the last match, you have no excuses. I don't care if he doesn't know the match up: it's already in your favor. If you're truly the better player, then all you should have to do is play your game.

EDIT: However, when I say better player, I mean the better player THAT DAY. Curbo's mind may have been somewhere else.

New sig on the way
redmanPosted: 06/10/2012 08:58 PMStatus ::

Oh my God.

News:

Stream located here.

16bit eliminates vVv REO

Perfect Legend sends vVv CD JR to losers

Pig of the Hut eliminates CURBOLICOUS

Denzell Terry 3-0's Perfect Legend

WOW. I can't believe this.. Today has been the day of upsets. Cannot believe it.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpacemanPosted: 06/10/2012 09:06 PMStatus ::

Damn Denzel Terry, that guy is just on point. Beating top players and top tier characters with Sub Zero. As much as I hate playing against Sub Zero I can't help but root for him. Still though if it comes down to it I think a Kabal player like Detroit or Reo will just zone right through him. But who knows, he seems like he knows all of Sub's bad match ups like the back of his hand. I think him vs. Tyrant would be an epic match, no idea who would win there.

Really wanna see some Shang play though from Detroit. Hope he uses him at some point.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 06/10/2012 09:11 PMStatus ::

redman Wrote:

16bit eliminates vVv REO

I think a giant tower just crumbled somewhere in Mordor.

New sig on the way
NephritePosted: 06/11/2012 05:26 AMStatus ::

w00t?! w00t?!

16-bit eliminated REO?! WHOAAAAAA! Awesome!

Again, I didn't watch it live as it started 2.30am my time, but I can't wait to see the archived footage right now. I saw some of the result updates, it seems there's been plenty of shockers! This is the best thing that could have happened going into Evo 2012!

Also, Temp, I was thinking the same thing as you (the thing you put in spoilers lol).

I'm going to check out the archives right now! I'll be back here.

But right away, CONGRATS 16-bit! That is a major scalp! I'm so happy now, f***k that pizza man (EDIT: I mean Kabal, not REO lol)! I've never been so hyped to see the archived footage lol!

EDIT: If anyone else is interested in checking out archived footage, I suggest you find it on GameSpot, the quality is much better than at MLG and PC suffers less slow down. I wish they separated each fighter's footage in seperate video clips, there's 50h+ of footage and it's a real pain navigating through the time slider.

Osu16BitPosted: 06/11/2012 08:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::6138

Pretty crazy, eh? The stars truly aligned for this one. Plus I had my best performance yet against Pig's Kenshi. Awesome weekend.

NephritePosted: 06/11/2012 03:15 PMStatus ::

I finished watching the archived footage a moment ago and wow what a tournament. Evo2k12 just got exponentially more interesting.

Shame that 16-bit vs REO match was off-stream, I really wanted to see that one. As for the other matches, they were amazing. Honestly, I wasn't expecting anyone from the West Coast to make top 4, but boy did DJT deliver. Tyrant's 3-0 win over REO was also amazing.

It's great to see Perfect Legend back, his matches with CD Jr. were great. It was nice to see them share a hug after their loser's bracket match and I really felt sad seeing CD Jr. so down after the loss. On the other hand, I'm glad PL is back (I imagine it's really tough when the crowd is constantly cheering for your opponents). His fight against DJT in the losers bracket was amazing, he came back from 0-3 down to 5-all and then he went for an all-or-nothing X-ray in the final game, but DJT saw it coming and blocked.

LOL @ Pig going crazy after he beat CURBO in the losers bracket and his match against 16-bit was great. 16-bit's facial expression during the match was priceless (mad determination). Pig losing to Perfect Legend in the end was kind of ironic considering their history. The Raiden vs Mileena match here was great.

After their amazing first-to-five Jax mirror match on Friday I was ready for another epic Jax mirror, but this time CD Jr. cruised through as Tyrant failed to win a game.

I'm not sure what happened with DJT's Kung Lao X-ray attempt in game 4 of his match against Detroit in the winners bracket. It seemed to me like the X-ray should have connected as Detroit was in the throw animation, but somehow it didn't connect. Anyway, congrats to Detroit for winning, such a creative and versatile player. Massive props to DJT as well as all the other competitors. Beasts like Maxter and IKizzLE pretty much went unnoticed to us, the viewers, such was the level of competition.

My favorite gameplay moment was easily DJT's Sub-Zero X-ray dash cancel into throw to take game 2 vs Perfect Legend in the winners bracket. That was pure inspiration.

Shout outs to Tom Brady's broken voice and damn he looks old in that suit lol. He did a great job though and all the guests and co-commentators were great. I really enjoyed JuiceBox's "good vibrations" type of hype lol.

Amazing tournament overall! I really like these MLG events and can't wait for the next one. Looking at the brackets now- so many amazing players, so many great players weren't even close to Top 8, the competition was insane!

SpacemanPosted: 06/12/2012 05:54 AMStatus ::

Nephrite Wrote:

Shame that 16-bit vs REO match was off-stream, I really wanted to see that one.

Wow for once i get to give you a link The quality isn't the best but enjoy.

redmanPosted: 06/12/2012 06:15 AMStatus ::

The 16-bit popoff was amazing!

Dude, honestly, that hug you gave Dizzy was the sweetest thing ever, lol.

NephritePosted: 06/12/2012 06:36 AMStatus ::

Spaceman Wrote:
Wow for once i get to give you a link

Haha, I saw the match yesterday after I posted but I was too lazy to edit my post. Thanks anyway!

redman Wrote:
The 16-bit popoff was amazing!

Yeah lol, he scared me! I thought he was going to jump through my monitor.

Btw I found a shitload of matches on TSTLP's YouTube channel, including matches from East Coast Throwdown 4 and MLG Anaheim casuals:

ECT4 playlist + more here (videos 08.-13. are also from ECT4)
MLG Anaheim playlist (from video #18 onwards)

First time I've seen xKhaotikx's Kitana, I like it a lot. Great match vs SawnikFawx.

Osu16BitPosted: 06/13/2012 08:23 AMStatus ::

Dude, honestly, that hug you gave Dizzy was the sweetest thing ever, lol.

I am so happy we both made top 8, with our boy Young Tommy Wafflez not far behind in top 16.

Dizzy lost his first round to Scar's Skarlet(in an incredibly close set that should have been recorded/streamed) and came all the way back through losers, defeating Riu48 for the top 8 spot. Riu had beaten him badly at MLG Columbus for top 8 there and he's been working hard on the Sonya MU since. First he beat Forever King at PowerUp then he beat Clint the Beast at UFGT and now finally got his revenge.

I've now lost to Pig's Kenshi in 3 of my last 4 majors. At Final Round I got bodied. At UFGT I almost won a game. Now I've won and a game and the losing games were close. I think I can win this sooner or later. Maybe at the arena???

NephritePosted: 06/14/2012 06:15 AMStatus ::

Osu16Bit Wrote:
Maybe at the arena???

Oh, there's going to be Top8 Arena again?

Btw, how do you guys work on a match-up like Sonya since none of the GGA guys I know play her?

Btw, what's it like to be at MLG? From the viewer's side, I absolutely love the events. Everything is so professionally done and on schedule and the most important thing of all, all the info (results, brackets, dates and times) is easy to find. I wish community tournies were as accessible to viewers as these events, finding info (especially results) for those can sometimes be a real pain.

Osu16BitPosted: 06/14/2012 01:41 PMStatus ::

Yes there will be a top 8 arena and prize fights. Not sure when though.

A lot of study lol. Read the frame data and everything you can in their character forum. Dizzy can somewhat play Sonya himself, although he hates her. Wafflez has begun playing Sonya and may replace JC with her as his real secondary.

It's really awesome. I like how everything is organized and on time. I like how there's a million setups. My only problem is how so much good stuff is off stream and never recorded and how hard it can be to watch. Some setups are roped off in the middle of the playing area so you can't sit back and watch. Even the setups where you can see get crowded and you can't see the monitor. I couldn't watch Maxter vs. MIT or REO vs. P Board even though I was right there.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 06/14/2012 11:54 PMStatus ::

I'm late to the party, but I didn't wanna post till I had time to get all my thoughts down.

Huge congrats, 16-Bit. Maybe now REO will reconsider the possibility that one main is all you need. When I watched the set, it seemed like you incorporated a little bit of everything. Lots of pokes, lots of pressure, lots of space control with air fans. I guess my question is this: when you knew you had to fight REO, what overall strategy did you walk into the match with? Did you already decide if you were gonna play a conservative or high-risk game? What was the winning approach?

And even though I respect the shit out of Pig, I hope you get your revenge at Evo. Even though you lost, it's clear you know the Kitana-Kenshi match up much more than he does. He has reason to be scared come July.

BTW, are you hitting up CEO, 16-Bit?

Huge props to everyone else. The regional diversity of the top 8 is mind blowing. IMO, that's a huge testament to the quality of our community. There was great sportsmanship all over the place, too. My heart definitely goes out to CDjr. When he looked like he was on the brink of tears after losing to PL... man, that shit was moving.

And you know what? Props to the Soul Calibur players. I love the contrast between the two communities. The MK players have these over-the-top WWE personalities, while the SC players have this world championship poker vibe. Even though I miss my main so much, SC5 really is a solid game.

New sig on the way
Osu16BitPosted: 06/15/2012 03:19 AMStatus ::

Yeah when I found out my opponent was going to be REO I discussed strategy with my friends. I thought back to all the times he's fought CD and potential weaknesses I'd picked up on. I noticed he can be spooked into not zoning so I made it a point to blow up IAGB as early as possible with dash d+1~cutter and jump over fan. I've always noticed against Kitana's footsies he'll just block f+2,1 so I didn't fear that he'd try walking back and spacing it out. I've noticed he rarely punishes cutter so I threw it out on wakeup and mashed d+1~cutter a lot. With him having a rough tournament and looking off I suspected his anti-air would be weak so I jumped in constantly.

I am not going to CEO. My next tournament will be Shang Tsung's Fight Night at GGA next Saturday. After that will be EVO.

BTW GGA will begin streaming an all MK stream starting this Tuesday at 7 PM.

NephritePosted: 06/15/2012 06:26 AMStatus ::

Great, looking forward to MLG Arena!

Btw, I asked you this in the previous tourney thread, not sure if you've seen it. Have you seen UnderTheMayo's tip on how to do "d+1~enh. fan lift"? I tried it out and I like it a lot. It also does ~5% more damage than d+1~enh. fan toss. In the meantime the D-pad on my controller started malfunctioning so I can't play anymore. T_T

Temp, who is your fave/main SC character?

redmanPosted: 06/15/2012 12:43 PMStatus ::

I'm really sad to hear Slips isn't going to EVO.

16 bit, do you think you'll make top 8 at EVO? What's your current top 8 predictions?

Osu16BitPosted: 06/15/2012 01:40 PMStatus ::

Yes I've seen that method for d+1~ex lift. I just haven't practiced it yet.

I have a shot at EVO top 8. It'll depend on the bracket and how I play that given day.

Page of 2

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.