06/03/2013 08:34 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:

Shinnok has NO god powers of his own anymore. He was stripped of those. They're gone. Every drop of supernatural ability he currently has as a character comes from the Throne of Hell. Which makes him master of the dead and resurrections and portals...but not much else.

Second, when he's holding the Fake Amulet, using its supposed powers, Quan Chi is always nearby using the real amulet to simulate those powers for him so he never notices the amulet's just a cheap piece of bronze.

That's how Shinnok lost MK4. Scorpion teleported Quan Chi away, so suddenly, Shinnok lost all his power without even noticing, and walked into the final battle thinking he was still omnipotent only to get creamed.

And there lies one hell of an awesome subplot to explore in the next game.

But considering Shinnok knew exactly what would happen with Shao Kahn and Raiden, he must have known Raiden was receiving visions. He may very well also know, this time around, of Quan Chi's deception, and may be planning ahead for the sorceror's doom.
RazorsEdge701
06/03/2013 09:27 PM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
But considering Shinnok knew exactly what would happen with Shao Kahn and Raiden

There's no real indication Shinnok and Quan Chi knew or predicted anything except "If Kahn gets desperate, you can convince him to invade and then profit from all the deaths until the Elder Gods shut him down."

Which is something they did in the old timeline too, they helped Kahn rez Sindel, knowing he'd fail in his play for Earth, and in the aftermath, the way would be clear to take their own shot.
That's not really knowing the future, or knowing about the other timeline or about Raiden's visions. That's just knowing how to manipulate Kahn's personality.
06/03/2013 09:40 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Riyakou Wrote:
But considering Shinnok knew exactly what would happen with Shao Kahn and Raiden

There's no real indication Shinnok and Quan Chi knew or predicted anything...

Quan Chi's line, "Your plan worked to perfection, Lord Shinnok." does give a bit of an implication that Shinnok and Quan Chi knew what would happen.

Shinnok's plan was obviously for Shao Kahn to die, which didn't happen previously. Shinnok had to have known something.
RazorsEdge701
06/03/2013 09:56 PM (UTC)
The plan that "worked to perfection" was convincing Kahn to invade Earth. The only end result they desired that is stated out loud in that scene was that in the aftermath, Earth and Outworld would both be left vulnerable to an attack from the Netherealm.

Which they would still be even if Kahn were merely weakened by a defeat at the hands of Liu Kang instead of killed by the Elder Gods. They never specified that he needed to die for the plan to work.

Like I said, I see no difference between their plotting in this timeline and their plotting in the old timeline. They just got more dead soldiers to work with this time around, to the tune of a dozen good guys instead of Mileena, Baraka, and Reptile. And that's Raiden's fault alone, Quan didn't do that shit.
corayfor
06/03/2013 10:33 PM (UTC)
^^^ I too believe the Neatherrealm's plan was to strengthen first and then attack later just as the old timeline. Heck Noob was a spy in MK2 during his younger days in the brotherhood.

If you watch closely MK9 shows how Shinnock and his minions were plotting for a future assault - Quan Chi and Noob were dead giveaways.

SN: That's a 1up for Scorpion for teleporting/trapping Quan back in the Neatherrealm, thus allowing Shinnock to fall. I never looked at it that waysmile. SN: But how is it raiden's faultwowconfusedwow
jpatricks8
06/03/2013 10:35 PM (UTC)
Gotta go with the first lady! She is my fav!
RazorsEdge701
06/03/2013 10:44 PM (UTC)
corayfor Wrote:
But how is it raiden's fault

Two reasons:

1) Raiden killed Motaro to stop him from killing Johnny Cage. As a result, Shao Kahn made Sindel the new general and gave her all of Shang Tsung's power.

2) Raiden didn't save Sub-Zero from being turned into a robot. As a result, the Lin Kuei pledged loyalty to Shao Kahn and fought on his side during the invasion.

Thus, when Cyber-Sub-Zero defected to Raiden's side, Sektor and co. were able to track his location to the church. And Sindel went there and killed everybody.

So Quan Chi having a giant army of dead good guys was caused entirely by Raiden picking the wrong visions to change and Quan didn't cause any of it, he just got lucky.
corayfor
06/04/2013 12:22 AM (UTC)
So Quan Chi having a giant army of dead good guys was caused entirely by Raiden picking the wrong visions to change and Quan didn't cause any of it, he just got lucky.

You are so right, man. Kudos to you. Yea watching Sub go down (again) was unbearable to watch, stupid Raiden. But on the flip side Sub helped to locate and disable the soulnado so that may prove to be a plus, or a big minus due to the essence of the "perfected" Noob Saibot, in the future.
Klaudio
06/04/2013 12:42 AM (UTC)
I don` ever likely Sonya,but she is better at this time at Kira,i`m a little bit watching Kira,strange character,just stay on one leg and this is it,Sonya is apsolutely better than this freak!!! smile
JUST_A_TARKATAN
06/04/2013 02:44 AM (UTC)
i chose kira belive it or not. i kinda like her. and skarlite reminds me of her
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/04/2013 04:03 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Quan Chi is always nearby using the real amulet to simulate those powers for him so he never notices the amulet's just a cheap piece of bronze.
That's a problem. Like he doesn't see that shit? That's some shit he should most definitely see.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/04/2013 04:33 AM (UTC)

A betrayal of trust creates new arch-rivals! Maj. Jackson "Jax" Briggs is the cybernetically-enhanced long arm of the law, fighting for truth and justice as part of the Special Forces! Hsu Hao was to have been a new recruit, but when his ulterior motives as a member of the Red Dragon are revealed, the price of infiltration is the lives of other OIA agents! This time it's personal as Round 1 kontinues!

phishstix17
06/04/2013 04:41 AM (UTC)
I was about to make a joke about this "randomly" seeded tournament: Stay tuned for Jax vs. Hsu Hao. I guess I don't have to....

You guys are free to do this any way you please, but why bring it back and say you've randominzed the matches this time? Every match is still calculated for a certain outcome.
TonyTheTiger
About Me

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.

06/04/2013 05:14 AM (UTC)
phishstix17 Wrote:
I was about to make a joke about this "randomly" seeded tournament: Stay tuned for Jax vs. Hsu Hao. I guess I don't have to....

You guys are free to do this any way you please, but why bring it back and say you've randominzed the matches this time? Every match is still calculated for a certain outcome.

Why would that happen? How would it serve anyone, staff or otherwise, to calculate an outcome? The fact that there's no benefit should help convince you it isn't the case. That and basic integrity. But if it makes you feel any better, consider that MK has one of the most robust casts in fighting game history and a very large percentage of that cast is pretty well known, and...ya know...good. The probability of any character finding him or herself put up against one of the many "classics" of the series is pretty high.
phishstix17
06/04/2013 05:31 AM (UTC)
Like I said, it's not a big deal. But Sonya vs. her Evil counterpart, Jax vs. his evil counterpart, Sub-Zero vs. his MKD adversary, two female demons, 2 people selected to be the chosen one in MKD, and Shinnok and his sidekick is too coincidental for me. Especially because it then leads to Sub-Zero vs. his demon lover and Scorpion vs. the guy who killed his clan, then Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion.

Random would be: Ashrah vs. Baraka, Sub-Zero vs. Tanya, Quan Chi vs. Sheeva etc.

This comes off too calculated to me is all.

I mean, don't worry. I'm not losing sleep over this tournament or anything, haha. It just seems weird to paint it as random when it's clearly not.
FROID
About Me

06/04/2013 06:38 AM (UTC)
I voted Jax because C'mon Its friggin Jax. also.....

this became the outcome of their encounter.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/04/2013 07:23 AM (UTC)
phishstix17 Wrote:
Like I said, it's not a big deal. But Sonya vs. her Evil counterpart, Jax vs. his evil counterpart, Sub-Zero vs. his MKD adversary, two female demons, 2 people selected to be the chosen one in MKD, and Shinnok and his sidekick is too coincidental for me. Especially because it then leads to Sub-Zero vs. his demon lover and Scorpion vs. the guy who killed his clan, then Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion.

Random would be: Ashrah vs. Baraka, Sub-Zero vs. Tanya, Quan Chi vs. Sheeva etc.

This comes off too calculated to me is all.

I mean, don't worry. I'm not losing sleep over this tournament or anything, haha. It just seems weird to paint it as random when it's clearly not.
I mean all those results would still be the same. The same group of MKII characters will still be the most popular plus Ermac.
Nephrite
06/04/2013 10:11 AM (UTC)
Jax
RedSumac
06/04/2013 10:56 AM (UTC)
Voted Jax.
Though this tournament doesn't look random anymore. Even if outcome will be the same, it doesn't mean, that initial setup should be planned like this. There is nothing random, really.

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:

It's indirect Raiden's fault. It was not caused by stupidity, but simply by the fact, that future can change in most strange ways possible. Nobody could know what Kahn will do in case of Motaro's death.

As for Sub-Zero - it was already debated many times, that Raiden couldn't interfere there, because it happened right in front of Kahn and his minions. More than this - Kahn directly agrred for Lin Kuei terms and if Raiden interfered, he would directly go against Kahn and his minions. And the last thing, that Raiden needed at the moment was a full scale attack at his warriors and himself or Kahn declaring tournament "not valid" anymore.

KungLaodoesntsuck
06/04/2013 12:11 PM (UTC)
I'm glad characters are being matched up against each other based on story connections or similarities, but most of these match-ups are pretty one sided. I mean come on, Jax vs. Hsu Hao? Who do you think is going to win?

Obviously Jax.
Toxik
About Me
06/04/2013 01:28 PM (UTC)
Hsu Hao... Just to go with the underdog.
Icebaby
06/04/2013 01:28 PM (UTC)
Ya'know, if you're ticked about how random these matches are, then vote for the less popular one to see if it makes a difference. I did it for Kira, despite that it didn't do anything. But if you're so confident in trying to change the results, then vote for the less popular one and see if it does anything.

Or, you know... just don't give a fuck about it and play the damn game.

Also, my vote goes to Jax, because this guy already said my reason:

FROID Wrote:
I voted Jax because C'mon Its friggin Jax. also.....

this became the outcome of their encounter.
Keith
06/04/2013 01:46 PM (UTC)
Jax.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

06/04/2013 05:42 PM (UTC)
Jackson Briggs.
MKKitana
06/04/2013 07:19 PM (UTC)
Last few votes

Kira (Not a fan of either really but Sonyas worse)

Hsu Hao (I think he has potential as a character whereas Jax has always been a bit dull to me)

Not really surprised by any results so far. Tho at one point Shinnok was leading Quan Chi and I thought he might throw in a shock victory.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.