SwingBatta
07/04/2014 12:33 AM (UTC)
I actually liked Goro's MK9 look. Besides the muscles and all that, his face was a little more...cuter?
Jaded-Raven
07/04/2014 12:35 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
I actually liked Goro's MK9 look. Besides the muscles and all that, his face was a little more...cuter?

That's my point. It looks wrong. He's always had that brutish look to him, but in MK9 he has a button nose... :/
SwingBatta
07/04/2014 01:08 AM (UTC)
Strangely, I thought it was Kintaro's face that they got wrong in MK9.
Jaded-Raven
07/04/2014 01:09 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:

His too, and Sheeva's for that matter.
Klaudio
07/04/2014 01:16 AM (UTC)
Shokan monster and former MK Champion,against Lin Kuei ninja assasin(aka Tomas Vrbada)and last year`s winner of Supreme MK,for now is great battle,but i think is there Smoke win on this fight!!
SwingBatta
07/04/2014 01:54 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
SwingBatta Wrote:

His too, and Sheeva's for that matter.

Sheeva actually worked. (I feel like I'm countering everything you say.) It's her outfit I hated, but you can't really put a Shokan in track pants.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/04/2014 03:08 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
Detox Wrote:
Despite the reboot, Goro remains the 9 time champion of mortal kombat(makes you wonder how he got his ass handed to him the entire story mode).

To be fair, all the baddies were made to look like asses in the MK9 story mode. But hey, at least 99% of them lived (minus Sindel, and Noob, I think).

Shang Tsung also died.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
07/04/2014 04:04 AM (UTC)
FourArmsNoMercy Wrote:
Goro! And what about mokap, chamaleon, khameleon and kotal kahn? I presume the last one wasn't included cause there's a possibility to be shao kahn's incarnation or something like that, but as we don't know yet, he should be included I think....

We had a relegation shortlist based on potency, voting history, relevance and the random draw. It was a tough decision. Khameleon & Chameleon were ultimately cut for their relative obscurity and console exclusivity. This gave the second generation characters a last hurrah, of sorts.

As MK creeps toward (and beyond) 70 mainline characters, relegation will be a fact of life. In 2015 we'll be taking our cues from MKX, but I'm sure prior cuts will get serious consideration. Chameleon missed out in 2012, but has a strong average vote and the benefit of appearing on all major platforms (Armageddon). Khameleon has only been Nintendo exclusive, but obviously has a strong following and greater connection to the series mythology.

SwingBatta Wrote:
JRC15 Wrote:
I'm surprised Smoke is beating Goro. Not who I picked at all LOL.

I don't think Goro has ever been tremendously popular since day one.

If someone doesn't have any appreciation for Goro, there's a very good chance they came late to the series. Day one is exactly when Goro was his most untouchable. He's still a very strong character, but interests have become increasingly divided over time, and his legend probably doesn't get the respect it deserves.

"Iconic" gets thrown around a lot - but Goro is a character whose silhouette was as potent an image as the dragon logo. Anyone who followed promotion of the movie in '95 should remember his shadow on posters and adverts. Even when he got bumped, the mythology of his MKII disappearance was a big arcade/playground talking point. MK mythology is a big part of Goro's mystique, too, remembering that he was the most extreme representation of the fantasy elements that overtook the series in MKII+.

Like a lot of characters, however, he's suffered for his legend, too. MK has always been good at talking up its legendary figures, but when it comes to spending time with them, it's usually in their most embarrassing moments of defeat. We know Goro as a 9-time Mortal Kombat champion - but have only witnessed him in various defeats and inconsistencies.

Still one of the greats. A unique piece of MK mythology that has gratefully retained its instantly recognizable qualities. MK fans have kinda been conditioned to see consistency as a weakness. It's a strength. Maybe even more so in a series that constantly revises its characters.
predac0n
07/04/2014 04:33 AM (UTC)

blacksaibot Wrote:
Reptile_896 Wrote:
It baffles me how Smoke WHO WAS CREATED AFTER Goro is winning right now. Damn kids respect your elders.

Oh yeah, that's right. We're required to favor the MK1 cast purely because they "came out first." Awesome. Why don't we vote for Mokap over D'Vorah in the next tournament like this genius would suggest?

Last time I checked Goro defeated The Great Kung Lao in order to give Outworld their 9th tournament win in a row. Remind me what Smoke has done in his long illustrious career? Oh right get turned into a Robot, retconned into a Smoke demon, retconned into a Human also Subz best friend? Goro is light years ahead of Smoke in terms of Character progression and interest factor. But if you're into Bland ass characters by all means carry on Blandy mc bland bland.
Darkhound74
07/04/2014 04:42 AM (UTC)
Reptile_896 Wrote:

blacksaibot Wrote:
Reptile_896 Wrote:
It baffles me how Smoke WHO WAS CREATED AFTER Goro is winning right now. Damn kids respect your elders.

Oh yeah, that's right. We're required to favor the MK1 cast purely because they "came out first." Awesome. Why don't we vote for Mokap over D'Vorah in the next tournament like this genius would suggest?

Last time I checked Goro defeated The Great Kung Lao in order to give Outworld their 9th tournament win in a row. Remind me what Smoke has done in his long illustrious career? Oh right get turned into a Robot, retconned into a Smoke demon, retconned into a Human also Subz best friend? Goro is light years ahead of Smoke in terms of Character progression and interest factor. But if you're into Bland ass characters by all means carry on Blandy mc bland bland.

It's also counter-productive to try and bait an argument by insulting a fan favorite. Also there have been many characters who have had awesome back stories, but that doesn't mean they are deserve superiority.
predac0n
07/04/2014 04:57 AM (UTC)
My first post was never ment to be taken seriously to be quite honest, It seems kind of silly as a 23 year old to tell people to "respect their elders" OG characters just have a special place for me because those are the characters I grew up on, However I do think story wise Goro is superior that doesn't mean I hate or even remotely dislike Smoke his story is just garbage level bland.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
07/04/2014 05:43 AM (UTC)

Sub-Zero was once a proud member of the Lin Kuei, but a twist of fate damned him to be betrayed and transformed as a living machine! Drahmin was once a terrible warlord, but in death he was transformed into something far worse - an "Oni Tormentor"! Only one will reign supreme! Round 2 begins! Choose their destiny!... FIGHT!

Darkhound74
07/04/2014 05:48 AM (UTC)
Regardless of the outcome.....Drahmin!
Sub-Zero is love Sub-Zero is life
predac0n
07/04/2014 06:05 AM (UTC)
Subz obviously but Drahmin is still a dope character.
SwingBatta
07/04/2014 06:09 AM (UTC)
Welp, goodbye Drahmin...
Napalm1980
07/04/2014 07:25 AM (UTC)
Drahmin
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/04/2014 07:44 AM (UTC)
I just realized, Sub-Zero's icon is Cyber, and I like Cyber Sub-Zero just as much as I like Drahmin, so coin flip time. Drahmin.
DVorah
07/04/2014 08:13 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
DVorah Wrote:
ErmackDaddy Wrote:
I think Smoke is somewhat bland. Enenra who is a robot then isn't. Also one subbies bff and the other subbies bitch.
Goro to me is kinda nifty. He goes from fearsome sub boss to kitanas ally, then totally betrays her and is bad again. Layers man. Layers. I vote for Prince Badass.

Its your opinion, but I just want to say that NOTHING Enenra can be bland.

Dragons, Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies are BLAND and overused, an original Japanese yokai like the smoke demon Enenra can't be overused and bland because they are freaking rare, Smoke is the only Enenra to appear in a video game EVER, even Final Fantasy and D&D don't use Enenra's yet. And i'm doing all I can to get Enenra's into Pathfinders 5th Bestiary.

So don't call Enenra Bland.

How come you can't stop picking on people for their character preferences?
He has the right to call Enenras "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" for all we care.

Funny, how he has the right to speak anything, and I have not.

Hypocrite

Anyway, i'm all for Drahmin, so much more potential and i'm Sub-tired.
predac0n
07/04/2014 08:18 AM (UTC)
DVorah Wrote:Anyway, i'm all for Drahmin, so much more potentional and i'm Sub-tired.

Are you even an MK fan? Like seriously how can you claim to be an MK fan and dislike both Subz and Scorp it's not humanly possible. What's next Hipster?
mkmileena
About Me

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

07/04/2014 08:43 AM (UTC)

Drahmin.
DVorah
07/04/2014 08:47 AM (UTC)
Reptile_896 Wrote:
DVorah Wrote:Anyway, i'm all for Drahmin, so much more potentional and i'm Sub-tired.

Are you even an MK fan? Like seriously how can you claim to be an MK fan and dislike both Subz and Scorp it's not humanly possible. What's next Hipster?

Yes darling, i'm also a Streetfighter fan (not as much as MK tho) but I HATE Ryu and Ken with sweet passion.

I just hate characters that are overused and I hate it when people mindlessly scream for their name when the topic is about Tanya, Mileena or Stryker. Like on facebook, a picture of D'vorah... everybody replies with: Sub-Zero forever, I want only sub-zero in. I hate those people, and so I started to hate the thing they love most.

Tho I don't hate Scorpion, hell his MK9 portal fatality is my favorite fatality of all times, I just don't like Sub-Zero because I don't like the storyline of Noob Saibot and Sub-2.

I wished the original Sub-Zero (the evil selfish one) never died and that the good-pussy sub-zero never been born. I also don't like Noob being old Sub-Zero, I wished it was an original character without links to sub-zero.

I do like his ice powers tho.

And you can be a fan, even if you only like secondary characters, but I like almost all characters, Sub-Zero however isn't one of them.
predac0n
07/04/2014 08:58 AM (UTC)
So essentially You dislike popular characters and like the more obscure secondary characters? That's cool I guess it's your opinion after all and you're entitled to it.
DVorah
07/04/2014 08:59 AM (UTC)
Anyway let me make a prediction for the upcoming battles as they are gonna be really easy (and horrible for me)

Sub-Zero beats Drahmin.
Cyrax beats Havik
Scorpion beats Li Mei with ease

Kitana beats Tanya, because there are so many kitana fans here and Tanya haters.

Noob beats D'vorah
Johnny Cage beats Ferra/Torr
Reptile beats Shinnok, only battle so far I like the outcome from.
Raiden beats Baraka
Ermac beats Nitara, good

Shao Kahn beats Rain (only battle I'm not sure off, but there are a lot of Rain haters here, and everything I like probably loses)

Kenshi beats Kai
Sonya beats Fujin, the bitch.
Kung Lao beats Sektor, the whore
Shang Tsung beats Blaze with freaking ease.
jade beats Nightwolf
Smoke beats Quan Chi.

Tada, you can give me the money straight away. I'll win.
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/04/2014 09:15 AM (UTC)
Reptile_896 Wrote:

It's called having an opinion, which you clearly can't deal with.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.