Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/10/2013 11:13 PMStatus ::
Injustice: Killer Frost & Ares Gameplay Trailer

Killer Frost & Ares are the two most recent characters to join the Injustice: Gods Among Us playable roster [read more]. In this new trailer [via Gamespot], the pair show off their fighting aresnal in the throne room of Atlantis!

Mortal Kombat fans will find familiar territory in the Killer Frost character, whose attacks ring more than a little familiar to Sub-Zero. With rampant speculation about higher regarded ice-themed characters -- like Captain Cold -- you've got to think the overriding factor here is the powers of easy breezy similarity, rather than more inventive (and less flowing) manipulations of ice.

Traditional Wonder Woman nemesis and all around God of War Ares brings a variety of swords and battle axes to the fight. A cinematic super-move sees a giant-size Ares blot out the sun, summoning a thousand arrows from unseen archers; 300. The change in environment is a bit harder to explain than in Killer Frost's super - a blizzard complete with lethal ice sculptures.

Injustice: Gods Among Us rounds out a confirmed roster of twenty-four playable characters! Check out more trailers featuring: Black Adam, Raven, Deathstroke, Green Arrow & Catwoman. For more still, revisit previous rounds of Injustice Battle Arena and weigh-in on the inevitable final bout: Batman versus Superman!

Injustice: Gods Among Us is less than a week away! Arriving April 16; the DC superhero fighter will wage war via PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 & Nintendo Wii U! Get ahead of the battle by downloading the free Injustice iOS App on mobile devices! Discuss all these and more on the DC Universe Injustice forum!

Jaded-RavenPosted: 04/10/2013 11:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark
RE: Injustice: Killer Frost & Ares Gameplay Trailer

I really don't know what I think of these two. I don't really know them, have only seen Killer Frost in DCU Online as a questgiver, so I don't have anything to base my opinion on other than what I've seen from this game so far. And that's not a lot to go by.

Ares looks out of place with his armour, an ancient Greek god amongst modern comicbook heroes. It looks a bit off, imo. However, his moveset is rather cool, conjuring blades like that.

Killer Frost looks to me what Frost from MK could become. Hopefully Frost will take some inspiration from KF when it comes to her moveset, because it looks really cool (no pun intended). Also, the element of ice has always been one of my favourite elements, and as mentioned in another thread, KF's super looks a bit like Shiva's Diamond Dust from the Final Fantasy series, Shiva being my favourite summon of the whole series. ^^

So I guess I am positive about these two, though I would actually rather see some characters I already knew from DCU. From what I understand, Ares and KF aren't all that popular (I base that on the fact I've never really seen them before). Instead of Ares, I would have loved to see Circe. And maybe instead of KF, maybe Starfire, Mr Freeze (I know, I know, another Batman character) or hey, Martian Manhunter who is rather popular and one of the most wanted characters to be in this game!

RiyakouPosted: 04/10/2013 11:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::5624
Nationality::United States

Just taking it from the other thread:
I know it's a little too late - and unnecessary - to say this, but I'm kinda pissed it took this long for them to release the entire roster.

Anyhoo, I'm loving both characters' gameplay, Ares' a little more, though. Killer Frost is cool (pun obviously intended), but I only respond to one ice-related character in fighting games, and it is very difficult for me to see any other ice-related character separate from him. It's Sub-Zero, in case anyone was wondering.

As for Ares, he seems like the battle brute of the game, kind of like Miguel in Tekken. Strong hard hits will little effort, but a lot of balance. However, Ares seems much faster than Miguel, and if he is indeed speedy, it could make his hard-hitting moves a bit overpowering. Still, he's nice.

Now, waiting for Martian Manhunter...

Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Ares looks out of place with his armour, an ancient Greek god amongst modern comicbook heroes. It looks a bit off, imo. However, his moveset is rather cool, conjuring blades like that.

Wonder Woman's comic series dwells deep within Greek mythology, so Ares' inclusion is quite fitting. Still, his armor is far from Greek. I like him in this game, though. He seems pretty sweet.

Jaded-RavenPosted: 04/10/2013 11:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

Riyakou Wrote:

Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Wonder Woman's comic series dwells deep within Greek mythology, so Ares' inclusion is quite fitting. Still, his armor is far from Greek. I like him in this game, though. He seems pretty sweet.

Oh, I didn't mean his armour was Greek, but that he is. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :P

NephritePosted: 04/11/2013 12:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::3777
Nationality::Croatia

Ares' super move is nice, but I'm not feeling anything else regarding him, from his looks to his gameplay.

KF seems alright.

hayder_onlinePosted: 04/11/2013 07:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::1668
Nationality::Colombia

Nice...Kiler Frost copied Quan Chi winning stance...

MINIONPosted: 04/11/2013 09:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::11469

Man my hype and excitement goes way above normal standards for this game. I'm even more hyped for this then i was for MK9... #ComicNerd

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
AcCooper20Posted: 04/11/2013 09:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::801

MINION Wrote:
Man my hype and excitement goes way above normal standards for this game. I'm even more hyped for this then i was for MK9... #ComicNerd

Same here man.Video games have been my passion my whole life and I dont think ive ever been as hyped about a game as I have this one. I cant believe we only have 5 days left!!! seems unreal.

MINIONPosted: 04/11/2013 09:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::11469

AcCooper20 Wrote:
MINION Wrote:

Same here man.Video games have been my passion my whole life and I dont think ive ever been as hyped about a game as I have this one. I cant believe we only have 5 days left!!! seems unreal.

I agree. And when MM arrives. This game will be officially complete for me.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 04/11/2013 09:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

Copy and pasted from other thread.

Anyone else think Ares is sneezing or coughing during his super?

"Blerghh Hahh!"

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/11/2013 09:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::19577

Ares' intro made me laugh out loud. Hope there's a cool, cobalt blue alt.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. No whining!
GodlyShinnokPosted: 04/11/2013 11:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::4818
Nationality::Panama

Both look awesome, I'm about 80% sure Ares will be my main.

DetoxPosted: 04/11/2013 11:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::4247

Gangster.

It'll never happen though.

*EDIT* I can see people maining him for the teleport alone.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
PickleMendipPosted: 04/12/2013 03:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::29
Nationality::United Kingdom

HOLY CRAP i jumped back in my seat because of the awesome!!!

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.
T-rexPosted: 04/13/2013 06:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::6346
Nationality::Belarus

OUR ARROWS WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN!

I think I just peed a little.

Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.