Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 2 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Round 1: FIGHT!
Jataaka (23.0%)
Sareena (76.9%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • June 20th, 2018
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile Adding World Cup Skins [Read On]
  • June 14th, 2018
    Ed Boon on Giant Bomb: Nothing to Announce at E3 [Read On]
  • June 9th, 2018
    FiGPiN Scorpion Collectible Coming Soon [Read On]
  • June 8th, 2018
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Kung Lao Shaolin Fist Challenge [Read On]
  • June 5th, 2018
    Finish Him: The Warriors Who Died in Mortal Kombat X [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 4

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/19/2014 05:41 PMStatus ::
Speculation: Will the Dead Rise in Mortal Kombat X?

The unveiling of Mortal Kombat X at this year's E3 revealed key details about its basic premise and new character line-up. We know the story takes place over a twenty-five year span - jumping forward from the aftermath of Mortal Kombat (2011), to the far flung future of a new generation.

MK2011 left many of the franchise icons deceased and under the control of Netherrealm necromancer: Quan Chi. We know to expect one or two grizzled veterans fighting into the future, but in an interview with vgBR.com, Art Director Steve Beran made one of the few direct connections between fan-favourite returns and the dead fighters.

The promise of "a tonne of new characters" -- the most of any new installment -- gave the character dead pool its greatest likelihood of staying full, but Mortal Kombat has a history of scoffing at the finality of death.

Creative Director Ed Boon teased many roster elements over the course of E3. While new additions like D'Vorah & Ferra/Torr have dominated initial demos -- Boon offers consistent guarantees there will be returning favourites. The game will include an MK4 character and cameos by various fighters from the past 20 years in a robust new story mode [full story]. In discussing gameplay mechanics, the game lead has also made allusions to Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade & Raiden.

Last month; Mortal Kombat Online listed the Top 10 Characters Read to Kontinue from the last game. By and large we avoided the dead. Could the likes of Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Princess Kitana & more be primed for a resurrection?

Mortal Kombat X will be released for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PC. Fans in Brazil should keep a look out for PlayStation Magazine, which contains a Scorpion poster.

Special thanks to MKOmmunity User DivahMah for sharing the video link. Register to join all the speculation on the Mortal Kombat X forum!

DivahMahPosted: 06/18/2014 12:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::2283
Nationality::Brazil
More details about story, Dvorah specie and dead chars returning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKQPyisJr8s

D'vorah is half human and half WASP

Dragon Points:
MadameBordellaPosted: 06/18/2014 12:08 AMStatus ::

Visits::5331
Nationality::United States
RE: More details about story, Dvorah specie and dead chars returning.

Why is D'vorah so badass? I love her so much.

Also, thanks for the video.

Aw yeah, new MK!
RiyakouPosted: 06/18/2014 12:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::5625

Hopefully the fan favorites aren't limited to the usual icons.

Thanks for the find. :)

Jaded-RavenPosted: 06/18/2014 12:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

Yeah, they've kinda described her like that in different interviews. I do wonder if she is a unique case or if there's a whole race like her.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 06/18/2014 12:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::19712

Wasp like? I could tell from the start. I got a Q-Bee feel from her first time I saw her. Fingers crossed for Kung Lao and Kitana.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
whatuknowaboutMK?Posted: 06/18/2014 12:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::543

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Yeah, they've kinda described her like that in different interviews. I do wonder if she is a unique case or if there's a whole race like her.

Having a whole race like her will dumb her down a bit and make her seem less original unless each of the creatures are significantly different.

Winter is Coming A Lanister always pays his debts You know nothing Jon Snow! We do not sow! Valar Morghulis
Jaded-RavenPosted: 06/18/2014 12:32 AMStatus ::

whatuknowaboutMK? Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Having a whole race like her will dumb her down a bit and make her seem less original unless each of the creatures are significantly different.

I don't agree with that. Goro, Motaro, Moloch, Noob, Nitara and Baraka are each just one of many, but they seem pretty original in each their way.

whatuknowaboutMK?Posted: 06/18/2014 01:00 AMStatus ::

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
whatuknowaboutMK? Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

I don't agree with that. Goro, Motaro, Moloch, Noob, Nitara and Baraka are each just one of many, but they seem pretty original in each their way.

Well except for Goro, who proves my point because he has two other characters similar to him, (Sheeva and Kintaro) all of the other charcters you listed here are good examples of the point you're making.

I'm just saying that it can only work if there aren't any more characters like her in the game and the whole race thing is a back story. We don't need another Sub-Zero/Frost or Ermac/Kenshi situation.

While those characters are completely different story wise, they are very similar gameplay wise.

Winter is Coming A Lanister always pays his debts You know nothing Jon Snow! We do not sow! Valar Morghulis
Jaded-RavenPosted: 06/18/2014 01:06 AMStatus ::

whatuknowaboutMK? Wrote:

I'm just saying that it can only work if there aren't any more characters like her in the game and the whole race thing is a back story.

That we agree on. She is enough to represent her race, unless another is introduced and is vastly different from D'Vorah's playstyle.

And I mentioned Goro, because he was the first original Shokan in the games. It is Kintaro and Sheeva who are unoriginal.

diirecthitPosted: 06/18/2014 01:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::4879
Nationality::Mexico

Hopefully Kitana, Kung Lao, Nightwolf snd Kabal stay dead.

Jaded-RavenPosted: 06/18/2014 01:08 AMStatus ::

diirecthit Wrote:

Why?

whatuknowaboutMK?Posted: 06/18/2014 01:08 AMStatus ::

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
whatuknowaboutMK? Wrote:

I'm just saying that it can only work if there aren't any more characters like her in the game and the whole race thing is a back story.

That we agree on. She is enough to represent her race, unless another is introduced and is vastly different from D'Vorah's playstyle.

And I mentioned Goro, because he was the first original Shokan in the games. It is Kintaro and Sheeva who are unoriginal.

Agreed:)

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 06/18/2014 01:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::6084

Much love for Steve Beran. He's been my favorite member of the development team for a while now.

New sig on the way
Spider804Posted: 06/18/2014 01:40 AMStatus ::

Visits::6938

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
diirecthit Wrote:

Why?

I'm gonna assume he no likey them that much

BADASS6669Posted: 06/18/2014 02:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::5695

TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Much love for Steve Beran. He's been my favorite member of the development team for a while now.

I set next to him on a long flight from Germany to Chicago. He's a great guy. He even took notes from a Arena I suggested and told me if it was included in there next MK game he would send me a copy of the game. This was 2013.

The Arena was a Blood Swamp with intractable's and 3 possible Stage Fatalities. He may have been just been humoring me. but he took it. I posted details about the Arena in a post years ago.

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
ErmaScoPosted: 06/18/2014 02:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::5008

Damn...the damage system sounds AWESOME !

lastfighter89Posted: 06/18/2014 03:00 AMStatus ::

Visits::5388
Nationality::Italy

I can't watch the video con someone give me more details about the interview?

projectzero00Posted: 06/18/2014 03:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::2720
Nationality::Greece

diirecthit Wrote:

Add Liu Kang, Shao Kahn, Stryker, Cyber Sub Zero and Jax to that list and we are fine.

septillionPosted: 06/18/2014 03:42 AMStatus ::

Visits::819

TemperaryUserName Wrote:

He's a great guy but he's obviously such a nervous public speaker. It's adorable.

"She had a pretty gift for quotation, which is a serviceable substitute for wit." --W. Somerset Maugham
McHotcakesPosted: 06/18/2014 03:53 AMStatus ::

Visits::956

I don't think she is officially half human half wasp as her race. I think he just said that to give a basic description of what she looks like.

"Never Stay Down"- Steve Rogers
RazorsEdge701Posted: 06/18/2014 04:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::20795

I read somewhere that in one of Ed's interviews, he described D'Vorah as a member of an Outworld race that stayed in hiding until Kahn died to avoid him, much like Nitara and the vampires...but I can't confirm that claim as it's not in any of the E3 videos I've seen firsthand.

ToxikPosted: 06/18/2014 08:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::6014

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
I read somewhere that in one of Ed's interviews, he described D'Vorah as a member of an Outworld race that stayed in hiding until Kahn died to avoid him, much like Nitara and the vampires...but I can't confirm that claim as it's not in any of the E3 videos I've seen firsthand.

That story would be interesting.

DVorahPosted: 06/18/2014 08:20 AMStatus ::

Visits::628
Nationality::Netherlands

I really hope D'vorah is unique, and not another race like Shokans, Tarkatans and Centaurs.

LokheitPosted: 06/18/2014 08:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

I knew (a lot of us knew) there would be dead characters comming back in this game. Happy about this, Kuai Liang wasn't the only one I wanted to play as from those dead guys. I want to be able to play as Kung Lao too for example. And Sindel was among my favorites too though I think she doesn't have as many chances as Kung Lao given the low usage.

Kung Lao and Kitana could make very logical choices if Liu Kang turns mad as they could be the last hope to try to bring some sanity to him or ultimately try to defeat him. They were also among the most used characters and Ed Boon said something about making the most used characters return if I recall correctly.

Page of 4

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.