Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

07/25/2014 11:58 PM (UTC)
Fujin
DVorah
07/26/2014 01:18 AM (UTC)
So much hate in this topic to poor Fujin...

People on these forums really hate elements... Tremor is hated, Rain is hated and now many people curse on Fujin in this topic (while he is still winning, so I don't know how that is possible, many no posting voters it seems)...

Only the boring fire-characters are praised.

Fire = Wolverine of the elements. wink

SwingBatta
07/26/2014 01:50 AM (UTC)
Who's "cursing" Fujin, exactly?
lel @ Kenshi getting fucked up by dat comeback.
unleash_your_tounge
About Me

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle

07/26/2014 02:08 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:

Probably Shinnok.....or Taven.
SwingBatta
07/26/2014 02:15 AM (UTC)
unleash_your_tounge Wrote:
SwingBatta Wrote:

Heh.
Joking aside, it would suck majorly if Kenshi lost to a fanboy favorite who's barely figured in the series.
Darkhound74
07/26/2014 04:25 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:
unleash_your_tounge Wrote:
SwingBatta Wrote:

Heh.
Joking aside, it would suck majorly if Kenshi lost to a fanboy favorite who's barely figured in the series.

Hopefully NRS will change that.
SwingBatta
07/26/2014 05:17 AM (UTC)
Sigh, I guess this one is pretty much over.
Jaded-Raven
07/26/2014 05:21 AM (UTC)
A really close race between the two, but with Fujin leading with a slight margin. Unless a few people suddenly join in and vote for Kenshi before the next battle ensues...

*HINT HINT!!!*

I mean, come on... DAT ASS!!!

Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/26/2014 05:21 AM (UTC)
Just end the fight, Fujin won.

I hope God will listen to me again.
SwingBatta
07/26/2014 05:32 AM (UTC)
I was especially hoping for an Ermac/Kenshi matchup. Guess we just can't have nice things.
Oh well, at least I'm 5-1 in my round predictions so far, including this one.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
07/26/2014 06:09 AM (UTC)

Round 3 delivers the ultimate battle of hero and villain! Kung Lao is a Shaolin fighting monk dedicated to defending the realm of Earth from the perils of Outworld and its many agents. Shang Tsung is the evil sorcerer who serves Outworld as its delegate. He corrupted the Shaolin tournament and would kill its greatest champion if given the chance. A hero's legacy is in Kung Lao's blood! Can it thwart the immortal menace of Shang Tsung? Who's next? Choose their destiny!... FIGHT!

Jaded-Raven
07/26/2014 06:11 AM (UTC)
Shang Tsung. That old fart got the short end of the stick in MK9... so did Kung Lao too, actually. But Shang's overall character all through the series still leaves me to like him more than Kung Lao.
krajax
07/26/2014 06:16 AM (UTC)
Kung Lao got his ass owned by Shang in Deadly Alliance. And die again by Shang's hand he shall >:)
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/26/2014 06:24 AM (UTC)
AgentK
About Me
07/26/2014 06:27 AM (UTC)
Lol @ Fujin winning. Might as well include Mokap in there too.

Shang Tsung gets my vote. Hate, hate, hate Kung Lao with a passion, especially in MK9.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

07/26/2014 07:12 AM (UTC)
Shang Tsung
Quanchi9
About Me

why

07/26/2014 07:30 AM (UTC)
The jealous guy (Kung Lao) against the laughing stock of MK who has fucked up in EVERY game he has been in. (Shang Tsung)
RedSumac
07/26/2014 09:13 AM (UTC)
Shang Tsung.

Just because predicting anything in this voting is seemingly useless. Well, except for Sub-Zero's victory that is.

WTH? Kenshi lost to who? This is crazy. Or stupid.
Jaded-Raven
07/26/2014 09:20 AM (UTC)
RedSumac Wrote: This is Krazy.

There, much better.
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

07/26/2014 10:01 AM (UTC)
Voted for Kung Lao. Though he lost the battle and his life to him in Deadly Alliance, I still believe he has what it takes to become an MK champion.
legend_armlet
07/26/2014 10:37 AM (UTC)
Kung Lao. I never liked Shang Tsung after MK2. His gameplay completely sucked in MK3, UMK3 and MKT and also in MK9.
KungLaodoesntsuck
07/26/2014 10:43 AM (UTC)
Fujin beat Kenshi? Wow I didn't think he could. Awesome. And voted KL but you already knew that.

AgentK Wrote:
Lol @ Fujin winning. Might as well include Mokap in there too.

Mokap is nowhere near Fujin's level. Stop being silly.
ReptzMK
07/26/2014 10:53 AM (UTC)
Shang Tsung.

"...it has BEGUN!"
Nephrite
07/26/2014 11:02 AM (UTC)
CassiesPatentedNutBuster Wrote:
Nephrite Wrote:
DAFUQ am I reading here? Fujin overrated? confused
His limited exposure doesn't warrant all the praise, so, yah, he's overrated.
How is this surprising.

Generally, there aren't many Fujin fans around. Most people are just okay with him, he doesn't get as much hate as some other post-MKT characters and that's pretty much it.

I don't see 'all the praise'. Yeah, he did well in some 'characters you want in MKX that weren't in MK2011'-type polls and is doing well in this tournament. People expect MK4 characters to return considering how the last game ended, and since he didn't get as much hate as some other MK4 characters (Jarek, Meat, even Kai and Shinnok to some extent), this is understandable at this point in MK's life.

Him beating Kenshi was a nice pleasant 'half-surprise'. Generally I'd see that fight 55-45, maybe even 60-40 in Kenshi's favor. However, Kenshi was DLC in the last game and made an appearance in Legacy, so I guess those neutral fans opted for Fujin this time as their 'Kenshi need' has been satisfied and would like to see someone else instead for a change.

SwingBatta Wrote:
I was especially hoping for an Ermac/Kenshi matchup. Guess we just can't have nice things.

If I remember well, that matchup happened last year and Ermac won.

... ... ...

Although Shang's super fun gameplay in MK2011 made me enjoy the character more than ever before, he's still far from Kung Lao in my books.

glasses
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.