Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/01/2016 09:13 PM (UTC)
- Retronauts Episode 64: Castlevania: Dracula X and Symphony of the Night

Dan Adelman joins Jeremy and Bob to discuss one of the true treasures of the ’90s: The Castlevania series’ transformative duology, Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. Enough talk, have at you!

Couple of great games discussed by hearty enthusiasts.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/10/2016 02:35 PM (UTC)
- Place to Be Podcast Episode 408: One Night Stand 2006

In this episode of the Place to Be Podcast, Justin and Scott are joined by Marc Clair to take a look at One Night Stand 2006! They discuss the differences between One Night Stand 2005 and 2006, Tazz’ last stand, Kurt Angle’s character development, Tajiri’s legacy, the finish of the match between Sabu and Rey Mysterio, Mick Foley’s valiant storyline plans, the greatness of the six person hardcore war, dry banging, the misuse of Masato Tanaka, John Cena’s big night, Rob Van Dam’s career defining moment and much more!

A great, informative recap. These guys are always good.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/12/2016 01:53 PM (UTC)
- Bret Easton Ellis Podcast - John Carpenter - 5/23/16

John Carpenter and Bret Easton Ellis discuss #OscarsSoWhite, The Revenant, writing music and the function of a screenplay.

Missed the return from hiatus while I was on imposed post-HDD crash hiatus. A lot of Ellis on the front end, so if you're not into that you might want to skip ahead. Carpenter is Carpenter. Interesting pick through then and now.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/21/2016 12:57 AM (UTC)
- TOFOP 130- A Dolph Not Adolf

Wil and Charlie discuss unintentional stalking, what not to pack in your suitcase, and provide an update on "Miller Time".
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/07/2016 07:18 AM (UTC)
- Now Playing Podcast Bourne Retrospective Episode 1: The Bourne Identity (1988)

Jason Bourne has existed in Robert Ludlum novels for over 35 years. For mainstream audiences, however, he came to life when Matt Damon starred as the amnesiac secret agent in 2002. That action-packed rendition now defines the character, and has totally overshadowed Bourne's first portrayal -- in a 1988 ABC miniseries. The story was much closer to Ludlum's original novel than the later films, but can Richard Chamberlain match Damon's performance? To find out, join Arnie, Jakob, and Stuart as this new retrospective series is Bourne!

- Now Playing Podcast Bourne Retrospective Episode 2: The Bourne Identity (2002)

In 2002 a new action franchise was Bourne. Starring Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, The Bourne Identity modernized and heavily revised Robert Ludlum's original novel. Despite a modest budget, the film connected with critics and audience members alike. With the upcoming sequel Jason Bourne in theaters this July, it's time to check Bourne's original Identity. Does the film hold up 14 years later? Join Arnie, Stuart, and Jakob to find out!

- Now Playing Podcast Bourne Retrospective Episode 3: The Bourne Supremacy

Universal had little confidence in making The Bourne Identity, but after its huge success they fast-tracked the sequel: The Bourne Supremacy. This follow-up teamed Damon with Paul Greengrass, who would continue to guide the Bourne films through this summer's new Jason Bourne. Is this film truly supreme, or did the franchise lose its identity? Join Stuart, Arnie, and Jakob to find out!

The start of a nice refresher before the new movie!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/30/2016 11:25 AM (UTC)
- TOFOP 133 - Captain Friendzone [NSFW]

Wil and Charlie discuss the intricacies of becoming a yo-yo master, the birth of beat-box legend "C-train", and two Sarah Connors worth of Game of Thrones spoilers.

- TOFOP 134 - Kimble's Ferret

Wil and Charlie are bringing back the "golden age" of entertainment by introducing the pilot episode of their new radio drama. Yes, yes... We know it's 2016. Just forget about how anachronistic this is and enjoy, won't you?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

08/11/2016 07:07 AM (UTC)
- Now Playing Podcast Bourne Retrospective Episode 5: The Bourne Legacy

The Bourne Ultimatum proved its box office dominance, and director Paul Greengrass and star Matt Damon were ready leave Jason Bourne behind. But Universal Pictures wasn't going to let that stop their blockbuster franchise, so enter The Bourne Legacy! Jeremy Renner stars as Aaron Cross - another covert super soldier from the same CIA operations as Bourne. Rather than risk exposure, the CIA has chosen to kill all their agents and start over. Can Cross survive this extinction protocol? And can the franchise survive without its signature star and character? Join Arnie, Stuart, and Jakob now to find out!

- Now Playing Podcast Bourne Retrospective Episode 6: Jason Bourne

It's been nine years since Matt Damon last played Jason Bourne. But now he is back, ready to uncover new secrets about Treadstone and what turned David Webb into Jason Bourne. Do Greengrass and Damon still have the spark that made those original films so memorable, or should they have not Borne out another sequel? Join Arnie, Stuart, and Jakob in this podcast movie review to find out!

- Now Playing Podcast DC Movie Universe Episode 3: Suicide Squad

Earlier this year DC brought Batman back to the big screen in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Now it's time for his nemesis to get the spotlight. Suicide Squad stars villains like Joker, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and Enchantress -- a group of bad people who may be able to do some good. The characters are the worst of the worst...but is the film also the worst? Join Arnie, Stuart, and Jakob to find out!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/15/2016 05:28 AM (UTC)
- Now Playing Podcast Creepshow Retrospective Episode 1: Creepshow

Stephen King was a master of written horror, and George Romero a master of cinematic scares. And in 1982 those two combined forces to bring you Creepshow -- five tales of terror, written by King and directed by Romero. Were two kings of horror better than one? Join Arnie, Stuart, and Jakob as they creep up on you with this review!

- Now Playing Podcast Creepshow Retrospective Episode 2: Creepshow 2

Five years after Stephen King and George Romero revived the horror anthology with Creepshow, New World Pictures released the sequel. The poster looked the same, but there was a new director, Romero was now only writing, and King had a "Story By" credit. With just three tales of terror, versus the original's five, is the humor as sharp and the horror as scary? Get your ticket and join Jakob, Stuart, and Arnie to find out!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/18/2016 09:52 PM (UTC)
- Here's The Thing - Elliott Gould: Mash Notes on a Long Career

Elliott Gould has lived a life in show business. He was just 12 when he started singing and dancing in a vaudeville routine in 1951. Dancing has been a fixture: Gould says he tangoed with his mother to "I Get Ideas" at his own bar mitzvah, perhaps hinting at the career-long mix of serious artistry and arch comedy (with a bit of outré sexual antics thrown in) that was to come. His breakout role came in the 1969 romp "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice," but Gould says it was his dancer's mind—a fixation on repetition to perfection—that ultimately caught the awareness of director Robert Altman. The two achieved mutual career standouts with films like "M*A*S*H," "The Long Goodbye," and "California Split." The latter is a film about the dark side of gambling—Gould's own struggle with gambling addiction would later add a subtle depth to his role in the "Ocean's Eleven" franchise. Gould told host Alec Baldwin about all this and more at the TCM Classic Film Festival this past April, and opened up about his relationships with Donald Sutherland, his first girlfriend (and, for a time, wife) Barbra Streisand, Ginger Rogers, Jack Nicholson, Ben Affleck, and many others.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/22/2016 03:49 AM (UTC)
- Now Playing Podcast Blair Witch Project Episode 3: Blair Witch [SPOILERS]

The studio made it in secret. No one knew that Adam Wingard's new horror film The Woods was actually the third installment of the Blair Witch film series. This one goes back to the original 1999 film in both universe and style. Watch the found footage as James Donahue, brother of the original film's Heather, leads a new crew into Burkittsville to try and uncover the age old mystery. Is this a great return to form? Head into the woods with Jakob, Arnie, and Stuart to find out!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/25/2016 02:32 PM (UTC)
- Bret Easton Ellis Podcast - Moby - 9/12/16

Moby and Bret Easton Ellis discuss writing memoir, John Cheever, the success of Play and Bob Seger.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

10/06/2016 08:42 AM (UTC)
- Review-A-Wai – McMemphis (Vince McMahon Heel Run in USWA)

John Pollock & Wai Ting review Vince McMahon’s brief 1993 heel run in the USWA promotion out of Memphis, his feud with Jerry “The King” Lawler and the utilization of WWF performers Randy Savage, Tatanka, Bret Hart, Giant Gonzalez and more. Plus they dive into what was going on during this time period, how this program drew for USWA and the abrupt end of the program.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/06/2016 06:11 AM (UTC)
- Bret Easton Ellis Podcast - Mark Duplass - 10/31/16 [NSFW]

Mark Duplass and Bret Easton Ellis discuss Blue Jay, the struggles of working within the studio system, making movies for Netflix and Togetherness.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/07/2016 07:45 AM (UTC)
- The Ross Report Ep. 141 - Bill Goldberg and Stacy "The Kat" Carter

Bill Goldberg checks in with JR to talk about his return to the WWE, his upcoming match against Brock Lesnar, and his current training regime! Plus, Attitude Era star, Stacy "The Kat" Carter, has stories about meeting & marrying Jerry "The King" Lawler, getting hired & fired from WWE, and her friendship with Chyna.

Pretty much anything you could want to know about The Kat's wrestling ties is here!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/07/2016 12:24 PM (UTC)
- TOFOP 144 - AndoClause Productions [NSFW]

Wil and Charlie discuss the impending doomsday/American Presidential election, Charles being in charge of our days AND our nights, and Mulder & Scully vs. Hasselhoff & Eggert.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/10/2016 04:22 AM (UTC)
- The Little Dum Dum Club Episode 318 - Shaun Micallef & Ben Lomas (feat. Tom Ballard)

This week we’re podcasting al fresco style with SHAUN MICALLEF and BEN LOMAS! We hear about Shaun’s terrible warm up guy for ‘Mad As Hell’, Ben’s office habits PLUS we attempt to do more planning for our upcoming Thailand podcast.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

11/18/2016 04:56 AM (UTC)
- The Ross Report with ROH's Kevin Kelly

Kevin Kelly is currently the voice of Ring Of Honor, but he was with WWE for the Attitude Era, and has some great stories about working with The Rock and some of those legendary interviews! You'll find out how Kevin came to WWE, his role in the controversial Brian Pillman/Steve Austin live gun angle on Monday Night RAW, and why he loved hanging with Mae Young and Moolah! Plus, Kevin's got details on ROH's upcoming "Final Battle" PPV, Cody Rhodes' ROH debut, and if there's any hope for TNA's future.

Nice episode.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

12/08/2016 07:23 AM (UTC)
- Bret Easton Ellis Podcast - Owen Gleiberman - 12/5/16

Film critic Owen Gleiberman and Bret Easton Ellis discuss fanboy culture, Carrie, Jonathan Demme and criticism functioning as marketing.

Awesome episode! A little hard on After Hours, but some great discussion and opinion!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

12/09/2016 04:21 AM (UTC)
- Chopping Mall — Interviews with director Jim Wynorski and writer Steve Mitchell

In this holiday season you can head to your local Chopping Mall to pick up the new Blu-Ray release of this 1986 horror cult classic. A brand new transfer and lots of bonus features accompany this new release. Going even further, on this podcast Arnie Carvalho talks to Chopping Mall director Jim Wynorski and writer Steve Mitchell, dispelling internet rumors and finding out about the making of this film.

Finally the Chopping Mall record can be set straight. Rest easy, humanity.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

02/24/2017 02:23 PM (UTC)
- PTBN Network Special: Hot Takes on Cold Issues

Welcome to Hot Takes on Cold Issues, a Place to Be Nation Podcast Network Special! In this episode, JT Rozzero (Place to Be Podcast), Scott Keith (Blog of Doom), James Dixon (Titan Sinking series) & Jordan Duncan (A 24 Article) take some time to deliver and debate a whole bunch of hot takes on some freezing cold topics, including:

Montreal!
The Invasion!
The Push of Roman Reigns!

These topics have been discussed endlessly across the internet, but in this episode we give all the hot takes to put a bow on the conversation once for all! So, kick back and enjoy the banter and then share your hot takes on these cold issues across our social media forums!

These topics never get old. Never!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/08/2017 05:31 AM (UTC)
- Bret Easton Ellis Podcast - Mick Garris - 3-13-17

Mick Garris and Bret Easton Ellis discuss adapting the works of Stephen King, the pessimism of horror, the Psycho shower scene and Wes Craven.

BEE Podcast is back for 2017. Apparently Garris has a horror movie podcast on PodcastOne, but the cross promotion is at a minimum. Just a nice chat about various movie topics.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/10/2017 06:59 AM (UTC)
- T.E.A.M. Effort with Ed Kavalee - Talking pictures with Lachy Hulme - Part One [NSFW]

T.E.A.M. Effort with Ed Kavalee returns to help you become a better person.

This episode features Ed Kavalee, Ash Williams, Tony Martin talking pictures with the fantastic Lachy Hulme.

Enjoy.

- T.E.A.M. Effort with Ed Kavalee - Talking Pictures with Lachy Hulme - Part Two [NSFW]

Ed Kavalee and his TEAM of experts want to help you become a better person.

This week features Ash Williams, Tony Martin and Lachy Hulme covering topics as diverse as how to get a business degree in under 50 minutes, why David Stratton hates comedy and the meaning of the word 'vestibule' and why that word plays a key role in the JFK Assassination.

All will be revealed in 43 minutes and 45 seconds of madness that is The TEAM Effort.

More listenings. Yeah, mate.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/30/2017 04:01 AM (UTC)
- Bret Easton Ellis Podcast - Andrew McCarthy - 4-17-17 [NSFW]

Andrew McCarthy and Bret Easton Ellis discuss making Less Than Zero, Leonardo DiCaprio, the ending of Pretty in Pink and travel writing.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/05/2017 05:08 AM (UTC)
- Bret Easton Ellis Podcast - Walter Hill - 5-1-17

Walter Hill and Bret Easton Ellis discuss The Assignment, identity politics, Sam Peckinpah and directing Eddie Murphy in 48 Hours.

Shout ot to the Streets Of Fire fans. If, like me, that's why you're particularly excited to hear from Walter HIll, know that there is some time dedicated to talking about that movie and its impact (then and now). Nothing too revelatory, but good any way.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/15/2017 02:27 PM (UTC)
- Here's The Thing - Joe Jackson Suffers No Fools

Combining three musical genres in your debut album may be risky, but Joe Jackson never cared about playing it safe. In 1979, his first LP Look Sharp! did just that—weaving pop, ska, and punk together into a sound all its own. With songs like Is She Really Going Out With Him? and Steppin Out, his pioneering sound helped usher in the New Wave era of the early 80s, and cement his place as music royalty. Currently on tour nationwide, Jackson talks with Alec Baldwin about “fake news,” the instrument he considers to be medieval torture, and the reason he can no longer watch The Grammys.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.