mkdfan
About Me
06/16/2014 09:52 PM (UTC)
Voted for Baraka.
Personally I wouldn't miss either of them if they weren't in the next game.
SwingBatta
06/16/2014 10:00 PM (UTC)
Detox Wrote:
Oh Kano....
You are wanted and you're hunted
You're the bad guy but I feel for you
You're a danger, a fallen angel
but I like you
You're the strongest of them all!

...kano wins.

Hah!!!!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/16/2014 10:05 PM (UTC)
"But I like you" always makes me laugh. Kano just needs a friend, shucks.
MrNobody9999
06/16/2014 10:14 PM (UTC)
Kano and Baraka was a tough choice. They're both pretty cool. I went with Baraka, though, because I thought that his design was a little more creative.

I've always thought it was odd that Kano and Baraka have fought in the same mortal kombat tournament one time in the entire original timeline.

Baraka was playable in MK2, Kano wasn't. Kano was playable in MK3. Baraka wasn't. Kano was in Deadly Alliance, Baraka wasn't. Baraka was in Deception, Kano wasn't. They were only both in Armageddon and MK9. (I don't really count MK Trilogy and MK versus DC as being canon.) I always thought they could have an interesting dynamic, too. Baraka is basically the outworld version of Kano and vice versa.

Eh. I'm rambling.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

06/17/2014 12:22 AM (UTC)
I went with Baraka in the end. I know what a surprise; the dude with the Baraka gear voted Baraka. It was just so hard for me to vote because Kano is my 2nd favorite character and I wanted both of them to succeed. Now that they're pitted against each other in round one, it was tough to choose, but I couldn't let my bladed buddy down.

I'm too nice.
JaymzHetfield
06/17/2014 12:24 AM (UTC)
I went with Baraka. Kano has his place (runner up best fatality in MK1, imo), but Baraka has him beat. I don't think there is anyone who played MK2 whose eyes didn't go directly to the really scary looking guy on the bottom left.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/17/2014 01:56 AM (UTC)
Dashiexp is also one of the reasons why I like Baraka. grinwow
Quanchi9
About Me

why

06/17/2014 06:37 AM (UTC)
I feel like sometime soon we're going to get Kotal Kahn vs Shao Kahn.
_MKX_
About Me

06/17/2014 06:46 AM (UTC)
Out of these two classics, I prefer Baraka.
Charybdis
About Me

"Pray for the Kahn's Mercy"

06/17/2014 06:50 AM (UTC)
Quanchi9 Wrote:
I feel like sometime soon we're going to get Kotal Kahn vs Shao Kahn.

Mick, dont do it....please, no...
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
06/17/2014 08:11 AM (UTC)

They were two of their realm's greatest defenders, but the trials of Mortal Kombat twisted their souls in suffocating tandem fates. Liu Kang - Shaolin Monk, descendent of the great champion and warrior without peer. The true destined saviour and champion of Mortal Kombat! Raiden - Lord of the storms, god of thunder and protector of the realm of Earth. Sworn to the law of the Elder Gods he watches over humanity pledged never to interfere lest there be dire consequences... A story mode grudge bout of epic proportions! Who's next? Choose their destiny!... FIGHT!

MarbleD410
About Me

This is a signature of eggs and oils

06/17/2014 08:31 AM (UTC)
I'd vote raiden, only if he comes back as Dark raiden(now that was epic)
StrykerKombat
06/17/2014 09:15 AM (UTC)
thunder god wins
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

06/17/2014 11:44 AM (UTC)
Never been a huge fan of either one. Dark Raiden had tons of potential and I'm sad to see the reboot button got pressed before it could be fully explored. Maybe he could still go down that path?

Rayden 4 duh winz!
donsian
06/17/2014 11:51 AM (UTC)
I couldn't care less about the two, but I voted liu kang because Raiden got just about everyone killed, and Liu should have his revenge!
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

06/17/2014 11:53 AM (UTC)
Raiden, even though his design was crappy and he was a dumbass in MK9. I'd like to see his MK:DA design come back
Klaudio
06/17/2014 01:59 PM (UTC)
I can believe it,two battles of dead,like group of dead,Liu Kang vs. Raiden,last year Shaolin Monk is not been lucky when he dropped by Fujin,while God of Thunder come to the final.Great and i think,tie to the end.I want to see both on a sixteenth final,but,just one pass.
SwingBatta
06/17/2014 03:59 PM (UTC)
What? A character I picked is winning decisively for once?? What's the world coming to?
krajax
06/17/2014 04:18 PM (UTC)
Can Liu Kang outmatch Raiden?

Response
tgrant
About Me
Project MKK: Coming soon...

Currently working on: MKD & MKA - The One Ring Theory
06/17/2014 04:44 PM (UTC)
My votes for the last rounds went to Motaro, Johnny Cage, Shinnok, Reptile and Baraka.
For this round, I vote for my boy Raiden. I hope they do something major to redeem the ruining of his character in MK9. How they portrayed him in the story and the decisions they had him make was painful. I feel they lost any sense of who Raiden and they did it for the sake of killing a majority of the cast. Poor decisions made all around, imo. That said, he's still a more interesting character than Liu Kang (who I do like). And he's awesome! That helps! grin
etuisee
06/17/2014 05:08 PM (UTC)
i really love both of them but Liu Kang was such a beotch in mk9 so i think im gonna go with Raiden wow
SneakyLizard
06/17/2014 05:11 PM (UTC)
I picked Raiden, since Liu Kang acted like a komplete asshole towards Raiden near the end of MK9's story mode.
Nephrite
06/17/2014 05:39 PM (UTC)
Raiden
RedSumac
06/17/2014 05:52 PM (UTC)
Raiden.
I liked him in MK9. Liu, also, was much better character in that game as well.
Tazer_Gunshot
06/17/2014 07:25 PM (UTC)
Voted Raiden! wow

That was an easy choosing. Anyone would beat Liu Kang in a vote.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.