RazorsEdge701
10/20/2014 04:05 AM (UTC)
Quan Chi says "I have your brother's soul" so yeah, it's not a third guy.

Unless the alt costume is a different guy than the primary costume is, like in MK9. That's still a possibility that exists.
Cyber-Zero was unusually fragile for the latest Cyborg.

Remember how his battle damage has his brain showing?

Maybe he landed on his head and his brains hit the floor.
Dibula
About Me

10/20/2014 07:37 PM (UTC)
We can rebuild him. We have the technology.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

10/20/2014 10:18 PM (UTC)
dibula Wrote:
We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

LET'S GET STARTED!
mkwhopper
10/20/2014 11:19 PM (UTC)
IIRC Cyber Sub has a lighter circuit frame compared to Sektor and Cyrax. That's probably why you can see his brain or whatever when damaged.

To answer the OP's question, yes he is dead(unfortunately).
Viser
10/22/2014 01:10 AM (UTC)
Lets just wait for the game we will see which sub-zero it is.
Chrome
About Me

10/22/2014 03:27 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Palming someone's nose cartilage up into their brain is serious business IRL, man.

Physically impossible and discredited, unless acted out by some sort of agency aside the human body IRL. MK, another thing.
Grizzle
10/23/2014 10:21 AM (UTC)
Aside from the fact that he did get killed by one punch as a damn cyborg, what really bogged my mind was that he's a spirit in the Netherealm but still a fucking robot!

And also, it was known that the Tekunin lose their souls when they become cyborgs. That was a huge plot element in MK3 when Shao Kahn wasn't able to detect them. So yeah.... who the fuck wrote this material?
FastFlash
10/25/2014 06:40 PM (UTC)
@Grizzle The tekunin didn't lose their souls, they're programming took precedence over them, at least that's the way I see it...
Asesino
About Me
01/11/2015 03:23 AM (UTC)
Yeah it's like that. Remember Cyrax ending in MK GOLD ?
Darkk
01/11/2015 03:32 AM (UTC)
This is why Sektor is the superior cyborg
Cages_Shades
About Me
Props to MINION
01/11/2015 04:38 AM (UTC)
Grizzle Wrote:
Aside from the fact that he did get killed by one punch as a damn cyborg, what really bogged my mind was that he's a spirit in the Netherealm but still a fucking robot!

And also, it was known that the Tekunin lose their souls when they become cyborgs. That was a huge plot element in MK3 when Shao Kahn wasn't able to detect them. So yeah.... who the fuck wrote this material?

They did that so people wouldn't be confused on which sub zero's soul Quan Chi had.
Grizzle
02/13/2015 08:54 PM (UTC)
You know, this thought just came to my head as fans of the story we should all bombard boon and co's Twitter with a #groupdeathneveragain movement. Because that scene pretty much was the worst thing about the story I have ever seen.
Minchken
02/14/2015 12:38 AM (UTC)
Grizzle Wrote:
You know, this thought just came to my head as fans of the story we should all bombard boon and co's Twitter with a #groupdeathneveragain movement. Because that scene pretty much was the worst thing about the story I have ever seen.

Reviving a old thread is a bannable offense.
See you in 9 years.
Gillbob316
02/14/2015 01:25 AM (UTC)
Minchken Wrote:
Grizzle Wrote:

See you in 9 years.

People piss and moan when you start a new thread on a topic that's already been discussed in the past. "Why didn't you post in one of the 100 other countless threads!"

People piss and moan when you find an old thread with a topic you'd like to discuss and post in it. "Why did you necro this old thread!"

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't on the internet. :P

Why these things should get anyone's panties in such a wad, on this or any other forum, has always been beyond me... people act as if we're going to run out of internet. Or like someone is forcing them to read every post in every topic.
Grizzle
02/14/2015 08:18 AM (UTC)
Minchken Wrote:
Grizzle Wrote:

See you in 9 years.

Listen pal, I'm merely contributing to a thread that I saw on the first page. But besides that fact I've been going to this site for years so I know the rules. I've never offended anyone, and my intent on this site is to purely show my enthusiasm and excitement for future and upcoming Mortal Kombat games as well as sharing my opinions and enjoying the ideas and contributions of other members here. Hence why I am in agreement with the other users as to their opinion on the Sindel cutscene. So I don't see the purpose of mentioning my name and threatening me with a ban.

There's admins to enforce that and I'm more than likely sure that those very same administrators appreciated my posts in the past hence why I'm at a Skilled Warrior rank and you're a measly mortal. wink

So let the admins do their job and you can take the whistle out of your mouth, you're gaining no favor here.

Now back to the original IDEA of the thread, may Cyber Sub-Zero never return, and hopefully the writers have taken note on the feedback on how people reacted to his inclusion and the way they handled other characters deaths.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

02/14/2015 12:05 PM (UTC)
Cages_Shades Wrote:And also, it was known that the Tekunin lose their souls when they become cyborgs. That was a huge plot element in MK3 when Shao Kahn wasn't able to detect them. So yeah.... who the fuck wrote this material?

They did that so people wouldn't be confused on which sub zero's soul Quan Chi had.

Technically Lin Kuei. Tekunin don't exist in this timeline (yet?)

Does no-one remember Jax restoring Cyber Sub-Z's soul at the beginning of his chapter (by modifying the programming that blocked his free will)?

Minchken Wrote:
Grizzle Wrote:

See you in 9 years.

It's unclear, Minchken, whether you were making a threat or just a glib remark about certain users' recent bans, (and how it might be perceived that they have been issued out like candy on Hallowe'en). Either way, you can't throw the word 'ban' around like it carries no weight.

Just to be clear, a thread can be revived with fair enough reason, but it is considered 'dead' after about 6 months of no new posts.Being close to that is nowhere near as strange as, say 9 years. (Which also happened. a thread from 2006 got bumped earlier this week. And no one got banned for that.)
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.