Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (54.2%)
Out of kredits. (45.7%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/23/2014 02:04 AMStatus ::
Know Your Enemy: The Fighting Variations of DVorah

Mortal Kombat X will not be at this year's San Diego Comic-Con -- but that doesn't mean the fine folks at NetherRealm Studios don't have more to show us! Over on the Official Facebook - the team is giving us a closer look at the different variations of newcomer D'Vorah! Check it out:

Each character Variation will offer different visual tells to inform the player who they're up against. With D'Vorah's first two Variations revealed -- you can see some of the obvious visual differences. Better still, get the developer's own take on the all important play style differences that are being touted as a major innovation of the new game.

Brood Mother: This Variation gives D'Vorah the ability to launch a crawling minion that locks down her opponent. D'Vorah can then manoeuvre into close range and attack with relative ease.

Swarm Queen: In this Variation D'Vorah has the ability to summon a wasp tornado, lifting opponents into the air. She can also throw explosive bug bombs. These moves are excellent zoning tactics. Special moves in the Swarm Queen Variation can also be used as combo openers.

Venomous: In this Variation, all of D'Vorah's ovipositor attacks poison the opponent and are highly effective for rushdowns. This Variation also allows for better chip damage and tactically matches up well against strong defensive opponents.

You can get even better acquainted with D'Vorah in previous features: E3 Full Match Preview Videos, E3 Official Screenshots & Introduction Loading Screen.

Still not satisfied? Check out the Evo 2014 Character Reveal Trailer for Raiden. Register to find and comment on more stories on the Mortal Kombat X forum!

oraclePosted: 07/23/2014 02:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::9432
Nationality::United States
RE: Know Your Enemy: The Fighting Variations of DVorah

I wonder why they didn't reveal the third one. Poisonous or Venomous or whatever it was.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
seanayPosted: 07/23/2014 02:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::9287
Nationality::United Kingdom

Hmmm i wanna know Cassies story

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/23/2014 02:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::20010

oracle Wrote:
I wonder why they didn't reveal the third one. Poisonous or Venomous or whatever it was.

Tomorrow.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
Darkhound74Posted: 07/23/2014 02:30 AMStatus ::

Visits::5379

I may be speaking prematurely here, but I have a feeling D'Vorah will be my new favorite female.

photo darkhound-cyrax-merge-sig_zpsd49cf8cd.png
razz2d2Posted: 07/23/2014 02:36 AMStatus ::

Visits::2064

Why not a video like they did with Raiden? I know she's been revealed but that video really helped show how the variations are different which is useful

Scar_SubbyPosted: 07/23/2014 02:53 AMStatus ::

Visits::2527

So, D'vorah has a minion thing? Like a bug? I'll have to see video to better understand.

However, this has me curious. D'Vorah has a little bug minion possibly. Scorpion can summon a demon in one variation. Torr uses Ferra as a weapon.

See a common theme there? People were saying Scorpion's demon disconfirmed Noob Saibot. I now fully disagree. These minions or aids makes Noob Saibot all the more likely to me now.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/23/2014 03:16 AMStatus ::

Scar_Subby Wrote:
So, D'vorah has a minion thing? Like a bug? I'll have to see video to better understand.

Try this thread and check out Sub-Zero v D'Vorah. She's using the little critter in that match.

MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 07/23/2014 07:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::19712

Scar_Subby Wrote:

If you ever played Injustice, its basically like The Joker's low projectile. Except D'Vorah's bug is slower.

And I hope they do this for more if not all characters revealed. Would love to see Cassie in her aviators.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
ToxikPosted: 07/23/2014 07:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::6014

Isn't one of her projectiles(throwing bugs) the same thing Drahmin did in MKDA? Throwing flies to opponents.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 07/23/2014 07:56 AMStatus ::

Toxik Wrote:
Isn't one of her projectiles(throwing bugs) the same thing Drahmin did in MKDA? Throwing flies to opponents.

That's not really a fair comparison.

D'Vorah's whole gimmick is insects. If anyone should have bug attacks it SHOULD be her. Drahmin was not all about bugs, the guy was a bag of rotting meat with a mask and an Iron Club. Drahmin just randomly clumping flies together and throwing them just didn't make sense.

ShujinkoXPosted: 07/23/2014 07:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::28

This gal keeps getting more interesting

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/23/2014 08:00 AMStatus ::

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
D'Vorah's whole gimmick is insects. If anyone should have bug attacks it SHOULD be her. Drahmin was not all about bugs, the guy was a bag of rotting meat with a mask and an Iron Club. Drahmin just randomly clumping flies together and throwing them just didn't make sense.

Netherrealm demon, Lord of the Flies. Ala; Beelzebub. You're right about the allocation of gimmicks, but it did make sense for Drahmin. We know Drahmin won't make the cut, too. So fair play, really.

ToxikPosted: 07/23/2014 09:56 AMStatus ::

Visits::6014

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
That's not really a fair comparison.

Well, my point was that it's basically the same attack. Whether it fits Drahmins or D'Vorah is not the point. The point is that, the attack is similar. Will it have the same efffect? Will have to find out.

SwingBattaPosted: 07/23/2014 10:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::1720

The "Swarm Mother" looks pretty cool; I like the idea of giant yellow jackets hovering all over the screen. Plus, the character looks far more threatening with her hood up.

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:

The character of Drahmin just didn't make sense, period.

[Killswitch]Posted: 07/23/2014 10:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::19267

I will say, and I hope they address this if not already, is if I want to play "Brood Mother", can I change whether or not I want to keep the hood down or not? Because if not that's gonna be stupid. I think she looks better with the hood up, but if I'm mostly going to be playing that variation I'm going to be stuck with Baldvora. I mean I'll play her other variations just to try them out, but I think I'll be sticking more with the close combat variation rather than the zoning one.

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
oraclePosted: 07/23/2014 01:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::9432

I think you're locked into whatever cosmetic change your chosen variation has.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 07/23/2014 01:35 PMStatus ::

oracle Wrote:

Yeah that is kind of stupid. If I want Cassie's aviators I shouldn't have to use Hollywood. It tells the variation at the screen select, not like we need the cosmetic changes to tell us what variations we're using.

Darkhound74Posted: 07/23/2014 04:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::5379

Here

Venomous Variation for D'Vorah.

Highly effective against strong defensive types.

photo darkhound-cyrax-merge-sig_zpsd49cf8cd.png
WeaponTheoryPosted: 07/23/2014 04:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::540

Toxik Wrote:

Not even near the same.

D'Vorah places a bug on the ground, with the bug's delayed time, it gives D'Vorah time to rush to her opponent and attack. While the bug's attack will act like an additional assist hit, if timed and hit correctly, could give D'Vorah a chance to apply more attacks to the opponent.
And not only that. Just placing it down will make the player have to choose which to fear more.
That bug crawling to you, you may most likely try to jump over it which could cause you to be air bait. Choose not to jump it and just eat the attack could cause you to eat a combo if D'Vorah is fast enough and well timed.

I wonder what happens if you simply block it?
And I'm curious to know what the Enhance version is, I'm thinking a stun (free hit).

Drahmin's flies are just a projectile attack. Nothing more. womp womp

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot
unleash_your_toungePosted: 07/23/2014 04:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::5818

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
oracle Wrote:

Yeah that is kind of stupid. If I want Cassie's aviators I shouldn't have to use Hollywood. It tells the variation at the screen select, not like we need the cosmetic changes to tell us what variations we're using.

No kidding. Maybe they'll have a new mode that let's you customize all these costume props.

SwingBatta Wrote:
The "Swarm Mother" looks pretty cool; I like the idea of giant yellow jackets hovering all over the screen. Plus, the character looks far more threatening with her hood up.

This.

My question is, what kind of cosmetic changes will the alternates have in comparison?

"Life, for all it's anguish, is ours Miss Ives. It belongs to no other." - Ferdinand Lyle
fijikungfuPosted: 07/23/2014 05:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::5080

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
oracle Wrote:

Yeah honestly they should scrap the costume variations thing and just add in a mode to customize costumes.

-Courtesy of TheCypher-
CassiesPatentedNutBusterPosted: 07/23/2014 05:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::948
Nationality::Peru

There's like acid dripping out of her hands and the openings on her legs in Venomous. Cool

DarkenedSoulPosted: 07/23/2014 05:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::27

Since it's a low attack, I'm guessing you will have to crouch block. If you stand block, the attack will get you.

The characters should not have their "looks" inclined with the variations. We should be able to select the character with the attire we want then select the variation.

MedusaPosted: 07/23/2014 05:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::4340

Beyond stoked for variations. Hot damn.

Page of 2

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.