Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 2 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Round 1: FIGHT!
Noob Saibot (62.5%)
Liu Kang (37.5%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • June 15th, 2017
    E3 2017: Sub-Zero Battles Batman in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • June 6th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Teases Raiden, Atom, Black Manta & More [Read On]
  • June 6th, 2017
    Injustice 2 June Update Fixes Gameplay & More [Read On]
  • June 5th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Jade Challenge [Read On]
  • June 3rd, 2017
    Unlock Limited Movie Wonder Woman Gear in Injustice 2 [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

General Discussion

Discussing Anything and Everything That isn't MK.
Page of 10

Mick-LuciferPosted: 10/23/2016 11:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::19308
RE: Official Comic Collector Spot

- Steve Dillon, Comic Artist Who Helped Create ‘Preacher,’ Dies at 54

Steve Dillon, a comic-book artist best known for Preacher, a long-running series, recently adapted for television, about three companions who literally search for God, died over the weekend in Manhattan. He was 54.

His brother, Glyn, announced his death on Twitter on Saturday but did not say when he died. His friend and collaborator Garth Ennis, a comic book writer, said the cause was a ruptured appendix, which Mr. Dillon at first assumed was food poisoning.

Mr. Dillon, who lived in England, had been in New York to attend Comic Con.

Ugh, that's tragic.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. No whining!
Mick-LuciferPosted: 11/04/2016 08:34 AMStatus ::

Secret Wars on Infinite Earths really went to Hell in October:

- The Demon versus Solomon Grundy: Solomon Grundy #2
- Mr. Hyde versus Ghost Rider: All-New Ghost Rider #5
- Ghost Rider versus Ghost Rider: Ghost Rider #29
- Juggernaut versus Dr. Strange: What If...? #24

Pretty sure things are only gonna keep getting more Strange in November!

MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. No whining!
Mick-LuciferPosted: 11/25/2016 12:49 AMStatus ::

Mick-LuciferPosted: 11/28/2016 12:56 AMStatus ::

- Boon Asks: Should Watchmen Characters Be In Injustice 2?

It may not seem like a controversial question, but in his latest Twitter poll, Ed Boon has waded into an argument that's divided fans and scholars alike for a decade, or more.

The question: 'Do you want to see Watchmen characters in Injustice 2?' The answer: A somewhat unsurprising 74% in overwhelming favour from the 20,056 fans who voted.

The twist ending is that Alan Moore hates you.

coltessPosted: 11/30/2016 01:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::5246
Nationality::United States

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Sooo... Marvel killed off Cyclops again. Excited?

Why not? Marvel hasn't known how to use the X-Men in what? 20 years?

Right now I think I'm enjoying DC's slow burning mea culpa more-so than Marvel's warless Civil War II.

I have been enjoying Infamous Iron Man, though I'll read anything Doom.

Sig by MINION
Mick-LuciferPosted: 12/01/2016 11:32 PMStatus ::

coltess Wrote:
Why not? Marvel hasn't known how to use the X-Men in what? 20 years?

Morrison was closer to 15 years ago. That was probably the last really good X-time.

coltess Wrote:
Right now I think I'm enjoying DC's slow burning mea culpa more-so than Marvel's warless Civil War II.

I have been enjoying Infamous Iron Man, though I'll read anything Doom.

It ain't fixed until Superman starts wearing pants!! How's Iron Doom? Does it work?

I'm mostly meandering through unrelated back issues when I can. Captain Marvel #35 ('74) was a joy-filled high point. A lot of eighties X-Men lately, too.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 12/21/2016 02:44 AMStatus ::

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/07/2017 09:18 AMStatus ::

- EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW: The Video Game Returns To Comics in Tekken #1

Tekken #1 (of 4)

Cavan Scott (w) • Andie Tong (a) • Alex Ronald (c)
Variant Covers: Andie Tong, Anton Kokarev & Jimbo Salgado
All New comic series based on the iconic fighting game franchise!
Written by Cavan Scott (Doctor Who, Vikings) and illustrated by Andie Tong!
This Sensational new comic series will tap into Tekken’s rich history, and will feature memorable characters from the celebrated video game canon including Heihachi Mishima, Yoshimitsu, Nina Williams and Paul Phoenix.
In Shops: May 3rd, 2017
SRP: $3.99

Interested to see how this goes. Only four issues, but hoping to see secondary characters.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/05/2017 01:18 AMStatus ::

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/14/2017 11:57 PMStatus ::

- Preview: Hot dang! ‘Bug! The Adventures of Forager’ #1 comes your way this May!

BUG! THE ADVENTURES OF FORAGER #1
Written by Lee Allred.
Art by Michael Allred.
Colors by Laura Allred.
Letters by Nate Piekos.
Cover A by Michael and Laura Allred.
Cover B by James Harvey.
Cover C by Paul Pope and Paul Maybury.

It’s a match made in comics heaven: The Allreds (every dang one of ’em) luxuriating in the cosmic dazzle of Jack Kirby’s Fourth World, brought to you by DC’s Young Animal! Pinch me — I’m dreamin’!

From DC Comics and DC’s Young Animal imprint comes the snappy new adventures of our favorite Eternal of New Genesis, Forager! Bug! hits stores in May!

In the meantime, feast your eyes on this ginchy five-page preview of Bug! The Adventures of Forager #1, courtesy of DC’s Young Animal!

$3.99 | M | MAY 10

Who knew the guy from My Chemical Romance would actually be the savior DC Comics needed? Young Animals line is the hot shiz. Bug looks great!

coltessPosted: 05/31/2017 02:18 AMStatus ::

I've been wayyyyy behind in my comics. I actually just spent $90 to catch myself up to April. Some may call it a waste of money but I actually got $95 free due to a bookstore error- I wound up getting 2 of the same textbook, and despite me clearly and repeatedly telling them I wasn't charged for the second one, they handed over $95.

I'm excited to dig back into Rebirth, not so much Secret Empire.

And to give a long overdue answer to you, Mick, Infamous Iron Man thus far is fair to good. It's been pretty slow, but it had an interesting twist when I left off.

Also, something to note, assuming things keep pace we should see Action Comics 1000 next spring.

Sig by MINION
Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/31/2017 02:12 PMStatus ::

coltess Wrote:

Anything interesting to report? I'm still pretty bleh on most of what's going on.

I dug out some 80s Suicide Squad and Morrison New X-Men issues, so that's been fun.

Edit: I'd be so much more excited about Action Comics #1000 if there wasn't a big six year chunk of BS.

coltessPosted: 06/02/2017 01:22 PMStatus ::

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
coltess Wrote:

Anything interesting to report? I'm still pretty bleh on most of what's going on.

I dug out some 80s Suicide Squad and Morrison New X-Men issues, so that's been fun.

Edit: I'd be so much more excited about Action Comics #1000 if there wasn't a big six year chunk of BS.

I'm super behind, so I'm not privy to everything yet. Rebirth has been good, thus far, but slow, or perhaps it feels slow because I'm actually eager to find out what happens next. Having original Wally West back was enough to sell me on Titans, and there's an issue where he and pre-52 Superman meet up for a chat. There's a lot of nostalgia there, and DC knows it, but they aren't overplaying it (as far as I've read). Foreshadowing has been done pretty well.

Pre-52 Superman taking the reins back in Action Comics actually got me to pick up the book and has sparked a genuine liking of Superman within me. At first it felt like I was at a party and Superman was the one acquaintance I knew, so I sort of gravitated to him for some semblance of familiarity after the New 52.

Marvel has done fuk'd up and they know it. I'm actually sort of a defender of Nick Spencer, the guy is not a bad writer. When he writes things that aren't political they're usually pretty witty and charming. The problem is that he's so politically motivated that he failed to process how fatigued people would get from the constant politicization in the books. Honestly, Spencer approaches Hellblazer levels of political commentary in mainline Marvel books. From what I hear after Secret Empire Marvel's aiming for a soft reset, and after everything that's occurred since AvX, I think that's a good idea.

Also Joe Books Darkwing Duck was really good and I'm beyond pissed at its cancelation.

Sig by MINION
Page of 10

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.