Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • October 16th, 2018
    Tomorrow’s MKO Twitch Stream to feature speedrunning champ, Outworld! [Read On]
  • October 4th, 2018
    Super Combat Fighter, 2D Digitized Fighting Game, coming soon! [Read On]
  • September 25th, 2018
    Upcoming Mortal Kombat Online Twitch Stream to feature Cary Tagawa [Read On]
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (56.9%)
Out of kredits. (43.0%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 12/14/2012 10:53 AMStatus ::
Pop Culture Shock Announce Kitana Statue Pre-Orders

Fans of the fans will have something to hark about this holiday season as Pop Culture Shock Collectibles announce official pre-ordering for their 1:4 Scale Princess Kitana!

Dynamically posed in polystone for an attack with her trademark fighting fans; Kitana stands at a truly statuesque 20", atop a base inspired by the Wasteland stage of the most recent game.

Standard editions feature the masked princess as she appears in the game, while Sideshow Collectibles will offer a limited edition variant with interchangeable unmasked head [pictured top] and bloody fans.

Pre-orders will be available through Sideshow Collectibles and Diamond Distributors beginning December 20. The Edenian Princess will be limited to only 350 pieces, with the Sideshow exclusive an even greater rarity at just 150!

Kitana is the latest in the high-end collectible series inspired by Mortal Kombat and its designs from present and retro past. She joins a line-up featuring contemporary and klassic versions of Scorpion, along with UMK3-inspired sculpts of Reptile and Sub-Zero. Sub-Zero is the first in an impressive series of life-size busts coming in 2013. Pop Culture Shock Collectibles have more exciting items coming next year, including 1:4 Scale Shao Kahn, Kang v Kahn Diorama and much more.

Discuss the entire Pop Culture Shock MK line and more on the Media & Merchandise forums. Get more info at PopCultureShockToys.com and by liking PCS on Facebook. Join the extended MKOmmunity by liking Mortal Kombat Online.

NephritePosted: 12/14/2012 10:59 AMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia
RE: Pop Culture Shock Announce Kitana Statue Pre-Orders

Beautiful!

riomarzPosted: 12/14/2012 11:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::1850

and why couldn't Kitana's face look like this in game? lol love the statue looks amazing :)

JAX007Posted: 12/14/2012 11:18 AMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

Its amazing.

DjangoDragPosted: 12/14/2012 03:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::1580
Nationality::United States

Wow. I guess I'm the only one who looks at that and sees a man. An ugly man. It's really pretty hideous, though the fault lies entirely with Netherrealm for that. Not a single female from that game looks like an actual woman.

NoobSaibot5Posted: 12/14/2012 05:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::2399
Nationality::Ireland

DjangoDrag Wrote:
Wow. I guess I'm the only one who looks at that and sees a man. An ugly man. It's really pretty hideous, though the fault lies entirely with Netherrealm for that. Not a single female from that game looks like an actual woman.

I wouldn't say it's Netherrealm's fault that what's considered "the norm" for female characters in videogames has ultimately left your view on a womanly figure distorted. I'd say it's something much larger than that. For years video games have had to make female characters increasingly "attractive" and "hot" in order to be accepted or taken seriously in games. Both Kitana and Mileena being perfect examples of this in MK9. Gorgeous to look at and I'm sure they've turned many pre-pubescent boys on in those costumes, but their storylines and relevancy has taken a backseat to their physical appeal. Fan boys want something to perve on, and unfortunately, what real women look like isn't good enough for them.

Trust me, if a 5'6" Kitana with a 32" waist and a relatively athletic, believable figure was to strut her stuff in Mortal Kombat there would be UPROAR over it by pervy fan boys. For one, she wouldn't have big breasts (most athletic women don't). Second, she'd probably have more toned abs than yourself (and no man want's to feel like the slob in comparisson to the woman he wants to entice), and rest assured her ass wouldn't be that big either (seldom a woman of natural assets posses a physique that packs the derrier of Nicki Minaj). What you're seeing here is the by product of female expectation in Video Games, not a flaw in the actual product. It's designed to appeal to the demographic described above, hence why she looks like that.

Aaaaand on another note, I love the stance and the paintwork on this. Much better than the SycoCollectables statue, far more detail in it.

photo catsig.png
DjangoDragPosted: 12/14/2012 05:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::1580

My "view on a womanly figure" is far from distorted. Did I make any mention of her breasts or butt? No. Be careful with your assumptions.

I, for one, am a male that would like to see more natural-looking depictions of women in the games I play. This is simply not that. This is anything but natural. I even asked my wife to lend a second opinion, just to make sure I wasn't crazy. She agreed completely, making a pretty funny face when presented with image above. She pointed out her lats and abs in particular as looking very bizarre. What throws me the most is the limbs. They are ridiculous. It really just makes all the women in MK9 look like spiders or something. And when they stand next to one of the male characters, it further magnifies the issue. It just looks like their anatomy is scaled too large. Also, the statue's face is really ugly, but that is relative.

I liked the MK2 and MK3 women. They were okay being shorter than most of the men, and realistically proportioned. Why do the female characters all have to be so tall anyway? I can understand a few of them being as tall or taller than the average male character, but at least one or two should reflect an average female height. Ideally, I would like to see some female characters that look like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or better yet, Faith from the same show. Those are good examples, I think, of female superhero-type characters being well-proportioned.

It's funny how much of your post talked about making women in games becoming more attractive. I just think they look like men. Take from that what you will.

And don't talk to me about Nicki Minaj.

GoobieDoobPosted: 12/14/2012 05:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::489

Wow! These statues are really cool, love to have one!

The face is so much better than in-game, and they really did a good job making her costume the same, but look better. If this is how she looked in the game, I'd play her all the time. Mostly just Mileena and Rain, though.

Signature made by Zmoke Image and video hosting by TinyPic
redmanPosted: 12/14/2012 06:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::4740

That is pretty amazing, would like the mask though.

NoobSaibot5Posted: 12/14/2012 09:14 PMStatus ::

DjangoDrag Wrote:
My "view on a womanly figure" is far from distorted. Did I make any mention of her breasts or butt? No. Be careful with your assumptions.

I, for one, am a male that would like to see more natural-looking depictions of women in the games I play. This is simply not that. This is anything but natural. I even asked my wife to lend a second opinion, just to make sure I wasn't crazy. She agreed completely, making a pretty funny face when presented with image above. She pointed out her lats and abs in particular as looking very bizarre. What throws me the most is the limbs. They are ridiculous. It really just makes all the women in MK9 look like spiders or something. And when they stand next to one of the male characters, it further magnifies the issue. It just looks like their anatomy is scaled too large. Also, the statue's face is really ugly, but that is relative.

I liked the MK2 and MK3 women. They were okay being shorter than most of the men, and realistically proportioned. Why do the female characters all have to be so tall anyway? I can understand a few of them being as tall or taller than the average male character, but at least one or two should reflect an average female height. Ideally, I would like to see some female characters that look like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or better yet, Faith from the same show. Those are good examples, I think, of female superhero-type characters being well-proportioned.

It's funny how much of your post talked about making women in games becoming more attractive. I just think they look like men. Take from that what you will.

And don't talk to me about Nicki Minaj.

Well perhaps I was in the wrong for suggesting your particular view is distorted, so apologies there, but my post was mainly to highlight that Kitana only looks that way in the games due to the fact that developers are trying to make female characters "sexier".

Less clothing, bigger boobs, high heels in every outfit, clothing that only rips in provocative places when they fight...obviously sex sells in all industries and the folks at NRS are capitalising on that by over-sexualising their female characters. The reason it doesn't really work is because (A) they're using men for motion capture and (B) there'd be issues with hit boxes if the female characters were any shorter than the guys. It doesn't work for me, personally, but you only have to look at Kitana's Chapter in Story Mode on YouTube or even Jade's to see the comments from sexually frustrated fan boys noticing nothing more than their tumour-sized breasts.

I agree with what you say about her limbs and I'd agree with you women should look more natural in games. I think this statue in particular reflects her current game model, which is the root of the problem. If she looked like a believable woman in the game, perhaps the product would emulate that.

photo catsig.png
GoobieDoobPosted: 12/14/2012 09:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::489

I actually think that the anatomy is spot on, but there are some bad things about it:
- -
. Maybe only to me, but I don't understand the "hand" under her

. The breasts are smaller on the statue than in the game (good thing)

. abs are not a good thing to put on a woman (depending)

. She shouldn't be wearing, as Kinetic quoted it and many others: "If they are ninjas, they shouldn't wear one/two piece swimming suits, loincloth, and extremely tall boots." I fully agree with that one.

. Ninjas should wear the proper ninja attire, you know, the one like she is going to have in MK Legacy.
--
So I agree there are some problems, but the anatomy is still good from what I can tell.

Signature made by Zmoke Image and video hosting by TinyPic
NephritePosted: 12/15/2012 05:48 AMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia

GoobieDoob Wrote:
Maybe only to me, but I don't understand the "hand" under her

That's her mama's hand from the Desert stage.

MKKitanaPosted: 12/15/2012 06:11 AMStatus ::

Visits::5616
Nationality::Scotland

WOW! This is amazing.

Definitely one of the best yet.

The stupid ugly big hand is just hideous tho. I get that its Sindels statue but I have no idea why the choose to include it.

NoobSaibot5Posted: 12/15/2012 11:49 AMStatus ::

That, to me, looks more like the severed hand of the monster you see at the back of Kahn's arena. It would make more sense to assume it's off that monster since (A) the corpse of one of those beasts is seen in the Wastelands (the only level to have a tide included) and (B) Sindel's broken hand is in the Desert Stage, not the Wastelands.

photo catsig.png
MkDanPosted: 12/16/2012 06:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::14458
Nationality::Luxembourg

Sorry but this Kitana Statue Looks Stupid,the Blood effect are ridiculous

LucaTurilliPosted: 12/16/2012 03:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::2785

I dislike the base, but the sculpt is amazing. I'll probably end up getting this, unless it sells out before I can save enough money. I hope I have a place to put it.

ThePredator151Posted: 12/17/2012 03:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::1551

Probably the best Kitana statue I've seen....it's excellent. Much more impressive than the in-game model.

The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
- Lead Graphic Designer - Mortal Kombat Online -

:G-play :Story :F-Design :Cutout :Get Sig :Raiden :Fans [1] [2] :#LegendaryArts
JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 12/19/2012 07:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::13257
Nationality::United Kingdom

My God I want. So very much.

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.