Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/23/2013 04:44 AM (UTC)
Kitana.

What's with Kitana not being so popular anymore? Kitana used to be the best girl of the series but then Mileena became more popular.

Edit: What the hell?! I voted Kitana but my vote went to Khameleon! Someone fix this... Edit #2: Never mind. It's working now.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/23/2013 05:03 AM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
What's with Kitana not being so popular anymore? Kitana used to be the best girl of the series but then Mileena became more popular.
People, especially people on MKO are hyper critical of Kitana. She's still probably the most popular girl and one of the most popular characters in general but people really love to tear her down. But I suppose that's true for all of the sacred cow characters, especially the ninjas.
RedSumac
06/23/2013 07:27 AM (UTC)
Khameleon.

It's not that I don't like, it's just that I like Khameleon a bit more.
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
06/23/2013 09:36 AM (UTC)
Kitana
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Kitana.

I've always loved Kitana. I think she may be seeing a decline in popularity because her story arc hasn't really gone anywhere for some time. Mileena has flourished and received so much love because of how she's evolved as a character, Kitana hasn't been shown as much love by NRS. They need to step up their game with her if they bring her back.
Nephrite
06/23/2013 01:51 PM (UTC)
Kitana, despite her disgusting MK(2011) alt costume.

Mick, did you have to write Princess Kitana in the OP? Terrible...

tongue
KungLaodoesntsuck
06/23/2013 03:28 PM (UTC)
tgrant Wrote:
Kitana
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Kitana.

Mileena has flourished and received so much love because of how she's evolved as a character

So being a childlike slut is evolution? The only reason Mileena is popular is because she's a sex symbol. I mean sure, she was quite cunning in Deception, but I guess having a brain just wasn't what NRS wanted for Mileena.
Dirk89stensrud
06/23/2013 05:19 PM (UTC)
So being a childlike slut is evolution? The only reason Mileena is popular is because she's a sex symbol. I mean sure, she was quite cunning in Deception, but I guess having a brain just wasn't what NRS wanted for Mileena.

I was just gonna say she's become more popular than Kitana because she wears increasingly less clothes in each game. Shang Tsung's lab Mileena alt anyone?
Taintedwisp
About Me

Play starcraft 2? Check out Evo-Frenzy on the sc2 Arcade :), comments and questions @ Evofrenzy.forumotion.com

06/23/2013 09:06 PM (UTC)
Khameleon, but only because I HATE kitana, shes such a bore.grinconfusedwowtonguefurious
Icebaby
06/23/2013 09:07 PM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
tgrant Wrote:
Kitana
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Kitana.

Mileena has flourished and received so much love because of how she's evolved as a character

At least Mileena is more interesting than Kitana when it comes to her story.

With Kitana, she's a character who is either trying to save her home world, or she is in trouble with the latest enemy, i.e. Kahn and Onaga. Other than that, she's pretty much a boring character with a story that hasn't really gone anywhere too exciting.

That's the same instance with Khameleon... A boring character with a story that didn't go anywhere too exciting. Oh, we see that she's trying to gain revenge against Kahn for destroying her home world. Even though her story also included Reptile in it, it went nowhere because he was so loyal to Kahn, to which we get even more disappointed when it comes to that character's story.

As much as I went into detail about these two characters coming from my perspective... again, I'm not voting, neither of these characters are hardly worth my time playing... Ooh, bitchy...
KungLaodoesntsuck
06/23/2013 09:29 PM (UTC)
I'm not defending Kitana or Mileena, just simply citing why Mileena got so popular.

Heck, I'm not even voting this round.
FrostMK
06/23/2013 10:49 PM (UTC)
I vote for Khameleon, I like her way more.
Klaudio
06/24/2013 12:37 AM (UTC)
Kitana is passed because is she`s always beed good and convincing character,because his remarkable fan weapons,and his atractive,his experience and knowledge,brave,determined and good person,my favourite shemale character.For Khameleon i just know that she changing colors of shemale njinjas like Kitana,Jade,Millena,Tanya and Skarlet,she is good,but,not better than Kitana,and i for women in blue grin
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/24/2013 01:01 AM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
tgrant Wrote:
Kitana
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Kitana.

I agree with sex symbol, considering Mileena wore a thong in deception.
But childlike slut? She's definitely not a slut, she's never even had sex. No character in MK has had sex. (Well, maybe Shao Kahn has behind the scenes). I just don't get why being a cunning symbol of fucking makes you somehow one of the most popular characters in Mortal Kombat.
Icebaby
06/24/2013 01:53 AM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
I just don't get why being a cunning symbol of fucking makes you somehow one of the most popular characters in Mortal Kombat.

Men + ( . )( . ) = Fame... Sort of.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/24/2013 02:36 AM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
tgrant Wrote:
Kitana
Quanchi9 Wrote:
Kitana.

I don't think anyone is going to say scantily clad costumes haven't captured a certain amount of the audience, but that doesn't tell the whole story. Not everyone is a pre-pubescent male.

Being "a childlike slut" - for better or worse - is an evolution.
It (to some extent) compliments the character traits that were already there, adding texture to the 'ugly stepchild' as assassin. It's an exaggerated extrapolation of a common social situation. Most importantly, it's also a development of the character that defies any stagnancy in her active role in the plot. She can be stuck in the same rut of repetition as any other character, but still enjoy some sense of forward movement.

That's undoubtedly where she has one over on Kitana, who's grappled with variations on the same basic role for 20 years, or more generic versions of it.
corayfor
06/24/2013 02:46 AM (UTC)
this is hard man....I MEAN THEY ARE BOTH FUCKING SHENJAS(female ninjas) sadfurioustongue

Seriously yea Kitana has a boring story but her gameplay rocks. She had some of the sickest juggle combos back in the day. Leave the slutty image to Mileena. Kitana is here to kick ass not pass out hard-ons.

Khameleon??? She is like Chameleon. I like her but how the fuck can I compare her to Kitana? Why was she favored over Chameleon. I mean yea she has boobs but you can not see themtongue. Her story is interesting at first but later dissapointing. Stupid Reptiletongue. Her gameplay is a no contest. A rip off. Please do not give up on this Kharacter NRS.

That said it is only right that I vote for Kitana the blue shenja. Sorry Khameleon I really like you but you fucking met your match today lol
RedSumac
06/24/2013 04:27 AM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
With Kitana, she's a character who is either trying to save her home world, or she is in trouble with the latest enemy, i.e. Kahn and Onaga. Other than that, she's pretty much a boring character with a story that hasn't really gone anywhere too exciting.

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
It (to some extent) compliments the character traits that were already there, adding texture to the 'ugly stepchild' as assassin. It's an exaggerated extrapolation of a common social situation. Most importantly, it's also a development of the character that defies any stagnancy in her active role in the plot. She can be stuck in the same rut of repetition as any other character, but still enjoy some sense of forward movement.

Being a childlike slut is nothing, but degeneration of the character. It was an uneeded exageration. Simpliest route to take with the character, instead giving him / her elaborate storyline. It could be an evolution only in the eyes of someone who knew nothing about Mileena in the past games. Mileena, prior to MK9 was somewhat tragic character with cunning personality, that went beyong "RAWR!! I half nakid!! GONNA BYTE!! In the name of Kahn!!".
As for Kitana - prior to MK9 she had personality beyond damsel in distress. That alone makes her stronger character, than her MK9 incarantion.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/24/2013 04:36 AM (UTC)

Bo' Rai Cho may have been born to Outworld, but as a martial arts master he chooses to train the best warriors of Earthrealm in preparation for Shang Tsung's tournament! Reptile may have been born to Zaterra, but he chooses to use his skills as an invisible bodyard to protect the evil sorcerer Shang Tsung and their true overlord - Shao Kahn! Adopted realms hang in the balance - who will reign supreme?!

Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/24/2013 04:49 AM (UTC)
RedSumac Wrote:
Icebaby Wrote:

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

Being a childlike slut is nothing, but degeneration of the character. It was an uneeded exageration. Simpliest route to take with the character, instead giving him / her elaborate storyline. It could be an evolution only in the eyes of someone who knew nothing about Mileena in the past games. Mileena, prior to MK9 was somewhat tragic character with cunning personality, that went beyong "RAWR!! I half nakid!! GONNA BYTE!! In the name of Kahn!!".

If every character in the series is going to enjoy a satisfying degree of development, they all need to be embellished in unique ways. The concept for an impetuous and sexualized Mileena is logical and an adequate way to build in contrast to counterpart characters like Kitana. It isn't a contradiction, it's a development. Exact execution of the concept may be lacking, but that's almost universally true of MK characters given screen time. Given the fluid nature of how these characters develop, I don't think there's much value in dwelling on that too much. Not until a game follows it up and determines where things are going post-reboot.

I don't think changes to Mileena's origins (in MK2011) were particularly necessary, nor do I think she should therefore behave literally like a child, but I don't think those are likely to be long term issues. I also don't think that's the conversation. We're talking about developments that were introduced no later than Deception. It's in overview, from MKII to present, that Mileena has at least maintained some sense of forward movement (whether we like specifics, or not). Kitana has struggled.
Vash_15
About Me
06/24/2013 05:11 AM (UTC)
Stop using his MK4 portrait. It's like you want Reptile to lose, putting his worst costume on display.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/24/2013 05:24 AM (UTC)
I proudly vote Reptile. He's one of my favorite characters and always will be. It's really a shame he didn't really do much in story mode. Now for his costumes, people will think I'm crazy as hell for saying this, but I actually kind of like his MK4 costume.
phishstix17
06/24/2013 05:59 AM (UTC)
MK4 is by far his best costume. Why people want him dressed in ninja garb is beyond me. We all know his secret by now...
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
06/24/2013 07:13 AM (UTC)
Cheers Mick, for understanding where I was going with what I said about Mileena's evolution.

For this round my vote goes to Reptile. He's always been awesome and continues to be. I just wish they'd get a new story arc for him and have him serve himself for once.
RedSumac
06/24/2013 08:48 AM (UTC)
Bo'Rai Cho.

I don't like farts and vomits as gimmick, but otherwise he is an interesting character. At least, he is much more of a character, than Reptile who perma-stuck in the role of the low henchman.
Nephrite
06/24/2013 09:05 AM (UTC)
Reptile, but just barely. Oh and, I'm another one who likes his MK4 costume. tongue
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.