Born-To-Be-Hero
02/13/2015 12:30 AM (UTC)
Dark Kard; people guessed that the number 11 was a "hint" at Evo, it wasn't fact that Boon was hinting at them being revealed at Evo 2014; if he was going to reveal them there, why didn't he?

It's almost only just 2 months until the game releases and they still haven't been revealed. You may be a big fan of both but don't pull my thread apart and over-analyse it for faults that aren't there.

The OP clearly has 2 lists, one is characters who "Possibly won't be playable", POSSIBLY, meaning they may or may not be playable.

None of what's in the OP is my own opinion, it's just info I kindly gathered from Ed's & NRS Twitter profiles and from news articles.

I suggest if you don't like how it's worded then take it up with Boon & Co, IGN and all the other media sites reporting on who may or may not be in the game; because all I've done is used the language they're all using when speaking about the characters mentioned.
daryui
About Me
02/13/2015 12:36 AM (UTC)
Sheeva's and Sindel's voice actress tweeted back in January that she was not contacted by NRS.
SwingBatta
02/13/2015 12:38 AM (UTC)
Born-To-Be-Hero Wrote:

Hopefully these will be out too:
Ashrah
Blaze
Dairou
Darrius
Kira
Kobra
Taven

Thank God you're no way involved in the character decisions.
Born-To-Be-Hero
02/13/2015 12:39 AM (UTC)
daryui Wrote:
Sheeva's and Sindel's voice actress tweeted back in January that she was not contacted by NRS.

Hmm, interesting.

Do you know the link to the tweet?
daryui
About Me
02/13/2015 01:00 AM (UTC)
Cant copy on this phone, but her twitter is @LaniMinella
Born-To-Be-Hero
02/13/2015 01:11 AM (UTC)
daryui Wrote:
Cant copy on this phone, but her twitter is @LaniMinella

Thanks, I'll check it out.

UPDATE: Also added Tiamut & Zebron to the de-confirmed list. No-one had asked about Tiamut yet as it was only speculated he may be reintroduced as a new character, so I asked and now we know.
squirt007nc
02/13/2015 01:59 AM (UTC)
Fujin is soon to be on that list.
DarkKard4
02/13/2015 03:58 AM (UTC)
Born-To-Be-Hero Wrote:
Dark Kard; people guessed that the number 11 was a "hint" at Evo, it wasn't fact that Boon was hinting at them being revealed at Evo 2014; if he was going to reveal them there, why didn't he?

He wasn't hinting at Ashrah or Jarek. He was hinting at a reveal at Evo... the Injustice Evo Finals would take place in 11 days. Meaning he was trolling with fans to tell us that there was gonna a reveal ON THAT DAY which ended up being Raiden. These were countdown tweets (done in a troll fashion), not legit hints at their "chances" GET IT NOW? jesus....

He used Ashrah, Jarek, Kung Lao, Kitana in a series of tweets using the number 11 to troll with fans. not to indicate their chances! which means anything said about Ashrah or Jarek in those tweets should be disregarded completely. Don't believe me? heres proof. all the tweets were made on the same day too and ALL of them use 11.

the last one pretty much seals the deal about these 11 tweets
Born-To-Be-Hero
02/13/2015 04:51 AM (UTC)
Why not say that in your original comment; your original complaint was that they'd not been de-confirmed.

If you'd mentioned your theory I wouldn't have shot it down so flippantly.

But either way it's still looking like Ashrah, Cyrax, Havik, Jarek, Rain, Sheeva & Sindel are possibly not going to be playable; although personally I hope some are playable.
ShingoEX
02/13/2015 06:05 AM (UTC)
I remember when h told me Quan Chi wouldn't be in MK9 because it was the MK1-3 story. You're a fool if you believe anything posted on his Twitter.
eddiesol
02/13/2015 06:36 AM (UTC)
well like I said it was pretty obvious jade was not going to be in, but i was hoping for a different character.
SneakyLizard
02/13/2015 08:07 PM (UTC)
Even though it was kinda obvious, I'm sad that Chameleon and Khameleon won't be in. At least they have a cult following. Also, I pray that there'll be petitions to get them in future games.
Capt_raw_dawg
02/14/2015 05:45 PM (UTC)
Shao Kahngrin
Reptile1994
About Me

RainReptileErmac

03/16/2015 03:06 PM (UTC)
A fucking men to that. All shit characters.
Dasher10
03/18/2015 03:44 AM (UTC)
This list of people who won't be playable is a list I'm okay with.

Motaro would be a nightmare to animate using polygons and Mavado would need a complete rework to work in 2D at which point, it may be better to develop a whole new fighter in his place since he'd effectively be a different character. Everybody else named sucks.

I also hope to never see Taven, Daegon, Blaze, Sheeva, Moloch, Kai, Kira, Shujinko or Kobra again either.
ArieV81
03/18/2015 08:28 AM (UTC)
Dasher10 Wrote:

Motaro would be a nightmare to animate using polygons and Mavado would need a complete rework to work in 2D at which point, it may be better to develop a whole new fighter in his place since he'd effectively be a different character. Everybody else named sucks.

I also hope to never see Taven, Daegon, Blaze, Sheeva, Moloch, Kai, Kira, Shujinko or Kobra again either.

Dont you worry about that. Ed clearly mentioned you wont see them again.....And thank god for that.
SneakyLizard
03/24/2015 07:26 PM (UTC)
ArieV81 Wrote:
Dasher10 Wrote:

Dont you worry about that. Ed clearly mentioned you wont see them again.....And thank god for that.

The only one I have to disagree with is Kai. He's got potential to be a better character.
SwingBatta
03/30/2015 11:56 PM (UTC)
ArieV81 Wrote:

Proof?

And "thank God" is just your opinion.
kennytwerking
04/12/2015 08:40 AM (UTC)
That makes me wonder... What the hell happened to Skarlet? It seemed she was in high demand from the fans in MK9 and now she just disappeared? Or teleported in blood back home? Wherever that is lol?
SJWMegatron
04/21/2015 04:12 PM (UTC)
With all the forgotten characters over the years the franchise definitely needs some consolidation. I would be perfectly comfortable if we find out...

Reiko and Kotal Kahn are the same person.

Sareena and Ashrah are the same person.

The entity that possessed Fox is Skarlet.

Jade & Cyrax fell into a lava pool.
SwingBatta
04/28/2015 09:57 PM (UTC)
SJWMegatron Wrote:
With all the forgotten characters over the years the franchise definitely needs some consolidation. I would be perfectly comfortable if we find out...
Reiko and Kotal Kahn are the same person.

Sareena and Ashrah are the same person.

The entity that possessed Fox is Skarlet.

Jade & Cyrax fell into a lava pool.

Do you also believe Elvis is still alive?
T0asty
About Me

art by blacksaibot

05/26/2015 09:40 PM (UTC)
I'm sad for my boy Drahmin. So much wasted potential....
barakall
02/01/2016 08:10 PM (UTC)
I truly believe until we get another Armageddon type game, we will not see: Baraka, Fujin, Rain, Havik, Motaro, Shao Kahn, Kintaro, Li Mei, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Hotaru, Kai, Nightwolf, Reiko, Mavado, Frost, Khameleon, Chameleon, Sheeva & Kabal as playable characters.
nightbreed_16
About Me

I will rock you.

02/04/2016 11:57 PM (UTC)
Remember when people thought that Kung Lao and Kitana wasn't going to be playable and be put in the Deadpool list it was some good times to hear peoples thoughts about it. When people found out they were in the game they were excited and happy except for a select few out there that didn't like them.
BelgianBlue
02/21/2016 02:01 PM (UTC)
Here's hoping that lot's not even friggin in the game.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.