_MKX_
About Me

06/03/2014 06:52 AM (UTC)
Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
rainbowrabbit Wrote:
_MKX_ Wrote:
I soon as a heard rapping I knew people would complain.

Saying you don't like something is called having an opinion. Why are so many people intent on insulting those who voice one aspect they don't like?

What I was saying was far from an insult. Perhaps I used the wrong word usage and complain has negative connotations, but I was simply stating how I felt that the MK community would receive a rap song used in any capacity in a MK setting.

Complain was the only word that I could think of at the time, I probably should have said something like "Rap in a MK trailer? Probably won't be received well by most" Oh well.
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

06/03/2014 07:58 AM (UTC)
I like the animation style, I also like the costumes Scorpion looks kinda dirty and his costume makeshift which I prefer over him being gleaming, Sub-Zero almost looks undead.

Do you think Sub-Zero using the trees mid fight could mean stage interactions?
Mobster_For_SATAN
06/03/2014 08:08 AM (UTC)
raidenthefridge Wrote:
I like the animation style, I also like the costumes Scorpion looks kinda dirty and his costume makeshift which I prefer over him being gleaming, Sub-Zero almost looks undead.

If it's as simple as it looks in the trailer, then fine. Even stage trasitions.

I see it being each character uses the weapon in a different way. It should only work for 2 hits, then it's gone. The difference of this and the other times weapons were on stages, they break fast. No over using, it's just like an extended punch that lasts 2 hits. Unlike Injustice where there are super humans who can fly, and easily lift 4 ton objects with ease. It won't be this case with MK. They showcased how small of a deal a stage weapon could be.

Stage transitions I don't see being in in the same fashion of Injustice. Again, it's MK, they're not super heros. I doubt we'll see anyone tumbling down a mountain, through buildings. Even the same way as in MKD. No silliness.

Instead it looked more like 2D paths. Throwing, or kicking someone through the tree on the ice forest enlarges the stage. Same could be done with doors. Imagine a seamless transition of stages by launching them through a door to a whole different arena. Still being able to see where you just fought on the far side.

ReptileFinally
06/03/2014 08:22 AM (UTC)
Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
raidenthefridge Wrote:

If it's as simple as it looks in the trailer, then fine. Even stage trasitions.

I see it being each character uses the weapon in a different way. It should only work for 2 hits, then it's gone. The difference of this and the other times weapons were on stages, they break fast. No over using, it's just like an extended punch that lasts 2 hits. Unlike Injustice where there are super humans who can fly, and easily lift 4 ton objects with ease. It won't be this case with MK. They showcased how small of a deal a stage weapon could be.

Stage transitions I don't see being in in the same fashion of Injustice. Again, it's MK, they're not super heros. I doubt we'll see anyone tumbling down a mountain, through buildings. Even the same way as in MKD. No silliness.

Instead it looked more like 2D paths. Throwing, or kicking someone through the tree on the ice forest enlarges the stage. Same could be done with doors. Imagine a seamless transition of stages by launching them through a door to a whole different arena. Still being able to see where you just fought on the far side.

The way you described it would be perfect for Mortal Kombat, nothing over the top, but still badass in its own right.
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

06/03/2014 09:14 AM (UTC)
^^ Yea thats pretty much what I meant, they look unique to each character too, who else but Subby is gonna freeze a tree branch!

Also, It seems much like MK9s, MKX's marketing campaign will consist entirely of Scorpion killing Sub Zero lol.
RyanSeabass
06/03/2014 09:55 AM (UTC)
@raidenthefridge:

Not unless Kratos comes to save him at the last second. wink
Nephrite
06/03/2014 12:04 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Nephrite Wrote:
I didn't like the animation, they way they moved just seemed odd

Yeah, the characters had that rubbery "CGI from a movie made ten years ago" look to them in all of MK9's pre-rendered CGI trailers too. It looks like the same work as those, like the one where Kratos is revealed or the one with the Disturbed song, just Scorp and Sub are wearing different clothes.

Rubbery! Rubbery! smile
06/03/2014 02:25 PM (UTC)
You know, my one major gripe about the trailer is that is does little to actually present the game.

It doesn't even seem connected to MKX. It could've been a trailer for anything, be it a video game, a web series, a short film, or even to simply promote a website.

I'm very much hoping E3 does great deal to not only express the game in greater detail, but fill the void of this trailer. As of now, I am pretty displeased with the reveal. It could've - and should've - been much better.
sss133
06/03/2014 02:29 PM (UTC)
Cool trailer but............................They actually spelled 'Coming' with a C
KungLaodoesntsuck
06/03/2014 02:36 PM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
You know, my one major gripe about the trailer is that is does little to actually present the game.

It doesn't even seem connected to MKX. It could've been a trailer for anything, be it a video game, a web series, a short film, or even to simply promote a website.

I'm very much hoping E3 does great deal to not only express the game in greater detail, but fill the void of this trailer. As of now, I am pretty displeased with the reveal. It could've - and should've - been much better.

The reveal was fine. After all, that's all it was. A reveal trailer. Just to let us know the game exists and it's coming. It showed everybody's favorite ninjas fighting while showing possible hints at things to expect in the game. It didn't need to show anything plot related. Come E3 we'll see more of what this game is about.
Immortal_Kanji
06/04/2014 01:03 AM (UTC)
I'm guessing this is just a teaser like MK Deadly Aliance when Scorpion does his kata. And its also like how Jax's appearance started to change.
hotKira
About Me

06/04/2014 04:50 AM (UTC)
Finally! The cinematic looks awesome! Both of Scorpion and Sub-Zero's design look definitely cool. It's funny how they can still move when their bones are breaking like MK4 or Jax smashes Quan Chi in the leg in MKA intro. I wonder if they are going to have stage interactions in MKX, seems to me like when Sub-Zero flies into the tree or the edge of the stage and then grabs a branch, and they both interact with the same branch in the middle (the swing and the get over here grab).

Why are people complaining about the song in a trailer? Too bad I can't hear it because I'm Deaf.

Can't wait until next week!
ErmaSco
06/04/2014 05:02 AM (UTC)
I believe that while I hated the reveal, it still was pretty cool. The problem with it is that, it absolutely tells nothing about the game. Remember MK9's Radien vs Shao kahn ? It had many reverses and the game had none. The arenas shown in it was dark and the game's look shiny.

Say nothing about the fact that it doesn't show what direction the game is taking leading to many presumed expectations that might fall totally flat.

It wasn't empty though this is what we 100% know from the trailer :
- Scorp and Subby confirmed
- Subby is not a cyborg
-Xrays are back
-Not a vs title
-Rated M
-Scorp/Subby design.

More than enough for me.

SmashK
06/04/2014 05:13 AM (UTC)
I don't have an issue with the theme song.

The orchestral parts and the beat really set the mood, both opening and closing the trailer on high emotional notes. And Wiz talks so fast that I have no clue WTF he's saying and I just tune it out and focus on the fighting.

No jimmies rustled here.

jerrylao
About Me

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/1273/14uj7.png[/IMG][/URL]

06/04/2014 05:26 AM (UTC)
I can't wait for this game to be released !!! I gotta have it :D
JasonVPred
About Me

... here's your Subzero, now plain zero.

06/04/2014 12:41 PM (UTC)
I wished the trailer had shown more stances before the fight to show off their individual fighting styles; that makes for preparation for the ensuing action.
KingBellsprout
06/04/2014 06:42 PM (UTC)
Should've been more like this
QueenAhnka
About Me

Rebel. Outsider. Fan Of The Obscure. Politically Incorrect. Spitfire!

06/04/2014 07:20 PM (UTC)
TheNinjasRock071394 Wrote:

Sorry but that was worse than the rap.

I just wanted something dark and slow.
PickleMendip
About Me

STATE FED LIES CHARM EMPTY EYES. Anon.

06/05/2014 12:40 AM (UTC)
Best birthday present ever.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

06/05/2014 12:42 AM (UTC)
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

lmao
KingBellsprout
06/05/2014 01:37 AM (UTC)
[Killswitch] Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

lmao

no h8 plz

or this
deathball95
06/05/2014 06:48 PM (UTC)
sweet
Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
furiousfurious
MKDennis1980
06/08/2014 05:19 PM (UTC)
Yeah this trailer is awesome!
Both characters are good-looking, a simple but powerfull design for Scorpion and a nice redesign off Sub with finally a different Cryo-mask design. (Sub's my favourite)
The music is good with me. I don't like the guitar music with MK that much, that era is over (MKDA, MKD and MKA). Wiz Khalifa, Well done!!
I am a MK-fan from the first our and this trailer has got me hooked, I can't wait for the game to hit the store shelves.
And next round Ed!...let Sub do a fatal on Scorp...please?sad
Tazer_Gunshot
06/10/2014 05:31 PM (UTC)
Very cool trailer and all ready liking the two new characters, especially Bee Girl.
Love Scorps 2nd fataily.
Jhonny
01/25/2015 08:46 AM (UTC)
Is Kabal a big favorite in MK or do people dislike him?
His mask make him so unique all in a positive way!
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.