SwingBatta
07/07/2014 08:26 PM (UTC)
In the end, though, this is the internet and not real life, and this is a meaningless poll in the grand scheme of things. I mean, I like it, but still.

Ignore the BS and move on. However, Mick needs to start cracking down on the perpetrators as well.
Tazer_Gunshot
07/07/2014 08:35 PM (UTC)
I Voted Tanya.
Truly, I did say Kitana sucks many times in threads. Yes she is iconic, been there since MK2! I just would like to see the newer characters get more exposure, that's all. I push a lot of older characters aside, not just Kitana.
Characters like Mileena and Baraka, I keep them up front. By this I mean, They are creatures and I like seeing them in fighting games. That is why I want them two, to stay around.
Now we have D'Vorah, she is a new creature. She could be my most-liked new female character. Yet that has to been seen
Kano is just brilliant with his schemes. He is another up front character. Since Cassie needs someone to sparr with, Kano is the man to have.

So in conclusion, Kitana is a great character overall.
AJAX75
07/07/2014 08:43 PM (UTC)
Voted Tanya because she isn't Kitana.
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

07/07/2014 08:55 PM (UTC)
Whoops! Wrong thread...
Nephrite
07/07/2014 09:13 PM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
They're both boring, but I chose Kitana.

This post + your avatar =
projectzero00
07/07/2014 09:18 PM (UTC)
Charybdis Wrote:
projectzero00 Wrote:
Charybdis Wrote:
Tanya has the most annoying fanbase on here and I'm loving the beginning of the meltdown here. So, Kitana

What are you talking about? I have never even seen a huge Tanya fan in here. Well besides Jaded who is occasionally annoying but only when we disagree wink
Other than that I wouldn't even say she has an actual "fanbase" in here. Let alone an annoying one.

See many other characters with their own superthreads around here?

What? Is that an actual argument? The fact that some random user here made a "superthread" about a character and people are posting in it means that character has a great fanbase?confused
And even if it did, there are actually quite a lot of separate characters' threads if you bother to look a few pages back. Still your point doesn't stand about Tanya's so called "annoying" fans imho...
DVorah
07/07/2014 09:48 PM (UTC)
Charybdis is a emotion troll, he feeds on your reactions. He probably thinks himself a hunter of trolls, and only is "evil" against what he thinks are trolls.

I still don't understand his username at all. What kind of person calls himself after one of the more awesome greek mythology monsters? His attitude doesn't suit the name.

Anyway, get this freaking unfair fight over with. Tanya can never win, and almost NONE of the characters from MK 1,2 and 3 can loose against later characters, only Sheeva, Sindel, Sektor and Kano probably...
ReptzMK
07/07/2014 09:53 PM (UTC)
DVorah Wrote:
Charybdis is a emotion troll, he feeds on your reactions. He probably thinks himself a hunter of trolls, and only is "evil" against what he thinks are trolls.

I still don't understand his username at all. What kind of person calls himself after one of the more awesome greek mythology monsters? His attitude doesn't suit the name.

Anyway, get this freaking unfair fight over with. Tanya can never win, and almost NONE of the characters from MK 1,2 and 3 can loose against later characters, only Sheeva, Sindel, Sektor and Kano probably...

Just a game, bro. grin

And to be honest, Tanya fans should be rejoicing. The fight was a lot closer than I would have guessed, and shows that Tanya does indeed have a sizable and passionate fanbase.

Should be proud that she came within 10-15 percentage points of Kitana. smile
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

07/07/2014 10:03 PM (UTC)
DVorah Wrote:Anyway, get this freaking unfair fight over with. Tanya can never win, and almost NONE of the characters from MK 1,2 and 3 can loose against later characters, only Sheeva, Sindel, Sektor and Kano probably...

Unfair? 40% to 60% is pretty close. You gotta remember she's going against the Edenian princess, which is a pretty tough matchup since she's an iconic female of the series. And I wouldn't say almost none of the MK1-3 would lose against the later ones, unless of course they're going against Hsu Hao, Darrius, or Kobra. But pit them against Kenshi or Havik and I think they'd have a good fight.
RoyalChakra
07/07/2014 11:12 PM (UTC)
Nephrite Wrote:
[Killswitch] Wrote:

You're a Fujin fan, have several seats. He's boring as hell. And DEAD at Baraka being more of a fan favorite.
Darkhound74
07/07/2014 11:41 PM (UTC)
RoyalChakra Wrote:
Nephrite Wrote:
[Killswitch] Wrote:

You're a Fujin fan, have several seats. He's boring as hell. And DEAD at Baraka being more of a fan favorite.

I'm curious as to why you try to insult people based on who their favorite characters are?
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

07/07/2014 11:42 PM (UTC)
Nephrite Wrote:
[Killswitch] Wrote:

We need a Baraka wearing sunglasses emoticon because that's what I'd respond with right now.
petrcech
07/07/2014 11:44 PM (UTC)
Kitana beats Tanya easily, why is it even being debated? Kitana is royalty and key to Mortal Kombat. Tanya isn't important.

Now I wonder if she could ever take Scorpion down in the next round. IMO she can and should. The poster boy has to go...
Jaded-Raven
07/08/2014 12:36 AM (UTC)
People can vote for whoever they wish for whatever reason they want to.

I already knew Tanya would lose to Kitana, simply because Kitana has a deeper story and a better character development overall, alot more fleshed out and has been in many more games than Tanya. She beats Tanya in both quantity and quality.

I still prefer Tanya over Kitana though, but I know these things and I accept them.

Tanya fans, take the defeat with dignity. Be reasonable. We may like Tanya more than Kitana, but we are the minority here. That Tanya has more than 40% of the votes as this post is written is quite the victory in itself.
SwingBatta
07/08/2014 01:16 AM (UTC)
Unfortunately I don't think it's owed solely to Tanya's fans. The Scorpion Rule is also in effect here as well in terms of the voting.
TomTaz
About Me

"Retirement my ass!"

07/08/2014 01:39 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
People can vote for whoever they wish for whatever reason they want to.

I already knew Tanya would lose to Kitana, simply because Kitana has a deeper story and a better character development overall, alot more fleshed out and has been in many more games than Tanya. She beats Tanya in both quantity and quality.

I still prefer Tanya over Kitana though, but I know these things and I accept them.

Tanya fans, take the defeat with dignity. Be reasonable. We may like Tanya more than Kitana, but we are the minority here. That Tanya has more than 40% of the votes as this post is written is quite the victory in itself.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Totally agree here. I prefer Tanya myself... but I wasn't kidding myself as to her chances of winning this. Kitana will take the victory, but the fact the Tanya has as many votes as she does is great. I thought she was going to be all out slaughtered here. So I'm happy.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

07/08/2014 01:40 AM (UTC)
RoyalChakra Wrote:
Nephrite Wrote:
[Killswitch] Wrote:

Neph and I are friends having a laugh. Stop trying to stir up trouble.
SuB-zErOduhbest
07/08/2014 01:45 AM (UTC)
Kitana
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

07/08/2014 03:44 AM (UTC)
I just voted and I already forgot who it was. Don't care for them both regardless.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
07/08/2014 05:32 AM (UTC)

Noob Saibot - the blackened wraith of a corrupt assassin. Risen from the Netherrealm to do the bidding of the Brotherhood of Shadows! D'Vorah - mysterious new challenger with the sting of a wasp and an arsenal of living weapons. Only one veiled warrior will emerge from the secret war of Round 2! Who's next? Choose their destiny!... FIGHT!

SwingBatta
07/08/2014 05:41 AM (UTC)
Phew, thank God Tanyagate is finally out of the way. That was an ugly matchup.
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

07/08/2014 06:07 AM (UTC)
I don't know anything about D'Vorah's story. Although I like her appearance and moveset, it's not enough to take on Bi Han. Looks like the Noob wins this one. glasses
KcinTnarg
07/08/2014 06:25 AM (UTC)
I voted for Noob! But on a side note, it's going to suck when Kung Lao beats Sektor...sad
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

07/08/2014 06:33 AM (UTC)
D'Vorah. Noob was one big disappointment in MK9
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/08/2014 07:19 AM (UTC)
I gotta vote for the Noobster, since he's my 5th favorite and I know nothing about D'Vorah.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.