MK10 DLC Character Requests! Voting & Popularity
posted06/06/2014 11:51 AM (UTC)by
hankypanky1
This is not a 'Gimme, Gimme, DLC' Thread. This is a guide to show support for DLC and most popular characters the community would like to see. This poll is on several MK forums. Even if characters are announced we still get to see how popular they are in the poll.

You may vote (click this) for as many characters you like but please do not vote for any requested character more than once using a proxy or different IP address. Put others before yourself and let the community speak collectively.

There'll be a bar chart which will be updated accordingly.

Updated 06/06/14 (UK), 06/06/14 (USA)

Bar chart (click this)
Chimera
05/22/2014 08:16 AM (UTC)
Why would Shinnok, Fujin, and Tanya be DLC? Aren't they like already going to be in the next game? Because I remember seeing Shinnok at the end of the last game. And part of the story would be from MK4 so some MK4 characters would already be there
hankypanky1
05/22/2014 11:58 AM (UTC)
Chimera Wrote:
Why would Shinnok, Fujin, and Tanya be DLC? Aren't they like already going to be in the next game? Because I remember seeing Shinnok at the end of the last game. And part of the story would be from MK4 so some MK4 characters would already be there

Even if they are announced we still get to see how popular they are in the poll.
hankypanky1
05/26/2014 07:26 PM (UTC)
Added bar chart.
RyanSeabass
05/26/2014 11:03 PM (UTC)
I say let's see the final roster before we start talking about DLC characters. There is already another thread with a poll that discusses what characters we want to return.
hankypanky1
05/26/2014 11:42 PM (UTC)
RyanSeabass Wrote:
I say let's see the final roster before we start talking about DLC characters. There is already another thread with a poll that discusses what characters we want to return.

IceBaby thread is different to this. She puts a character up for discussion to see who wants them in or not, this one is pitting them all together. We don't need to see final roster before we start talking about DLC characters. We can see how popular characters are, even if they are announced in roster.
legoslayer10
05/29/2014 02:02 AM (UTC)
I don't want DLC. The idea is ridiculous, as what it generally is is deliberately removing pieces of the game that way you can sell them for more money later.

I imagine that some people say I just want to keep my money in my pocket and not pay for cool extras. Now, while I do like money, if I feel it's worth it, I will buy it because it's a large part of my enjoyment (i.e., Manhunter and Scorpion in Injustice). If a game makes DLC because it is wanted, and NOT just cut, i think it's great (Dark Souls 1 is a prime example). But when the take out part of the game and charge me more for it later, I don't like it. It makes me spend $85+ that I could get for a basic 40 about 4 months later when the "Komplete Edition" comes out (as it inevitably always will).

No, I vote none. I don't like DLC for the simple fact that it should already be in the game. I could elaborate on why I don't want certain characters from this list, or how they would already be in, but that's not the point of this comment.
hankypanky1
05/30/2014 01:33 PM (UTC)
Sorted poll by name so characters are easier to pinpoint :D
hankypanky1
06/03/2014 04:09 PM (UTC)
Added Top 10. This'll be updated weekly.
Odemuitascastas
06/03/2014 05:53 PM (UTC)
Considering the number of background characters who entered the poll. Undead General (which appears as General Mummy Terracotta Onaga in MKDA) should enter.
hankypanky1
06/04/2014 02:35 PM (UTC)
Anyone know how I colour code the x axis so I get pink text for pink bars and blue text for blue bars etc.
T-rex
About Me

06/04/2014 02:40 PM (UTC)
DLC characters followed by an Ultimate re-release that includes everything were so successful that NRS is not gonna be dropping the formula anytime soon.

But until we know the actual roster, even talking about DLC is fucking pointless. Besides, we all know that as soon as people see the badass new redesigns of the MK4-MKD characters, they'll be demanding everyone from those games to make a comeback.
hankypanky1
06/05/2014 09:57 PM (UTC)
Can't believe more people want Smoke (Cyborg) than Tremor. Obviously there isn't a huge demand for Tremor as some like to make out. Although he is Top 10 in the poll so far.
andy88
About Me

06/05/2014 10:15 PM (UTC)
How can you vote for DLC if you do not know who will be in the main roster?

If people vote for some characters it means they don't want them in the game when it ships.
hankypanky1
06/05/2014 10:19 PM (UTC)
andy88 Wrote:
How can you vote for DLC if you do not know who will be in the main roster?

If people vote for some characters it means they don't want them in the game when it ships.

For third and final time... even if characters are announced we still get to see how popular they are in the poll.
SwingBatta
06/05/2014 10:22 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Can't believe more people want Smoke (Cyborg) than Tremor. Obviously there isn't a huge demand for Tremor as some like to make out. Although he is Top 10 in the poll so far.

Because nobody gives a flying fuck about him despite what fanboys like yourself think otherwise. Plain and simple.
Tazer_Gunshot
06/05/2014 10:25 PM (UTC)
legoslayer10 Wrote:
I don't want DLC. The idea is ridiculous, as what it generally is is deliberately removing pieces of the game that way you can sell them for more money later.

I imagine that some people say I just want to keep my money in my pocket and not pay for cool extras. Now, while I do like money, if I feel it's worth it, I will buy it because it's a large part of my enjoyment (i.e., Manhunter and Scorpion in Injustice). If a game makes DLC because it is wanted, and NOT just cut, i think it's great (Dark Souls 1 is a prime example). But when the take out part of the game and charge me more for it later, I don't like it. It makes me spend $85+ that I could get for a basic 40 about 4 months later when the "Komplete Edition" comes out (as it inevitably always will).

No, I vote none. I don't like DLC for the simple fact that it should already be in the game. I could elaborate on why I don't want certain characters from this list, or how they would already be in, but that's not the point of this comment.

If there is DLC, all you have to do is wait and buy the Komplete Edition. You get everything for free in the game and you save money! wow
The Komplete Edition doesn't really come out that much longer after. Buy the original while waiting for the Komplete Edition. Then buy that and sell the original (Just don't buy DLC).
StrykerKombat
06/05/2014 10:37 PM (UTC)
there's going to be DLC regardless of weather we want it or not, but I can't really make any requests as I don't know who'll be in the main line up yet, I will say I'd like mostly MK characters as DLC with maybe one crossover character at most.
hankypanky1
06/05/2014 10:51 PM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:

Because nobody gives a flying fuck about him despite what fanboys like yourself think otherwise. Plain and simple.

Actually Tremor is #6 currently. Beating out Havik (7), Sareena (8), Tanya (9), Khameleon (10). I'm not a Tremor fanboy BTW, I just wanted to see what the commotion was about because of sudden interest in Tremor.

This poll's been around many MK forums and there's been over 450 votes so far... any MK forums I'm missing... MKnexus, Mksecrets, themortalkombat, warnerbros site, mko, fdmk, testyourmight and even on ign.
#Inb4lock
hankypanky1
06/06/2014 04:45 AM (UTC)
cyrax_has_returned Wrote:
#Inb4lock

Please stop spamming where I post without meaningful content as it does not add to the conversation.

MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
06/06/2014 05:18 AM (UTC)
Voted Tremor.
MK_Fanatic_
06/06/2014 05:27 AM (UTC)
I'd love to see a version of me in this game
Someone close this needless topic, Icebaby already created exactly the same but just more diverse topic.
hankypanky1
06/06/2014 11:51 AM (UTC)
cyrax_has_returned Wrote:
Someone close this needless topic, Icebaby already created exactly the same but just more diverse topic.

Are u slow? I'm starting to think you're special needs. If u had paid attention you'll see I've answered this above. We've reached 500 votes, good stuff.

Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.