Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/01/2016 09:10 PM (UTC)
Twenty years since DC vs Marvel/Marvel vs DC! Yeesh!
A few follow-up crossover battles to mark the occasion on Secret Wars on Infinite Earths:

- Superman versus Venom: DC/Marvel: All Access #1
- Batman versus Scorpion: DC/Marvel: All Access #3
- Green Lantern versus Hulk: Unlimited Access #1
- Teen Titans versus Brotherhood of Evil Mutants: Unlimited Access #3
- Black Panther versus Captain America: Tales of Suspense #98

Fifth week begins more movie inspired fun, starting with Cap & Black Panther's first fight.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/07/2016 06:00 AM (UTC)
- Choose a side with retro ‘Captain America: Civil War’ lapel pins

Pretty cool! I dig seeing the comic designs. (Team Cap also pictured in the article).
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/14/2016 04:10 AM (UTC)
- Darwyn Cooke Battling "Aggressive" Cancer

Ugh. One of the modern era's absolute best. Really hope he pulls through.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/14/2016 05:33 PM (UTC)
- Darwyn Cooke, Celebrated Comics Artist and Writer, Passes Away

Darwyn Cooke, the award-winning writer, artist and animator known for such celebrated works as "DC: The New Frontier," "Richard Stark's Parker: The Hunter" and "Catwoman," passed away overnight. He was 53. Earlier Friday, his wife Marsha Cooke announced he was receiving palliative care following an aggressive bout with cancer.

"We regret to inform you that Darwyn lost his battle with cancer early this morning at 1:30 AM ET," Cooke's family said in a statement released this morning. "We read all of your messages of support to him throughout the day yesterday. He was filled with your love and surrounded by friends and family at his home in Florida."

Promising that a long statement will be released later today, the family added, "Please continue to respect our privacy as we go through this very difficult time." The message ends with a quote from John F. Kennedy's "New Frontier" speech: “Then we shall not be weary. Then we shall prevail.”

- Celebrating Darwyn Cooke Through His Work

Crushing loss of a creative visionary. A rare modern classic touch.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/28/2016 07:30 AM (UTC)
May in The Comic Book Fight Club was half Avengers, half X-Men and all thrilling:

- Secret Avengers versus Baron Zemo: Thunderbolts #105
- Psylocke versus Iron Man: Contest of Champions II #1
- Magneto versus Apocalypse: X-Men Omega
- Magneto versus Juggernaut: What If...? #94

Dunno if there's a June. Here's hoping!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/29/2016 06:54 AM (UTC)
- "Green Lanterns" Core: Who Are Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz?

With the dawn of DC Comics' Rebirth era, Sector 2814 (which happens to include a little planet called Earth) received a new pair of Green Lanterns dedicated to protecting it: Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz.

While the former has been a part of the DC Universe for a number of years now, having debuted in the early days of the New 52, Cruz is a relative newcomer to the Green Lantern Corps, though she's spent the past year or so with the Justice League as the totally-not-evil Power Ring. But we'll get into that a bit later. First, let's run down the history of Simon Baz, her "Green Lanterns" co-star who wields a gun as well as a ring.

If you've been New 52/New GL averse, this is a great catch-up!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/06/2016 05:49 AM (UTC)
- 11 Things DC Comics Taught Us About KFC's Multidimensional Colonel Sanders

"KFC: The Colonel Corps" -- available for free on comiXology -- pits Earth-1's Colonel Sanders against an old foe: Colonel Sunder, our fast food hero's evil doppelganger from Earth-3. Colonel Sanders first encountered him in "The Colonel of Two Worlds" special, and -- in "The Colonel Corps" -- Sunder is back to his evil ways: he wants to steal Sanders' recipe and take the easy way out in conquering the restaurant business, instead of putting hard work into becoming number one. In order to overcome Sunder, Sanders teams up with his doppelgangers from across the multiverse to put an end to Sunder's plans once and for all.

It's every bit as ridiculous as it sounds, and twice as fun.

This is actually pretty hilarious. Koln-El brings it.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/09/2016 05:20 AM (UTC)
- Exclusive: Genndy Tartakovsky On His New CAGE! Comic From Marvel

Almost a decade ago animator Genndy Tartakovsky started working on a Luke Cage comic for Marvel. We waited for it... and waited, and waited and waited. Tartakovsky got busier and busier, and for a while it seemed like this Luke Cage comic was a dream that could never come true.

Except that it did! This October Tartakovsky's Cage! will finally hit stands. The first issue of the four issue limited series promises to be full of the kind of dynamic action and fun for which fans have come to love Tartakovsky, and what's more, the series is set in the fabulous, over-the-top 70s, allowing Tartakovsky a lot of room to just let loose with his designs and his imagination. Here's the solicit for the first issue:

CAGE! #1 (of 4)

GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY (W) • GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY (A/C)

From the Award-Winning creator of Dexter’s Laboratory, Samurai Jack and Hotel Transylvania! On the mean streets of Harlem, shoes are big, shirts are large, bottoms are belled and crime is rampant! But in the heart of the city, the world’s hardest-working, smack-talking, chain-wearing super hero is on the street and on the case! And his rates are reasonable! He’s CAGE! and he’ll save your behind. Dig it!

Sweet Christmas!
Coltess
07/14/2016 02:32 AM (UTC)
Dunno if anyone else has been reading Rebirth, but I just wanna point out that no-one mourns New 52 Superman. DC did nothing, he died with no fanfare from DC or WB and they just had the Real Superman step in. It's actually pretty amusing.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/14/2016 07:46 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
Dunno if anyone else has been reading Rebirth, but I just wanna point out that no-one mourns New 52 Superman. DC did nothing, he died with no fanfare from DC or WB and they just had the Real Superman step in. It's actually pretty amusing.

Do you know what comes after The Death of Superman...?

With the history he's had, maybe he can just be a straight villain when he comes back. Just a shame he didn't take the whole New 52 with him in a flaming paper bag, deposited neatly on the newly relocated DC doorstep in Burbank. DOCTOR MANHATTAN OUTTA NOWHERE!!!

I haven't really been paying attention, but I gather Marvel's next big public execution is Iron Man.

Such is... life?
Coltess
07/15/2016 02:33 PM (UTC)
But that's concerning. It's good that DC is pretty much acknowledging the New 52 was a bad idea, but the fact that they're just willing to end a major character like that with absolutely no one caring is a little disconcerting about the state of comics.

Someone asked me the other day how I felt about Riri Williams becoming Iron Man after Civil War II. First, I explained I wasn't surprised by it because I am the only person reading Invincible Iron Man. Second, I just said that she'll be Iron Man for a year, her own character for a year, a background character for a year, and forgotten by year 4 because thats how these sort of replacements work.

This is not a good thing for me to be saying.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/26/2016 05:40 AM (UTC)
- Major Spider-Man Villain Returns in True Form for "The Clone Conspiracy"

I'm glad he's back, but the past five years have just left a big bitter taste. Which gets back into what you're saying, Coltess. Marvel have wasted a huge amount of time on replacement heroes and characters dressing up as other characters, it's all just getting a little tedious.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/27/2016 06:24 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/14/2016 07:56 AM (UTC)
July on Secret Wars on Infinite Earths was all about DC Rebirths (from the past):

- Firestorm versus Brimstone: Legends #1
- Guy Gardner versus Black Hand: Guy Gardner Reborn #1
- Sinestro versus Green Lantern & Green Arrow: Green Lantern: Rebirth #4
- Reverse-Flash versus Flash & Max Mercury: Flash: Rebirth #4
- Justice League of America versus Brimstone: Legends #2

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
I haven't really been paying attention, but I gather Marvel's next big public execution is Iron Man.

Such is... life?

For anyone not paying attention, this was wrong, by the way. The actual death was:

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
... Bruce Banner (aka Hulk). Hawkeye shot him in the head.
Coltess
08/14/2016 10:23 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
July on Secret Wars on Infinite Earths was all about DC Rebirths (from the past):

- Firestorm versus Brimstone: Legends #1
- Guy Gardner versus Black Hand: Guy Gardner Reborn #1
- Sinestro versus Green Lantern & Green Arrow: Green Lantern: Rebirth #4
- Reverse-Flash versus Flash & Max Mercury: Flash: Rebirth #4
- Justice League of America versus Brimstone: Legends #2

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

Such is... life?

For anyone not paying attention, this was wrong, by the way. The actual death was:

Murdock blew that case.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/15/2016 03:36 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

Murdock blew that case.

Any details? I thought he'd just be making a defense. The act itself looked pretty explicit.

Secret Invasion II gonna follow Civil War II?
Coltess
08/15/2016 08:36 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
coltess Wrote:
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

Murdock blew that case.

Any details? I thought he'd just be making a defense. The act itself looked pretty explicit.

Daredevil is going through his own little black suit phase (which is what Spider-Man recently called it in a guest-shot). So, he's back in New York working as a prosecutor where, for reasons that escape me, the trial took place. I can't really remember, but She-Hulk may have been defense counsel. I think there is a one shot coming to cover more behind the scenes stuff of the trial.

Anyway, it's not really Murdock's fault

Hawkeye had a tape that was basically Banner telling the world that he gave Hawkeye an arrow that would neutralize his healing factor so the arrow would kill him, but it would only work if he was still Banner. He said that he knew Hawkeye was the only one who would do what needed to be done if the time came. That plus Hawkeye's record (used by both prosecution and defense) and Carol Danvers talking about the Inhuman prediction, which is now a projection viewed by others, was enough for an acquittal
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/17/2016 04:10 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
Daredevil is going through his own little black suit phase (which is what Spider-Man recently called it in a guest-shot). So, he's back in New York working as a prosecutor where, for reasons that escape me, the trial took place. I can't really remember, but She-Hulk may have been defense counsel. I think there is a one shot coming to cover more behind the scenes stuff of the trial.

I guess that's fair. If you're gonna tell the story, you might as well explore it that way.

How long ago was his Shadowland black costume phase? Zzzz...
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/22/2016 04:47 AM (UTC)
- Inside Spider-Man Unlimited -- A Look At the Original Treatment

Great look behind a pretty weird show that seemed to come from nowhere!

This week's Comic Book Legends Revealed also highlights the fact that it was originally supposed to literally adapt early issues of Amzaing. Talk about one extreme to the other!
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

08/29/2016 02:42 AM (UTC)
Haven't posted around here in a while.

There are a few series I'm looking forward to this fall:
Heman/Thundercats crossover
Infamous Iron
Unworthy Thor
Death of X

other than that there are some single issues I'm looking forward to. There is a Batman issue coming up where he will face bane. Also looking forward to finishing up Civil War 2 and Dark Knight master race.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/02/2016 02:38 PM (UTC)
Remember August? Feels like it was just yesterday. It is on Secret Wars on Infinite Earths:

- Suicide Squad versus Brimstone: Legends #3
- Rick Flag versus Batman: Suicide Squad #10
- Batman & Catwoman versus Harley Quinn: Batman #613
- Bronze Tiger versus Enchantress: Legends #3

Suicide Squad month spills into September before an early Sweet Christmas!

Kabal20 Wrote:
other than that there are some single issues I'm looking forward to. There is a Batman issue coming up where he will face bane. Also looking forward to finishing up Civil War 2 and Dark Knight master race.

Right on! How you liking the Civil War and DKR sequels? I'm a bit iffy.
Coltess
09/03/2016 03:43 AM (UTC)
Civil War 2 has been OK. Not great. Not bad. I think I enjoyed Original Sin and Age of Ultron more in terms of recent Marvel events. It's better than the recent Secret Wars. I have no frame of reference for how others felt about that, but to me it was just a massive excuse to bring non-616 characters into 616 and shave down their multiverse titles.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/10/2016 03:52 AM (UTC)
- DC’s Hawkman-Adam Strange Miniseries Reveals Ominous True Title

After a career of galaxy-spanning adventures, Adam Strange finds himself trying to live a “normal” life when he’s pulled back into interplanetary calamity and chaos once again! When a seemingly normal Zeta beam transmission returns him to the planet Rann, he finds the capital city of Ranagar in ruins, and his once peaceful beloved Alanna crying out for the blood of Rann’s oldest enemy, Thanagar. The evil Despero has brainwashed Rann’s citizens into thinking that Thanagar is responsible for the attack. As Rann gears up to counter-attack, the Hawkmen get word of the impending attack and plan a preemptive strike of their own.

As both civilizations march toward war, both Strange and Katar Hol have now become fugitives from Rann and Thanagar. With certain death hanging over both their heads, the clock is ticking, and both heroes must race to find out Despero’s ultimate goal and prevent the destruction of two worlds!

“Death of Hawkman” #1 goes on sale Oct. 5.

Ughhh. I hope that's just a dramatic title. So over this kinda shit.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/27/2016 02:57 PM (UTC)
Good idea: Bring General Zod back to the DCU.
Bad idea: Kill off Captain Boomerang for a dramatic entrance.

Okay, so I'm not sure I really believe Captain Boomerang is dead. I'm just sour on the whole circus of pretending. Interesting that Zod's making a comeback to the comics, though.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

10/06/2016 05:21 AM (UTC)
September was unbreakable skin month on Secret Wars on Infinite Earths:

- Bane versus Killer Croc: Batman #489
- Avengers versus Juggernaut: Thunderbolts #150
- Luke Cage versus The Untouchables: Cage #3
- Purple Man versus Luke Cage: New Avengers #3
- Avengers versus Luke Cage: New Avengers #2

Possessed Luke Cage is a sign of things to come. October will be full of spookiness.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.