riki0017 Wrote:

Female Tarkata (from MK2011 Baraka ending)

Fav grin

Ka-Tra
riki0017
06/05/2013 08:15 PM (UTC)
Thx guyz!

Injustice Scorpion:

More coming soon....wink
SnakeEyeTony
06/06/2013 06:43 AM (UTC)

Keep them coming wink Great edit as always ...
riki0017
06/17/2013 01:04 PM (UTC)
OK guyz, I'm kinda back now....

Here is one I made just now, Goro from the first MK movie.

balkcsiaboot
06/17/2013 01:35 PM (UTC)
riki0017 Wrote:

His head looks too ripped and sized down from the MK movie...

I only like your sprite edits that don't borrow from pre-existing material.
riki0017
06/17/2013 02:12 PM (UTC)
One fake: Goro defeated The Great Kung Lao.

riki0017
06/17/2013 02:17 PM (UTC)
blacksaibot Wrote:
riki0017 Wrote:

His head looks too ripped and sized down from the MK movie...

I only like your sprite edits that don't borrow from pre-existing material.

Well that would be the f**k part just to draw one point pixels after each other, it would take a week or two to create one sprite and maybe it would look awful too....I rather like to create sprites by borrowing other stuff, yet my aid is to edit them to look original. I mean realistic, not animated style.
riki0017
06/17/2013 04:06 PM (UTC)
New arena: The Dragon King's Temple (MKD)

SnakeEyeTony
06/17/2013 04:58 PM (UTC)
Welcome back.I kinda like the goro sprite even though you " borrowed " .
The fake ... to be honest with u , no offense , i am a little disappointed.Expected a little more , the shadows seem weird , and there isn't much going on there.I guess practice makes perfect ( hint : we expect more wink ).The new arena is ok ,except for that mk logo... Hope to see more sprites soon...maybe kai ...
riki0017
06/17/2013 05:44 PM (UTC)
SnakeEyeTony Wrote:
Welcome back.I kinda like the goro sprite even though you " borrowed " .
The fake ... to be honest with u , no offense , i am a little disappointed.Expected a little more , the shadows seem weird , and there isn't much going on there.I guess practice makes perfect ( hint : we expect more wink ).The new arena is ok ,except for that mk logo... Hope to see more sprites soon...maybe kai ...

Hey,

Thanks for the Goro one.
Hahaha no offense, no worries grin I wasn't really in the mood, it was just a quick one. I wanted to put a totally different background there as an arena, which I was going to make. I'm gonna make it next time which will look badass, I swear it!. :)

Yepp, more sprites including Kai are being made. Coming soon.
riki0017
06/18/2013 10:21 AM (UTC)
Onaga's death FAKE (still with my old DK temple arena)

Here is the Onaga sprite

And a quick one but I think it can't be better, Siro

And here comes Kai from MK4

See you guyz soon!
riki0017
06/18/2013 10:56 AM (UTC)
Lin Kuei Palace (with MK:C Grandmaster in the front)

balkcsiaboot
06/18/2013 11:58 AM (UTC)
riki0017 Wrote:

Euch...

Not a fan of this one. You can't just slap-around a bunch of lin kuei logos in a blue colored bank stage and expect people to believe its a lin kuei palace. Why on earth would the LK need light bulbs if they have torches? To make it worse, you have a yellow-ish flame in this arena with absolutely no recoloring of the walls to acknowledge their existence. Same goes for the candles.

The only thing I can admire is your use of the Kave props from UMK3.

Other than that, this is not so great. Especially because of the resized picture of Kahn's Throne from MK Conquest.
riki0017
06/18/2013 12:57 PM (UTC)
blacksaibot Wrote:
riki0017 Wrote:

Euch...

Not a fan of this one. You can't just slap-around a bunch of lin kuei logos in a blue colored bank stage and expect people to believe its a lin kuei palace. Why on earth would the LK need light bulbs if they have torches? To make it worse, you have a yellow-ish flame in this arena with absolutely no recoloring of the walls to acknowledge their existence. Same goes for the candles.

The only thing I can admire is your use of the Kave props from UMK3.

Other than that, this is not so great. Especially because of the resized picture of Kahn's Throne from MK Conquest.

It's not finished yet. And I don't expect anything from people, I edit my stuff the way I think it looks good, also I am so bored of the overused classic MK props...

(Just mention, the MKA lin Kuei palace design looks horrible for me. Nothing more than an empty temple with high walls. The MKM palace is okay, but I will make another one with the MKM grandmaster in the front which looks exactly the same as it does in the game. I want this one to look more conquest style, however in the series you can't see anything but shadow and myst.)
Anyway, feel free to save and edit it as you want.
Also, I'm a fan of Kreeya, and as you see I can't make her too good. I would be pleased to see a Kreeya sprite from you. :)
balkcsiaboot
06/18/2013 03:46 PM (UTC)
riki0017 Wrote:
Also, I'm a fan of Kreeya, and as you see I can't make her too good. I would be pleased to see a Kreeya sprite from you. :)

I don't do sprites of characters I despise wholeheartedly.
I'm one of those artists who are incapable of producing art if what they're "drawing" is not something they care about.

Besides; when my daughter is at the age where she doesn't interrupt me every 15 minutes, I'll get back to sprites and fakes.
riki0017
06/18/2013 04:25 PM (UTC)
Alright, well I like when someone likes my work, I also like critics, but I gotta tell you guyz that I do mainly for MY pleasure what I do.

G'day mates, see ya soon! ;)
saiZero
About Me

06/19/2013 02:46 AM (UTC)
ive enjoyed looking at all ur sprites. some r very very original and i love them. great work.

although i have to agree, resizing pre existing stuff isnt ur strong point.
riki0017
06/23/2013 10:15 AM (UTC)
Hey, my new thought was to create the Elder Gods sprites....here are some:

Argus

Elder God of Fire (MKM:SZ)

Elder God from MKvsDC Liu Kang ending (1)

Elder Goddess from MKvsDC Liu Kang ending (2)

Elder God from MK2011 Raiden screen capture (1)

Elder God from MK2011 Raiden screen capture (2)

Elder God from 'Senate of the elder gods' unused arena

Elder God of Water (MKM:SZ)

riki0017
07/11/2013 07:02 PM (UTC)
Another Elder God

Asgaarth from MK:DoTR

The God of Chaos

balkcsiaboot
07/11/2013 11:46 PM (UTC)
Are you ever going to put your sprites to life?
riki0017
07/12/2013 11:26 AM (UTC)
Yepp...soon
riki0017
07/12/2013 11:47 AM (UTC)
King Jerrod

Grum

Orin and Caro

SnakeEyeTony
07/12/2013 04:39 PM (UTC)
I like them ...That god of chaos kinda looks like gandalf(if his outfit and beard were white).
By the way u promised me some umk3 ninja palette swaps(no hurry...just wanna know if u r going to make them) ...
Also can u tell me how do u make white/black palette swaps (I use an online version of photoshop , witch has a color replacement tool ,but it does not work for black or white...I know i sound like a noob , but i really do not know how to make them) ...
balkcsiaboot
07/12/2013 04:51 PM (UTC)
SnakeEyeTony Wrote:
I like them ...That god of chaos kinda looks like gandalf(if his outfit and beard were white).
By the way u promised me some umk3 ninja palette swaps(no hurry...just wanna know if u r going to make them) ...
Also can u tell me how do u make white/black palette swaps (I use an online version of photoshop , witch has a color replacement tool ,but it does not work for black or white...I know i sound like a noob , but i really do not know how to make them) ...

I don't know anything about photoshop.... but what I can tell you is how to do it on a similar program (paintshoppro) - as I understand it, they have similar names for tools, if not, the same names.

Select the pixels you want white and change the color to have a Hue and Saturation of both 0. This turns it to "grayscale"

Use two tools called Dodge and Burn
Burn - darkens pixels
Dodge - lightens pixels

So you can turn whatever is now "grayscaled" into lighter pixels to appear white with the dodge tool. You can create realistic shading effects using the burn tool so it's not so "flat" looking like the muscles in Asgaarth's (the bird dude sprite) arms
SnakeEyeTony
07/12/2013 06:00 PM (UTC)
Thanks Bs!
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.