Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

2D Kombat Klassics

Discussing the 2D MK Klassics: Everything from the Original to Rereleases.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/03/2014 10:38 AMStatus ::
Klassic MK Kast Reunite at Galloping Ghost Aracde

If it isn't already: Chicago's Galloping Ghost Arcade is on the fast track to becoming a mecca to Mortal Kombat fans!

Its proximity to the traditional base of operations for today's NetherRealm Studios makes it a natural home away from home for the klassic fighting series. GGA boasts a comprehensive working collection of now klassic Mortal Kombat arcade cabinets. Go there on the right day, and you might even come across some of the klassic faces who made them happen!

Last weekend (June 28), the arcade hosted Shang Tsung's Fight Night IV -- a live event that brought together a rogues gallery reunion of actors who appeared in the original digitized games!

The event was open to the public for a marathon 11AM to 2AM session at only the standard admission charge! It was a historic gathering for the cast -- some of whom didn't even appear together in the same game(s)! Continuity wouldn't get in the way of fans taking the opportunity to get autographs, photographs and a rare opportunity to mingle with the fighting game icons!

Mortal Kombat Trilogy: The original kast reunite at GGA! [via Galloping Ghost Productions]

In attendance [pictured above] were: [Back Row]: John Parrish (Jax), Carlos Pesina (Raiden), Kerri Hoskins (MK3 Sonya Blade), Brian Glynn (Shao Kahn), Lia Montelongo (Sindel), Richard Divizio (Kano, Quan Chi, Baraka), Anthony Marquez (Kung Lao, Fujin), Daniel Pesina (OG Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero etc). [Front]: Philip Ahn (MKII Shang Tsung), Sal Divita (Nightwolf, Sektor, Cyrax) & John Vogel (Artist).

The gathering coincides with the 20th anniversary of Mortal Kombat II -- a landmark sequel that continues to loom large as one of the series' greatest successes! The 1993 arcade hit challenged everything the original game had established - ramping up the number of characters, the colors, the moves and the mythology. Much of the modern series owes to this original ground breaking game!

So enduring is the affection held for the digitized era, that it continues to be reprised in different forms. A three-game Arcade Kollection was released in 2011. The subject of the games was the basis of the last game: Mortal Kombat (2011). Attempts by developers and fans alike to recreate Mortal Kombat HD has seen mixed results. [Related Article: Lost Kontent: Mortal Kombat HD Behind-the-Scenes Photos]

For those who couldn't make it - there has been good documentation!
After making waves through social networks -- Mortal Kombat Online learnt about the event through the likes of series co-creator John Tobias (@therealsaibot) -- the event was streamed live via GGA's Twitch! Galloping Ghost have also shared a massive gallery of photos on the Galloping Ghost Productions Facebook account.

VGEvo were in Chicago to cover the event. They shared their take with videos, including this clip of Daniel Pesina demonstrating the rope dart -- a weapon he helped make famous as the original Scorpion!

Be sure to visit the Galloping Ghost Productions page for more photos and information about Chicago's largest video game arcade! Team GGA will no doubt be one of the teams to keep an eye on at the 2014 Evo World Championships next week - July 11-13. Injustice: Gods Among Us will be there with NetherRealm Studios in the house to watch and maybe more [original story].

Register to share your nostalgia and memories in the 2D Kombat Klassics forum! Klassics battle brand new enemies in this year's Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion tournament. Choose their destiny by voting in the daily User Poll!

ReptzMKPosted: 07/03/2014 07:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::34
Nationality::United States
RE: Original MK team meets up!

Oh, wow, awesome find!

I was literally going over the picture trying to pick out who portrayed who. Fun times.

InfiniteAmmoPosted: 07/03/2014 07:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::91

Pretty awesome....forgot how gorgeous Kerri Hoskins was. She hasn't lost a bit of it.

SwingBattaPosted: 07/03/2014 10:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::1720

It's kind of sad in a way, looking at those pictures, because they're all two decades older, as are we.

[Killswitch]Posted: 07/03/2014 11:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::19211

Hoskins is still a bombshell.

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
IcebabyPosted: 07/03/2014 11:36 AMStatus ::

Visits::11647

I had a chance to go but I had no ride up there.

Meh, Galloping Ghost has these guys come up every so often so it's not a total loss, but it's not gonna happen for a while so...

Darkhound74Posted: 07/03/2014 11:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::5377

[Killswitch] Wrote:
Hoskins is still a bombshell.

This.

Also if I'm not mistaken John Parrish has lost a lot of weight since his Jax bio card video.

photo darkhoundsig_zps0f1vqozf.gif
Thanks MINION
ShadalooPosted: 07/03/2014 11:40 AMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

Wonder why Elizabeth Malecki, Katalin Zamiar, Becky Gable, Eddie Wong and Michael O' Brien couldn't make it, or where they are these days.

I wish I had freaking known about this. Would have made a road trip.

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
oraclePosted: 07/03/2014 11:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::9365

Darkhound74 Wrote:
Also if I'm not mistaken John Parrish has lost a lot of weight since his Jax bio card video.
He has. He's looking like Jax again. Also he's aged far less than a lot of them lol.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
IcebabyPosted: 07/03/2014 11:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::11647

He lost weight, but he's more ripped than he was when he was Jax.

When I went when it was just Rich, John, Daniel, and Philip (Carlos was supposed to be there but he never made it), Rich gave me and my boyfriend tips on how to be successful in the art industry, and I wanted to give this guy a hug after how depressing he started sounding after all of this fame happened. He now works with trains he says and it sucks. But nonetheless, both he and John has a very hysterical sense of humor, so no more depressing story!

Skaven13Posted: 07/03/2014 12:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::2233

Shadaloo Wrote:
Wonder why Elizabeth Malecki, Katalin Zamiar, Becky Gable, Eddie Wong and Michael O' Brien couldn't make it, or where they are these days.

I wish I had freaking known about this. Would have made a road trip.

I believe Katalin Zamiar had some issues with the company (then Midway). She was involved in a lawsuit with them if I am not mistaken. Someone could probably fill in the details better than I, but there may still be some bitterness there. I know she has done a few exercise/martial arts videos since then.

skavesig
ShadalooPosted: 07/03/2014 12:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

A quick googling and her wiki article shows she's really busy these days. I thought the same (lawsuit fallout), but IIRC Philip Ahn was also part of that ordeal, and he showed up. Everyone's got their reasons, I guess, but I'm guessing she just hasn't got the time.

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
Skaven13Posted: 07/03/2014 12:13 PMStatus ::

Man…..I would have done ANYTHING to get to meet/get a signature from the original Sindel actress!! Argh! Why do I always find out about these things AFTER they have already happened??????!! Ugh…what a missed opportunity.

skavesig
ErmacsPosted: 07/03/2014 12:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::386

Brings tears to my eyes

The Loveable Asshole
Skaven13Posted: 07/03/2014 12:21 PMStatus ::

Shadaloo Wrote:
A quick googling and her wiki article shows she's really busy these days. I thought the same (lawsuit fallout), but IIRC Philip Ahn was also part of that ordeal, and he showed up. Everyone's got their reasons, I guess, but I'm guessing she just hasn't got the time.

Wow, she has been pretty busy. Yeah, Phillip was part of it. It looks like Malecki was involved in that lawsuit as well.

skavesig
RedSumacPosted: 07/03/2014 12:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::2302
Nationality::Russia

Ah, I see they have finally used my suggestion. Good work.

Sub-Zero_7thPosted: 07/03/2014 12:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::19142

It's awesome that a lot of the actors from the old games got together for that event. All this nostalgia makes me want to go back to playing some of the older games. It sucks to hear what's going on with Rich, but on the other hand, it's cool that he's trying to keep his spirits up. John Parrish looks almost unrecognizable without the facial hair. It's great that he's back in shape. And yes, Kerri Hoskins and Lia Montelongo are still hot.

SwingBattaPosted: 07/03/2014 02:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::1720

Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
It sucks to hear what's going on with Rich, but on the other hand, it's cool that he's trying to keep his spirits up.

Que?

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 07/03/2014 02:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::6174

So many handsome fellas and beautiful ladies. The original casts of MK have aged amazingly. Wish I look that good in 20 years.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
H3ndrixPosted: 07/03/2014 02:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::413

This is awesome, would of loved to see John Turk with them though, that would of been great!

They all look like they are having a great time. :)

Spider-2099Posted: 07/03/2014 03:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::1862
RE: Klassic MK Kast Reunite at Galloping Ghost Aracde

Damn, Parrish is definitely still in tip-top shape. That guy's torn.

Sub-Zero_7thPosted: 07/03/2014 03:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::19142

SwingBatta Wrote:
Sub-Zero_7th Wrote:
It sucks to hear what's going on with Rich, but on the other hand, it's cool that he's trying to keep his spirits up.

Que?

I'm just referring to the stuff that Icebaby mentioned. I know of some other stuff mentioned in one of those On The Blast interviews, but I forgot exactly what it was. Anyway, I'd like to see other footage of the actors playing the game or something.

lebronjamesPosted: 07/03/2014 03:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::345
Nationality::Cuba

This is so awesome!! I understand they plan to do this event next year. Looks like I'm gonna have to save me some money to go! That place has all Mk games plus lots more, it's like gaming heaven for any old school gamer like myself!! These type of places are nowhere to be found these days. Anybody here from that area?

Kombat Returns 2015
FROIDPosted: 07/03/2014 04:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::2111

I am so jealous of the Illinois natives. Parrish looks built to kill. I am still shocked that Daniel made it there.

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.