Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (29.7%)
Jade (40.5%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (24.3%)
Freddy Krueger (5.4%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • September 18th, 2017
    Raiden & Black Lightning Electrify in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • September 14th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Pop! Vinyl Coming Soon [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    No More Mortal Kombat Guests for Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • September 1st, 2017
    Kombat Kon 2017 Returns This Month [Read On]
  • August 31st, 2017
    Speculation: Will Fighter Pack 3 Deliver Third Kombatant? [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/09/2014 10:38 PMStatus ::
Interrogation: Is Kiefer Sutherland in Mortal Kombat - or not?

NetherRealm Studios Project Lead Ed Boon is tweeting down to something in June. The cryptic countdown hit 24 today, and it's got Gameinformer feeling just a little self-conscious.

Tell me, Michael. How could a billion Chinese people be wrong? What about just one Sutherland?Back in February: IGN reported the claims of TV's 24 star Kiefer Sutherland. Comparing it to his work on Metal Gear Solid; the actor remarked on his completion of a voice role in an unnamed Mortal Kombat project [full story]. Like a lot of sites, Gameinformer picked up the story -- but is it true? [Related Article: IGN Report Kiefer Sutherland Mortal Kombat Role]

When Mortal Kombat Online asked fans who the Hollywood actor could best play in a hypothetical sequel -- they chose Shinnok! Could this be for the analogous deceptions associated with a ruler of Hell? If you believe Boon's twitter queries to the actor -- maybe!

Mortal Kombat Online learned from an anonymous source that Sutherland's claims came to the surprise of the Mortal Kombat developers. You would probably expect them to know what's going on, but this certainly wouldn't be the first time a game was developed beyond the original team. With Warner Brothers assuming ownership, Mortal Kombat as a license has already begun to span considerable distance from its source, and we know new spin-off projects have been broached, such as Mortal Kombat HD [read more].

There are several options. "Mortal Kombat" may be an anachronism for another upcoming combat style project. There may be another wing of development beyond the knowledge of the developer. Or, this could simply be a campaign of doubt launched in the face of other evidence -- such as the updated resume of Kitana & Mileena actress: Karen Strassman.

Only one thing's for certain: As far as we know - Mortal Kombat: Special Forces HD was made-up for our annual April Fools joke. That doesn't mean it isn't happening, though. Wink.

24 v MK "Jax Bauer" Stryker fan-edit by @TheRayden02 [via @noobde]

Register to join the countdown updates & speculation on the forums! You can start and join lots of great community discussions - including some terrific feedback to our story on the potential future of franchise crossovers! Is Sutherland in MK or not? Weigh-in on the debate.

seanayPosted: 05/09/2014 11:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::9273
Nationality::United Kingdom
RE: Interrogation: Is Kiefer Sutherland in Mortal Kombat - or not?

guess we will have to wait and see... i just hope its mk10

oraclePosted: 05/09/2014 11:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::9359
Nationality::United States

Ugh. Ain't nobody got time for this.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
fuzzdorkPosted: 05/09/2014 11:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::9665

I find it curious that Ed uses "Kiefer Sutherland" instead of his twitter ID.

FDMK - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Reference Website
ShaolinChuanPosted: 05/09/2014 11:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::14891

Meh, it's just like Ed to be trollin' us by denying Kiefer's involvement. Just like anything else in the past that was true before known to public.

RiyakouPosted: 05/10/2014 01:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::5624

ShaolinChuan Wrote:
Meh, it's just like Ed to be trollin' us by denying Kiefer's involvement. Just like anything else in the past that was true before known to public.

Considering how weak his riddles have been these last few days, I think this tweet exists for the sake of shaking things up.

It became all too obvious that Boon was doing a countdown, so I guess with this he wants to throw everyone off track.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/10/2014 01:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::19484

Riyakou Wrote:
Considering how weak his riddles have been these last few days, I think this tweet exists for the sake of shaking things up.

It became all too obvious that Boon was doing a countdown, so I guess with this he wants to throw everyone off track.

He's not the only person saying it. [Explained in article]

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. No whining!
Jaded-RavenPosted: 05/10/2014 02:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

Well, Keifer Sutherland voices Snake in the new Metal Gear Solid... Perhaps Snake is the new guest character.

hankypanky1Posted: 05/10/2014 08:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::1638
Nationality::United Kingdom

The special forces story could introduce some new characters like replacing Tremor for Khrome but I'm not holding my breath.

AJBluePosted: 05/10/2014 12:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::5243

Anybody else just zone out when Boon talks?

Too much trolling and cryptic BS has left me desensitized to anything he has to say. I just assume everything he says is a lie, I ignore it and move on until something official is announced by someone credible.

He's the boy who cried wolf and I just don't care anymore.

RiyakouPosted: 05/10/2014 12:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::5624

AJBlue Wrote:

Too much trolling and cryptic BS has left me desensitized to anything he has to say. I just assume everything he says is a lie, I ignore it and move on until something official is announced by someone credible.

It's not like he's going around spreading lies.

He's being tricky and vague to get everyone pumped for the announcement. As you can see, it's working.

oraclePosted: 05/10/2014 03:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::9359

AJBlue Wrote:

Yep. I basically don't listen to anything he says until like E3 or sometimes even after that.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
blacksaibotPosted: 05/10/2014 07:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::9002
Nationality::Bahamas

AJBlue Wrote:

This.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/10/2014 09:29 PMStatus ::

AJBlue Wrote:

With a little bit of information, perspective, and a functioning sense of humor, you can usually tell what's what. He's using the gamut of communication like most human beings should. Sometimes the fans only take all of it one way. The myth of the "troll" is misplaced, but he's obviously leaning into it, these days. He's just a guy who receives a lot of insane messages from crazy fans who don't even think about his position, perspective, or the reasons behind things. Sometimes you've got to make your own fun.

Again, anyone who's read the article top will have a sense that we picked this up on more than the strength of the tweet. With a little bit of information, you can usually tell what's what. Ignore it all and you'll miss at least some of the fun.

MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. No whining!
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 05/10/2014 09:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

Ah classic Boon..

Making us second guess what hints he already said. I remember him making the "Stand by me" tweets, which didn't outright confirm anything. But were definitely hinting at Sutherland's inclusion.

I don't mind Boon's trolling. It creates speculation, which in turn creates buzz for the next MK game.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
raidenthefridgePosted: 05/11/2014 11:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

Ace from "Stand by me" as a guest character!

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
Spider-2099Posted: 05/11/2014 12:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::1862

The April Fools joke, Special Forces HD, was too obvious. Why in the name of the Elder Gods would Ed and Netherrealm want to resurrect that steaming pile of Shokan dung?

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/11/2014 06:00 PMStatus ::

Spider-2099 Wrote:
The April Fools joke, Special Forces HD, was too obvious. Why in the name of the Elder Gods would Ed and Netherrealm want to resurrect that steaming pile of Shokan dung?

That was MKO. Ed just shared it (via another site who picked it up from the source: MKO). All just a bit of fun. [Why they wouldn't want a successful new shooter spin-off - I don't know..]

SwingBattaPosted: 08/27/2014 11:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::1715
Kiefer Sutherland not in MKX after all

So apparently Jack Bauer isn't going to be in MKX after all, which is strange given that he'd blatantly said back in February that he had contributed to a new MK game. The link below makes an interesting point that maybe he was going to be a guest character until the rights fell through.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/mortal-kombat-x-will-feature-keifer-sutherland-says-ed-boon/

Test Your Might says this story was confirmed months ago, but this is the first time I'm hearing about it. Anyway, discuss.

JAX007Posted: 08/27/2014 11:20 AMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada
RE: Kiefer Sutherland not in MKX after all

Boon mentionned somewhere being surprised by Sutherland's comment, he never worked on MK...I think it was just a mixup in name title on his part.

MrInternationalPosted: 08/27/2014 11:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::165

that stinks i think it would have been interesting to have him in MKX. I wonder what role he could have been good at if he was in it though?

lastfighter89Posted: 08/27/2014 11:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::5247
Nationality::Italy

I had the chance of knowing Kiefer personally during a convention in London, UK. The guy is an excellent actor and a really nice person, and I can guarantee he is not a liar.

He is simly totally ignorant of the VG universe, Metal Gear Solid and Mortal Kombat could be pretty much the same thing for him.

thisiscouragePosted: 08/27/2014 11:37 AMStatus ::

Visits::1474

Kiefer Sutherland is a terrible voice actor. Dont believe me? Go watch that terrible movie Pompeii. God awful acting. And Sutherland's voice? my god.

MKX is better without him.

johnny1upPosted: 08/27/2014 12:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::3633

^ you kidding me? Have you ever seen 24? The "The following takes place between..." is so awesome. He's got the perfect stern, hard-boiled military voice. That being said, I can't think of too many characters that currently exist (and are alive) that would fit that persona. There's always potential for a new character to fit in though.

I think Ed Boon de-confirmed his presence in the game quite some time ago, which is kinda sad. I guess Jack Bauer getting kidnapped by the Russians made him miss his casting call :-/

hey
Thracian_TsarPosted: 08/27/2014 12:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::2677
Nationality::South Tyrol

thisiscourage Wrote:
Kiefer Sutherland is a terrible voice actor.

He was top billed in Phone Booth for a reason.

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.