RazorsEdge701
06/04/2013 07:50 PM (UTC)
oracle Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Quan Chi is always nearby using the real amulet to simulate those powers for him so he never notices the amulet's just a cheap piece of bronze.
That's a problem. Like he doesn't see that shit? That's some shit he should most definitely see.

How would he?

Presumably when Shinnok does something with the fake amulet, there's no trail of visible glowy light leading from the fake amulet to the real thing in Quan Chi's pocket like when a Green Lantern ring makes something.
Of course, as far as the new timeline goes, now that Quan Chi is wearing his fucking Deadly Alliance costume well before MK4, who knows what the story is supposed to be. It's not exactly like the "I secretly have the real amulet, I'm so clever oh ho ho" story works when he's wearing the fucking thing in front of everyone's faces.

RedSumac Wrote:
As for Sub-Zero - it was already debated many times, that Raiden couldn't interfere there, because it happened right in front of Kahn and his minions.

We can debate it as many times as you like and every single time, I will argue that if Raiden and Smoke had attacked the robots BEFORE they had a chance to speak to Shao Kahn, they could have handled that shit without recieving anything more than a verbal argument from Kahn's side.

The Lin Kuei were interfering in a Mortal Kombat tournament match, preventing a warrior from Earthrealm from claiming a victory. Raiden's ACTUAL JOB is to make sure shit like outside interference and cheating doesn't happen during the tournaments. Not that he did that job properly during the MK1 chapters either...
Not to mention, at that time, Raiden was on a desperate search for the mysterious "he" in "He Must Win", and the only person he thought it COULDN'T be are Liu Kang and, obviously, anyone who's a "she". So he hadn't ruled Sub-Zero out as a candidate, he could have been completely fucking himself over by letting the guy get taken and that fact didn't even occur to him?
06/04/2013 08:00 PM (UTC)
phishstix17 Wrote:
I was about to make a joke about this "randomly" seeded tournament: Stay tuned for Jax vs. Hsu Hao. I guess I don't have to....

You guys are free to do this any way you please, but why bring it back and say you've randominzed the matches this time? Every match is still calculated for a certain outcome.

It just bothers me that nearly the same matches from the last tournament are being done now, and probably for the same reasons.

Why not do Kira vs Kobra in the first round? Or Reptile vs Ermac? It would be much better if every character got a fair shot, because I do know every character has fans, even Hsu Hao.

The only good match I've seen so far was Quan Chi vs Shinnok. As for the rest, we all knew who was going to win. Where's the fun in that? Can we please have at least one major match up in the first round? Or at least a fair one.

Still waiting on Kitana, though.
xB$INx
About Me

06/04/2013 11:49 PM (UTC)
Jax of course!!
Klaudio
06/05/2013 12:29 AM (UTC)
i`m watch bio of hsu hao,interesting,but,looks like Iron Man,Jax was pulled of the heart,and it does mean that Jax is better than him,although,Jax was be his officer,but,see that Jax better and stronger,and because of that it will be better
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/05/2013 02:00 AM (UTC)
MKKitana Wrote:
Last few votes

Kira (Not a fan of either really but Sonyas worse)

Hsu Hao (I think he has potential as a character whereas Jax has always been a bit dull to me)
Why do you want to watch the world burn?
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/05/2013 02:04 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
How would he?

Presumably when Shinnok does something with the fake amulet, there's no trail of visible glowy light leading from the fake amulet to the real thing in Quan Chi's pocket like when a Green Lantern ring makes something.
I think we all know everything in Mortal Kombat glows. The Kombatant's poop glows.

It's just too far a stretch. Are we to believe that Shinnok has never tried to use the amulet without Quan Chi. Or that Quan Chi can access the amulets power while being completely still and silent. Like there's NO WAY he couldn't have EVER noticed that his amulet did nothing.

He's a fallen Elder God not Paris Hilton.
RazorsEdge701
06/05/2013 02:39 AM (UTC)
oracle Wrote:
Are we to believe that Shinnok has never tried to use the amulet without Quan Chi.

Shinnok only HAS the fake amulet very briefly during the final fight of Mythologies and then again during the events of MK4. Quan Chi was never not nearby until he went to go deal with Scorpion and Sub-Zero and got fucked.

And as I said, he's not a god anymore. He has no mystical 6th sense that would pick up on the fact the power of his amulet is being channeled from somewhere else.
Hell, if Raiden in MK9 is any indication, the gods are barely intelligent enough to use the normal five human senses properly, lol.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/05/2013 02:56 AM (UTC)
Don't forget the forum is still there for new topics!
06/05/2013 02:56 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
oracle Wrote:
Are we to believe that Shinnok has never tried to use the amulet without Quan Chi.

Shinnok only HAS the fake amulet very briefly during the final fight of Mythologies and then again during the events of MK4. Quan Chi was never not nearby until he went to go deal with Scorpion and Sub-Zero and got fucked.

And as I said, he's not a god anymore. He has no mystical 6th sense that would pick up on the fact the power of his amulet is being channeled from somewhere else.
Hell, if Raiden in MK9 is any indication, the gods are barely intelligent enough to use the normal five human senses properly, lol.

I don't think Shinnok's duplicate was merely a dud, but rather a less powerful version of the original.

I highly doubt Shinnok wouldn't recognize an emblem of power from a piece of stone. There had to be some magic in there. I know Shinnok's a bit of a conceited idiot, but he's not that stupid. lol
RazorsEdge701
06/05/2013 03:03 AM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
I don't think Shinnok's duplicate was merely a dud, but rather a less powerful version of the original.

I meant to be implying this as well all along, it would be stupid as hell if Quan had to mumble magic words under his breath every time Shinnok wanted to shoot a fireball.

What I'm trying to say happened in MK4 is that the fake amulet/Shinnok's power came from the real amulet which Quan Chi had, so when Scorpion dragged Quan Chi to Hell, and he was no longer in the same realm as Shinnok, Shinnok was suddenly cut off from his powersource and didn't know it.
AJBlue
06/05/2013 03:08 AM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
phishstix17 Wrote:
I was about to make a joke about this "randomly" seeded tournament: Stay tuned for Jax vs. Hsu Hao. I guess I don't have to....

You guys are free to do this any way you please, but why bring it back and say you've randominzed the matches this time? Every match is still calculated for a certain outcome.

It just bothers me that nearly the same matches from the last tournament are being done now, and probably for the same reasons.

Why not do Kira vs Kobra in the first round? Or Reptile vs Ermac? It would be much better if every character got a fair shot, because I do know every character has fans, even Hsu Hao.

The only good match I've seen so far was Quan Chi vs Shinnok. As for the rest, we all knew who was going to win. Where's the fun in that? Can we please have at least one major match up in the first round? Or at least a fair one.

Still waiting on Kitana, though.

That's just delaying what's happening anyway. In your scenario, the winner of Reptile/Ermac would destroy the winner of Kira/Kobra in a following round. The same exact thing happens now in Round 1 if hypotehtically, Repitle faced Kira and Ermac faced Kobra. It just happens earlier. What difference does it make what round it takes place in? Just to see a character like Moloch in a later round only to get destroyed anyway?

I say cut the dead weight early. We all know this is a popularity contest. It was the same way last year. I personally just have fun with it. I vote for the character I like more based on story, playability, look, etc. I'd rather see the close matches later with characters I care about.
Icebaby
06/05/2013 03:58 AM (UTC)
Guys look, it's not that hard to understand. The match ups are random, who cares if you think the same results will come out of it. Instead of talking about how you want different outcomes, then actually vote for the other person who would rather want to win than those who you know will win but don't know depending how how many votes they receive. Sure, I voted for Jax this round, he's more popular than Hsu Hao, despite I jokingly said my reasons for my vote, I voted for Jax mainly because I really, really don't like Hau Hao, and also took into consideration that if the own developer behind him hates him... Then I don't think there is that much of a chance to let this guy ride in the sunlight.

If you really want a different outcome, then pressure the other users to vote for the underdog. It won't be simple, but hey, it's a challenge and cool to see if it actually gets done.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/05/2013 04:34 AM (UTC)

Trapped within the cold, metallic body of a former Lin Kuei cyborg: Cyrax is the perfect recruit for the Outerworld Investigation Agency! His skills as a scout once brought Cyrax into the service of Nitara -- vampire seeking lost treasures of her home world, deep within the hostile environments of Outworld! Circumstances flip as unlikely allies become mortal enemies in the battle for supremacy!

oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/05/2013 05:13 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Riyakou Wrote:

I meant to be implying this as well all along, it would be stupid as hell if Quan had to mumble magic words under his breath every time Shinnok wanted to shoot a fireball.
I so thought that's what you meant. Okay, I feel better about it now.

These can't be random but who cares because I loves me a poll.

I voted Nitara. I've been liking Cyrax more lately and he's a lot of fun in MK2011 but Nitara is the character I really wanted to make a comeback.
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

06/05/2013 05:46 AM (UTC)
Damn right I'm going for Nitara.
LucaTurilli
06/05/2013 06:40 AM (UTC)
Nitara is a decent character with potential to be awesome.
Cyrax is already awesome.

Cyrax wins.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

06/05/2013 06:43 AM (UTC)
Gotta go with Nitara, man, My favorite female in the franchise and my favorite character out of MKDA.

I just don't care for Cyrax. I was always a Sektor guy.
Nephrite
06/05/2013 09:39 AM (UTC)
Despite his obnoxious resets in MK(2011), Cyrax.

Nitara's fine though.
Keith
06/05/2013 09:49 AM (UTC)
Nitara. She really needs to make a comeback.
06/05/2013 11:24 AM (UTC)
AJBlue Wrote:

That's just delaying what's happening anyway. In your scenario, the winner of Reptile/Ermac would destroy the winner of Kira/Kobra in a following round. The same exact thing happens now in Round 1 if hypotehtically, Repitle faced Kira and Ermac faced Kobra. It just happens earlier. What difference does it make what round it takes place in? Just to see a character like Moloch in a later round only to get destroyed anyway?

I say cut the dead weight early. We all know this is a popularity contest. It was the same way last year. I personally just have fun with it. I vote for the character I like more based on story, playability, look, etc. I'd rather see the close matches later with characters I care about.

If that's the case, we might as well not include those characters at all.

Still waiting on Kitana; why the hell is she so far down? lol
MKKitana
06/05/2013 11:44 AM (UTC)
Nitara defiitley gets my vote here.

I really liked her in MKDA and thought her story left great potential for her return as she has the possibility of being each of the allignments: one of the few properly neutral characters, or swaying to either the good or evil side. So much potential, and she intoduced a whole new species/realm to us too.

I do like Cyrax but he's never been a prominent favourite for me.
RedSumac
06/05/2013 12:12 PM (UTC)
Nitara.
I like Cyrax, but, as somebody already said, he is awesome already. Nitara can be awesome, so I support her.

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
We can debate it as many times as you like and every single time, I will argue that if Raiden and Smoke had attacked the robots BEFORE they had a chance to speak to Shao Kahn, they could have handled that shit without recieving anything more than a verbal argument from Kahn's side.

We can agree to disagree here.
I am not in the mood to play in argument tennis. wink
KungLaodoesntsuck
06/05/2013 01:17 PM (UTC)
Cyrax.

I hate Vampires. I like Cyber Ninjas.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/05/2013 04:20 PM (UTC)
I'm so upset that of the good characters we got in MKDA the one that people liked the most was Kenshi lol.
Spider804
06/05/2013 05:00 PM (UTC)
oracle Wrote:
I'm so upset that of the good characters we got in MKDA the one that people liked the most was Kenshi lol.

Awesome blind Jedi is awesome, lol.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.